User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Recruitment

Unread 4 Dec 2004, 12:34   #1
cycle o path

cycle o path is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Men Of Engaland in Round 13

Hi, my name is Tim, I am HC of the Men of England. I started Men of England in round 12 with two main aims. 1) To form an alliance which did not make huge demands on the time of it's members, hours on IRC, etc. 2) To give English players an alliance where we all speak the same native language and we can have our own sense of identity.

I had been in alliances in previous rounds in which most members where Scananavian. This made it very hard for me to join group chats and alliances attacks (easier now - thanks to delayed launching). Very quickly I had a lot of applications and a few weeks in to the round, we found ourselves up to 27th place but we had trouble with inactives. Despite this problem, we managed to put together some reasonable attacks. I have now weeded out all the inactive members and we have dropped to 40th place with 8 members. These 8 members are all active players in terms of their own planets, their galaxies and the alliance, despite the fact that for some, this is their first round. This is excatly the type of player that Men of England needs.

MoE has grown up and changed. We are still not looking to be a serious competetor for the top slot, demanding most of your waking hours, but we will be expecting a presence on IRC (we will help new players learn how to use it.)

Next round, I am looking to get at least 30 active members, and organise bigger, better and more frequent attacks. Are you interested in being a member of an growing, active alliance? Read below to see if you are what we are looking for and for details of what to write in your application.

Members should be English and preferably with some experience of the game, noobs are welcome but I will not wait long before kicking out inactives.

We do not demand hours and hours of your time but we do need our members to be online at least twice every day, checking the alliance boards every time that they are online.

It would be great to get some English members who are living elsewhere in the world, so that we can work better defensively.

We already have two HC's in place for next round but the roles of BC and PR are not yet given out. We will be looking to have at least two of each.

Last round I had several applications in which the applicant had not even bothered to fill in the message section. These applications do not give the impression of keeness and activity, they will not be accepted. Please include in your message, where you live (your county or nearest city will do), what previous experience you have (previous alliances, alliance role, galaxy role, etc), and if you want to be BC or PR.

Thank you for reading this and I hope to see you in the Men of England next round.
cycle o path is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Dec 2004, 20:21   #2
Assassin
PA Ancient

Assassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant future
Re: Men Of Engaland in Round 13

Well gud luck

Ever been attacked by a p3nguin? You get left a bit black and white!

p3nguin Founder
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Dec 2004, 22:43   #3
cycle o path

Thank you.
Unread 5 Dec 2004, 12:49   #4
Erinyes
Unforgiven Sin Founder

Erinyes is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luc cycle o path. I'm sure you'll do well next round

Gate, leave the guy alone. Where in his post does it say he's BNP? If it was an alliance for germans would he be a Nazi? Anyone who things like that is very narrowminded.
Erinyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Dec 2004, 13:25   #5
fizzyxl
SiN

fizzyxl is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree Gate, that was a tad harsh.

Right, Cycle..
I am the HC of another British run Alliance called G.O.A.T. This round we made it to 23rd so far, and our member count is on the rise still.

My advise is dont try and create a british only alliance. It holds very few benefits. With multi nations you can get around the clock defence, attacks at different times and some cultural knowledge.

Of course you are more than welcome to continue to try and run a English only alliance, but it does make you an easy war target, as you can work out most likely times to be ofline (ie night).

Good luck in the future.
fiz.
fizzyxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Dec 2004, 08:54   #6
cycle o path

Thank you mate, I have thought about letting in people other than just English but for now I decided to keep it this way. The future depends on how this round goes, we will see...

I was really impressed with G.O.A.T by the way, I watched you arrive behind us and march straight up the rankings, leaving us in your wake, good work!
Unread 7 Dec 2004, 02:27   #7
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Men Of England in Round 13

alliances based from a single country are usually not such a good idea though.
you'll just get raped during the time most of your ally is asleep.
gl anyway though

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Dec 2004, 14:50   #8
Relisys

Relisys is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello people,

thanks for your responses to cycles posts...apart from Gate [quote]noob
Anyways, we are just looking to have fun, this round has given us alot of positives and negatives but the only way to get better is learning from your mistakes which we have.
We are very open minded people who consider all opinions and very much appreciate the response we are getting atm.
I am going on a bit, but to all those who took part this round, I hope its been fun, sure I've been ass raped a few times, but it comes with the territory, next round will be the rise of MOE watch this space
Unread 9 Dec 2004, 19:46   #9
Loz
Careless talk costs lives

Loz has a spectacular aura aboutLoz has a spectacular aura aboutLoz has a spectacular aura about

Best of luck - I hope to see you doing well in Round 13.
[19:13] <Keglomaniac> whats wrong with our intel?
[19:13] <bos|takeaway> its a contradiction in terms
Loz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Dec 2004, 15:46   #10
macros69
Um....... Macros

macros69 is an unknown quantity at this point

yeh good luck guys revolution is new to so we are going through everything your expeirancing. I personnally wouldnt do a english members only but its your choice you will just not be able to go to sleep at night ....lol like me.

