User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 2 Oct 2004, 13:12   #1
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Achilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Mid-week start?

What are the thoughts on this non-traditional starting day for the upcoming round?
Achilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Oct 2004, 13:24   #2
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little
Re: Mid-week start?

somewhere along the lines of 'crap'.

[edit- this is ofcourse on a purely selfish basis. but still. 'crap' does come to mind.]
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Oct 2004, 15:33   #3
Anihilat0r
Supreme ETY Pe0n

Anihilat0r is an unknown quantity at this point

jerome` I get the feeling that 'crap' would be your response no matter which day the round started.

For me its great, it's the one night of the week that I don't bowl! Excluding weekends that is.
So I am pretty happy with it.

'Just a bunch of harmless n00bs'
Anihilat0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Oct 2004, 17:24   #4
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

No matter what day or time a round starts it is always going to be bad for somebody.
Unread 2 Oct 2004, 18:21   #5
A2
#planetarion

A2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud of

Exactly what JC said.
Besides which, we normally start somewhere near a weekend - this time the people who can't be around at weekends as much as during the week will benefit. However in the long run it shouldn't matter too much.

With a tickstart on Wednesday planets will be coming out of protection on Saturday evening, which could prove intersting if anyone is in the mood to be attacking by then.
Unread 2 Oct 2004, 18:28   #6
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

people who can`t be overly active will survive ofcourse. for me personally, friday would have been good, but any day other than friday or saturday would essentially mean the same result really anyway, so it doesn`t matter too much. More or less everyday sucks for a start really, as to be 'fully potent' you gotta be online for every tick etc, most of us do have other things to do in our lives so shrug, kore is pretty much right:/
Unread 2 Oct 2004, 23:35   #7
Jackal2112

Jackal2112 is infamous around these partsJackal2112 is infamous around these parts

It's a crap day to start the round. Some people DO have a life and a job and start of round in the weekend is ideal. Arguments like 'yeah but any day will be bad for SOMEONE' don't really impress me if used to validate this choice. It is crap, it will stay crap.

Why change the traditional friday start to begin with?
Unread 2 Oct 2004, 23:41   #8
A2
#planetarion

A2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal2112
It's a crap day to start the round. Some people DO have a life and a job and start of round in the weekend is ideal. Arguments like 'yeah but any day will be bad for SOMEONE' don't really impress me if used to validate this choice. It is crap, it will stay crap.

Why change the traditional friday start to begin with?
We've started on Saturdays, Sundays and Mondays before too. Starting on a Friday night is a bad plan since people tend to go out then, and the last thing you want is to come in from your big night out, only to have to logon to PA and start your next research going. Could put a bit of a damper on the image you've presented to anyone you've managed to persuede home with you.
Unread 2 Oct 2004, 23:46   #9
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future

sif any of these clowns ever get someone to go back home with them A2
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Oct 2004, 00:06   #10
A2
#planetarion

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypher
sif any of these clowns ever get someone to go back home with them A2
Everyone's entitled to hope surely...
Unread 3 Oct 2004, 00:54   #11
Nology

Nology is an unknown quantity at this point

Did you all happen to forget that you can preset construction and research?
Unread 3 Oct 2004, 09:55   #12
jerome

what game are you playing?
Unread 3 Oct 2004, 11:01   #13
jleedham

jleedham is on a distinguished road

lol i refer to my commont on another thread re. the moaning gits in this community, what ever day the round starts there will be someone who is not happy about it,

just quit whining and play the damn game and this way when u do rubbish coz u only log in once every 3 days at least u can blame ure inadequacy on the fact that the round started on a wednesday which was your regular day for dressing in drag and going to the bingo

Have You Growled At The Badger Recently?
jleedham is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Oct 2004, 11:17   #14
jerome

where are you drawing those assumptions from?
Unread 3 Oct 2004, 11:20   #15
jleedham

what assumtions?

Unread 3 Oct 2004, 11:45   #16
jerome

this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jleedham
coz u only log in once every 3 days at least u can blame ure inadequacy on the fact that the round started on a wednesday which was your regular day for dressing in drag and going to the bingo
Unread 3 Oct 2004, 11:46   #17
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society

Personally, I couldn't care less which day it starts, although, I would personally imagine that the weekend is the best time, as it is generally the time that people have off, obviously there are exceptions, but the majority of people don't work at weekends, and have weekends as an ideal starting day. It is easy to see that this is the case by the way that on weekends, attacks are always much more frequent. Whenever it starts though, I suspect those that care will make the time, and those who don't won't moan that much about it.
Unread 3 Oct 2004, 11:50   #18
jleedham

hmm tbh i find the idea that most people are of on weekends laughable the only people who are off weekends are office workers for many jobs weekends are the busiest time of the wekk, ie, retail, bar work, them parks, catering etc

as for where i got my assumtions from no where was just using a funny image to add into my rant to make it less rant like or summing

Unread 3 Oct 2004, 12:42   #19
Judge
Doh!

