User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 21 Aug 2006, 18:14   #1
darthsuma

darthsuma is an unknown quantity at this point
is it true

is it true that i have too posts a thousand posts before i'm allowed an avatar.
if so i'm starting to post right away.

ps. if not please let me know.

pps. if it is I suggest thats changed a.s.a.p
darthsuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Aug 2006, 18:17   #2
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: is it true

darthsuma - you're not allowed to post like this. I suggest you delete this thread before someone else does.

Posts are expected to be constructive, and certainly not made just to increase post count. That's called spamming, and isn't allowed on these forums.

You're not allowed to have an avatar for a while for a reason. We trust our users in giving them avatars - and how can we trust them if they haven't been around for very long or proven themselves?
Unread 21 Aug 2006, 18:40   #3
darthsuma

this one is a legitmate sugg to change that rule so i can have my avatar .
i did delete the other post as requeted ...
Unread 21 Aug 2006, 18:53   #4
furball

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Why should you have an avatar?

It used to be the rule on the forums that only mods and PA-Team had avatars. This was relaxed to allow some posters to have avatars, but requirements were created to decide which posters should have them.

To be honest I don't think you have much chance of getting this changed. The forum is used by all ages and we can't trust new users to respect that.
Unread 21 Aug 2006, 18:54   #5
Mighteh
Your typical Troll

Mighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these parts

I also feel this raising lagitimate concerns about inability of recent posters use avatars.

Make up some more of your stupid rules on what should be considered avatars that are due to remove and if repeated offenece, ban users. But let us, peons, have some avatars. Not gonna make you any less special
And an illustrated book about birds
See alot up there
But dont be scared
who needs action, when you got words....
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbg
reading this line is explicit acceptance of my superiority over you
Mighteh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Aug 2006, 19:27   #6
darthsuma

well my avatar isn't that special but it's mine and I like it !

I dont mean or intend to start an insurrection . i just want my avatar as do many of the players / posters ,
and i agree that if they are rude they can be banned/ removed

surely people earn the respect of the community by posting sensible posts and not abusive or degrading or anything that breaks any of the rules ?
Unread 21 Aug 2006, 19:27   #7
darthsuma

why should I not have an avatar ?
Unread 21 Aug 2006, 19:43   #8
Chef!
Domestic Diva

Chef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to behold

Because when i only had 9 posts i wasnt allowed one either it is a cross we must bare. When you are as old and bitter as the rest of us then you will have your shiny avatar

<rext> chef recall your fleet m8 they going to fc u
<Chef> recall my fleet?
<Chef> ive not logged in for two days

Its Only Nasty, When Its Not True.
Chef! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Aug 2006, 22:48   #9
darthsuma

why be old and bitter, lets move on grow and change , embrace the future,
in these terms im obviously a revolutionary !
Unread 21 Aug 2006, 22:58   #10
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

-An image representing a user in a
multi-user virtual reality.

if you are going to post some silly cat playing ping pong to represent you, you dont need an avatar anyway.

Unread 21 Aug 2006, 23:52   #11
coffee-
Beoyotch

coffee- is just really nicecoffee- is just really nicecoffee- is just really nicecoffee- is just really nice

You dont need 1k posts.

You need 1k in total positive rep.

Post some quality posts, someone will pos rep you and you'll be on your way to getting an avatar.
Unread 22 Aug 2006, 00:04   #12
furball

http://pirate.planetarion.com/showpo...30&postcount=2

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
You can't until:

You have 1000 posts OR
You have 1000 rep points OR
You've been here for a year and have made 50 or more posts.
Unread 22 Aug 2006, 00:18   #13
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

i wat an avatar

i think i fit most of the criteria it specifies

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Aug 2006, 00:25   #14
furball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek
i wat an avatar

i think i fit most of the criteria it specifies
So go and add one

http://pirate.planetarion.com/profile.php?do=editavatar
Unread 22 Aug 2006, 02:56   #15
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Err, furbeh, i believe the minimum is 50 posts, not 1000 .

At least, that's what JJ said.
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Aug 2006, 13:11   #16
furball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate Newbie
Err, furbeh, i believe the minimum is 50 posts, not 1000 .

At least, that's what JJ said.
No he didn't. But we'll wait for him to give us a definition or something. Give it 6 months or so.
Unread 22 Aug 2006, 14:00   #17
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
No he didn't. But we'll wait for him to give us a definition or something. Give it 6 months or so.
Whoops!!

Its times like these when i just point to my username, and smile.
Unread 24 Aug 2006, 12:13   #18
TheShadowMan
Choice of Whacker sir?

TheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud of

nah not 1000 posts
Unread 24 Aug 2006, 12:33   #19
aestuos
No Alliance

aestuos is just really niceaestuos is just really niceaestuos is just really niceaestuos is just really nice

i think that 1000 pos rep is quite rediculous considering neg repping occurs when people disagree with you instead of posting a constructive comeback.

However i dont have illusions of graduer, id like an avatar but to be perfectly honest i can quite happily live without it, post some good posts and people will poss rep you , make junk threads like this and it will be harder.

To summarise let your posts to the talking not the "cool" avatar you might have good day

or not
aestuos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Sep 2006, 12:32   #20
Furious
SpamBot

Furious will become famous soon enoughFurious will become famous soon enough

Neg rep?? i got that for stating certain facts over a certain issue, and i get feedback saying "please be more positive"

Sure ill just go and change the facts so that they are smelling of roses for you!

Shouldnt be a basis for a constructive user...if i had loads of mates on here then they could spam me with posi rep surely?

btw i dont want/have an avatar...i just like putting in my 2quid

<TomKat> my signature is the greatest on the entire internet
Furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Sep 2006, 12:57   #21
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Oh, just for future reference, This Thread outlines what is required for having an avatar. This thread is beyond question; it is absolutely correct.

Thankyou.
Unread 19 Sep 2006, 13:15   #22
robban1

robban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate Newbie
Oh, just for future reference, This Thread outlines what is required for having an avatar. This thread is beyond question; it is absolutely correct.

Thankyou.

kinda gay rules that only make the circlejerk pos repping goons happy
robban1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Sep 2006, 13:20   #23
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Quote:
Originally Posted by robban1
kinda gay rules that only make the circlejerk pos repping goons happy
You dont need positive reputation in order to attain an avatar. Assuming you've read that thread, then there are other methods; namely:

Number of Posts = 1000
OR
When number of posts = 50 and reputation = 1000
OR
When number of posts = 50 and Days registered = 365

Thus; post more frequently, or be patient, or try to post better quality stuff and thus get some more pos rep and then set an avatar. Hell, if Chika` can get one then you can too!

Its not really *that* important.
Unread 19 Sep 2006, 14:23   #24
furball

Quote:
Originally Posted by aestuos
i think that 1000 pos rep is quite rediculous considering neg repping occurs when people disagree with you instead of posting a constructive comeback.
However, neg rep carries half the weight of pos rep - i.e. if your rep altering power is 10, your neg rep power is 5. It's really not that difficult to get to 1000 with decent quality posting over a few months.
Unread 20 Sep 2006, 12:06   #25
cisco
B0B's m8

cisco will become famous soon enoughcisco will become famous soon enough

I got one :crazyxmas:
Unread 20 Sep 2006, 12:31   #26
Jackie

Jackie has a spectacular aura aboutJackie has a spectacular aura aboutJackie has a spectacular aura about

Who cares about an avatar anyway :/

I kinda think this topic shouldnt even be here in 'Planetarion Suggestions'
Jackie is offline   Reply With Quote