User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 31 Oct 2004, 19:02   #1
nickhall
Naked & Profane

nickhall is an unknown quantity at this point
irc question

Hi sorry not sure where this should go so as i think it will get most ppl seeing it here.

i know that one of the netgamers irc servers runs through port 80 but does anyone know which one it is?

thanks in advance, Sorry mods if this is the wrong place.
nickhall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Oct 2004, 19:05   #2
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome
Treasure Diver Champion, Alien Commander Champion, Magic Ball Champion

Apothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so little
Re: irc question

All three scan it, none of them use it.

(Firefly uses 8080, tho).
Unread 31 Oct 2004, 19:07   #3
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome

Apothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so little

I like your avatar.
Unread 31 Oct 2004, 19:09   #4
A2
#planetarion

A2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud of

servers are:
firefly.no.eu.netgamers.org
london.uk.eu.netgamers.org
andromeda.fl.us.netgamers.org

As Apothos said, firefly allows connections on port 8080, which is commonly allowed through firewalls.
Unread 31 Oct 2004, 19:11   #5
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome

They should rename 'London' to 'BattlestarGalactica' or 'Crusade' or something. It just looks like the odd one out, atm.
Unread 31 Oct 2004, 19:47   #6
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A2
servers are:
firefly.no.eu.netgamers.org
london.uk.eu.netgamers.org
andromeda.fl.us.netgamers.org

As Apothos said, firefly allows connections on port 8080, which is commonly allowed through firewalls.
Still doesn't get through the Cardiff Uni firewall
Unread 31 Oct 2004, 21:08   #7
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place

Weird, I have never had any problem getting onto irc in Cardiff uni. I just used London and port 8000 and it always works.
Unread 1 Nov 2004, 03:40   #8
furball

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by midge5
Weird, I have never had any problem getting onto irc in Cardiff uni. I just used London and port 8000 and it always works.
No luck for me gay gay gay.

liquid was shit too, no phone reception either.
Unread 1 Nov 2004, 13:54   #9
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonentity
No luck for me gay gay gay.

liquid was shit too, no phone reception either.

Well I suppose if your desperate enough you can always pop across the road to the Julian Hodge Centre and use theirs as I know its possible to get on there.
Unread 1 Nov 2004, 16:38   #10
furball

www.mouselike.org solves all my problems, even if I can't use scripts!