User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 25 Nov 2004, 00:21   #1
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend
ffs i cannot be dealing with this shit

About 2 weeks ago some guy comes into my shop, 2 minutes before we close. He buys a packet of chewing gum and some cigerettes which he pays for on his card, and asks for cashback to make the total up to £40. The nearest i could give him was £35. So i finish the transaction and give him his cash, receipt and card back (in that order, cash on the bottom, card on top). All the while the supervisor was standing behind me waiting for this wanker to leave the shop so we could shut up. The next day however, this wanker comes back and tells the boss that he never got his cashback. But, when we cashed the till up at the end of the night, the till was level. If i hadn't given him his cashback, the till should've been £35 up, which it wasn't. Now on friday there is to be an enquiry by company security, involving myself and the supervisor writing a letter and being interviewed by someone

i ****ing hate people
We shall remember them.
Demon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Nov 2004, 00:24   #2
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: ffs i cannot be dealing with this shit

yes indeed, as a general statement, you can safely say that 'people' are complete and utter knob jockeys
Unread 25 Nov 2004, 00:26   #3
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Your "Customer" is a thief and you should say to management that if it is proven you are correct, you want them to prosecute him for demanding money with menaces, and demand a written apology from both them and him.
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Nov 2004, 00:30   #4
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

if your supervisor saw the transaction then its a pisstake anyway tbh, but yeah, demand an apology
Unread 25 Nov 2004, 00:38   #5
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Starbucks is on a distinguished road

I have seen better organised scotland fixtures.

Seriously, you have nothing to worry about. Just remember to offer the guy a stick of gum if you see him
Starbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Nov 2004, 00:39   #6
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbucks
I have seen better organised scotland fixtures.

Seriously, you have nothing to worry about. Just remember to offer the guy a stick of gum if you see him
Scotland fixtures are perfectly well organised.

Its just unfortunate we actually turn up
Unread 25 Nov 2004, 00:42   #7
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Your supervisor is going to say that he didnt see you not give the money to the customer.

As such you're going to have no back up that way.

Just something to think about.
Unread 25 Nov 2004, 00:43   #8
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

the balance at the end of the day is proof enough, right?
Unread 25 Nov 2004, 00:47   #9
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurashima
Your "Customer" is a thief and you should say to management that if it is proven you are correct, you want them to prosecute him for demanding money with menaces, and demand a written apology from both them and him.
i agree that yes, this guy probably is a thief and, if i am proven right, i will demand an apology off of him. the management is not to blame however, they're only following "standard procedure", which i can understand. and i actually quite like my boss (who is supporting me all the way). just out of interest, would i have any legal footing to sue this guy for trauma or stress or something because i'm actually getting quite stressed out over this, which is affecting my college work
We shall remember them.
Unread 25 Nov 2004, 00:50   #10
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Theamion
the balance at the end of the day is proof enough, right?
what's to say that i didn't just pocket the money myself, which is the point i think this guy is getting at. besides, on the cctv tape i've been told you can see him putting something in his wallet, you just can't make out what it is (i haven't actually seen the tape myself )
We shall remember them.
Unread 25 Nov 2004, 00:50   #11
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Ohhh btw ...

"If you went into a shop and you only got two things, chewing gum and £35, would it take you till the next day to notice that you are lacking the £35?"

That should be your line of defense/attack.

From a lawyer POV you need to back up that argument.

As such ...

"Could the customer have come back that night to ask for his money?"

(if "yes" ... and thats what you should be prepared for ... then you should be able to argue that you would have realised he was there ie be able to hear him from "round the back" if thats where you were counting up)

"Is there any CCTv footage of the incident?"

If "yes" then it should have been stored and you can point out there was no "negative reaction" from the guy.

If "no" then (this is where you go on the attack) "Why not?"

You should then argue at this point that the shop should have CCTV. Benefits of which include increased profits due to a cut down on shop lifting ... also increased staff safety (any assault could be preosecuted) which also increases profits (no assault = no employee suing shop for unsafe working conditions).

If they have CCTV but didnt keep the film for the one day it took for the guy to complain then you can nail their management (ie it was obvious this tape would be of use so it was poor judgement that allowed the tape to "go").

CBA writing any more.
Unread 25 Nov 2004, 00:51   #12
Dace
so f*cking zen

edit: was writing previous post before Dave mentioned the video tape
Unread 25 Nov 2004, 01:00   #13
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

BTW , if the guy in question is of Asian or African descent, hes probably a thief anyway.

[/stereotype]
Unread 25 Nov 2004, 01:02   #14
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society

Its up to them to prove you DIDNT give it to him. ie, have footage of you sticking it in your pocket.