Judge is infamous around these parts

Quote:

just quit whining and play the damn game and this way when u do rubbish coz u only log in once every 3 days at least u can blame ure inadequacy on the fact that the round started on a wednesday which was your regular day for dressing in drag and going to the bingo
Damn it man, where did you get this info from?

My Secret is out ffs !!

Unread 3 Oct 2004, 13:02   #20
jleedham

LoL

Unread 3 Oct 2004, 16:54   #21
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
hmm tbh i find the idea that most people are of on weekends laughable the only people who are off weekends are office workers for many jobs weekends are the busiest time of the wekk, ie, retail, bar work, them parks, catering etc

Are you on the same planet as the rest of us? You don't half sprout some rubbish. The fact that there are more attacks launched on a weekend proves that more people are off on weekends than weekdays, and anybody who has played in an alliance would know this to be the case. There are several other pointers that show that most people are off on weekends, you yourself proved it with your laughable attempt at proving me wrong. Retail, bar work, theme parks, catering..... what proportion of the population do you think are employed in these sectors? I would personally be VERY surprised if it was higher than 50%. And the fact that these sectors are busiest at weekends proves that less people work at weekends, otherwise weekdays would be busier.
Unread 3 Oct 2004, 17:00   #22
Nology

Nology is an unknown quantity at this point

What I meant by preset was you can choose what construction and research you want before the tick starts so it starts when the tick does. SImple as that.
Unread 3 Oct 2004, 23:39   #23
jleedham

dude i talk crap?

hmm so you are telling me that less than 50% of the population work in the areas i suggested?

well mayB this is so although in honetstly i find it hard to believe but neither of us has any figures to back it up either way so.. however wat i would point out is that now days many Banks and offices's ure traditional monday to friday, 9-5. are now opening saturdays as well.

Unread 4 Oct 2004, 00:16   #24
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

actually starting on the weekday helps the players here that really do go out on the weekends. Imho, the geeks were in the benifit of starting on weekends. Now its about even. Lol @ the geeks that wanted the weekend.
I have my best sex on the weekends.
Unread 4 Oct 2004, 06:35   #25
Intruder
Jolt took my jap girl :(

Intruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant future

Well, after the game starts ill have to be online during all the week for playing for the next months, so the game begin monday or wednesday wont mke any difference, cos an average active player has to be there everyday anyway

|| Absolute || eXilition || FAnG || Insomnia || Seraphim || Silver || Vengeance ||

Channels:

#brasil #Counter-Strike #ChillSpot #cro #dawnofthedead #dragonslair #elurstaheht #Exilition #fang #fnp #g33k #HoneyBunny #insomnia #kon #Mirage #nebula #OuZo #planetarion #pta #rpg #Silver #the_witches #vgn

Intruder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Oct 2004, 07:54   #26
Lord_Thunderball
Playing Speedrounds

Lord_Thunderball is on a distinguished road

It rocks. I'm hardly there in the weekend, and at work.. Well 24/7. I always liked monday starts, and I though this wasn't the first...
Unread 4 Oct 2004, 08:15   #27
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Achilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Thunderball
It rocks. I'm hardly there in the weekend, and at work.. Well 24/7. I always liked monday starts, and I though this wasn't the first...
Great! So you'll be there all week amassing roids like a good little farm until Saturday When attacks start.
And you're away. Losing. At the internet.
Achilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Oct 2004, 11:45   #28
Lord_Thunderball
Playing Speedrounds

Lord_Thunderball is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles
Great! So you'll be there all week amassing roids like a good little farm until Saturday When attacks start.
And you're away. Losing. At the internet.
I know you are a player without friends, always playing random in shitty gals..

Luckily... I got galm8's and an alliance to take care of me...

Unread 4 Oct 2004, 12:10   #29
Bashar
Idle Git

Quote:
dude i talk crap?

hmm so you are telling me that less than 50% of the population work in the areas i suggested?

well mayB this is so although in honetstly i find it hard to believe but neither of us has any figures to back it up either way so.. however wat i would point out is that now days many Banks and offices's ure traditional monday to friday, 9-5. are now opening saturdays as well.
You're grasping at straws, you really are. I've justified in very simple terms that less than 50% of the population work in these areas. All you need do is go into town any day during the week, and any day during the weekend. It is not complicated.

As for banks, you are not thinking it through very much. Yes, some (not all) banks open on Saturdays, but it is only the people serving.All those who work in offices out of the public eye don't work on Saturdays, why do you think that anything done on Saturdays doesn't go through until Mondays?
Unread 4 Oct 2004, 19:22   #30
richardeames
Wibbler!

richardeames is an unknown quantity at this point

Erm, I work in a bank (very large UK one) and I work all hours of the day and night.
richardeames is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Oct 2004, 19:42   #31
jleedham

the only things that dont go through in a bank or things which take a certian amount of working days to clear ie paying in a cheque, this has nothing to do with who is working "out back" as this is all computer automated the only reason why a cheque for example does not clear straight away is so that the bank can put it into a holding account for 3 days to gain the interest before they place the money into ure account.

secondly untill u give me some hard proof that less than 50% of the working population works weekends please stop this petty and pointless argument. PA is starting mid week no matter how much u may whine about it, which from reading the many threads you post on seems to be your only talent and regardless of if it starts on a saturday a wednesday or thanksgiving the people who are good at the game will still be good at the game and you will still be a lamer n00b.

