User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Administration > Planetarion Help Desk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 12 Mar 2005, 06:17   #1
DeadMan
Slave of Catwoman

DeadMan is an unknown quantity at this point
Start of R13

why do haveto start it at the beginning of the easter vacation? I'm and alot of others are gonna miss out on 4-5 first days and that will automaticly ruin the round if you ever plan on gettn into the top 100.
DeadMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Mar 2005, 10:25   #2
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future
Re: Start of R13

i'd actually say its a good thing, it means people will be less worries about uni/school etc at the start of the round. I think more people will appreciate the date then will dislike it. It is allways inevtiable that someone looses out due to the start date of a round.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Mar 2005, 13:48   #3
Marv
Jazz Man

Marv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the rough

*Marv agrees with Kal..

Ex ROCK HC & PA Team Head of Support.
Marv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Mar 2005, 16:55   #4
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Personally this round start has screwed me for the upcoming round. At university, I have lightning-fast broadband with 24/7 access to it. At home, my parents have 56k dial-up which I might be able to use for two hours max, a day.

No 72 hours without sleep for me.

-furball
Unread 12 Mar 2005, 17:15   #5
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonentity
Personally this round start has screwed me for the upcoming round. At university, I have lightning-fast broadband with 24/7 access to it. At home, my parents have 56k dial-up which I might be able to use for two hours max, a day.

No 72 hours without sleep for me.

-furball
i've given up going home when its the holidays

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 12 Mar 2005, 20:12   #6
Neferti
part time ghost

Neferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to behold

But the round does go on over the main revision period/exam period for UK students... and I think quite a lot of students play this!
Unread 13 Mar 2005, 09:41   #7
Orion Treet
Forever Noob

Orion Treet has a spectacular aura aboutOrion Treet has a spectacular aura about

In a vacation people have the most time on their hands, in the beginning if your playing seriously it's important to not miss many ticks, if any, and work/school would really interfere with that.
<Zhil> I am HC
<Zhil> I gave myself permission
<[MO]Forest> i meant a proper hc, not a hc who would suicide into his MO's fleet

Played r4-9.5 r12-14 Now retired.
Proud to have been Cosmic Frostbite (r12 - 22:5 - #1 gal)
Forever [4D] - LCH, ND, Absolute, TFD, DLR
Might and greed will never outweigh honor and loyalty!
Orion Treet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Mar 2005, 10:59   #8
Kal
Inactive peon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neferti
But the round does go on over the main revision period/exam period for UK students... and I think quite a lot of students play this!
not much we can do about that though is there

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 14 Mar 2005, 00:44   #9
DeadMan
Slave of Catwoman

DeadMan is an unknown quantity at this point

In vacations most ppl dont have internet at all.
DeadMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Mar 2005, 01:19   #10
A2
#planetarion

A2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion Treet
In a vacation people have the most time on their hands, in the beginning if your playing seriously it's important to not miss many ticks, if any, and work/school would really interfere with that.
Revise between ticks - you've got 50+ minutes each hour then
Unread 14 Mar 2005, 04:00   #11
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neferti
I think that people with important exams will have to consider not playing PA as hardcore as they did in r12. PA can't justify not running during this period, especially considering there's been no game since Christmas (not including speedgames).

Personally I have first year uni exams, but I'll be playing as hardcore as ever. However, I skipped r8 (I think) for important exams. As much as I hate to say it, rl can sometimes take priority.

Tbh, a greater problem for players is lack of net access during the easter break. But nothing can be done about that, and the sooner PA is running again, the better.
Unread 14 Mar 2005, 04:07   #12
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A2
Revise between ticks - you've got 50+ minutes each hour then
thats what i do :/
Unread 14 Mar 2005, 09:17   #13
barney
Ex-Visionary

barney is a jewel in the roughbarney is a jewel in the roughbarney is a jewel in the rough

if i did 50+ minutes work per hour that would be an improvement

but seriously guys whenevr you run the round it will clash with something, sitting at my PC might actually tempt me to DO some revision, hail pa the savior of my exams
r11 NoS (16:9:10)
r12 VsN (22:2:1)
r13 VsN BC (10:10:10) - R.I.P.
r14 xVx Head BC (2:8:3)
barney is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Mar 2005, 13:07   #14
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

Least I can save my easter eggs for my 72hours of staying awake muhahaha.

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote