User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

View Poll Results: Best galaxy banner
Option 1 - Sacrifice 51 37.23%
Option 2 - Galaxi Ver Far Away 9 6.57%
Option 3 - Guardian 10 7.30%
Option 4 - 1:1 Banner 46 33.58%
Option 5 - Endless Nights 21 15.33%
Voters: 137. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 13 Oct 2006, 20:04   #1
Chef!
Domestic Diva

Chef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to behold
Galaxy Banner Competition Voting

Ok the entries have come in and we have wittled it down to just five entries! So you have got until sunday to make your choice. Your options are...

Option 1 - Sacrifice - http://www.planetarion.com/img/20061...anners/1_7.jpg
Option 2 - Galaxi Ver Far Away - http://www.planetarion.com/img/20061...anners/6_2.jpg
Option 3 - Guardian - http://www.planetarion.com/img/20061...s/Guardian.jpg
Option 4 - 1:1 Banner - http://www.planetarion.com/img/20061...anners/hmm.jpg
Option 5 - Endless Nights - http://www.planetarion.com/img/20061...ontestv2sm.jpg

And may the best banner win!

<rext> chef recall your fleet m8 they going to fc u
<Chef> recall my fleet?
<Chef> ive not logged in for two days

Its Only Nasty, When Its Not True.
Chef! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Oct 2006, 20:11   #2
Maskaler

Maskaler is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Galaxy Banner Competition Voting

i vote for option 2

Maskaler
Maskaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Oct 2006, 20:12   #3
Chef!
Domestic Diva

Chef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to behold

u have to vote on the poll at the top

<Chef> recall my fleet?

Unread 13 Oct 2006, 20:13   #4
Maskaler

i did, just wanted to stamp my point

Maskaler
Unread 13 Oct 2006, 20:35   #5
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society

The 1:1 banner looks awesome
Unread 13 Oct 2006, 20:36   #6
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

You didnt wait for me to submit my choices in the reps forum
Ive voted for #4 , since it was the only one which was also in my top 3 choices :'(
Unread 13 Oct 2006, 20:38   #7
Chef!
Domestic Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil^
You didnt wait for me to submit my choices in the reps forum
Ive voted for #4 , though none of them here were in my top 3 :'(
sorry Phil^ i was panicing cos i said i was going to put the poll up tonight and then it was all really last minute. my fault.

<Chef> recall my fleet?

Unread 13 Oct 2006, 20:40   #8
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

its ok, shame tho - the other two were imo quite nice.
( ps, i really hope #2's spelling errors were intentional )
Unread 13 Oct 2006, 20:46   #9
Ptraci

Ptraci is a jewel in the roughPtraci is a jewel in the roughPtraci is a jewel in the rough

guess I was a bit late putting my selection in as well

r3 - r5 - Gondor alliance
r14 - Orbit member
r15 - Orbit DC
r15 - r17 - Orbit HC
r17 - r19 - Insurrection HC
Ptraci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Oct 2006, 20:55   #10
Maskaler

1:! banner looks very much like the 12:4 banner, i wonder which is the original
Unread 13 Oct 2006, 21:03   #11
qebab
The Original Carebear

qebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

None of them are all that good. Looks like most of the artists left the community.

Oh crap, I might be back. I should take my own advice.
qebab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Oct 2006, 00:53   #12
Ver

Ver is an unknown quantity at this point

isj ... I'm sure this contest is rigged!

and tbh ... I question the ppl who made the short list in their abillity to make a descent shortlist.

post them all and let the community decide!!!

BE GONE WITH THIS SENSOR!!!!
Ver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Oct 2006, 00:56   #13
Chef!
Domestic Diva

Blame fiery, appocomaster and timeline. Plus the fact i rushed the shortlisting.

<Chef> recall my fleet?

Unread 14 Oct 2006, 01:01   #14
Phil^
Insomniac

you arent missing out on that much tbh. Quite a lot of them were " galaxy coordinates over random funny internet image " with zero creativity having gone into them
Unread 14 Oct 2006, 01:09   #15
Ver

isj .... then u should have set clearer guidelines to the contest.

To bad, coz I know there where some nice galbanners out there that where sent in that didn't end in the shortlist (mine included )
Unread 14 Oct 2006, 01:12   #16
Phil^
Insomniac

creativity wasnt a requirement for it to enter the contest, dont get me wrong. heck , option #1 falls under the category of "text over funny internet image" , and so i didnt vote for that one in both shortlist and here.
Its simply something i would consider a factor in my nominating images from the shortlist the pa reps were given to choose 5 from each
Unread 14 Oct 2006, 01:17   #17
Ver

choose 5 images total, or chose 1 image from each subcatagory?

anyway, I still think it's a farse. sorry if I upset u lot :/
Unread 14 Oct 2006, 01:18   #18
Chef!
Domestic Diva

I have got to say there were not actually that many entries. I was quite suprised that more people didnt want to win a credit.

