User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 28 Jul 2004, 01:50   #1
A2
#planetarion

A2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud of
Why is it...

...that in the case of murder the victim is always referred to by their first name, and the murderer by their surname
eg: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/l...re/3929015.stm
Is it because using first names sounds more "human" and surnames are evil, or is there an actual reason?

Anyone know?
Unread 28 Jul 2004, 02:10   #2
Sandsnake
Snake of the Sand

Sandsnake will become famous soon enoughSandsnake will become famous soon enough
Re: Why is it...

yeah basically...first names are more personal, last names aren't.
Unread 28 Jul 2004, 02:10   #3
Sunday8pm
Banned

Sunday8pm is an unknown quantity at this point

That and like lots of people share a lot fo the same surnames.
Sunday8pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jul 2004, 02:13   #4
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Assassins have 3 names.
Unread 28 Jul 2004, 02:17   #5
Sunday8pm
Banned

Sunday8pm is an unknown quantity at this point

I have 3 names.

Btw I find it amusing no-one has made a play on dace's last name of Rankin that much.
Sunday8pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jul 2004, 02:20   #6
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

If they did they might win a prize for being "The Most Original Person In The World Ever".
Unread 28 Jul 2004, 02:59   #7
Sandsnake
Snake of the Sand

Sandsnake will become famous soon enoughSandsnake will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunday8pm
Btw I find it amusing no-one has made a play on dace's last name of Rankin that much.
speaking of which, aren't you and kura named after IRA bombers?
Unread 28 Jul 2004, 03:29   #8
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandsnake
speaking of which, aren't you and kura named after IRA bombers?
Martin McGuinness , as i recall, has not been convicted of actually detonating any bombs. Although hes an evil ****er, so hes probably been convicted of quite a few other things.
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jul 2004, 12:08   #9
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dace
Assassins have 3 names.
I have four...
That must make me a ninja no?
Unread 28 Jul 2004, 12:25   #10
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Structural Integrity
I have four...
That must make me a ninja no?
It makes you a super cyborg ninja dinosaur.

(I have 4 names too)
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jul 2004, 12:37   #11
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

I've got 3 names and my first name isn't exactly my real first name, what does that count for?
SilverSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jul 2004, 12:42   #12
Zaphod I
criminally insane

Zaphod I is an unknown quantity at this point

Got stuck with your pirate name, eh, Smoky?

Consider the italian guys who have 9 or so names... scary!

-Zaps
Zaphod I is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jul 2004, 12:45   #13
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

nah my parents called me Charles. While everyone knows me as Charley which is a good thing.
Unread 28 Jul 2004, 12:47   #14
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke
nah my parents called me Charles. While everyone knows me as Charley which is a good thing.
The dog of my aunt is called Charley.
What kind of name is Charles anyway for a Dutch person? I bet most Dutch people can't even pronounce is properly.
Unread 28 Jul 2004, 12:51   #15
Zaphod I
criminally insane

Zaphod I is an unknown quantity at this point

One of the four names of my friend from belgium is his mother's name. Now that is strange. As is he. He must also be a super cyborg ninja dinosaur, then.

-Zaps
Zaphod I is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jul 2004, 12:58   #16
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

Quote:
Originally Posted by Structural Integrity
The dog of my aunt is called Charley.
What kind of name is Charles anyway for a Dutch person? I bet most Dutch people can't even pronounce is properly.

I like Charley, better then Martin, who is my brother.

Don't know, it's a family thing, every generation had it's Charles as far I know. That side of my family isn't really Dutch btw. Indonesians mixed with a lot of global shit.