User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 25 Jul 2004, 21:57   #1
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Cool Going Travelling!

Well, at 6:30am on Wednesday I'm flying out of Luton Airport and 2 hours later landing in Berlin.
From then on I'm Interrailling with a mate until the end of August (well, we're going our seperate ways halfway round so he can see his girlfriend in copenhagen).

My plan is as follows:
2 nights in Berlin then train to Warsaw, one maybe two nights there and then down to Krakow to see the sights there. From then on we'll make it up as we go along, hopefully taking in Prague, Budapest, Bratislava, Vienna and the Croatian coast.

I'm all packed up, my bag weighs a **** load and I haven't packed everything i wanted , but i'm sure the strained back will be worth it...

So, any advice to give me before I go? Any places around Eastern Europe you'd recommend? Know anyone who can put us up for a night or two somewhere? Recommend any hostels around there?

Hopefully I will find Internet cafe's around somewhere so I can update you all on my lovely travels!

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jul 2004, 22:21   #2
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Going Travelling!

Go to Split. My Croatian-with-a-British-passport ex-flatmate went there over the summer for a couple of weeks, he proclaimed it to be both hot and full of sluts, two things that might amuse.

Edit:
Oh, he ate a banana from a hooker's vagina apparently which he described as 'pretty neat' though why he couldn't eat one that came off a tree like a normal person is beyond me

Last edited by pablissimo; 25 Jul 2004 at 22:35.
pablissimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jul 2004, 22:34   #3
Zar
Chief over all Monkeys

Zar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablissimo
Go to Split. My Croatian-with-a-British-passport ex-flatmate went there over the summer for a couple of weeks, he proclaimed it to be both hot and full of sluts, two things that might amuse.
do you go to exeter?
Zar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jul 2004, 22:35   #4
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Czech Republic was nice when I visited. I don't remember a great deal due to the drinking I could suddenly afford from switching from London to Prague prices. But it seemed nice.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jul 2004, 22:35   #5
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Edinburgh.
Unread 25 Jul 2004, 22:38   #6
Zar
Chief over all Monkeys

Zar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant future

Quote:
Edinburgh.
ok nvm, was prob a coincidence. i have a friend who goes to exeter (i dont) but hes croation with brit passport, went to split this summer and always goes on about the sluts
Zar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jul 2004, 22:55   #7
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by idimmu
how much cash are you taking?
£300 travellers cheques.
100 Euros
£20 worth of polish stuff and czech stuff.

Will have my Visa Debit card for anything else...

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Unread 25 Jul 2004, 23:05   #8
A2
#planetarion

A2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud of

If you're going interrailing then don't plan too much and see where you end up - much more fun.
Unread 25 Jul 2004, 23:34   #9
Ste
Bored

yeh thats the plan!
But need a vague idea of places to go...

Unread 25 Jul 2004, 23:41   #10
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: Going Travelling!

Hang the do not disturb sign on your (door) knob when you do not wish to be disturbed. Steal it when you book out.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jul 2004, 00:31   #11
the_dastardley_chihuahua
Damn Dog

the_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud of

last summer i did the interrail thing, but i stuck to the poor countries.

i went prague > bratislava > budapest > zagreb > split > dubrovnik > split > zagreb > budapest > bratislava > prague

was good fun. tbh split wasnt that great, much much better was dubrovnik down the coast, you cant get the train so its either coach or ferry (both £10) and the ferry is absolutely ****ing brilliant! the old city in dubrovnik is a world heritage site and is amazing. i would have had some great photos if i hadnt been such a spacker and left the camera in a shop

here's my top tip for you: plan your accommodation ahead! when i did budapest > zagreb it dawned on me ten minutes before i got into the station that i had no accommodation organised, when i got to the station at about 11pm it was deserted, no maps or info anywhere. 'bugger'. (luckily i wasnt raped and/or murdered )

oh yeah, and dont buy sandwhiches in zagreb for the train to split, i ended up lying on the toilet floor on the train at 3am in a puddle of piss spewing up my guts

other tips:

prague - stay at the clown and bard hostel ( www.clownandbard.com ) its great for meeting people (i travelled alone ) has a brillisnt cellar bar, is cheap, not far from the centre and etc. there's a great little jazz club just off the old town square, which was one of the best nights out i had in prague. htere's also a 5 storey club by the charles bridge which is open til 6amish, its a bit wank IMO although they do have free internet in the cellar for some bizzare reason

bratislava - great for soviety style concrete tower blocks probably worth staying 1 or 2 nights maximum. worth a visit is the tv tower out of town (need to get a bus to it, then a small hike up the top of a hill) there's a revolving restaurant near the top from which you can see slovakia, austria, hungary and czech republic

budapest - had a brilliant night out there, there's an open air nightclub on the banks of the danube where loads of backpackers and local chicks go to

warsaw - i heard it was pretty rubbish, krakow is apparently miles better - i never got to visit poland tho, spent too long pissing about in buda/prague :/

money - dont use travellers cheques, you will get shafted on the exchange rate. take a bit of local currency for the first country then use your bank cardat cash points - its cheaper

metro/trams/.bus - when you buy the tickets to use the transport in the city, make sure you stamp your ticket when you get on, the inspectors pick on the tourists because they know most of them wont realise you need to validate the ticket when you get on. avoid taxis, they will rip you off
Unread 26 Jul 2004, 00:36   #12
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_dastardley_chihuahua
there's a great little jazz club
'Nice'.
Unread 26 Jul 2004, 00:39   #13
the_dastardley_chihuahua
Damn Dog

the_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud of

yeah, it was nice actually

btw - that was possibly the most helpful post i will ever make
Unread 26 Jul 2004, 00:42   #14
Ste
Bored

My mate at uni highly recommended the clown and bard as well! how many beds does it have? And I can't find whether it is full at any point. I have no idea what date I'm getting to Prague at the moment.

Too late with regards the travellers cheques... already got them... Don't want to have to rely on my cash-card just in case...

Cheers for the advice

Unread 26 Jul 2004, 00:54   #15
the_dastardley_chihuahua
Damn Dog

its got a 30+ bed loft dorm (bastard stairs tho) and various amounts of 6,4 and 2 bed dorms. your best bet is to email them and ask them if there is still any room available in the next 2 weeks, then 2 or 3 days before you head to prague either phone them or email them (they speak good english and reply to emails straight away)

either way, you need to arrange it before you get there. it is one massive ball ache to hike half way accross a city to find the place is full. (and they do get full this time of year)

travellers cheques are a pain in the arse. and you will get stuffed in the exchange rate and the extortionate amount of commision they take - i ended up coming home with £200 worth because the bastards were bleeding me dry. of course you might lose your cashcard, but you could also get murdered
Unread 26 Jul 2004, 00:58   #16
the_dastardley_chihuahua
Damn Dog

and i want to go to prague or something again this summer for a week or so with some friends, beats sodding newquay and flights are damn cheap from east midlands airport. and now the czechs are in the EU no need to worry about bringing home too much cheap booze/fags
Unread 26 Jul 2004, 01:29   #17
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

My advice ... take less stuff.

[/being serious]
Unread 26 Jul 2004, 10:06   #18
Ste
Bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dace
My advice ... take less stuff.

[/being serious]
My mum already made me take out half my clothes looks like I'll be doing a lot of washing while i'm away...

Unread 26 Jul 2004, 22:44   #19
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

You need 5 tops max (going out shirt and the rest tees).

A pair of shorts for lounging in.

A pair of jeans.

(maybe a pair of dressy trousers but i doubt it).

2 pair of shoes max (one of them on your feet).

5 changes of underwear.

Thats it.
Unread 26 Jul 2004, 22:50   #20
Ste
Bored

i've packed:

10 pairs of underwear (they roll up small and will mean I don't have to wash often)

6 t-shirts, 1 shirt and 1 long-sleeved t-shirt

2 pairs of shorts

3 pairs of trousers (1 jeans, 1 thick combats, 1 thin combats)

1 hoody

1 jacket.

That's it for clothes. I have loads of room in my bag now, i'm sure i didn't take much out...
Of course, I'll be wearing my shoes and coat etc.

Unread 26 Jul 2004, 22:55   #21
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society

More shorts less trousers.

Having said this I took stupid amounts of clothes with me on a one week holiday.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jul 2004, 22:57   #22
Dace
so f*cking zen

You have too much stuff ste (get rid of some of it).
Unread 26 Jul 2004, 22:58   #23
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Lose at least 1 pair of trousers, and at least 2 t-shirts if you want efficiency.

You really want the lightest bag you can get.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jul 2004, 23:00   #24
Ste
Bored

I have a big bag, it's fine now, not too heavy and space to put stuff I buy.
I really don't fancy doing much washing, especially waiting for stuff to dry. Underwear I can hand-wash easily enough but other stuff...
Cheers for the advice though

oh and LHC - i don't have any other shorts

Unread 26 Jul 2004, 23:21   #25
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

wednesday i'm meeting dace and his sister.
can't wait
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jul 2004, 18:25   #26
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

Dace doesn't seem to like it when I mention in passing that his sister is arousing.
Unread 27 Jul 2004, 18:27   #27
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Quote:
Dace doesn't seem to like it when I mention in passing that his sister is arousing.
If I had a hypothetical sister, or indeed, hypothetical brother, then it'd be a cold day in Barbados before I let you touch her/him, you dirty clown-loving monster, you.

For once, I completely sympathise with Dace, in a non-paedo excusing way.
Unread 27 Jul 2004, 18:31   #28
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

I'd not imagined her in a clown costume before.

SEE WHAT YOU MADE ME DO?
Unread 27 Jul 2004, 18:57   #29
Ste
Bored

Right, I'm off to catch a train to Luton.
Staying with an ex overnight (fun!) and getting a lift to the airport in the early hours of the morning!
I'll post here from cafe's I'm sure so you'll be kept up to date i'm sure.
I'm sure you'll all miss me (LOL)
So
off
I
Go...

Unread 27 Jul 2004, 19:08   #30
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Good luck Ste!

edit : And try to avoid Eastern European prostitutes on your travels. It's not worth it in the long run.
Unread 27 Jul 2004, 19:11   #31
the_dastardley_chihuahua
Damn Dog

you wont need to see prostitutes anyway, the amount of pissed up american/irish/australian girls you will meet
Unread 27 Jul 2004, 22:33   #32
Dace
so f*cking zen

Quote:
the amount of pissed up american/irish/australian girls you will meet :cool: :up:

WHERE? WHERE? WHERE?
Unread 27 Jul 2004, 22:49   #33
Dace
so f*cking zen

Quote:
i told my mum i was planning on touring europe for a month earlier today

she said i was shit and should stay at home as i have no clue

Is that her response to everything you tell her?
Unread 27 Jul 2004, 23:08   #34
Dace
so f*cking zen

Scream at her that you

"HOPE SHE DIES"

"IN PAIN"

"SOON"

It would be the best thing.
Unread 28 Jul 2004, 02:28   #35
the_dastardley_chihuahua
Damn Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dace
WHERE? WHERE? WHERE?
budapest/prague mainly
Unread 3 Aug 2004, 00:09   #36
Ste
Bored

YO YO YO!!!
I'm in Krakow!!

I've so far been to Berlin, Poznan, Warsaw and this is my second night here
In Berlin we stayed in a dorm with two FIT danish girls - they wandered around in underwear and slapped each other on the arse! sweet.
met noone else interestng until here in Krakow - two fine canadaians from vancouver and I literally just got the email address of a VERY fine italian bird ok i'm a bit drunk but when beer is 3Zl (50p) who cares!
Poznan town square was amazing! And went to Aushvitz today. very sobering.
You lot probably don't care about anything else i've done. But if you do, ask me about it and i will reply!
Staying here for a while but Prague next via Wrocklaw.
Hoping for some more time with Canadian/italian birds... wish me luck!

Ste

Unread 3 Aug 2004, 01:25   #37
the_dastardley_chihuahua
Damn Dog

have fun when you get to prague, some nutter threw a handgrenade into a bunch of tourists t'other day
Unread 3 Aug 2004, 08:21   #38
Ste
Bored

yeh heard about that.
People who were staying in Berlin with us went on to Prague... was thinking of looking up what happened but didn't get round to it...

Funny story of the trip so far:
Went to Auschvitz yesterday with 5 others. at one point an Australian guy (with a big beard) said he was going off and would meet us at the gas chamber... We haven't seen him since...
Apparently he might have turned up at the hostel this morning and slept in the laundry room, but got taken away by an ambulance...
Whoops!

Unread 3 Aug 2004, 11:42   #39
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
i told my mum i was planning on touring europe for a month earlier today

she said i was shit and should stay at home as i have no clue

ace
idimmu you are a delicate flower she is probably just worried you will get hurt
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Aug 2004, 22:21   #40
Ste
Bored

Quote:
where are you staying?

youth hostels?

if so, did you prebook, or are you just turning up some where and going 'i need a youth hostel ima find one oh theres one great' ?

also how much are you roughly spending a day and how much is accomodation please?

(cos im about to do the same trip as you next month i hope although ill be going by myself as all my mates are perpetually crap i expect)
yup - hostels.
might be worth bookin in the first country you get to but in every polish city you get jumped at the station by Dizzy Daisy hostels and a load of others.
what we've done so far is checking on the internet for where hostels are and what they're like, then getting to the city and checking out the nearest one. It's worked so far!

Spending approx 20 (no pound sign on this keyboard damnit) a day including accomodation and lots of beer. Decide whether an interrail ticket is worth it, travel is pretty cheap here anyway and if you stay in the same place it's cheaper anyway.

When you know more definately where you are going ask me again and I can try and hep more...

Krakow is ace by the way. Saw the Salt mines today - A whole cathedral carved out of salt 100m underground!

Unread 3 Aug 2004, 23:07   #41
JetLinus
Friendly geek of GD :-/

JetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud of
Arrow Re: Going Travelling!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
idimmu you are a delicate flower she is probably just worried you will get hurt
POTW
Unread 4 Aug 2004, 01:34   #42
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I heard Dace's sis has the looks and is nice
Unread 4 Aug 2004, 01:48   #43
JetLinus
Friendly geek of GD :-/

JetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud of
Arrow Re: Going Travelling!

Why did that J3 thread get closed?
Unread 4 Aug 2004, 07:40   #44
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetLinus
Why did that J3 thread get closed?
Probably because it had descended into random flames and crap arguments.

I know, I know - that's never stopped them before, etc.
Unread 6 Aug 2004, 16:20   #45
Ste
Bored

Anyway.
In Prague now, yesterday we had the worst day ever
Firstly - got of a night train at 6:30 after very little sleep. it took us 4 hours to find a hostel with a spare room...
Then after going for lunch in the very nice looking town square I got screwed for money in a money change place (exchange rate of 37 instead of 44 which I only noticed afterwards) and then we got caught on the underground without a ticket and got fined
Finally we got back to the hostel and as we were signing in I sat down to eat some watermelon and managed to slice open my hand, not too seriously but it's a nasty cut, while my mate went to get plasters his bag was stolen from under all our noses.
After spending a while searching for it we finally gave up and went to our room and I texted home. My mum replied telling me my Grandpa had died that morning.
Grrrrr......
Prague now has a big **** off stigma attached to it, and even though we walked round today and it looks really nice, we're all feeling a little pissed off (except the american dude who we met at the station who won't stop talking about how many fit girls there are everywhere. which is true, there are)

[/update]

Unread 6 Aug 2004, 16:37   #46
Dace
so f*cking zen

At least the beer is cheap there tho

[/brightside]
Unread 6 Aug 2004, 17:54   #47
the_dastardley_chihuahua
Damn Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste
Anyway.
In Prague now, yesterday we had the worst day ever
Firstly - got of a night train at 6:30 after very little sleep. it took us 4 hours to find a hostel with a spare room...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ME
here's my top tip for you: plan your accommodation ahead!...
either way, you need to arrange it before you get there. it is one massive ball ache to hike half way accross a city to find the place is full. (and they do get full this time of year)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste
Then after going for lunch in the very nice looking town square I got screwed for money in a money change place (exchange rate of 37 instead of 44 which I only noticed afterwards)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ME
you will get stuffed in the exchange rate and the extortionate amount of commision they take...
take a bit of local currency for the first country then use your bank cardat cash points - its cheaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste
and then we got caught on the underground without a ticket and got fined
Quote:
Originally Posted by ME
metro/trams/.bus - when you buy the tickets to use the transport in the city, make sure you stamp your ticket when you get on, the inspectors pick on the tourists because they know most of them wont realise you need to validate the ticket when you get on.

does no one listen to a word i say?!
Unread 8 Aug 2004, 08:33   #48
Ste
Bored

Quote:
does no one listen to a word i say?!
We hadn't needed to plan ahead before Prague. And now we're in Bratislava we didn't here either. Also - I didn't fancy putting Card details into a communal computer.
Think we will ring ahead for Budapest tho...

Travellers cheques also - got good exchange rate in Poland. Thought it would also be good in Prague...

And we knew exactly how to use the tickets. We were just told that noone ever checks and they headed straight for us just before our stop damn them.

Oh and while I was writing the last post my sunglasses were stolen from right next to me

Anyway - In Bratislava now. Nice and cheap. Hostels shit but hey. Met some nice australian girls last night

Unread 9 Aug 2004, 23:15   #49
Ste
Bored

different amount each night in each place.

the wink implies that i pulled and hoping to get laid next time I see her.

The chances of you pulling depends on how much confidence you have with the opposite sex. Also how charming, lucky and good-looking.

Unread 9 Aug 2004, 23:18   #50
the_dastardley_chihuahua
Damn Dog

you missed out 'how much you get them pissed on cheap beer and absinthe'