User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Recruitment

Unread 6 Oct 2004, 23:34   #1
cycle o path

cycle o path is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Men of England

Calling all Englishmen!!

I am looking to build an alliance of active players (don't have to be English but it might help your application if you are! ) Experience is not nessesary, simply active play.

There are already 3 of us and I am expecting fast growth, PR and BC positions yet to be filled, joint HC is by no means an impossibility so ambitious players are more than welcome.

Let's show the universe that Englishmen still know how to fight!!
cycle o path is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Oct 2004, 00:24   #2
A2
#planetarion

A2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud of
Re: Men of England

How do we join?
How do we contact you?
Do you have a presence on IRC?
Unread 7 Oct 2004, 01:16   #3
arbondigo

arbondigo is a jewel in the rougharbondigo is a jewel in the rougharbondigo is a jewel in the rougharbondigo is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by cycle o path
Calling all Englishmen!!

I am looking to build an alliance of active players (don't have to be English but it might help your application if you are! ) Experience is not nessesary, simply active play.

There are already 3 of us and I am expecting fast growth, PR and BC positions yet to be filled, joint HC is by no means an impossibility so ambitious players are more than welcome.

Let's show the universe that Englishmen still know how to fight!!
Better still why don't you join an alliance already set up, get some experience, realise what a crap thread this is and that your alliance is doomed to fail and then thank me in a few rounds for that advice

Sorry not in a good mood
arbondigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Oct 2004, 09:53   #4
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbondigo
Better still why don't you join an alliance already set up, get some experience, realise what a crap thread this is and that your alliance is doomed to fail and then thank me in a few rounds for that advice

Sorry not in a good mood
leave the poor man alone lol

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Oct 2004, 01:25   #5
cycle o path

Thanx for the vote of confidence arbondigo. but now, moving swiftly on...

We are a new alliance, formed basically because I am fed up with scandinavian alliances. If, like me you are English and want to maintain a sense of national pride then please, go to your alliance page and elect to join 'Men of England'. In your message to me, you should state exactly where you live (obviously not including your street name or house number).
We are looking for commited members who will be active within the game and the alliance. You do not, however, need to be a stay-up-all-night-be-online-every-tick kind of player, all I ask is that you are online at least 1 to 2 times a day. We do not have an irc channel but we will communicate via MSN.
Unread 10 Oct 2004, 14:58   #6
arbondigo

arbondigo is a jewel in the rougharbondigo is a jewel in the rougharbondigo is a jewel in the rougharbondigo is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Thanx for the vote of confidence arbondigo. but now, moving swiftly on...

We are a new alliance, formed basically because I am fed up with scandinavian alliances. If, like me you are English and want to maintain a sense of national pride then please, go to your alliance page and elect to join 'Men of England'. In your message to me, you should state exactly where you live (obviously not including your street name or house number).
We are looking for commited members who will be active within the game and the alliance. You do not, however, need to be a stay-up-all-night-be-online-every-tick kind of player, all I ask is that you are online at least 1 to 2 times a day. We do not have an irc channel but we will communicate via MSN.
Care to show us these Scandinavian alliances? You're setting up this alliance for all the wrong reasons...
Unread 10 Oct 2004, 16:38   #7
cycle o path

I have played in three previous rounds of PA and in all of them I have ended up involved with a Scandinavian aliiance, or at least alliances containing mostly Scandinavian players. When I first played PA I was in a gal covered by the Scandinavian Legion. More recently I was in Tides of Darkness who seemed to be mostly Scandinavian, we were doing battle with the Norwiegian Ally.
I admit that I could be wrong here, but it seems to me that a large proportion of PA players are Scandinavian and I decided that it was time that the English pulled together to fight them, let's face it - we did it for a long time a few centuries back, why let an old tradion die?
Unread 10 Oct 2004, 17:01   #8
arbondigo

Quote:
I have played in three previous rounds of PA and in all of them I have ended up involved with a Scandinavian aliiance, or at least alliances containing mostly Scandinavian players. When I first played PA I was in a gal covered by the Scandinavian Legion. More recently I was in Tides of Darkness who seemed to be mostly Scandinavian, we were doing battle with the Norwiegian Ally.
I admit that I could be wrong here, but it seems to me that a large proportion of PA players are Scandinavian and I decided that it was time that the English pulled together to fight them, let's face it - we did it for a long time a few centuries back, why let an old tradion die?
No one in an already established alliance will join you, and i doubt that anyone looking for an alliance will join you and you and your alliance come across as being rather Mickey Mouse.
Unread 10 Oct 2004, 17:15   #9
Shiv
Veneratio HC

Shiv is an unknown quantity at this point

lol, Arbondigo

I must agree with you though. It's already hard enough to set up a good alliance using all nationalities of the world so accepting only ppl from England is just failed to doom. It's way better to set up an alliance for all nationalities. And if you then still got those personal problems against Scandinavians you can at least have a decent alliance war with them.
Unread 10 Oct 2004, 17:58   #10
cycle o path

MICKEY MOUSE!!

