User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 14 Oct 2004, 23:13   #1
barney
Ex-Visionary

barney is a jewel in the roughbarney is a jewel in the roughbarney is a jewel in the rough
Unhappy shuffle now:(

I am not trying to sound negative but our gal has got some really good actives this round (for a change) and we have been trying to upgrade 2 of their accounts because they have not got credit cards. isnt it a little too short notice to arrange this, I appreciate the idea (personally i applaud the guys on a good solution) but a little more time, or some sort of opt out being built into the system to enable some of the active randoms more time to get their accounts upgraded.

Not really a criticism i don't think, but i will be really dissapointed if we loose these randoms that we have educated, trained and looked after. and i am fairly sure they will be disappointed to loose us too
r11 NoS (16:9:10)
r12 VsN (22:2:1)
r13 VsN BC (10:10:10) - R.I.P.
r14 xVx Head BC (2:8:3)
barney is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Oct 2004, 23:24   #2
madman2k30
Banned

madman2k30 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: shuffle now:(

i say atleast give the randoms till the 25th to upgrade then you can shuffle for all i care im in a really active gal for the 1st time too please dont do this too us
madman2k30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Oct 2004, 23:27   #3
barney
Ex-Visionary

barney is a jewel in the roughbarney is a jewel in the roughbarney is a jewel in the rough

by the way is it friday 1800 or tick 72?? im sure tick 72 is on saturday nite sometime tick 72 sounds more reasonable (at least i hope it is tick 72?)
r11 NoS (16:9:10)
r12 VsN (22:2:1)
r13 VsN BC (10:10:10) - R.I.P.
r14 xVx Head BC (2:8:3)
barney is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Oct 2004, 23:50   #4
madman2k30
Banned

madman2k30 is an unknown quantity at this point

i know but the 25th is a more resonable date for notice
madman2k30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Oct 2004, 00:30   #5
A2
#planetarion

A2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by barney
by the way is it friday 1800 or tick 72?? im sure tick 72 is on saturday nite sometime tick 72 sounds more reasonable (at least i hope it is tick 72?)
I know I know - I typed in the wrong day.
Tick 72 is on Saturday evening, not Friday and the announcements have now been updated to reflect this.
Unread 15 Oct 2004, 11:41   #6
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Gio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond repute

How about giving the GC or some minister the option to mark free planets as unmoveable, so that they don't get shuffled. I know some gals which are sorting the payment for their free accounts, and it would suck if those planets were shuffled before they get upgraded.
Unread 15 Oct 2004, 12:36   #7
Pinkerton
doo doo dah

Pinkerton can only hope to improve
Before protection ends

Can we at least do it before the 76 tick.

So we can get to know our galaxy neighbors and make plans before protection ends
Pinkerton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Oct 2004, 14:27   #8
mist
Jolt's best friend

mist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to all

allowing the GC to mark those who they don't move would defeat the whole purpose of the shuffle. tbh, not shuffling the paid randoms isn't a great thing, but was decided to be neccessary

being as there's people saying they want the date moving forwards, and people saying it wants moving back i can't see it being moved :P

-mist
Unread 16 Oct 2004, 23:28   #9
Ferretus
ARS HQ

Ferretus has a little shameless behaviour in the past

The point of protection is to allow 72ticks to get to know your galaxy, exiel the crap and get to know the cluster. Now we gotta start all over again and no longer be under protection. Pretty bad planning and timing if yu ask me. Just stop the ticker and allow everyone to organise themselves a bit or better still restart. Drastic measure perhaps but this has been once big cock up.

Please bear in mind that much of what I say is intended to cause discussion. It may not reflect my personal favouritism or even have any involvement with my situation. In short bitching at me is pointless, so discuss the idea :-)
Ferretus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2004, 23:58   #10
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferretus
The point of protection is to allow 72ticks to get to know your galaxy.
Not really. But i can see your point though.
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote