User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 3 Aug 2004, 21:55   #1
Precursors

Precursors is an unknown quantity at this point
congrats 1up

I played the Beta as Xan and there was no "Construction: 2 ticks faster " for the race
then round 11 started and ,oops, it was right there in the manual
I dunno if it is actually in the game or not (as I am not Xan now), but changing a race's properties like that without announcing is lame

low eta attack/def fleets, no scannable fleets, total advantage over 41% of the universe makes Xan too ridiculously powerful. 90% of 1up picking Xans is just a result of how clever these people are and how gullible fools the rest of us are, right?

I wasn't gonna write in AD but can anyone say they're really having fun with the current gap bitween #1 and #2 alliance? How can someone have fun when you turn into a Xans' farm just halfway thru the round?
Why is PA team trying to change the focus with banner contests and missionrisk leagues and jolt meetings etc when they should focus on players' concerns? Does it make it right when all 1up members post in the boards nonstop about whatever suits them right? Playing and winning is one thing, getting lame is another. PA is one game I won't consider playing ever again as it seems to get corrupted more and more, with the players, and with the admin team.
I am boycotting the round and going into vacation mode. I would invite everyone to go into vacation mode (as we are already, except being constantly attacked) and let 1up celebrate their "hard-earned" victory in an empty & inactive universe.

congrats 1up
Precursors is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Aug 2004, 21:57   #2
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little
Re: congrats 1up

OK. Thanks for informing me on this important matter.
SilverSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Aug 2004, 22:20   #3
General Martok
used to register

General Martok has a spectacular aura aboutGeneral Martok has a spectacular aura about

Ow shut up your stupid crusade against 1up. As I told soemwhere before, according to my data about 60% of 1up is xan, and that not more than the other mayor alliances. Got to love races in planet dumps

edit: looked it up and I came around 60% xan planets. Smart ppl Stats were public before tickstart so you cannot say anything about it, they picked the best race, sue them
R1: ??:?? | R2: 51:6 | R3: 37:12 | R4: 186:13 | R5: 13:17 | R6: 1:25
R7: 15:14 | R8: 34:4 / 52:10 ¤ | R9: 16:2 | R9.5: 34:6 / 41:6 ¤
R10: 2:2 | R10.5: 15:4 | R11: 28:8 | R12: 22:9

Damn, outdated and too lazy to edit, retired now
-----
Started playing again Still too lazy to update though

Last edited by General Martok; 3 Aug 2004 at 22:30.
General Martok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Aug 2004, 22:55   #4
jvg
legion pe0n

jvg is an unknown quantity at this point

well guess they were too smart :P
also they did a gr8t politics job i cant blame em too much for taking this round tbh
they did their research. + they had a gr8t spy in Fang

<Azuth> I've done alot of Crazy things for PA
<Azuth> Telling a nekkid girl I can't stay over anyway as I have to go home and save my gal is right up there with spraining my foot with my bare hands to up my activity
jvg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Aug 2004, 23:11   #5
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing personal Precursors, but if you and your bunch didn't mass leave FAnG then that might have been one more potential opposition against 1up.

Nonetheless, I think they deserved their victory very much (no sarcasm).

Putting spies in FAnG, aka #10 alliances is really an achievement, nonetheless well done

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Aug 2004, 23:28   #6
Precursors

and how would that be Keldoran? Hitting top 1up galaxies with huge losses like we did, leaving us defenceless? I am not comparing Fang to LCH but LCH is such a nice alliance with lovely bunch of people, as Fang is, but (nothing personal) Fang HC was really short-sighted and had very bad coordination. We were there to make a change but we failed. Though no matter how many sleepless nights you spend, how organized you play as a team this was bound to happen with the game setup, right from the start, meaning 1up Xan army turning us into farms and their players mocking us in forums and with in-game messages. It doesnt matter whether you're Fang, LCH, MISTU, VsN etc, the universe link is to the left, just click it.
I congradulate 1up HC, but some of their players' "quality" , a seen here in these very forums, need no words to describe.
Unread 3 Aug 2004, 23:35   #7
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

well, I know the command was inefficient. I wasn't HC and I was off on vacation so I failed to help out or set things straight aswell

FA Gaming community

Unread 4 Aug 2004, 00:42   #8
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Precursors
and how would that be Keldoran? Hitting top 1up galaxies with huge losses like we did, leaving us defenceless? I am not comparing Fang to LCH but LCH is such a nice alliance with lovely bunch of people, as Fang is, but (nothing personal) Fang HC was really short-sighted and had very bad coordination. We were there to make a change but we failed. Though no matter how many sleepless nights you spend, how organized you play as a team this was bound to happen with the game setup, right from the start, meaning 1up Xan army turning us into farms and their players mocking us in forums and with in-game messages. It doesnt matter whether you're Fang, LCH, MISTU, VsN etc, the universe link is to the left, just click it.
I congradulate 1up HC, but some of their players' "quality" , a seen here in these very forums, need no words to describe.
I see you have yet to understand. Winners never shut up. I mean, who's going to shut up a winner?? A loser? Nah.
Unread 4 Aug 2004, 00:50   #9
Tis
Lost the Fury... :(

Tis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud of

Quote:
some of their players' "quality" , a seen here in these very forums, need no words to describe.
the irony
Tis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Aug 2004, 00:54   #10
mrmao
oh...sexy...

mrmao is a jewel in the roughmrmao is a jewel in the roughmrmao is a jewel in the roughmrmao is a jewel in the rough

well all i have to say is the round isn't over and it's up to the allinces if 1up wins. Surer there good but if we can be better lets be better. If you guys don't try in game and just moan out here your pansy, You appluad ethem but when still playing don't try to bring them down you are a pansy. After all every round starts a new so if you mess up ban no prob just give it another crack and keep going until you are one and have to be brought down by everyone okay.

And that is my idea on 1up, hope you all have a good day
Unread 4 Aug 2004, 00:57   #11
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tis
the irony
nonetheless he speaks great truth Tis, your alliance's PA board rep is crap, nothing more nothing less. Only a select few of your posters (mainly the HC) are decent to good posters, rest are just trolls.

FA Gaming community

Unread 4 Aug 2004, 01:01   #12
Treveler
Its time to roll the dice

Treveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant future

Its always fun to see ppl like this fellow go loco on AD when they lose a few roids. Instead of fighting back, they make a fool of themselves on the forum. Its fun the first time, and maybe the second, but it has lost its edge now.

Imo bad losers are much worse then bad winners, and that is where the irony in this thread can be found! :-)

Last edited by Treveler; 4 Aug 2004 at 01:06.
Treveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Aug 2004, 01:11   #13
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

giving up is the proverbial LOSE
Unread 4 Aug 2004, 01:25   #14
Precursors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treveler
Its always fun to see ppl like this fellow go loco on AD when they lose a few roids. Instead of fighting back, they make a fool of themselves on the forum. Its fun the first time, and maybe the second, but it has lost its edge now.

Imo bad losers are much worse then bad winners, and that is where the irony in this thread can be found! :-)

exhibit A
they are identified so easily
Unread 4 Aug 2004, 01:35   #15
Chika

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
nonetheless he speaks great truth Tis, your alliance's PA board rep is crap, nothing more nothing less. Only a select few of your posters (mainly the HC) are decent to good posters, rest are just trolls.
Its a curse. FAnG carried the "worst posters" Torch last round, and people who won before them complained about it. Now 1up carry the "worst posters" torch, and guess what, people who won before them and were in this same position are complaining about it. It's a cycle. i don't see how people can act like its so new and foreign. The same things were said to FAnG, ELY, Eclipse, LDK, everyone. The difference is that 1up is now, and everyone else is the past. Plus 1up has like a lot of popular peeps, so that just makes it worse in a way.
Unread 4 Aug 2004, 01:41   #16
Chika

