User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 27 Feb 2005, 17:19   #1
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend
Unhappy I'm worried

I think i may have been caught by a speed camera yesterday on the A31 near to where it joins the M27. I'm not sure though as it was a police car sitting on a bridge, so it could've been watching the other road and there were no warning signs on my road. I am fairly sure that they have to have very clear signs warning you that there is a speed camera ahead. Am i right about this and if i am, can i appeal against the ticket (if i get one) on the grounds that there were no warning signs?
We shall remember them.
Demon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Feb 2005, 17:24   #2
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: I'm worried

no
Unread 27 Feb 2005, 17:30   #3
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend

no? no they don't have to have warning signs or no i can't appeal?
We shall remember them.
Unread 27 Feb 2005, 17:36   #4
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

bollocks
We shall remember them.
Unread 27 Feb 2005, 17:39   #5
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society

it would be stupid if they had to warn you before, wouldn't it? they would never catch anyone, it would be just a big waste of time for the police.
Unread 27 Feb 2005, 17:44   #6
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

no, the whole idea is to get people to slow down. By putting up signs they encourage people to slow down or get caught by the camera and get a fine. Obviously if i knew the camera was there, i wouldn't have been speeding. That's the theory anyway. Most believe that the police are just out trying to get some extra funds
We shall remember them.
Unread 27 Feb 2005, 17:50   #7
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I thought they did have to warn you. Surely thats why speed cameras have to be bright orange and they stick big speed camera pics up when they are sitting in a patrol car with a speed gun.
Unread 27 Feb 2005, 17:52   #8
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

that's what i thought. Didn't the government deem it "unfair" after they kept getting compliants from upset motorists
We shall remember them.
Unread 27 Feb 2005, 18:04   #9
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

mobile cameras are different though i think.

Wait for the letter, if you were caught doing a lot over the limit then you'd have been stopped. You might be deemed 'not worth it' or they might not have got a decent picture of you license plate or they might have missed you etc etc.

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Feb 2005, 18:17   #10
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon Dave
no, the whole idea is to get people to slow down. By putting up signs they encourage people to slow down or get caught by the camera and get a fine. Obviously if i knew the camera was there, i wouldn't have been speeding. That's the theory anyway. Most believe that the police are just out trying to get some extra funds
yes, true, but if you have to worry that there is a speeding camera all the time, not just if there is a sign, you slow down all the time (also only in theory)
Unread 27 Feb 2005, 18:21   #11
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

i just got neg repped for asking yahwe to elaborate
We shall remember them.
Unread 27 Feb 2005, 18:26   #12
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

not by me
Unread 27 Feb 2005, 18:38   #13
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

vampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet society

Obviously, you have the rep influencing power to take him back to red. Also, I was under the impression that they didn't have to warn you, but the money didn't go to the police unless they do.
Unread 27 Feb 2005, 18:47   #14
onetwothree
4 5 6

onetwothree is a name known to allonetwothree is a name known to allonetwothree is a name known to allonetwothree is a name known to allonetwothree is a name known to allonetwothree is a name known to all

appeal anyway, often the police won't turn up to the hearing as they're too busy.
onetwothree is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Feb 2005, 21:12   #15
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend

I've got 9 points on my licence, so I'm very careful round cameras these days.
ChubbyChecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Feb 2005, 21:14   #16
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

i was under the impression they do have to warn. every camera ive ever seen on a motorway bridge will be preceeded by a temporary 'speed camera' sign usually put in a laybye or tied to a post or whatever.
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Feb 2005, 21:19   #17
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend

Accidentally I got my last 6 points from a mobile camera, 3 going one way and the other 3 half an hour later going the other way. There were no signs at all.
ChubbyChecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Feb 2005, 21:22   #18
demiGOD
the Sacred Pervert

demiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nice

if there are no warning signs or speed signs, don't you have a certain speed limit that you have to follow on every type of road? like certain speed limits on residential areas, school zones, high-ways, etc when instances where speed limits are not posted?

just wondering, because we do..

Veneratio | Insomnia | F-Crew | Subh
demiGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Feb 2005, 21:28   #19
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place

yes, we do
Unread 27 Feb 2005, 22:54   #20
A2
#planetarion

A2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud of

We do - but apparently the rules laid down in the highway code aren't sufficient to warn people that there might be consequenses for breaking the speed limit.
Unread 27 Feb 2005, 23:14   #21
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Obviously if i knew the camera was there, i wouldn't have been speeding.
or
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dace
Obviously if i knew the neighbours were watching, i wouldn't have been burying her rohypnol-laced body under the patio.
Neither of these situations make it "okay" to still commit the crime.

You dont need to keep beating a dog to get it to stop shitting on the carpet
Dead_Meat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Feb 2005, 23:53   #22
Yahwe
I am.

but i'd get dace off.

Unread 27 Feb 2005, 23:58   #23
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

i prefer chloroform to rohypnol, but, each to his own i suppose
We shall remember them.
Unread 28 Feb 2005, 00:08   #24
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by demiGOD
if there are no warning signs or speed signs, don't you have a certain speed limit that you have to follow on every type of road? like certain speed limits on residential areas, school zones, high-ways, etc when instances where speed limits are not posted?

just wondering, because we do..
Yes
30 mph on a road with streetlights unless otherwise signposted
60 mph on Single Carriageways
70 mph on Dual Carriageways (two lanes for traffic travelling in either direction)
70 mph on Motorways
We shall remember them.
Unread 28 Feb 2005, 00:23   #25
Yahwe
I am.

who goes to belgium?
Unread 28 Feb 2005, 00:38   #26
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I would, when going to France. I would stop 1 gasstation before Belgium, and then after Belgium.

btw here in the Netherlands we have the speed-cam-fascist movement, also known as the Traffic Police.