Unread 4 Oct 2004, 20:39   #32
jerome

haha, some unheard of kid is calling bashar a lamer n00b <3
Unread 4 Oct 2004, 20:42   #33
jleedham

heh some unheard of kid eh,
from u thats funny
been playing sice R1 mate just look at the forum join date hmmm...jan 01 vs march 04

heh go back to school kid

Unread 4 Oct 2004, 20:52   #34
Bashar
Idle Git

Quote:
PA is starting mid week no matter how much u may whine about it
Did you even READ my post? First thing I said was "I couldn't care less when it starts". I was merely pointing out why I can see the weekend being a better time, I was not expressing a preference in any way.
Unread 4 Oct 2004, 20:53   #35
Bashar
Idle Git

Quote:
heh some unheard of kid eh,
from u thats funny
been playing sice R1 mate just look at the forum join date hmmm...jan 01 vs march 04

heh go back to school kid
Actually, I think he has been around longer, but using a different nick.
Unread 5 Oct 2004, 08:30   #36
Kloopy
-Back Again-

Kloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud of

rofl. Forum fights.

Shut it all of you, heh. Wednesday is a great day. It means we come out of protection at precisely 8pm GMT (9pm UK, 10pm CEST) on Saturday. Saturday evening, as we've argued here is one of the best nights to have for action, since most people are off work(?).

I personally think that it's the time that's wrong for the start. We should begin ticks at about noon GMT. That way people can pre-start construction and research and when they get home from school/college/uni/work in the early evenings, they are ready to start the next batch of research/construction without missing any ticks. At the moment, an 11 hour research means that you have to be up at 4am GMT to start research without losing ticks. Which blatantly sucks.

And, yes, I know people from all over the world play PA, but we should target the game towards Europeans since they make up the vast vast majority of the player base.

Anyhow, these aren't any official views, just the views of someone who a noon start would make so much more convienient sense. Also, it would mean protection ends 11pm UK time, which is great because it then leaves Saturday night to go out after your first attack.
Kloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Oct 2004, 14:39   #37
jerome

lol ? you do realise firstly - jan 2001 wasnt r1 or anywhere close to it :> more like mid-way of r3 :> so ;]

and heh? forum joining dates don`t mean much really. i mean, for example, chipz^ to my knowledge has never possessed a forums acc, yet has played since and at a higher level than you probably ever have/will, but if he signs up an acc tomorrow, will you suddenly be more experienced/better ?;)

don`t jump to conclusions regarding things you know nothing of heh. ofcourse, i could be accused of the same, as i know next to nothing of you.

so anyway, funny, some unheard of kid is flaming me :[

regarding the actual topic at hand, there`s no point in arguing/discussing the actual start day as after all in the end, with the game as it is, the start doesn`t mean as much anymore heh. the hardcore players will still come out on top after a while. they`ll adjust what`s needed to come out on top after a possible bad start, after all, versatility is also a skill, imo.

Last edited by _ryzekiel_; 5 Oct 2004 at 15:02.
Unread 5 Oct 2004, 19:22   #38
jleedham

thats fair enuf, u have a point i as many people as u have said who have been playing forever have not got forum accounts, i said i had played since R1 not posted since R1. and in the same way it was nieve of me to assume that u had not also played longer than the date u started posting suggests however it is just as neive for u to assume that i am either a kid, or unheard of. as u say neither of us know anything about each other so fair enuf.

Jsar

Unread 5 Oct 2004, 20:39   #39
jerome

innit, fo' real.
Unread 12 Oct 2004, 05:25   #40
OlaTa
Friends and Foes

OlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ryzekiel_
lol ? you do realise firstly - jan 2001 wasnt r1 or anywhere close to it :> more like mid-way of r3 :> so ;]
I think it might had been start of r3, cos when i returned from army in april then the round was about to end, and imo the 4th started in may.
Unread 12 Oct 2004, 07:52   #41
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Jester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlaTa
I think it might had been start of r3, cos when i returned from army in april then the round was about to end, and imo the 4th started in may.
No, it was mid-round 3. I started playing just after Christmas in 2000, and by then Fury/Legion had already won.
Unread 12 Oct 2004, 08:17   #42
hook
I'm who you want me to be

hook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester
No, it was mid-round 3. I started playing just after Christmas in 2000, and by then Fury/Legion had already won.
Atleast you were in time to see all the nice christmas banners then.

Also, wednesday is fine, way better than weekend, atleast for me.