Quote:
exhibit A
they are identified so easily
Dude, in all honesty you did come off as a sore loser. From what I heard you and some others left FAnG for LCH. Now, I can understand your sore loser position a bit. I mean, you were getting pwned in FAng, so you made a strategical move to get out of there, then you got pwned again. You think you are a good player, so you have to blame someone besides yourself for your own sucking. Thing is if your move to LCH would have been a good one, we would not have heard anything from you. There is a fine line between sucking and 1337ness. You probably were a decent player, but after this post, say hello to the "You suck" side. Because guess what?...... You suck.
Unread 4 Aug 2004, 01:43   #17
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chika
Its a curse. FAnG carried the "worst posters" Torch last round, and people who won before them complained about it. Now 1up carry the "worst posters" torch, and guess what, people who won before them and were in this same position are complaining about it. It's a cycle. i don't see how people can act like its so new and foreign. The same things were said to FAnG, ELY, Eclipse, LDK, everyone. The difference is that 1up is now, and everyone else is the past. Plus 1up has like a lot of popular peeps, so that just makes it worse in a way.
Well I very well know what a shit rep we made the past few rounds on AD. But one thing I can claim is that I personally never make posts just to insult another player or to provoke an alliance. Imo that's just sad.

I know I'm not the most fair poster and that I make alot of controversial posts and most probably too harsh or too impulsive, but I atleast know I'm not gonna browse these boards to find a thread where I can insult pple in.

Sadly 1up got quite a few of such posters, then again that's how I see it, doesn't mean you have to agree with it.

FA Gaming community

Unread 4 Aug 2004, 01:45   #18
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
LDK never had a bad posting rep, they had a bad cheating rep.
Conspiracy Theory, Wrath, 1up, ICD, Eclipse
K-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Aug 2004, 01:49   #19
Chika

Quote:
Well I very well know what a shit rep we made the past few rounds on AD. But one thing I can claim is that I personally never make posts just to insult another player or to provoke an alliance. Imo that's just sad.

I know I'm not the most fair poster and that I make alot of controversial posts and most probably too harsh or too impulsive, but I atleast know I'm not gonna browse these boards to find a thread where I can insult pple in.

Sadly 1up got quite a few of such posters, then again that's how I see it, doesn't mean you have to agree with it.
Actually, I understand what you are saying. There is a difference between a bad post, and an a bash post. when I was 1up I did try to inslt people. i am not normally like that. What ticked me off was that everyone was acting so lame and weak and crying and complaining. Thats what triggered me, so that may have triggered everyone else also. Now, I just found a way to blame everyone else for me being verbally abusive. Wow.
Unread 4 Aug 2004, 01:50   #20
Chika

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-W
LDK never had a bad posting rep, they had a bad cheating rep.
Idd. I stand corrected. Thank you.
Unread 4 Aug 2004, 01:52   #21
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Actually, I understand what you are saying. There is a difference between a bad post, and an a bash post. when I was 1up I did try to inslt people. i am not normally like that. What ticked me off was that everyone was acting so lame and weak and crying and complaining. Thats what triggered me, so that may have triggered everyone else also. Now, I just found a way to blame everyone else for me being verbally abusive. Wow.
most of the pple I mean DID play last rounds and were in other alliances. Some think they suddenly are famous because their alliances looks like a celebs meeting (no offense)

FA Gaming community

Unread 4 Aug 2004, 01:59   #22
Treveler

Treveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant future

What is the link between being abusive and being celeb/famous?
Unread 4 Aug 2004, 02:01   #23
Chika

Quote:
most of the pple I mean DID play last rounds and were in other alliances. Some think they suddenly are famous because their alliances looks like a celebs meeting (no offense)
Hahahaha, you do idd have a point. I do see a lot of ELY for example, suddenly acting like these great all-time dudes. I even had a few people try to tell me how to do things. I was thinking, "hey, you are freshly pwned, who the **** are you to tell me anything?" i just kept my mouth shut. But for the record, once a loser, always a loser.
Unread 4 Aug 2004, 05:27   #24
Morden
The Face Of Evil

Morden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Indeed, but to be honest what the hell do people expect?