They hide cameras everywhere trying to nail motorists, with the idea 'if they think they can get caught anywhere, they won't do it anywhere.'

Which has lead to an innovative sms-service where you can send sightings of speedcams to and where you can get info on locations of current cam-activities.

I personally think that although the idea is okay, I still do not want to pay when I speed.
Unread 28 Feb 2005, 01:01   #27
Phalon
Insanely Insignificant

Phalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Theamion
I still do not want to pay when I speed.
Michael Jackson doesn't want to pay when he performs the five-knuckle-shuffle on a 12 yr old.

People never want to pay for their crimes.

Although i hate the traffic police/speed camera/money-grabbing ****s as much as the next person.

Does anyone else think that the penalty for speeding is disproportionate to the 'crime'?

All is nothing, without you.
Phalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Feb 2005, 01:33   #28
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

A CRIME
is
A CRIME
is
A CRIME
Unread 28 Feb 2005, 01:43   #29
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Theamion
I personally think that although the idea is okay, I still do not want to pay when I speed.
i too think that the idea is ok, it's just that some of the constabularies are taking the piss. For example, the A32 (which is a busy single carriageway road) near me has had about 5 fatal accidents in just 3 years i think. It's not uncommen to see people do 100 mph down it. That is the kind of road where they should put a speed camera
We shall remember them.
Unread 28 Feb 2005, 02:20   #30
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

im sorry but motorways....very few people stick to 70mph....

take the m40

less than 90 is just not accepted in the outside lane...

most motorway driving is done at 80ish
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Feb 2005, 03:47   #31
demiGOD
the Sacred Pervert

demiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nice

speeding tickets
= 85 on a 55 $340 (reckless driving waived) in virginia beach
= 90 on a 65 $300 in new jersey

reckless driving
= 110 on a 55 $710 including court waiver fees, south carolina

running a red light
= $370 in los angeles

not stopping at a stop sign
= $180 in los angeles

all these ever since i got my driver's license 9 years ago - my car insurance is LITERALLY killing me - but paying definitely works because i drive a bit more decent now, sad to say it took a lot of money for me to ****ing learn

Unread 28 Feb 2005, 10:05   #32
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend

How fast were you actually driving Dave?
Surely doing a few mph too fast isn't a big deal.
Unread 28 Feb 2005, 10:20   #33
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by demiGOD
all these ever since i got my driver's license 9 years ago -
How old are you?
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Feb 2005, 10:41   #34
madi
a little bit broken

madi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better place

have been hopping up and down the country on the motorway this week (visiting my new nephew)
i always stick to the 'make sure someone else is going faster than you' rule and dont tend to drive much above 90mph anyway
not been told off by any policemen yet

how fast were you going?
(they may have just been parked on bridge
amusing themselves watching people hit the breaks when they were spotted)
Unread 28 Feb 2005, 10:54   #35
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

There's an easy answer: don't speed!

Yes ok, so now that everyone's stopped s******ing let's come to some realistic alternatives.
Basicly madi's covered my general technique, at least for motorways. I don't tend to go over 80, and I generally make sure there's someone going faster than me. Also, you're USUALLY safe up to 77mph as speedos are allowed to be 10% out either way before they become illegal. This is not for definate though - it is perfectly possible to get a ticket for doing 75. If your speedo really is out then you can appeal and get let off.

Incidentally, look out for motorway roadworks sections with reduced speed limites, usually 50 zones. They tend to be shit hot about clocking people through those as my dad found to his cost a couple of months ago...

[edit]
I said s******ing fs!
Mod in censor evasion shocker...
Unread 28 Feb 2005, 16:57   #36
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

they can put up warning signs and have a speed camera upto 1 mile from that sign, as for mobile ones im not sure..
Unread 28 Feb 2005, 17:04   #37
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

why do they have to warn?
Unread 28 Feb 2005, 17:10   #38
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

so it doesnt look entirely like they're trying to rob people
Unread 28 Feb 2005, 17:11   #39
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

what?

I mean the whole idea is that you stop people from speeding right?

not just from speeding when they know someone is looking.
Unread 28 Feb 2005, 17:56   #40
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

For those people asking how fast i was going, i was doing about 75-85 mph, and there were still people undertaking me
We shall remember them.
Unread 28 Feb 2005, 18:19   #41
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
For those people asking how fast i was going, i was doing about 75-85 mph, and there were still people undertaking me
If you're being undertaken, it's a sign to move to a left hand lane.
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Feb 2005, 18:21   #42
ceres

ceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud of

http://www.premierdirect.co.uk/startroadangel.htm

This is similar to what i have, if you contact Jaguar perhaps you can find out the exact details.
________
Asian Webcams

Last edited by ceres; 31 Aug 2011 at 06:50.
ceres is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Mar 2005, 00:29   #43
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew
If you're being undertaken, it's a sign to move to a left hand lane.
normally i'd agree, but i was still overtaking people in the middle lane, hence why i stayed in the outside lane *shrug*

I am tempted to get a Road Angel, except i haven't got £350 or a cigerette lighter
We shall remember them.
Unread 1 Mar 2005, 00:48   #44
Cannon_Fodder

i know one stretch of the m2 heading to london where noone does under 90, even lorries.....
Unread 1 Mar 2005, 02:00   #45
demiGOD
the Sacred Pervert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew
How old are you?