I would like to point out that I have no real personal problems with Scandanavians, I just thought that it would be nice for English players to have an alliance of their own. Incidently, where are you from Arbondigo?
Unread 10 Oct 2004, 18:21   #11
arbondigo

Quote:
MICKEY MOUSE!!

I would like to point out that I have no real personal problems with Scandanavians, I just thought that it would be nice for English players to have an alliance of their own. Incidently, where are you from Arbondigo?
Same country as you by the sounds of it, and yes Mickey Mouse.

English only alliance has been tried before and failed and i see yours going exactly the same way
Unread 11 Oct 2004, 00:54   #12
cycle o path

Well, it seems that I may have to admit defeat on this one, take up has been poor. If there is anyone out there who thinks that Men of England is worth going for, please be quick in applying, otherwise the alliance will be closed - I want to get myself into a decent alliance before the round starts. Time is running out.
I've enjoyed our little chat Arbondigo, which alliance you in? Looking for members?
Unread 11 Oct 2004, 01:34   #13
arbondigo

I'm not in one as PA ruined my last uni year so need to actually do some work this year. Last round i played was round before last, think that would be r10.5? Anyway game was awful then, or at least i thought so , though i hear r11 was a lot better so i might make a return though work times don't help me out much as i work from 7pm to 4am GMT.
Unread 12 Oct 2004, 09:03   #14
Veil05
NE

Veil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbondigo
No one in an already established alliance will join you, and i doubt that anyone looking for an alliance will join you and you and your alliance come across as being rather Mickey Mouse.
and what makes you so prestigious?

your right, however, if he finds fun in making an allaince and trying his arse off to make it work, good on him
Unread 12 Oct 2004, 17:21   #15
cycle o path

Well folks, for the time being at least, Men of England lives on. Our members seem to be waking up (I hadn't heard from them till now!). We're gonna give this a go and I hope that we will not only still be around by the end of the round but that we will be awesome!

Still open to new members so, if there is anyone out there who is interested, please apply.
Unread 12 Oct 2004, 20:01   #16
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

did u even read the sticky?

http://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=177654
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Oct 2004, 00:23   #17
cycle o path

I have read the sticky, have you read my posts?

I have stated that this alliance is not about taking on the big boys or staying up all night. This alliance is about having fun in PA around living an actual life in the real world (the place on the other side of your walls - no sockets or phone lines, big blue ceiling, etc.). We will be playing the game as well as we can but we know that PA is not as important as life.
If you are after taking down serious players and trying to get a top 20 finishing score then the 'Men of England' is not the alliance for you, if you want to have some fun, do some group attacks and have defence to call on when you need it, without someone telling you that you have to spend most your waking hours on IRC then we could be just you are looking for.

I hope that this post has helped to make things a bit clearer for you.
Unread 11 Nov 2004, 12:07   #18
Relisys

Relisys is an unknown quantity at this point

Cycle o Path...your allliance rocks!!!
I wanna rock (rock) do do dodo dodo do do I wanna rock
Relisys is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Nov 2004, 12:54   #19
Erinyes
Unforgiven Sin Founder

Erinyes is an unknown quantity at this point

lol Relisys! Bit of Twisted Sister to finish a post there!

Good luck Cycle o Path, I too am starting a new alliance. You never know, maybe we could be rivals!....or friends if you prefer! lol
Erinyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Nov 2004, 13:13   #20
Relisys

well good luck to you...MoE rules..here me now...kiss my teeth
Unread 11 Nov 2004, 14:49   #21
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiv
accepting only ppl from England is just failed to doom.
Until later rounds LDK was pretty much 100% Lithuanians and TFD was for ducth speaking people only. Both were pretty damn successful alliances.

Most PA players are British, and of those the majority will be English, so he already has a bigger base of players to pick than LDK and TFD had combined (well more players played back then but i'll ignore that ). He isnt aiming to conquer the world so give the guy a break.
Unread 11 Nov 2004, 14:52   #22
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
Until later rounds LDK was pretty much 100% Lithuanians and TFD was for ducth speaking people only. Both were pretty damn successful alliances.

Most PA players are British, and of those the majority will be English, so he already has a bigger base of players to pick than LDK and TFD had combined (well more players played back then but i'll ignore that ). He isnt aiming to conquer the world so give the guy a break.
damn straight...good luck MoE...you deserve it

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Nov 2004, 10:51   #23
Erinyes
Unforgiven Sin Founder

Erinyes is an unknown quantity at this point

Well for an alliance that was told it was doomed to fail your 27th with 19 members! Congrats, you deserve it.
Erinyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Nov 2004, 11:20   #24
Relisys

yup..and we're still growing
Unread 20 Nov 2004, 08:47   #25
cycle o path

Thanks guys, things are going pretty well at the moment, lets hope in continues.
Unread 24 Nov 2004, 12:03   #26
Relisys

apart from our last attack..