Unless they can do that they can go **** themselves.
Unread 25 Nov 2004, 01:16   #15
deerbarn
Anal Crumb

deerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to behold

I hope you have enough to do the **** for theft by deception. Some twat tried to do this to me with a credit card the other week (saying i didnt give him his card back) luckily the cameras in our place are ****ing amazing. I have cunstomers
Unread 25 Nov 2004, 01:17   #16
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Starbucks is on a distinguished road

I am happy I do not have to deal customers anymore, now I deal with managers who like powerpoint.....oooh boy
Starbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Nov 2004, 08:19   #17
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Customers are shit.
Every single last one of them.
Unread 25 Nov 2004, 10:35   #18
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend

if and when he signed the receipt, isn't that an automatic admission that he got that cash? Granted if an item is missing fair enough, but most shop policy is that as soon as you leave the door, it's your own problem, and not the problem of the shop.

As I recall, cashback always had to be signed separately (i.e. another signiature next to the cashback amount)

chill, you'll be fine.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Nov 2004, 11:28   #19
Madina
TashTastic

Madina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical Edward
As I recall, cashback always had to be signed separately (i.e. another signiature next to the cashback amount)
Yeah you have to initial it
Unread 25 Nov 2004, 11:34   #20
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

People used to try this at the bar I worked at all the time. It was pretty hectic, as it was a student bar.

Our manager just trusted all of us implicitly. If we said a customer was lying, he'd tell them to sod off. He annoyed quite a few people, but it made the atmosphere a lot more relaxed than your shop sounds.

If you were going to steal money, surely taking someone's cashback would be the stupidest way of doing it? As in... you'd pocket it, he'd walk out the shop, then come back and go "er, my money?" and you'd have to fish it out of your pocket and reply "oh sorry, forgot I'd put it... there..."
Unread 25 Nov 2004, 12:26   #21
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madina
Yeah you have to initial it
thought so.

if he has initialled it, that is basically him admitting that he has the money and he can get lost then

Unread 25 Nov 2004, 12:36   #22
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Surely you sign for the money before you get it though? While in this case Dace's point is correct (who wouldn't notice your main item when you only bought gum?), it's possible to imagine signing for the cash, collecting together the rest of your items, and then absently forgetting about the money.

This guy is clearly a crook, but it's a vaguely possible scenario. I've done things like this as I'm fairly absent minded when it comes to money, etc.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Nov 2004, 14:23   #23
deerbarn
Anal Crumb

deerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
Surely you sign for the money before you get it though? While in this case Dace's point is correct (who wouldn't notice your main item when you only bought gum?), it's possible to imagine signing for the cash, collecting together the rest of your items, and then absently forgetting about the money.

This guy is clearly a crook, but it's a vaguely possible scenario. I've done things like this as I'm fairly absent minded when it comes to money, etc.

Scarily that does happen. Ive also had people speniding £200 on a dvd player and a newspaper. Leaving the DVD and walking out with the paper :-/
Unread 25 Nov 2004, 14:30   #24
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by meglamaniac
Customers are shit.
Every single last one of them.
So does that mean you're shit if you went to buy something from a shop since that'll make you a customer?
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Nov 2004, 14:37   #25
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
While in this case Dace's point is correct (who wouldn't notice your main item when you only bought gum?), it's possible to imagine signing for the cash, collecting together the rest of your items, and then absently forgetting about the money.
Yeah, I done this a few times last year. Go to Sainsbury's, buy a couple of pints of milk, and get 20 pound cashback, and walk away without picking it up. I got shouted back a couple of times by the checkout lady telling me I forgot the money; hopefully I didnt ever actually leave without it, but I suppose I'll never know.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Nov 2004, 14:38   #26
slick
Last Of The Soul Reaver

slick is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon Dave
i agree that yes, this guy probably is a thief and, if i am proven right, i will demand an apology off of him. the management is not to blame however, they're only following "standard procedure", which i can understand. and i actually quite like my boss (who is supporting me all the way). just out of interest, would i have any legal footing to sue this guy for trauma or stress or something because i'm actually getting quite stressed out over this, which is affecting my college work

no you cant. but you can get him for false statment act 1986 that is if he rights this in his statement of course.... will check other ways 4 u

You're just jealous coz the voices are talking to me!

Rimmer: Step Up To Red Alet!
Kryten: Are You Sure Sir, It Does Mean Changing The Bulb!

Death to the deamoness Allegra Gellar!
slick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Nov 2004, 14:40   #27
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
Yeah, I done this a few times last year. Go to Sainsbury's, buy a couple of pints of milk, and get 20 pound cashback, and walk away without picking it up. I got shouted back a couple of times by the checkout lady telling me I forgot the money; hopefully I didnt ever actually leave without it, but I suppose I'll never know.
Yes Nod, but for all your much vaunted intellectual madskillz, youre still a dippit monkey when it comes to real life.
Unread 25 Nov 2004, 14:43   #28
deerbarn
Anal Crumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick
no you cant. but you can get him for false statment act 1986 that is if he rights this in his statement of course.... will check other ways 4 u

(its theft by deception)
Unread 25 Nov 2004, 14:49   #29
slick
Last Of The Soul Reaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by deerbarn
(its theft by deception)
no its not, because nothing was "stolen" Its just he's lying through his ass trying to get more!