The only thing people gain when they win at this game is an "I owe you a T-Shirt, which probably wont ever arrive" from Spinner and fk all else.

So why shouldnt the winners gloat over people who have spent months of hard work and sleepless nights, only to lose.

'Gloating Rights' is one of the only reasons people still play this game, I mean fs its not like they cant find something better to do, or someone to keep them up all night. its the challenge and knowledge that they can wind up all your other muppets who dont sleep very much ;-)

Besides, if you dont like it, then go play a single player game, and hope to hell the game designers werent feeling cocky and added a little "OMFG U SUCK HAMSTER BALLS" to the defeat screen.

Anyways im off on holiday. Enjoy the gloating And Enjoy the whinasses.

On a final note, the difference between a winner and a loser here is the letter 'H' deal with it and stop acting like fkin morons.
Unread 4 Aug 2004, 06:32   #25
Gerbie
pe0n

Gerbie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I played the Beta as Xan and there was no "Construction: 2 ticks faster " for the race
I dunno if it is actually in the game or not (as I am not Xan now), but changing a race's properties like that without announcing is lame
wtf

I only saw this after you posted this. :/
When was this changed, and why didn't anyone tell me?
round 7 noob: rank 6.198 25:20:25 - VoC member
round 8 noob: rank 4.112 7:2:3 - TFD member
round 9 rank 941 23:1:9 - TFD HC
round 9.5 rank 860 22:7:3 - TFD HC
round 10: rank unknown (was #1 for a while) 5:2:5 - Vengeance pe0n
round 10.5: rank 683 19:10:2 - VGN member
round 11: rank 138 8:8:4 - VsN member
round 12: rank 515 - VGN 'special attack officer' -> jumped ship to Rock
round 13: rank 85: NoS
Gerbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Aug 2004, 08:13   #26
Cayl

Cayl has a spectacular aura aboutCayl has a spectacular aura about

Oh another "My alliance was crap, so I bailed out and where I ended up was even more crap, and its the winner's fault for not losing" thread.

We tried winning without blocking, and still people whine... maybe next round we'll try winning with only 50 people and see if we still catch hell for oppressing the muppets.
Unread 4 Aug 2004, 09:01   #27
A2
#planetarion

A2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerbie
wtf

I only saw this after you posted this. :/
When was this changed, and why didn't anyone tell me?
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Planetarion Manual (races page)
There are four races in Planetarion, these being Terran, Cathaar, Xandathrii, and Zikonian.
Each race has its own advantages, and disadvantages, and its own set of Ship Stats.

Terran

Construction: 2 ticks faster
Production: 1 tick faster

Cathaar

Construction: 1 tick slower
Research: 10% faster
Covert Ops: higher max-stealth and stealth growth
Ships EMP enemies instead of destroying them.

Xandathrii

Construction: 2 ticks faster
Research: 10% slower
Production: 1 tick faster
Ships are cloaked , but have extremely poor armour and powerful weapons.

Zikonian

Production: 2 ticks faster
Covert Ops: higher max-stealth and stealth growth
Can subvert enemy ships and use them against them
I'm also 95% certain that these haven't changed since they were first implemented in r10, and would therefore have been in r10.5 and all the betas.
Unread 4 Aug 2004, 09:49   #28
Seth Mace
Down Boy - WOOF!