Men of England wish you the best of luck you wanna come speak to me ne time about nething #nnrvn is the place.

Last edited by JC; 14 Dec 2004 at 16:18.
macros69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Dec 2004, 16:03   #11
arbondigo

arbondigo is a jewel in the rougharbondigo is a jewel in the rougharbondigo is a jewel in the rougharbondigo is a jewel in the rough

Any reports from members of Men of England on how your round has gone? Would be interesting to see how you've got on assuming that all your members are English defence wise, or whether you've accepted from other countries.

Last edited by JC; 14 Dec 2004 at 16:19.
arbondigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Dec 2004, 16:23   #12
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I've edited a couple of posts in here to get rid of the childish remarks having a go at the Men of England alliance. Sorry its taken a while to clear up but it seems AR has been lacking a dedicated mod for a while and so i've been asked to come back from my 6 month or so retirement as a forum mod/admin to keep an eye on you lot again.

I'll take this opportunity to kindly ask those that seem to have been spamming and bumping threads on AR recently to put a stop to it.

Anyways, enough about me. Good luck Men of England. Its never easy starting an alliance in PA, especially in these times when numbers are especially low. I cant help but feel restricting yourself to only English players might be shooting yourselves in the foot in terms of the number of players you can attract but i respect you for giving it a go. If you have an IRC channel it would be useful to mention it so anyone interested can go along and chat to you, and if you dont have an IRC channel i recommend you hurry up and get one .
Unread 14 Dec 2004, 16:55   #13
macros69
Um....... Macros

macros69 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeh JC weldone for moderating the forums but i hope you mailed Gate to tell him to wise up
macros69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Dec 2004, 17:48   #14
Relisys

Relisys is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you all for the response, we will update thsi thread soon to let you know how we're getting on
Unread 15 Dec 2004, 17:21   #15
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

JC just brought my attention to this thread with a mail... I don't remember making any such post that you're going on about, and I guess it was either alternate personality (Unlikely, No1 would wanna share a head with me ) someone on my account (small possibility, I've left PC logged into PA and PA forums downstairs whilst getting ready to go out with mates nearby several times), or I was drunk (Most probably ).

I apologise for any insult.
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Dec 2004, 01:19   #16
cycle o path

Thank you, apology accepted.
Unread 30 Dec 2004, 22:35   #17
cycle o path

BIG ANNOUNCEMENT...

We have decided to accept anyone for whom English is their native language, this way we can get defensive cover round the clock. Along with this change of policy comes a change of name...

Next round, we will be called 'The Union'
Unread 23 Jan 2005, 22:28   #18
cycle o path

I have decided that I will not be part of 'The Union' in r13. I have an opportunity to go elsewhere and I have taken it.

Those who are members - feel free to carry on with the alliance if you want, I leave it up to you.
Unread 24 Jan 2005, 00:46   #19
Waku
a simple pe0n

Waku has a little shameless behaviour in the past

bad news :-(

#newdawn

Don't Trust Anyone

Proud to have served with the guys of 2:10 in PaX

We are the Elysium Support Center
Waku is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Feb 2005, 15:34   #20
madman2k30III

madman2k30III can only hope to improve

im welsh give me your alliance members co-ords so i can destroy them. lets end the english/ wales,scottish and irish rivalry iin r13
madman2k30III is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Feb 2005, 17:55   #21
hells
Ex F-Crew HC

hells is an unknown quantity at this point

mate we ended that when we won the rugby world cup, deal with it :P

rd 12 [F-Crew] P30n
rd 13 part 1 [F-Crew] DC
rd 13 part 2 LCH DC
rd 13 part 3 [F-Crew] HC
rd 14 [F-Crew] HC
rd 15 [F-Crew] HC
rd 16 [F-Crew] P30n!
hells is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Feb 2005, 18:10   #22
Chef!
Domestic Diva

Chef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by hells
mate we ended that when we won the rugby world cup, deal with it :P
rugby is pooh, this is something which all must understand

<rext> chef recall your fleet m8 they going to fc u
<Chef> recall my fleet?
<Chef> ive not logged in for two days

Its Only Nasty, When Its Not True.
Chef! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Feb 2005, 18:11   #23
hells