User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 3 Mar 2005, 18:11   #1
Neferti
part time ghost

Neferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to behold
nice one

I've been spotting ads for NationStates on the PA website and forums for several weeks now, perhaps even months; NationStates was acquired by Jolt sometime last year (either shortly before or after I started playing it). But just now I spotted something I never expected to see: banner ads for Planetarion!!! Over on the NationStates forums

I dont know why, but that made me a little bit happier; nice to see some advertising still going on. Although, now is probably not the best time to be advertising as there's no sign up date for round 13 yet. On the other hand, NationStates is a HUGE community and probably a good place to advertise PA...
Unread 3 Mar 2005, 18:25   #2
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: nice one

yup. pa has been on the jolt banner rotation for quite some time, therefore technically we should be appearing on all jolt-owned sites
Unread 3 Mar 2005, 23:29   #3
demiGOD
the Sacred Pervert

demiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nice

they should advertise on search engines and any gamers magazines heh

Veneratio | Insomnia | F-Crew | Subh
demiGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Mar 2005, 19:18   #4
Lunar_Lamp
Server Manager

Lunar_Lamp is a glorious beacon of lightLunar_Lamp is a glorious beacon of lightLunar_Lamp is a glorious beacon of lightLunar_Lamp is a glorious beacon of lightLunar_Lamp is a glorious beacon of lightLunar_Lamp is a glorious beacon of light

If I recall correctly there was a competition a while ago to design an advert for PA to be put into a game magazine - don't know what became of it though...
Lunar_Lamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Mar 2005, 00:02   #5
A2
#planetarion

A2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud of

That was about 2 years ago Lunar_Lamp. It appeared in the September 2003 issue of PCZone iirc on about page 81. I'm sure someone's got a scanned copy of it somewhere (I used to, but I have nfi where it's gone)
Unread 7 Mar 2005, 02:27   #6
Neferti
part time ghost

Neferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to behold

Actually I first signed up to PA largely because of an article that PC Gamer ran on it in February or March 2000, when it was still a fairly novel idea.
Unread 7 Mar 2005, 03:13   #7
Orion Treet
Forever Noob

Orion Treet has a spectacular aura aboutOrion Treet has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neferti
Actually I first signed up to PA largely because of an article that PC Gamer ran on it in February or March 2000, when it was still a fairly novel idea.
Think I have the magazine somewhere with that in it
<Zhil> I am HC
<Zhil> I gave myself permission
<[MO]Forest> i meant a proper hc, not a hc who would suicide into his MO's fleet

Played r4-9.5 r12-14 Now retired.
Proud to have been Cosmic Frostbite (r12 - 22:5 - #1 gal)
Forever [4D] - LCH, ND, Absolute, TFD, DLR
Might and greed will never outweigh honor and loyalty!
Orion Treet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Mar 2005, 03:30   #8
Neferti
part time ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion Treet
Think I have the magazine somewhere with that in it
Yeah, I still have it somewhere too. I've never thrown a PC Gamer away