User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 12 Sep 2004, 00:42   #1
MAdnRisKy
home wrecker

MAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to behold
Paging rids to mobile phone question

Yes I know another one of "those" threads.

Situation, left the uk about 1 yr ago to go to New Zealand, was on an orange everyday 50 contract. cancelled the contract before I left was using a nokia 3330 which I gave to my sister who broke it, hence I;m back on my crappy 3210 which is now out of credit (and it was a NZ sim)

Question 1 : is it in anyway possible to get my old orange number back? (expecting a no, but can't hurt to ask)

Question 2 : I use a lot of texts, some call and would need to be cross network, who is the best provider

Question 3 : which phone ? (req. camera, has to be a flippy top one! colour, and pref mp3 player built in - couple of options would be nice, some with some without the mp3) needs to be reliable and easy enough for a complete muppet to use

Eternally greatful oh mastah of mobile phones

MAd

Oh yes budget is about £30 a month (ie taking the free phone option although if it required a premiun to get a good phone, and didn't lock me into an over priced for my needs contract i'd consider)

#pr0nstars - a pimp is for life, not just for christmas
MAdnRisKy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Sep 2004, 01:15   #2
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: Paging rids to mobile phone question

1. Probably not, if it was with us, the answer would be no ****ing chance, not sure about Orange so it cant hurt to ask.

2. O2, I use them, £30 a month gets me 200 minutes anytime any network, 500 text, same deal on Voda would cost you about £55, although Oranage are doing a pretty nice deal at the moment, 500 minutes, 1000 text for £50.

3. Flip top camera phone with mp3 - only one that I personally know of is the Sharp GX30 which is a Vodafone only product, I could be wrong about this, but nothing comes to mind. Nice small camera phones, Samsung, either E700, E800. There is also some new Nokia flip phones coming out which look pretty sweet, but they wont be touching down for a while. Avoid the Sony Ericsson flip phones, they are unbelievably shit.
Unread 12 Sep 2004, 01:16   #3
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve

You work for Orange now Rids?

I've been with them on Pay-As-You-Go for several years now - don't suppose there's any special benefits I am entitled to?
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Sep 2004, 01:17   #4
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society

I work for Vodafone still.
Unread 12 Sep 2004, 01:35   #5
A2
#planetarion

A2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Androme2
You work for Orange now Rids?

I've been with them on Pay-As-You-Go for several years now - don't suppose there's any special benefits I am entitled to?
If you're on Orange payg you should have signed up for their reserve-calls-thiungummy for £15 a couple of years ago before they changed the rules (£15 used to be 5 free SMS/day and £5 free credit, + the emergency 1 min reserve call if you were out of credit)
Unread 12 Sep 2004, 01:58   #6
starbreeze

starbreeze is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAdnRisKy
Question 3 : which phone ? (req. camera, has to be a flippy top one! colour, and pref mp3 player built in - couple of options would be nice, some with some without the mp3) needs to be reliable and easy enough for a complete muppet to use

motorolla v600
Unread 12 Sep 2004, 02:46   #7
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

Why you need stuff like camera and mp3?
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Sep 2004, 09:13   #8
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Smudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond repute

cuz hes l33t
[14:53:26] * Keiz`afk has joined #support
[14:53:36] <Keiz`afk> THE SMUDGE CHEERLEADING TEAM HAS ARRIVED
Smudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Sep 2004, 18:37   #9
deerbarn
Anal Crumb

deerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to behold

Dont touch the v600 with a barge pole, or anything else for that matter. Mine is shit as a shit that went for a shit (reliability wise) Apart from that its only got 5mb onboard memory which makes for a fairly poo mp3 player.
Unread 12 Sep 2004, 18:38   #10
MAdnRisKy
home wrecker

MAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to behold

tbh camera isn't essential niether is the mp3, but both would be fun, cheers Rids I'll look into the o2 effort, is there a half and half, lots seem to offer 500 mins 100 texts or 500 texts 100 mins, is there a 250 250 option anywhere?

mp3 is to save me carrying two items around...

Unread 12 Sep 2004, 19:44   #11
Rids
The Bad Guy

Vodafone has got a 200 minute, 250 text thing for £30 a month... might as well get the O2 offer, same thing, more text.
Unread 12 Sep 2004, 21:01   #12
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Does anyone know of a phone which has fairly decent calendar type system? Do any of the phones synch with Outlook? I don't care about cameras or mp3 players or whatever.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Sep 2004, 22:29   #13
Rids
The Bad Guy

There are phones around with outfkingstanding calender systems, and phones which sync with outlook, and phones that do both.

I'm personally hanging on for the P910i, due for release in but a few short weeks. Its a PDA and phone all in one, syncs with everything, and supports Push email similar to blackberry, as well as Java applications, MSN messenger on your mobile anybody?

Failing that, ie, it being too fking expensive, something like the K700i, or Nokia 6230 will do what you request. Good idea to pop into a shop and ask to take a look at them. Watch out on the Nokia though, they're being absolute shits and only sync if you use the official £50 cable.
Unread 12 Sep 2004, 22:36   #14
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

I used to have a Samsung e700 - got rid immediately, it was terrible. The camera was good for its time but you could do nothing with them except look at them and send them via MMS

Now I have a Sony Ericsson k700i, top quality phone \o/ or that nokia 3230 (?) looks damn sexy

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Sep 2004, 00:03   #15
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

I would go for something reliable, the more functions > the more ****ups.
oh well, Im not 16 either :\
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Sep 2004, 12:13   #16
Little Timmy
Winker

Little Timmy will become famous soon enoughLittle Timmy will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rids
There are phones around with outfkingstanding calender systems, and phones which sync with outlook, and phones that do both.

I'm personally hanging on for the P910i, due for release in but a few short weeks. Its a PDA and phone all in one, syncs with everything, and supports Push email similar to blackberry, as well as Java applications, MSN messenger on your mobile anybody?

Failing that, ie, it being too fking expensive, something like the K700i, or Nokia 6230 will do what you request. Good idea to pop into a shop and ask to take a look at them. Watch out on the Nokia though, they're being absolute shits and only sync if you use the official £50 cable.

Or you could wait a few weeks for the new Blackberry 7100v (Charm) will be out mid October.

Yeah so what Im an Original Pr0nstar

some of us have serious jobs
Little Timmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Sep 2004, 00:58   #17
MAdnRisKy
home wrecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.K Zhukov
I would go for something reliable, the more functions > the more ****ups.
oh well, Im not 16 either :\
and niether am I as you well know :P

but If I;m going to bother getting a new phone instead of a payg sim and using what i have, it may as well have all the whistles and bells (within reason)

Unread 14 Sep 2004, 01:22   #18
Rids
The Bad Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Timmy
Or you could wait a few weeks for the new Blackberry 7100v (Charm) will be out mid October.
Ok, having just looked at that.

I'm now torn between the P910i and the Blackberry

Bastage

Any experience playing with either - I know you head office blokes get all the nice toys before we do.