User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 13 Oct 2006, 12:17   #1
Thrackan
NewDawn peon

Thrackan is a glorious beacon of lightThrackan is a glorious beacon of lightThrackan is a glorious beacon of lightThrackan is a glorious beacon of lightThrackan is a glorious beacon of light
Friday 13th on Planetarion: I know what you did last round...

“I know what you did last round” – a PA Friday 13th story (by myself).

It all started last round, when we were flourishing in the round, waging good war and getting good roids.
We had drunk somewhat too much that night, and Galaxy Status screens looked empty. Nothing going on, you would say.
We decided to pick a target, just for fun, and give him a good nights’ raid. All said and done, we launched and watched, laughing and drinking, while our ships and pods robbed the guy.
We left him for dead, and promised to each other we’d never talk about us bashing a newbie.

So there we are, one round later.
We’re back in the same alliance, building up easily and having fun. Our roids were expanding, planets growing and fleets increased like a blast.
Then, one night, I got a News message. I intercepted a Unit scan from unknown origin. Nothing special, but when I told my mates, they all said the same happened to them. You’d say we wouldn’t really stand out that much, our alliance membership was secret, and nobody even knew we were in league.

The next night, I found another intercepted scan. I was getting suspicious, so my fleet would stay at home, just in case. Suddenly, I saw screaming on IRC. I replied, but it was too late, my mate had already disconnected. Then, out of nothing, the topic changed:

“I know what you did last round…”

It was written in bright red bold letters.

In an instant, we locked the channel down, put it on invite only and kickbanned everyone we didn’t know. Imminent discussion followed, and the words fell:
“You don’t think it’s… that noob we bashed last round?

The words hit like a brick. Could it be? I quickly checked the Galaxy Status. Nothing there…

Then it hit me. News lighted up bright red. IRC flashed. I rushed to see what it was.
Windows gave me a blue screen. Reboot, come on, it was almost midnight, and if I needed to defend, I had to launch before the tick.
Computer back on, log in, start browser, PA.com, log in…

I had never seen this much red on the Galaxy Status. Well, at least not since then, but that was outgoing. And this all came from the same galaxy.

Coordinates 6:6, I looked it up, and there it was…
The galaxy banner displayed a screenshot, showing the galaxy status of the noob we bashed. I looked at the planets, they were all our last round names…
Then, I noticed the galaxy name: “I know what you did last round…”

The tick came. My eyes shot towards the Galaxy Status button. I clicked, nothing. A message. No, it was a news report. An attack report. How could it be that fast?
I started to sweat, watched my score. No change, but it could be updated next tick. Fleet, nothing…

It was gone. My entire fleet, worth 3 million in score, gone. In one tick. Not one drop of salvage.

IRC, I had to warn my mates. Entered the channel, but as I typed, I got kicked. Tried logging into P, incorrect username or password. I checked Planetarion again, incorrect username or password.

Windows Blue Screened on me again.
In the maze of words, my breath stopped as I saw bright red letters appear:

“I know what you did last round…”
Thrackan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Oct 2006, 14:50   #2
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place
Re: Friday 13th on Planetarion: I know what you did last round...

good for you
Unread 13 Oct 2006, 15:34   #3
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

good story
Unread 13 Oct 2006, 15:59   #4
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Squidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet society

Aah dude... that's awesome.
Squidly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Oct 2006, 16:41   #5
Error

Error is just really niceError is just really niceError is just really niceError is just really niceError is just really nice

cool story

Proud to have been ND
Error is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Oct 2006, 17:19   #6
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

Big thumbs up from me. You'd get the little thumbsup smily, but I don't know how

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Oct 2006, 17:22   #7
Chef!
Domestic Diva

Chef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to behold

hehe very good

<rext> chef recall your fleet m8 they going to fc u
<Chef> recall my fleet?
<Chef> ive not logged in for two days

Its Only Nasty, When Its Not True.
Chef! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Oct 2006, 17:31   #8
Stoom
Bragpack™

Stoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond repute

nice
Stoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Oct 2006, 17:50   #9
Timeline
Dreamer in Pit of Hell

Timeline is just really niceTimeline is just really niceTimeline is just really niceTimeline is just really nice

very nice

random n00b - r3 & 4
MoE - round 12
Rock - round 13, 14, 15, 16
Pragmatik - round 16
ToF - round 16
Subh - round 17
Pa Team - rounds 16, 17, 18, 19
awol ever since
Timeline is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Oct 2006, 18:16   #10
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Pretty good
Unread 14 Oct 2006, 22:51   #11
zokka

zokka has a spectacular aura aboutzokka has a spectacular aura aboutzokka has a spectacular aura about

Cool Story
zokka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Oct 2006, 23:25   #12
Mortal
Crazy fin

Mortal is an unknown quantity at this point

i know what u did last round

R14-17 - HR
R17-20 - Omen
R21 - Angels
R22 - Jenova
R23 - Exilition
R24 - Excessum
R25 - TGV
R26 - Denial
R27 - Vision
R28 - Carebears / Asc
R29 - Asc
R30 - Omen
R31 - Asc
R32 - Apprime
R33 - Apprime
R36 - Excessum
R38 - [NFI]
Mortal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Oct 2006, 23:32   #13
Insane0ne
Atheist

Insane0ne is infamous around these partsInsane0ne is infamous around these parts

very nice
Insane0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Oct 2006, 06:44   #14
jt25man
Victim of Marriage

jt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud of

It's a good story, I give thee a thumbs up.
Unread 15 Oct 2006, 15:51   #15
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

nice story

U ovi btw ?

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2006, 16:13   #16
Mighteh
Your typical Troll

Mighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these parts

good story.
----------------
let this serve us all as a reminder. Bashing newbies aint cool.
And an illustrated book about birds
See alot up there
But dont be scared
who needs action, when you got words....
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbg
reading this line is explicit acceptance of my superiority over you
Mighteh is offline   Reply With Quote