Unread 25 Nov 2004, 14:51   #30
deerbarn
Anal Crumb

He has stolen the cashback
Unread 25 Nov 2004, 14:53   #31
slick
Last Of The Soul Reaver

no he hasn't. (unless he got more cashback and then i just look stupid.....)

Unread 25 Nov 2004, 15:07   #32
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend

I believe it's called "attempting to obtain a pecuniary advantage by deception" or some such.
He was crowned in York Cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Nov 2004, 00:23   #33
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

anyone know any websites that explain these laws?
We shall remember them.
Unread 26 Nov 2004, 00:42   #34
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blastoderm
So does that mean you're shit if you went to buy something from a shop since that'll make you a customer?
Yes. As customers the majority of we British citizans expect something for nothing at the least opportunity, and then complain loudly if we don't get it.
I've been a right bastard plenty of times to the guys in electrical retail shops like Currys, because them trying to shove worthless "coverplans" down my throat annoys the living hell out of me.

However, having been on the receiving end of customers all too often back in my GCSE days I feel I'm entitled.

Once, when I was but a lowly shelf stacker/till worker in our local Co-Op, this clumsy cow managed to knock half the contents of an entire shelf onto the floor and then had a go at me for it. Apparently it was my fault for putting it there. I patiently explained the concept of "floor plans" and how they relate to the concept of "I don't decide or have any control over where to place stock". This didn't work. I explained as it was clearly an accident she wouldn't be charged. This didn't work, it was still my fault and by god she was going to see me suffer for it.
She demanded to see the manager. We went to the manager. We went through the whole thing about floor plans again. Stupid bitch still wanted "something done about it".
The manager got pissed off, charged her £50 for the damange and banned her from the shop for life.
Probably my most happy day at work ever, just remembering the look on the cow's face \o/

Inbetween things like that and the little bastards from year 9 constantly trying to get away with running in, nicking bottles of white lightening, and running out again, I know exactly how shit customers are.

Last edited by meglamaniac; 26 Nov 2004 at 00:48.
meglamaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Nov 2004, 00:59   #35
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
I've been a right bastard plenty of times to the guys in electrical retail shops like Currys, because them trying to shove worthless "coverplans" down my throat annoys the living hell out of me.
BASTARD. I worked in Nottingham Currys for 2 years. Why couldn't you just be civil

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Nov 2004, 09:32   #36
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

Because my product is already covered by a manufacturer's warrenty and I don't want to spend £50 on a worthless peice of paper
Unread 26 Nov 2004, 11:30   #37
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Because my product is already covered by a manufacturer's warrenty and I don't want to spend £50 on a worthless peice of paper
Only covered for 1 year under manufacturers (sometimes 2) and only for parts and labour.
Accidental damage? Theft? In-store repair? Being Ass-licked by the management because they don't want to lose the custom of someone who buys coverplan? IT'S WORTH IT*
Of course - it all depends what you're buying and how much it costs to cover it. Things like digital cameras/camcorders and dysons tend to be the best things to get covered.

There was an amazing statistic about how many customers don't buy it in the shop but when they get a letter through the post offering it to them they take it then. For a much more than it was being offered in the shop! it was about 50% or something stupid.

Anyway - still doesn't stop you being civil

*actually in most cases it isn't but a tip is to pretend to be considering it and then watch the salesperson offer you massive discounts in order for you to buy it.

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Nov 2004, 11:35   #38
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

Mneh.
The only coverplan I've ever bought was for a cheap-as-crap epson printer, and that was because I was ill and didn't have the will to argue longer than the 5 minutes I'd already been arguing with the peon who was trying to sell me the coverplan.
The printer is now starting to break because its had dodgy cloned ink cartridges in it. I'm considering buying a proper epson black and colour cartridge so it looks like i've been a good boy then trying to get a replacement. Revenge for my one lapse will be mine!
Unread 26 Nov 2004, 12:02   #39
MeridianStar
Para Keet

MeridianStar is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Mneh.
The only coverplan I've ever bought was for a cheap-as-crap epson printer, and that was because I was ill and didn't have the will to argue longer than the 5 minutes I'd already been arguing with the peon who was trying to sell me the coverplan.
The printer is now starting to break because its had dodgy cloned ink cartridges in it. I'm considering buying a proper epson black and colour cartridge so it looks like i've been a good boy then trying to get a replacement. Revenge for my one lapse will be mine!
If it's under a year old it'll still be covered by Epson's warranty. You can go to a little chat room on their site, explain the problems, and if they can't fix it, they'll send you a replacement the next working day.