Seth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of light

Omg, A2 in 1up Propaganda Shocker!!;P
R5: [HR] - [DuH] Triad with [BD] & [UV]
R6: [HR] - [HyB] Alliance with [BD]
R7, R8, R9, R9.5: Nos Wing [HR]
R10: [HR]
R10.5: [HR] - [FYTFO] Alliance with ]LCH[
R11, R12, R13, R15, R16, R17: [HR]
Seth Mace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Aug 2004, 11:09   #29
BoredOfThis
Still Dreadnought

BoredOfThis is an unknown quantity at this point

Precursors needs to get out more :\
BoredOfThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Aug 2004, 11:13   #30
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
I think every normal person would see the obvious link. As a celeb you think you can afford more, you're better then the rest and you feel superior (not all but alot celebs do). Then the next step to SHOWING you think you're better aka for instance being abusive is a very little step.

to Chika, idd, those pple + a few of other alliances

FA Gaming community

Unread 4 Aug 2004, 11:17   #31
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayl
Oh another "My alliance was crap, so I bailed out and where I ended up was even more crap, and its the winner's fault for not losing" thread.

We tried winning without blocking, and still people whine... maybe next round we'll try winning with only 50 people and see if we still catch hell for oppressing the muppets.
It's idd sad to whine about a lost round, better just forget it and move on. You played if fair and square and beat the opposition, I don't think it can get much more simple.

FA Gaming community

Unread 4 Aug 2004, 12:25   #32
Treveler

Quote:
I think every normal person would see the obvious link. As a celeb you think you can afford more, you're better then the rest and you feel superior (not all but alot celebs do). Then the next step to SHOWING you think you're better aka for instance being abusive is a very little step.

to Chika, idd, those pple + a few of other alliances
Hehe, I seriously doubt that ppl who applied and joined 1up suddenly felt like some famous superstars and therefor felt they had the right to be abusive on AD.
Unread 4 Aug 2004, 14:23   #33
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:

low eta attack/def fleets, no scannable fleets, total advantage over 41% of the universe makes Xan too ridiculously powerful. 90% of 1up picking Xans is just a result of how clever these people are and how gullible fools the rest of us are, right?

I wasn't gonna write in AD but can anyone say they're really having fun with the current gap bitween #1 and #2 alliance? How can someone have fun when you turn into a Xans' farm just halfway thru the round?
Why is PA team trying to change the focus with banner contests and missionrisk leagues and jolt meetings etc when they should focus on players' concerns? Does it make it right when all 1up members post in the boards nonstop about whatever suits them right? Playing and winning is one thing, getting lame is another. PA is one game I won't consider playing ever again as it seems to get corrupted more and more, with the players, and with the admin team.
I am boycotting the round and going into vacation mode. I would invite everyone to go into vacation mode (as we are already, except being constantly attacked) and let 1up celebrate their "hard-earned" victory in an empty & inactive universe.

congrats 1up

I am not 110% sure, but doesnt Terran have the ability to raid with a CO fleet?

What made you not go Xan in the real round ?

Xans only pwn terrans. The biggest representative in the universe.

Why did so many people choose Terran over xan ?

Quote:
I would invite everyone to go into vacation mode (as we are already, except being constantly attacked) and let 1up celebrate their "hard-earned" victory in an empty & inactive universe
So in your eyes, tossing in the towell and trying to drag as many as you can with you is not considered a "lame" approach to a problem ?

What is it about 1up's standing atm that has not been a "hard-earned" victory. Do you even know what you are talking about or are you just asuming that 1up never got heavy incomings ?

I am sure that you represent the players needs, so why dont we simply vote you, Precursors, the spokesman of everyone who gets incomings in PA and feels it just isnt fair.

And last: What did you hope to accomplish with this thread? to me it seems merely like the result of a dream shattered in the red flare of "12593 HOSTILE SHIPS INCOMMING".

1up seems to have 99 planets atm. why dont you apply so we can get a person who knows his agenda.
Unread 4 Aug 2004, 16:27   #34
Dinobot
Former [1up] Hustler

Dinobot is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

:\

"Those of us who are truly brave, will never live in fear."
Dwayne Johnson

Loved the extra life with [1up]
Honoured to have walked the dark path with Eclipse,
Proud to have been Xanadu,
But my heart will always be with Ministry
Dinobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Aug 2004, 17:00   #35
Morphose
Old Man

Morphose is an unknown quantity at this point

I have watched the 1up actions for the entire round, and know who some of the people in 1up. I have to say that the 1up crew is top notch and the kind of people who have an innate ability to make it to the top of PA in any round. If you think about it, Sid did the best thing for an alliance in PA to do, he recruited the best, brightest, and most active, didn't block with other alliances, and made no special treatments anywhere.

