User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 26 Dec 2004, 16:07   #1
flikman
Idiot

flikman can only hope to improve
Shambles

So we start with more roids than we can mine, get a construction limit, and xans still have an advantage.

Oh and they didnt reset XP.

I assume this was all intentional was it ..
flikman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Dec 2004, 16:39   #2
mist
Jolt's best friend

mist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to all
Re: Shambles

this is havoc. it's not serious, noone cares! go kill someone.

-mist
Unread 26 Dec 2004, 16:54   #3
flikman
Idiot

I take havoc more seriously than the round....when else will i see 9000 roids !
Unread 26 Dec 2004, 17:25   #4
BasiltheCat
A right royal pain in ...

BasiltheCat is an unknown quantity at this point

the best part of Havoc is spending the huge resourses from the roids you have on massive fleets. But how can we do that with construction limit's and roids we cannot mine????
BasiltheCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Dec 2004, 17:59   #5
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Allowing more roids would be good IMO. It would be satisfying to grow to old-skool proportions, just for a bit of fun.

Tbh, I'm not overly bothered, but it would just be nice
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Dec 2004, 18:32   #6
anomnorway
SWaRM HC

anomnorway is an unknown quantity at this point

heh no sence in going roiding cos this is what happens:

Due to insufficient research in Resource Handling, you currently miss out on 262250 Metal, 262250 Crystal and 262250 Eonium

We can´t research = won´t ever get the resources extra roids gives = no sence in playing havoc.

*grumbles*
Unread 26 Dec 2004, 18:32   #7
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

It would be a nice idea for PA team to remove restrictions for havoc. If nothing else it gives people with feee accounts a chance to sample a normal account and it might encourage them to pay next round.
Unread 26 Dec 2004, 18:35   #8
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by anomnorway
We can´t research = won´t ever get the resources extra roids gives = no sence in playing havoc.

*grumbles*
The idea of havoc in my eyes was always to bash a few friends and have a laugh without having to worry about losing ships and roids because in the end havoc score doesnt matter.
Unread 26 Dec 2004, 18:56   #9
anomnorway
SWaRM HC

This actually nailed my decission about quitting PA. I´ve played every round since R4 and almost every beta test. Accepted, adapted and said "OK. lets try it out" to every change so far - but know what? This havoc rule is simply more then I can swallow .... points to the game being onesided and that the rest of us have to plain accept their wishes, gamestyle. PA is no longer my kind of game.
Unread 26 Dec 2004, 19:21   #10
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

Hey, I totally support how your going to quit PA over havoc!
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Dec 2004, 20:39   #11
Marv
Jazz Man

Marv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the rough

The limits have not been set becasue Phil^ (who was sorting havoc this morning) cannot alter the res limits or cons limits, only Spinner can do that.

Spinner is away ill at the moment, as soon as he is back they will be soerted :-)

Marv

Ex ROCK HC & PA Team Head of Support.
Marv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Dec 2004, 20:49   #12
MotoX
Stolen

MotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these parts

Are we talking hours or days ?
Unread 26 Dec 2004, 21:07   #13
JC
lolly roffle

More than 1 person should have the ability to do everything so that situations like this dont happen.
Unread 26 Dec 2004, 21:48   #14
BasiltheCat

I agree, that is just stoopid. They shouldnt have started Havoc until they were ready.
Unread 26 Dec 2004, 22:23   #15
A2
#planetarion

A2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud of

If you prefer we can take them all away again and give everyone 3 of each roid and no constructions, fleet or tech... then that'll be really fun won't it! </lowest form of wit>

The havoc time is a period where you can build a nice big fleet, and go and bash those people who you couldn't or weren't allowed to attack during the real rounds (your alliance members for example)

To those complaining that the inactive ones get massive stockpiles of resources, this is only true between donations of resources. When the next lot are handed out, everyone will be reset to the same number of resources. Of course if you've spent them then you've got the ships. If you haven't, then you'll have lost the chance to use them.

Yes, it probably would have been better if we had removed the restrictions on those things for the purposes of havoc, but Spinner is ill and can't come online to sort them out.

In the meantime, merry christmas.
Unread 26 Dec 2004, 23:11   #16
anomnorway
SWaRM HC

lol and a merry Christmas to you too A2

Why didn´t you guys write a little about this in the "Havoc info" thread - would have saved us all alot of grief... (arrgh, knew I should have taken that mindreader course *sigh*)
Unread 26 Dec 2004, 23:24   #17
flikman
Idiot

Merry xmas to u too a2, we're only moaning cos its our last bit of PA until r13
Unread 26 Dec 2004, 23:32   #18
Ramihyn
Emperor

Ramihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
More than 1 person should have the ability to do everything so that situations like this dont happen.
Indeed, just send me the access via board-pm and i'll take care of it
Ramihyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Dec 2004, 23:48   #19
A2
#planetarion

A2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by flikman
Merry xmas to u too a2, we're only moaning cos its our last bit of PA until r13
It's also the Christmas period and so no-one's at school/college/uni or work and nothing's open

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
The other person with the ability to do such things is away at home for the festive season and doesn't have his PC with him or internet access. Anyone know where we can rent computer trained carrier pigeons?
Unread 27 Dec 2004, 00:27   #20
BasiltheCat

