User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 25 Jan 2005, 20:27   #101
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little
Re: www.planetarion.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
pirate.planetarion.com

Dont go changing that.
Seconded (with a vengeance).
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jan 2005, 20:34   #102
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
pirate.planetarion.com

Dont go changing that.
both work, and both have for a while

no idea why people are so attached to priate, it just makes it harder for new players to remember

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jan 2005, 20:34   #103
A2
#planetarion

A2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud of

You'll find that forums.planetarion.com does work (and has for about 2 rounds now) in addition to pirate.planetarion.com

That's the same as game.planetarion.com works, but jpaweb01.planetarion.com still works as it always has.
Unread 25 Jan 2005, 20:37   #104
alch
Retired

alch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud of

Instead of getting a Free coder team, how about for once Jolt will be renting a coder team to finally get some work done?
Unread 25 Jan 2005, 20:38   #105
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
both work, and both have for a while

no idea why people are so attached to priate, it just makes it harder for new players to remember
If it were a consistent naming scheme it wouldn't be.

I hereby petition to have game.planetarion.com changed to daeraithpulsar.planetarion.com.
Unread 25 Jan 2005, 20:56   #106
mist
Jolt's best friend

mist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to all

other than a lack of links to stuff like the manual, how would this be different to currently?

in all seriousness, i think a dev diary would be a bad idea. currently pa's development approach wouldn't bear the weight of public scrutiny well.
Unread 25 Jan 2005, 22:24   #107
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

ok until a new portal is done we are stuck with this one - i have done some minor remoddeling - basically to the menus - so take a look now www.planetarion.com and give me some advice on the menus

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 25 Jan 2005, 22:48   #108
Zeus
True Gamer

Zeus is a jewel in the roughZeus is a jewel in the roughZeus is a jewel in the rough

/me says nothing
Unread 25 Jan 2005, 22:48   #109
Kal
Inactive peon

also if anyone has planet or galaxy listings from round 10, 10.5, 11, or 12 it would be appreciated

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 25 Jan 2005, 23:09   #110
alch
Retired

alch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
also if anyone has planet or galaxy listings from round 10, 10.5, 11, or 12 it would be appreciated
I would have expected you guys to have them ;P
Unread 26 Jan 2005, 14:18   #111
Ramihyn
Emperor

Ramihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
ok until a new portal is done we are stuck with this one - i have done some minor remoddeling - basically to the menus - so take a look now www.planetarion.com and give me some advice on the menus
After beeing puzzled about the change, i like the new order

Nice collection below "planetarion tools". A constructive change - well done IMHO.
Ramihyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jan 2005, 14:22   #112
Banned
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
And within 12 hours the first idiot showed up. God bless syndication.

I'd recommend splitting off official stuff from unofficial stuff. 'Third party resources' or 'Community resources' might be better than 'Planetarion Tools'.
Unread 26 Jan 2005, 15:26   #113
Kal
Inactive peon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned
And within 12 hours the first idiot showed up. God bless syndication.

I'd recommend splitting off official stuff from unofficial stuff. 'Third party resources' or 'Community resources' might be better than 'Planetarion Tools'.

changed it, is the change ok?

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 26 Jan 2005, 15:55   #114
demiGOD
the Sacred Pervert

demiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nice

get a bright red background and big purple letters with neon yellow flames on the side, also old english font for all the letters so itll be easier to read

just kidding - the guidebook is an awesome idea i suggest to load a separate link of the manual on the menu vice making it a sub-menu under the guidebook

Veneratio | Insomnia | F-Crew | Subh
demiGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jan 2005, 19:46   #115
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Smudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablissimo
Let's call it Uplink and update it every other week.
Dude, that made me laugh out loud
[14:53:26] * Keiz`afk has joined #support
[14:53:36] <Keiz`afk> THE SMUDGE CHEERLEADING TEAM HAS ARRIVED
Smudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jan 2005, 19:53   #116
Envious
Ambiguous Anachronism

Envious has a spectacular aura aboutEnvious has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
i have end of round backups of universe screens (the html sites) from r11 + r12, both PA and pilkara. post-r11 speedround final rankings too.let me know if it is of any use.
also, the commented r12 list (with nicks + alliances) should still be somewhere on these forums.
Envious is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jan 2005, 02:04   #117
demiGOD
the Sacred Pervert

demiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nice

i have r12 complete planet listings and alliance listings

Unread 27 Jan 2005, 10:12   #118
Kal
Inactive peon

envious and demigod can u email me what u have - [email protected] - Spinner should have the full listings for me somewhere but he is otherwise engaged atm so we might as well get something up now

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 27 Jan 2005, 11:49   #119
Banned
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
changed it, is the change ok?
Yay.
Unread 27 Jan 2005, 12:23   #120
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The portal needs more <marquee> and <blink>.

And animated .gifs, they're always a hoot.
Unread 27 Jan 2005, 12:27   #121
Zeus
True Gamer

Zeus is a jewel in the roughZeus is a jewel in the roughZeus is a jewel in the rough

forgive me, and certainly no disrespect to the hard work people have put into the portal. Content is one thing to work on, look is another. Look NEEDs addressed also.
Unread 27 Jan 2005, 12:33   #122
ceres

ceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud of

When you view a webpage it should convey to you instantly what the website's purpose/product is, this site does not. Have a graphical 'splash' page might be misleading with regards to the level of actual graphics in the game, but atleast it conveys the general idea of a web based space game.
________
LOW COST MARIJUANA VAPORIZER

Last edited by ceres; 31 Aug 2011 at 06:46.
ceres is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jan 2005, 13:02   #123
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

anyone played p i mp wars ?
Could we have a cool intro to ?

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jan 2005, 13:16   #124
Kal
Inactive peon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus
forgive me, and certainly no disrespect to the hard work people have put into the portal. Content is one thing to work on, look is another. Look NEEDs addressed also.
ofc, and as I said this is an interim solution - i can;t work miracles... well at least not yet

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 27 Jan 2005, 13:18   #125
Kal
Inactive peon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceres
When you view a webpage it should convey to you instantly what the website's purpose/product is, this site does not. Have a graphical 'splash' page might be misleading with regards to the level of actual graphics in the game, but atleast it conveys the general idea of a web based space game.
one option is to have a graphical splash screen which then leads to a fuller portal - however the first question there is - is a fuller portal needed at all? I direct people to the current poll on the portal about columns

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 29 Jan 2005, 03:08   #126
demiGOD
the Sacred Pervert

actually, it looks good, fairly decent and friendly-looking from about 3.5 feet away from my monitor

Unread 29 Jan 2005, 12:59   #127
Zo0f
Sir peon to you

Zo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
ofc, and as I said this is an interim solution - i can;t work miracles... well at least not yet
SACK HIM!

"The only easy day was yesterday."
Zo0f is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jan 2005, 13:08   #128
ceres

ceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud ofceres has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
one option is to have a graphical splash screen which then leads to a fuller portal - however the first question there is - is a fuller portal needed at all? I direct people to the current poll on the portal about columns

The portal is of little importance, getting the first screen right is what you should be focus'ing on.
________
EroticMermaid

Last edited by ceres; 31 Aug 2011 at 06:46.
ceres is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jan 2005, 13:17   #129
Kal
Inactive peon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceres
The portal is of little importance, getting the first screen right is what you should be focus'ing on.
some people do actyually use the current portal - the argument is that others would use it if there were useful things on it - but i agree the first screen id of more immediate importance

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???