I have the most respect for Sid. I watched him play in earlier rounds and actually cheered for FURY, because of how well he kept everything organized, even though I myself was in Legion at the time. I have been bashed several times this round and still have the balls to come back and say, "Screw you, I'm coming back stronger!" I think it is very weak for someone to complain about being hit, it's what this game is about.

Oh, and BTW, why go into vacation mode? go ahead and delete your planet if you're having such a bad time playing PA with 1up in the #1 position.

on the edited note; I'm not in 1up, and my alliance is top 10, so I'm not trying to kiss @$$

Alliances include; HMA, Legion, NOS, Elysium, Myth, ROCK, and ODDR

I'm playing because its cheaper than drugs
Morphose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Aug 2004, 17:16   #36
Jackal2112

Jackal2112 is infamous around these partsJackal2112 is infamous around these parts

theres good and theres bad losers
Unread 4 Aug 2004, 17:36   #37
Cayl

Cayl has a spectacular aura aboutCayl has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphose
Oh, and BTW, why go into vacation mode? go ahead and delete your planet if you're having such a bad time playing PA with 1up in the #1 position.
They've tried, but were disappointed to find the delete button missing this round
Unread 4 Aug 2004, 17:59   #38
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphose
he recruited the best, brightest, and most active, didn't block with other alliances, and made no special treatments anywhere.
no, you mean the most active most dedicated individuals. Being good in a text based game is NOT a skill nor something you inherit from your parents.

FA Gaming community

Unread 4 Aug 2004, 20:39   #39
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
no, you mean the most active most dedicated individuals. Being good in a text based game is NOT a skill nor something you inherit from your parents.
Beeing good "in the game" does not recquire any skills, I agree to that.

But beeing good "outside the game", ie in setting up attacks, handling politics, having the best inteligence to base your descions on, organizing cluster/para alliances, etc etc, all evolves around skill.
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Aug 2004, 20:45   #40
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.K Zhukov
Beeing good "in the game" does not recquire any skills, I agree to that.

But beeing good "outside the game", ie in setting up attacks, handling politics, having the best inteligence to base your descions on, organizing cluster/para alliances, etc etc, all evolves around skill.

i would also add activity here. Someone who is maybe brilliant but only 1h online per day will have a clear disadvantage over someone who is mentally only average but 18h per day online.

Last but not least luck is the decisive factor which runs pa and always has been.
Does the tgt get defence in the last minute, does his fleet return does he run etc etc.
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Razorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Aug 2004, 20:50   #41
Legator
Pr0nstar

Legator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

congrats 1up

omg, get a life loser......ithe amount of bad threads gets higher and higher, and yours precursors is just the bottom of the shoe .....
Honoured to have been [1up] Member

VfL Bochum >*
Legator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Aug 2004, 21:28   #42
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all

If you get 0wned in game either stop playing and wait for next round or do something about it and make yourself a nuisance, coming here complaining will do nothing apart from getting yourself trolled/flamed..
Ultores
Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Aug 2004, 21:32   #43
jvg
legion pe0n

jvg is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt
If you get 0wned in game either stop playing and wait for next round or do something about it and make yourself a nuisance, coming here complaining will do nothing apart from getting yourself trolled/flamed..

^^^soo true
also if u cant beat em join em

<Azuth> I've done alot of Crazy things for PA
<Azuth> Telling a nekkid girl I can't stay over anyway as I have to go home and save my gal is right up there with spraining my foot with my bare hands to up my activity
jvg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Aug 2004, 22:27   #44
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorback
i would also add activity here. Someone who is maybe brilliant but only 1h online per day will have a clear disadvantage over someone who is mentally only average but 18h per day online.