So when are the next handout's???. Information is very thin on the ground this round.
Unread 27 Dec 2004, 14:43   #21
flikman
Idiot

We know about the "insufficient resource handling" thing - this will not be fixed in the near future due to technical difficulties

---

All I can say is PAteam owned as usual. Anyone who codes knows that it would not be difficult to up the resource handling limits. It's a sad state of affairs when they find this to technically difficult to fix.
Unread 27 Dec 2004, 15:33   #22
arbondigo

arbondigo is a jewel in the rougharbondigo is a jewel in the rougharbondigo is a jewel in the rougharbondigo is a jewel in the rough

it's havoc, who cares
arbondigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Dec 2004, 15:40   #23
Mat^^

i think the problem is not the xp who cares about that the players that have the advantage are the people who did well in the real round who cares if they have a advantage they deserve it.

The problem for me is the roids, as far as i can see somebody who has been inactive but not hit could come on today and have the same fleet as the biggest guy simply because more roids has no advantage at all cept for score. A2 i know you say on overview it is not going to be sorted in the near future but will it be by the end of the round? And i appreciate that he is ill and it is christmas time but really this should of been sorted before the round was started.
Unread 27 Dec 2004, 16:19   #24
anomnorway
SWaRM HC

Lets face it - this havoc is a waste of time. Only peeps playing it are those who get some sort of a thrill out of grabing easy-to-get roids because the rest of us don´t bother to play. *shakes head* Was looking forward to playing havoc, allowed myself to hope the research thing would get fixed .... understand now that it won´t. Fortunatelly there are other online games to play
Unread 27 Dec 2004, 18:37   #25
ils

ils is an unknown quantity at this point

havoc is for fun, go suicide on the chicks that roided you earlyer in round...
*sight*
*Comander of DreamTeam*
EvoL and Dream to tha Bone
ils is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Dec 2004, 23:27   #26
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by anomnorway
This actually nailed my decission about quitting PA. I´ve played every round since R4 and almost every beta test. Accepted, adapted and said "OK. lets try it out" to every change so far - but know what? This havoc rule is simply more then I can swallow .... points to the game being onesided and that the rest of us have to plain accept their wishes, gamestyle. PA is no longer my kind of game.

lol^9999
Unread 28 Dec 2004, 15:23   #27
demiGOD
the Sacred Pervert

demiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nice

shambles?!? havoc is GREAT!! stuff cant catch up with the 20 min ticks, Pa mail wont even update on time, fleets disappearing, people self exiling (still dont get why they would do this), attack allied galaxies, news not updating till like a tick and a half later, wake up the next morning and u lose 2500 asteroids, attack planets with all 3 of their fleets sent out, launch all ur fleets all at the same time.. everything is in haywire with politics with the least of ur worries - its great! - still wish we could attack our galmates in havoc.. lots of inactive planets roids to harvest bwehehheh!

Veneratio | Insomnia | F-Crew | Subh
demiGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Dec 2004, 17:20   #28
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Havoc is about xp tho as you already start out with more roids than you can mine
Unread 29 Dec 2004, 01:55   #29
A2
#planetarion

Quote:
Originally Posted by flikman
So we start with more roids than we can mine, get a construction limit, and xans still have an advantage.

Oh and they didnt reset XP.
Fix0red by Spinner this evening.

Resource donations will continue at random throughout tha havoc period.
Unread 29 Dec 2004, 03:55   #30
I am Idler
This is bat country

pld for us who did everything to lose roids so we could get score

BAD A2!
Unread 29 Dec 2004, 07:26   #31
Gerbie
pe0n

Gerbie is an unknown quantity at this point

It's pretty hard to make everybody happy.
round 7 noob: rank 6.198 25:20:25 - VoC member
round 8 noob: rank 4.112 7:2:3 - TFD member
round 9 rank 941 23:1:9 - TFD HC
round 9.5 rank 860 22:7:3 - TFD HC
round 10: rank unknown (was #1 for a while) 5:2:5 - Vengeance pe0n
round 10.5: rank 683 19:10:2 - VGN member
round 11: rank 138 8:8:4 - VsN member
round 12: rank 515 - VGN 'special attack officer' -> jumped ship to Rock
round 13: rank 85: NoS
Gerbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Dec 2004, 09:39   #32
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I think the world is set against me

'This problem won't be fixed in the near future', so I go for XP. Then the next day it's changed back. Grrr.
Unread 29 Dec 2004, 11:45   #33
demiGOD
the Sacred Pervert

demiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate
I think the world is set against me

'This problem won't be fixed in the near future', so I go for XP. Then the next day it's changed back. Grrr.
lifes a bitch, what can u do?

Veneratio | Insomnia | F-Crew | Subh
demiGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Dec 2004, 15:07   #34
Gate
;D!

Quote:
Originally Posted by demiGOD
lifes a bitch, what can u do?
ROID BARROW
Unread 29 Dec 2004, 22:31   #35
anomnorway
SWaRM HC

thank you, Spinner. *hugs* Think I´ll have a go at havoc afterall