<Chef> recall my fleet?

Unread 14 Oct 2006, 01:19   #19
Phil^
Insomniac

nah, we get given a list of all the entrants. from those the pa reps nominate 5 they like and those nominations get turned into a shortlist for everyone to vote on
Unread 14 Oct 2006, 01:24   #20
Ver

oh well, can't demand that everybody likes the samme kind of graphics.

I know what I like, but unfortunatleh it's not visible in the entry's ... so I don't vote.
Unread 14 Oct 2006, 01:59   #21
Kris
UnderDogs HC

Kris is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maskaler
1:! banner looks very much like the 12:4 banner, i wonder which is the original
i made the banner for 1:1... the original was for 12:4 (my galaxy)
I always knew it would come to this,
Things have never been so swell,
I have never felt this ill"
- Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)
Kris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Oct 2006, 02:22   #22
Flamez
Just another n00b

Flamez is an unknown quantity at this point

hehe go Kris! #4 is kick ass!!

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/7124/flamezwp0.jpg
Flamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Oct 2006, 02:57   #23
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

Option 5 is my winner

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Oct 2006, 06:11   #24
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Travler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to all

I feel that option 1 needs to be disqualified. There is no credit given to the copyrighted material used from http://www.despair.com/. In fact you can view the original at http://www.despair.com/sacrifice.html.

These links are provided as proof only that Option 1 - Sacrifice should be disqualified.

John 3:21
But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God."
You're not the voice of Christianity di**head.

CT R22-20, [1up] R18-16, TGV R15,
The Illuminati - [NoS] - R14-13
Travler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Oct 2006, 09:16   #25
Zeke

Zeke is on a distinguished road

Yeah well there hasnt been much editing on this one, thats right, only he put coords in it...
Zeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Oct 2006, 09:21   #26
Judge
Doh!

Judge is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travler
I feel that option 1 needs to be disqualified. There is no credit given to the copyrighted material used from http://www.despair.com/. In fact you can view the original at http://www.despair.com/sacrifice.html.

These links are provided as proof only that Option 1 - Sacrifice should be disqualified.
Gotta agree, this is far from original work.
Judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Oct 2006, 10:34   #27
Kris
UnderDogs HC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil^
you arent missing out on that much tbh. Quite a lot of them were " galaxy coordinates over random funny internet image " with zero creativity having gone into them
i can imagine...
Unread 14 Oct 2006, 13:56   #28
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

who cares this early in the rd , if u want an original gal banner competition wait till end of rd when the gal banners get changed to include nicks and alliuance tags , so we have an actual competition for a gal banner and not a competition for who can find a funnypic using google

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Oct 2006, 15:19   #29
Zeke

Zeke is on a distinguished road

yeah good idea gzambo
Zeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Oct 2006, 15:37   #30
Ver

A realeh good banner should have room to add nicks and allies to the basic theme.

But a end of round competion would be nice
Unread 14 Oct 2006, 16:15   #31
jt25man
Victim of Marriage

jt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud of

I really think that Option one should be disqualified as it's not original material, just probably someone googled it. Also, #4 should really be disqualified, as I think the PA Team should resign itself to not enter the competition, they should let the players win.
Unread 14 Oct 2006, 16:28   #32
Kris
UnderDogs HC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt25man
I really think that Option one should be disqualified as it's not original material, just probably someone googled it. Also, #4 should really be disqualified, as I think the PA Team should resign itself to not enter the competition, they should let the players win.
i made #4... not the PA staff...
Unread 14 Oct 2006, 16:59   #33
coffee-
Beoyotch

coffee- is just really nicecoffee- is just really nicecoffee- is just really nicecoffee- is just really nice

I'm not a fan for any of them.
Unread 14 Oct 2006, 17:31   #34
hellbound
Pleb

hellbound is an unknown quantity at this point

Wowzers, ermm suppose I should have put some more effort into my entry #2. I didn’t realise how much attention would be paid to it though I’d like to add that I did not use anything but photoshopCS2 to create the banner, it was totally made from scratch which I doubt any of the others where. I think it would be a good idea to have another competition towards the end of the round. But yeh, cool, whatever. I think Kris’s is the best

-Peace out HB-

†hellbound†
hellbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Oct 2006, 17:38   #35
Lοki
God of Fire and Mischief

Lοki is a jewel in the roughLοki is a jewel in the roughLοki is a jewel in the rough

i like the 1:1 best.. the others vary from quite ok to shitty

the one I entered was better
Lοki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Oct 2006, 18:13   #36
Ver

I seen it, and I completly agree
Unread 14 Oct 2006, 19:19   #37
Death666
Im Back :)

Death666 is infamous around these partsDeath666 is infamous around these partsDeath666 is infamous around these partsDeath666 is infamous around these partsDeath666 is infamous around these partsDeath666 is infamous around these partsDeath666 is infamous around these parts

option 1 owned

RD13 - IRON|APA
RD14 - APA
RD15 - InSomnia|Violent Saints HC
RD19 - Subh|ROCK
RD20 - Insurrection|Solo
RD21 - LOST|Subh
RD22 - Subh DC
RD30 - Redemption
Death666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Oct 2006, 20:33   #38
Kris
UnderDogs HC

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellbound
Wowzers, ermm suppose I should have put some more effort into my entry #2. I didn’t realise how much attention would be paid to it though I’d like to add that I did not use anything but photoshopCS2 to create the banner, it was totally made from scratch which I doubt any of the others where. I think it would be a good idea to have another competition towards the end of the round. But yeh, cool, whatever. I think Kris’s is the best

-Peace out HB-
yo HB... i used Photoshop CS only
Unread 14 Oct 2006, 21:05   #39
Stoom
Bragpack™

Stoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond repute

#1 for me
Stoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Oct 2006, 22:42   #40
Insane0ne
Atheist

Insane0ne is infamous around these partsInsane0ne is infamous around these parts

#1 is unoriginal but best out of all
Insane0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Oct 2006, 01:30   #41
hellbound
Pleb

hellbound is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris
yo HB... i used Photoshop CS only
err yeh right mate I mean I created the whole thing from a blank document... I would be amazed if u made those cool space ships using photoshop only, I could make them using 3d max but is 4hours a ship worth a credit?

†hellbound†
hellbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Oct 2006, 02:18   #42
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

I don't like #4 for 1 reason. It puts forward 4 people out of a whole gal.
not my idea of what PA should be.
It brings the question of what is a good banner ? if it's only about fancy photoshop effects over a spaceship picture, it's kind of limited.
Anyway i think the banner competition should be about voting for actual banners, used on the current round. PA team would make a short list after browsing through the galaxies.
Unread 15 Oct 2006, 03:59   #43
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

these stink. I voted for #1 because someone outside of PA did it.
Unread 15 Oct 2006, 06:39   #44
jt25man
Victim of Marriage

jt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud of

I think one of the problems is maybe there should've been some actual rules, or at least have added a few guidelines, such as does the credit go to the person who made the banner, or the galaxy to which it is posted? Does it have to be original, or can you just copy something you think cool or apt? Obviously it's a little late to be asking these questions, I guess when I read a competition for making a cool banner I figured that they'd be original.
Unread 15 Oct 2006, 10:37   #45
Lοki
God of Fire and Mischief

Lοki is a jewel in the roughLοki is a jewel in the roughLοki is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makhil
It brings the question of what is a good banner ? if it's only about fancy photoshop effects over a spaceship picture, it's kind of limited.
apparently it is. Admittedly the 1:1 is quite fancy, but option #2 sucks imo. I think funny banners should be in there too. (Only the Sacrifice one is not there because of the gfx.)

Quote:
Anyway i think the banner competition should be about voting for actual banners, used on the current round.
Agree. It's not a picture competition, it's a gal banner competition. Thus gal banners should be entered. The pic should contain at least SOMETHING more than the original.

but I doubt there's gonna be a second voting... something for next time?
Lοki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Oct 2006, 11:22   #46
Ver

Hopefully!!!
Unread 15 Oct 2006, 13:17   #47
Chef!
Domestic Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Link
but I doubt there's gonna be a second voting... something for next time?
I was considering this but if only to prove you wrong i will have to now. Once the voting stops (sometime today) i'd like to see your suggestions as to how you would like to see next rounds galaxy banner competition run.

<Chef> recall my fleet?

Unread 15 Oct 2006, 14:03   #48
Kris
UnderDogs HC

i can't believe ppl are voting for that 2 mins worth of work... you know what i'm talking about... yes! #1! just cos it has a clever caption nicked from the net!... bah!
Unread 15 Oct 2006, 15:16   #49
wipz

crusie = hot but kris = hotter
#4 got my vote o/
Unread 15 Oct 2006, 20:57   #50
Flamez