User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 17 Oct 2004, 10:54   #1
Ferretus
ARS HQ

Ferretus has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Roid Capping?

Well my first attacks landed and I have a few problems.

3 attacks landed, one capped 11 roids, one capped 21 roids and another capped 0.
The roid caps are not registering on my planet yet. Has the system changed and do I have to wait for my fleet to bring them back or has something cocked up?

Secondly the fleet that capped 0 had 10 Co pods in it which were all still active after I wiped out the base defence, yet I still got none of his 119 roids. Can anyone help?

Please bear in mind that much of what I say is intended to cause discussion. It may not reflect my personal favouritism or even have any involvement with my situation. In short bitching at me is pointless, so discuss the idea :-)
Ferretus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Oct 2004, 10:56   #2
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little
Re: Roid Capping?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferretus
Well my first attacks landed and I have a few problems.

3 attacks landed, one capped 11 roids, one capped 21 roids and another capped 0.
The roid caps are not registering on my planet yet. Has the system changed and do I have to wait for my fleet to bring them back or has something cocked up?
heh
Quote:
Secondly the fleet that capped 0 had 10 Co pods in it which were all still active after I wiped out the base defence, yet I still got none of his 119 roids. Can anyone help?
were the 10 pods frozen/subbed ?
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Oct 2004, 11:00   #3
Ferretus
ARS HQ

Nope, they were still active. I was killing an easy Terran

Please bear in mind that much of what I say is intended to cause discussion. It may not reflect my personal favouritism or even have any involvement with my situation. In short bitching at me is pointless, so discuss the idea :-)
Unread 17 Oct 2004, 11:07   #4
Ferretus
ARS HQ

Now another tick has gone past and they still haven't arrived. So unless they are coming home with my fleet I am not a happy bunny as there is a definate bug here!

Unread 17 Oct 2004, 11:27   #5
Kileman
Commander

Kileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to behold

Were there any other attacking fleets? If a number of planets were attacking the same planet then you'd lose most of ur share of roids

Also did you have enough pods to 'kill' the armor of the roids?
________
Ford Xm Falcon Specifications

Last edited by Kileman; 24 Feb 2011 at 22:18.
Kileman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Oct 2004, 11:28   #6
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

10 Co pods are enough to steal 2 roids :)
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Oct 2004, 11:33   #7
A2
#planetarion

A2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud of

We've investigated. You landed on that planet at the same time as 3 other attackers. What you read on the reports was the total number of asteroids that that planet lost. However if you look again you will see that there is no "captured asteroids" part on the report. Essentially your fleet was not suitably sized in this combat to gain any roids of your own, and they went to 1 or more of the other attackers.
Unread 17 Oct 2004, 11:37   #8
Spinner
Founder of Planetarion

Spinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant future

As A2 said, there are a few "issues" with your combats.
For the two fleets that took part in the combats where asteroids were lost:
The stolen asteroids are distributed between all the attacking fleets, based on the value of the fleets, same as last round. And since you had had spread your value over all yo 3 fleets attacking different targets at the same time, you had a relatively small value in all 3 fleets, when compared to the other fleets you were attacking with. Hence, you got 0 roids, the other attackers who attacked with you split the roids between them.

For the fleet that you sent with the 10 co-pods, you capped something like 0.7 of each roidtype. Yes, I know it would , in these special cases early round, when roidcounts and shipcounts are low, that it would be nice if the numbers were rounded up, and not down. But in later stages it makes more sense.
So any attack resulting in a net "loss" of less than 3 roids, are actually forced to 0.

I hope this cleared it up (:
Unread 17 Oct 2004, 12:06   #9
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Jester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinner
So any attack resulting in a net "loss" of less than 3 roids, are actually forced to 0.
Wouldn't that be a gross loss of less than 3 roids becomes a net loss of 0?
Unread 17 Oct 2004, 12:08   #10
A2
#planetarion

A2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud of

Your user title really fits you sometimes
Unread 17 Oct 2004, 12:08   #11
Ferretus
ARS HQ

LOL, this sucks. I knew I should have sent more pods :-(

Kinda made myself look a bit noobish there

Thanks guys for looking into it.

Unread 17 Oct 2004, 12:12   #12
DunkelGraf
Drunken Boozer

DunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to behold

heh, attacking with 3 fleets....... bad bad boy :-)

! [ToT]-KC !

Äscendäncy, we got Penis inside!
DunkelGraf is offline   Reply With Quote