User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion

Unread 30 Jul 2004, 00:25   #1
A2
#planetarion

A2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud of
mIRC + default browser

Riight... ignoring the "upgrade your mIRC" replies:

I recently changed from using IE to using Firefox as my default browser. Every program on my system understands a brower link to open in Firefox except mIRC. I am using mIRC v6.03 and have no interest in upgrading as the new versions annoy me.
How do I change the default browser?

anyone?
Unread 9 Aug 2004, 23:18   #2
the_angry_angel
Supreme Moron

the_angry_angel is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: mIRC + default browser

if you've not already fixed it heres my 2pence:

it sounds like you had the same problem as i did. heres what i did to fix it:

open IE, goto the options and set it as your default browser. close IE. open firefox, set firefox as your default browser (if/when it askes). that should work. you _may_ have to restart mirc.

if this doesnt work close mirc, set IE as the default. close IE. open FF, set as default. close FF. reboot. see what mirc does now.

i had this happen when i did a clean install of my system. its now happened to me on two different machines. you may have to do it once or twice. there doesnt seem to be a reason to it when everything else recognises it the default and mirc doesnt. i guess it could be a shellexecute() bug, but more likely something is screwy with mirc.
the_angry_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Aug 2004, 12:37   #3
RealJames
Retired at the top

RealJames is infamous around these parts
Re: mIRC + default browser

I always had this issue at uni, I had Netscape (those were the days) as my default browser and yet mIRC insisted on IE.

Oh, and I'm in agreement with you there Andrew, mIRC 6.1x is a damn awful client. I still have the 6.03 installation program and intend on keeping it.

"That's what the internet's for - slandering others anonymously." - Banky Edwards, J&SBSB
RealJames is offline   Reply With Quote