Last but not least luck is the decisive factor which runs pa and always has been.
Does the tgt get defence in the last minute, does his fleet return does he run etc etc.
Sure activity is important. I dont think anyone quesions that.

But Ive seen idiots who have been online 24/7, and still didnt do well. Lets face it, this game lives and breaths on IRC. If you not coping with the "social life on IRC", then you wont make any friends, and without friends, you aint lasting long in PA.

Ive stopped years ago to belive that luck is a deciding factor over longer period in any organization/party/group.
Only hardwork, activity, dedication and skills.

Silly me, since its PA: Botmaking, multing, account-sharing, DDoS'ing, hacking.
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release

Last edited by G.K Zhukov; 4 Aug 2004 at 22:33.
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Aug 2004, 23:42   #45
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorback

ya, sometimes it comes down to the fact that the defence call of your planet gets covered while the next one isn't because they don't have that particular defence left or in time etc. I think luck probably is the biggest asset in this game. In this case, the luck of others or bad luck of others.

FA Gaming community

Unread 4 Aug 2004, 23:59   #46
Gerbie
pe0n

Gerbie is an unknown quantity at this point

1up winning doesn't have much to do with luck. It's mainly a matter of skill, knowledge and effort. If 1up attacks another alliance all-out they can't cover it with defence, even if they got lucky.

Another thing is the whining of the losers vs the arrogance of 1up. To me it looks like 1up is making the biggest mistake possible. Never kick down at people that are losing. If a good co-operating block is formed this round, then it is likely to continue to exist next round - to make sure events of this round do not repeat themselves. I don't think that can be 1up's intention. Unless they look for reasons to create a block themselves.
round 7 noob: rank 6.198 25:20:25 - VoC member
round 8 noob: rank 4.112 7:2:3 - TFD member
round 9 rank 941 23:1:9 - TFD HC
round 9.5 rank 860 22:7:3 - TFD HC
round 10: rank unknown (was #1 for a while) 5:2:5 - Vengeance pe0n
round 10.5: rank 683 19:10:2 - VGN member
round 11: rank 138 8:8:4 - VsN member
round 12: rank 515 - VGN 'special attack officer' -> jumped ship to Rock
round 13: rank 85: NoS
Gerbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Aug 2004, 00:31   #47
Axis_WLF

Axis_WLF is an unknown quantity at this point

Vacation mode has worked in the past.
r2 9:23:1 Axis_WLF of Kadan : Blluetuba/Legion
r3 6:24:1 Axis_WLF of kadan : Legion/WolfPack
r4 201:15:1 Octavian of Ostia : Wolfpack
r5 13:6:2 Sun Tzu of Art of War : Legion Command
r6 33:13:?? : Legion Command
r7 15:19:12 Unknown soldier run over by a wagon : Legion Command
R8: 28:8:9 Niccolo Machiavelli of Revera Legatus : TITAN COMMAND BC
R12 ??:??:?? 1up Military Officer
Axis_WLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Aug 2004, 02:34   #48
Chika

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axis_WLF
Vacation mode has worked in the past.
This is pretty lame for someone who has been playing a bit.
Unread 6 Aug 2004, 00:11   #49
[i2k]Xy
Why so serious?

[i2k]Xy is a jewel in the rough[i2k]Xy is a jewel in the rough[i2k]Xy is a jewel in the rough[i2k]Xy is a jewel in the rough

when will lch, vision and mistu join forces? :\

4S

Illuminati
[i2k]Xy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Aug 2004, 11:37   #50
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future

xy they have ages ago and failed.. ask them

funny btw i'm wondering if precursors is in that vac mode gal we bashed 'a bit' yesterday...

90% of 1up is xan??? and still you can't kill us?;P it couldn't get much easier

gerbie i doubt 1up is the one wanting a block... we're the ones that wanted to go WITHOUT blocks remember?

and i guess sid proved his point it IS doable
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote