User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Recruitment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 19 Jul 2004, 11:37   #1
stonerspal

stonerspal is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up ToD

Tides of Darknes is opening its dors once again to members. Noobys and experianced players are all welcome and emplored to join. ToD are currently ranked 20 th and are ever gaining higher ranks. Our aims are to Take Over The Universe. We are in the middle of aquiring a web site and we use MSN instead of irc (more reliable).

So any one who is looking for an active alliance then concider ToD
stonerspal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jul 2004, 12:31   #2
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: ToD

I assume you are using the in-game alliance thing as well as developing your own website?

Why use MSN instead of IRC? I've seen a few alliances recently that have done this and cant understnad it at all, maybe you guys arent given enough IRC advice. I have used IRC for 4 years or so now and can never remember it being down. There are the occasional netsplits but these dont last long and only occur once every blue moon these days. MSN on the other hand tends to be down more regularly. IRC also provides you with a channel that will allow as many people as you want to chat together, and it gives you a quick and easy means of contacting other people that you dont have on your MSN list.

As far as PA goes, IRC is by far the best device to use for communication. It you dont know where to get it from or how to use it etc give me a shout and i'll talk you through it all.
Unread 19 Jul 2004, 20:31   #3
Gerbie
pe0n

Gerbie is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck. I think using MSN can be a good thing as new players will be more likely to be familiar with it. Most people think IRC is better though.
round 7 noob: rank 6.198 25:20:25 - VoC member
round 8 noob: rank 4.112 7:2:3 - TFD member
round 9 rank 941 23:1:9 - TFD HC
round 9.5 rank 860 22:7:3 - TFD HC
round 10: rank unknown (was #1 for a while) 5:2:5 - Vengeance pe0n
round 10.5: rank 683 19:10:2 - VGN member
round 11: rank 138 8:8:4 - VsN member
round 12: rank 515 - VGN 'special attack officer' -> jumped ship to Rock
round 13: rank 85: NoS
Gerbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jul 2004, 00:24   #4
Stealth
Potentate

Stealth is an unknown quantity at this point

No offense, but it sounds like a spinoff of ToF.

From this day to the ending of the world we in it shall be remembered. We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.
Stealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jul 2004, 10:58   #5
stonerspal

well it isnt it by complete coincidence that the alliance was so similer, it was a mistake but the tides will flow on
Unread 24 Jul 2004, 22:58   #6
A2
#planetarion

A2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud of

I'd quite like to get hold of at least one of the HC of this alliance on IRC please.
Unread 24 Jul 2004, 23:33   #7
Shaithess

Shaithess is an unknown quantity at this point

Just wondering... On MSN, how the hell do you get defcalls? Perhaps it's only worth it for hte larger alliances, but if there's somewhere galmates can go on IRC, dump the incoming hostiles information, and leave... Then you have a far better chance of getting def to your members, surely?
Shaithess is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jul 2004, 00:12   #8
alch
Retired

alch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud of

I am browsing this thread, and it appear to me that you didnt give enough information to allow people to join your alliance, perhaps you would like to give a more detailed information on your history, what is your Leadership records, what is your history as a Planetarion player.
What email to mail if we want to be recruited, and what are the specific requirment if there is any.
If you are going to use msn, understand that not everyone will be willing to give out his personal email to an alliance which he doenst know yet, and IRC can give to a normal player anonymous, on other hand, IRC is sometime used by people who knows it and msn is a little bit easier to use (some people would say otherwise)

Anyway the thing is the more information you give concerning your alliance, the better chance are for you to recruit specific players that you are looking for and the more important is that you look a little bit more professional and that why you would get more members than other new alliances around.
To be a new alliance is very hard.

Anyway my best advices for you would be to join #mentors on IRC (if you use it sometime) or mail mentors@planetarion to get in contact with the mentor team, they are qualified players who can help almost in all part of the game and can enrish your gaming experience in order to make you evolve and reach your final goal.

thanks you.
Unread 31 Jul 2004, 01:47   #9
stonerspal

Any one looking for more information add me on msn or email me at [email protected]
Unread 20 Aug 2004, 00:08   #10
impkilla
SU's PR officer

impkilla is an unknown quantity at this point

See thats just it MSN ..... i for once would be way to lasy to ad u to msn just make urself an Alience IRc and Private Alience IRc Channel i was against it but it shure wroks freaking good
impkilla is offline   Reply With Quote