Back on topic though - a couple of weeks ago a guest at the hotel I work at insisted that I hadn't given him his credit card back upon his arrival (we take an imprint of cards so that people won't walk off without paying room bills, naturally). He was insistent that I had taken it and wanted to speak to the duty manager as, clearly, I was a thief. I work on reception that is covered by two CCTV cameras. The manager dragged out the CCTV tape from his arrival (our system shows the time to the second a guest is checked in) that, lo and behold showed, from two angles, me handing him his card back. He was shown the footage and he still wouldn't believe it. The police were called, saw the tape, and dismissed the guest as a complete time-waster.

The moral here is that the accusers will get away with being the tossers that they are. I would have loved to have taken it further and have accused him of defamation. It's a pain in the ass but as long as you, your colleagues and managers know you're in the right then you've no reason to feel guilty.
[23:46] <Theamion> i still love you tho
[23:47] <Theamion> you mad scottish bint
MeridianStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Nov 2004, 12:05   #40
MeridianStar
Para Keet

MeridianStar is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh and out of curiosity, is there not some sort of procedure in place that the customer initials a receipt to say they've received the cash back? If not then there should be!
[23:46] <Theamion> i still love you tho
[23:47] <Theamion> you mad scottish bint
MeridianStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Nov 2004, 12:09   #41
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

there hasnt been for me when i've got cashback :\
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 26 Nov 2004, 14:26   #42
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

You initial a receipt to say you want the cashback (and that you've authorised it). You don't sign _after_ you've got the cash, generally you get the receipt at the same time as the money.

And while I hate difficult customers I'd say working in cusomter service-type jobs has made me a lot more sympathetic to the poor goits who do it in shops and so I never give them a hard time. If I'm ever in disagreement with someone over the phone (as I was yesterday, when trying to get my Creative MP3 player replaced) I always say "Look, I'm not trying to be difficult - I work in a call-centre myself so I know that you're following procedures, and it's hard dealing with customers but...." and they generally lighten up and try and help you out.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Nov 2004, 08:26   #43
Radical Edward

Quote:
I always say "Look, I'm not trying to be difficult - I work in a call-centre myself so I know that you're following procedures, and it's hard dealing with customers but...." and they generally lighten up and try and help you out.
that is very true. often as soon as they realise that it is not them you are getting shitty with, they bend over backwards.

oh, my comments earlier were more related to who had the liability for the money, not so much as whether the guy actually had the money or not. Quote a few shops have the disclaimer along the lines of "please check your items and change now, as corrections cannot be made later" and if the shop that the OP works in doesn't have this, then get one, because it makes your life a hell of alot easier.

Unread 27 Nov 2004, 11:59   #44
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
And while I hate difficult customers I'd say working in cusomter service-type jobs has made me a lot more sympathetic to the poor goits who do it in shops and so I never give them a hard time. If I'm ever in disagreement with someone over the phone (as I was yesterday, when trying to get my Creative MP3 player replaced) I always say "Look, I'm not trying to be difficult - I work in a call-centre myself so I know that you're following procedures, and it's hard dealing with customers but...." and they generally lighten up and try and help you out.
Yeah, same (although replace call-centre with "a job where I got arsey customers all the time").

I hate it when people I know get all shitty with the poor customer service people. My dad does it sometimes, and I just try to do my best "I'm sorry" look to whoever he's talking to.
Unread 27 Nov 2004, 12:07   #45
Kumnaa
Unreregistered User

Kumnaa is infamous around these parts

A wise man once told me

Quote:
Everywhere you go, shit.
Everybody you meet, wankers.
Unread 27 Nov 2004, 21:38   #46
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

A famous proverb: "The customer's always right"

Maybe not in this case.
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Nov 2004, 00:19   #47
deerbarn
Anal Crumb

I take this thread and raise it. Just had an utter **** bringing ina sealed San andreas for ps2. I thought he looked like a smack head so opened the shrinkrap to find it was infact a badly scratched copy of gta 2. Refund refused.

Ten mins later we get a bloke coming in with an empty ps2 case saying we hadnt filled it. Twat. Gets kicked out shortly after we check on camera.

End of night when doing the pod lifts we lose a pod. Hohoho. Signed off against my name as well \0/
Unread 28 Nov 2004, 02:59   #48
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: ffs i cannot be dealing with this shit

Pin him down and bugger him with a broom handle. In front of his wife/girlfriend/mother.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Nov 2004, 13:27   #49
A2
#planetarion

A2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Manson
In front of his wife/girlfriend/mother.
All of whom may possibly be the same person.
Unread 28 Nov 2004, 13:47   #50
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
(as I was yesterday, when trying to get my Creative MP3 player replaced)
out of interest, what kind of creative mp3 player and what was the problem?