User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 25 Jan 2005, 13:29   #1
Rinoa
Reject False Icons

Rinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to behold
Skins

I know in round 13 its been promised new skins for each race ( Or was it just new graphics?) but the point i am trying to make is why is there not more than 12 skins available?Even from that selection only 4 or so id even condider using.
We have a communitty of 2k players supposedly and im quite sure a high proportion of them are fairly handy with graphics designing etc so why didnt we see more skins being designed? I missed the discussion that were around when the option to create skins was annouced so what is required to make one?

Ive been terran then zik last few rounds and both times wanted the kickass xan skin from round 9/9.5 or at least a new xan one -- Green on black just owns >*
But had to settle for the zik skin. And yes i know this complaint is a tiny one game wise but when u are sitting looking at this screen 8+ hours a day you really want something pretty :|
Wolfpack - Dc
xVx - DC
Apprime -_-
Rinoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jan 2005, 13:45   #2
Blixxard
Currently Unavailable

Blixxard is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Skins

Promised?
Blixxard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jan 2005, 13:50   #3
Rinoa
Reject False Icons

Rinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to behold

Actually maybe i was confused with the promise of new ships graphics... but the rest of the post is still valid. And this post is not aimed at criticising the pa team for lack of skins, but rather asking the community to get their finger out and do us proud by designing even better ones
Wolfpack - Dc
xVx - DC
Apprime -_-
Unread 25 Jan 2005, 13:59   #4
Blixxard
Currently Unavailable

Blixxard is an unknown quantity at this point

humm. The promise has not come for me. (The ship pics were going to be done for round 14 but Kal changed the topic to round 13)

Well there were some skins I have updates too but I have not got around to updating them. As for race skins there is cath left to do.
We did discuss the idea of people uploading skins but in the end it was decided that it is better to keep skins official. If anyone makes a skin and sends it into me, I look at it then if it is acceptable then the person gets a free credit. Simple.
Blixxard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jan 2005, 19:40   #5
A2
#planetarion

A2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud of

See This Ancient Announcement for details of how to submit a skin (although we probably ought to post a new one of these at some point)
Unread 26 Jan 2005, 14:28   #6
Rinoa
Reject False Icons

yeah thanks A2 thats the info i was after. I remember reading it years ago but back then i wasnt into graphics so is very interesting now.
Wolfpack - Dc
xVx - DC
Apprime -_-
Unread 26 Jan 2005, 16:32   #7
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

wish i could make skins etc... Shame I am pap at that sort of thing

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote