User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Recruitment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 20 Sep 2003, 21:36   #1
Lichtenstein

Lichtenstein is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation New alliance(plz read)

Looking to start a new alliance, nothing big or fancy just something collect groups of friends to defend attack and generally have fun, possibly lead to more. Pm me if interested
Unread 21 Sep 2003, 22:35   #2
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future
generally anyone thinking of starting a new alliance needs a few things, irc channels public and private, website and Hc and officers and obviously members .

rather than trying to start an alliance from scratch it might be better to try join and established alliance , however if you prefer to start your own alliance u will need those things i mentioned above

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Sep 2003, 09:45   #3
Lichtenstein

Lichtenstein is an unknown quantity at this point
Yea, im gonna be looking to just find a co foudner right now and recruit the hc so I can hand pick the HC myself and therefore there will not be any fallouts between hc and members and me etc, and then after that websites and rooms will be built
Unread 22 Sep 2003, 10:21   #4
Rommel

Rommel is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Lichtenstein
Yea, im gonna be looking to just find a co foudner right now and recruit the hc so I can hand pick the HC myself and therefore there will not be any fallouts between hc and members and me etc, and then after that websites and rooms will be built
Read the sticky on how to make the thread more appealing. Re-write it, delete this thread and start a new one.
Rommel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Sep 2003, 14:15   #5
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
In early rounds (round 1 in particular) it was easy to start a new alliance from scratch and have success but I really dont think thats possible now. If you look at most of the alliances from r2 onwards that have had some success most have developed out of existing alliances and if your after success I would say this is a route you should maybe look at.

Go find a current alliance willing to take you under its wing for a round or so. In such a situation your new alliance would be little more than a wing of the main alliance but youd have a significant level of control over it while having experiance and resources to call upon while your trying to get established. This can be vital imho becuase one of the main problems for alliances trying to establish themselves can be keeping hold of members, to grow members have to stay but while growing you probally dont have the resources to fight off the bigger alliances.

When your then ready to go it alone you can break away and go it alone. However you now should have the structure, the knowledge and importantly a allie which starting from scratch youd be missing.

You also remove alot of the 'guilt' that often comes when you start to think it was a mistake and uts not going to take off. All too often you start the alliance, relaise its not going to work or its not something you want to do but due to the loyal members you have you dont want to give up as they would be left in the lurch. With such a system you have time to see if its something youd be willing to do and if it has a chance for it to work and if it turns out not to you can disband knowing your members have somewhere they can goto.

The problem you have with this is finding an alliance willing to do it and one that will work for you.

The obvious choice would be a top alliance but its doubtful that many would undertake such a task. Even those who would there could be problems. First the HC might not have the time to give you the aid you need, after all alot of these top alliances are aiming to win the round and are focused soley on their own progress and not others. You might also find alot of these alliance may not let you join their ingame alliance systems due to the size limit they impose, while 150 is fairly big some alliance may not want to risk your members preventing recruitment of their own.

However you also dont want to go too far down the list, they simply dont have the firepower to be much help and tbh are often lacking in experiance. As i'm sure anyoen whos been around a few rounds will know alot of these smaller alliances are led by people who can talk a good game and come off as good leaders but all too often know very little about the game.

The Trick is finding an alliance who have the experiance, time, resources and eagerness to enable your alliance to get the start it needs
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Sep 2003, 17:31   #6
Chef!
Domestic Diva

Chef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by wakey
all that stuff wakka just said
wow look at the hamstah go! Totally correct though wakey i feel.

<rext> chef recall your fleet m8 they going to fc u
<Chef> recall my fleet?
<Chef> ive not logged in for two days

Its Only Nasty, When Its Not True.
Chef! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Sep 2003, 17:25   #7
Yan-Je

Yan-Je is an unknown quantity at this point
Hmmm. Yes those were quite right Wakey. The chance of success by starting a new alliance nowadays is very little. However, it never hurts to try (dun take my word for it, some things actually hurts alot to try ). Anyway, Irc server, netgamers chan, alliance website, alliance-structur, appointing of commanders and officers, recruitment..... they are not easy tasks (the first 3 may be easy to establish).
You'll need alot of determination and hard work to start a new alliance. But if u do decide to go ahead with it, just wish ya the best of lucks. I agree you'd be better off joining an alliance and forming a new wing (that also takes alot of time). Nofin is easy these days.

Yan-Je is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Sep 2003, 19:23   #8
RexDrax
Knightly Protector

RexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of light
If you are new to the game and dont have a "name" or any backing then yeah you would need to make up for it by having nice tools and other vital stats.

However if you already have a nice group of folks behind you, then you dont necessarily need any sort of huge infrastructure. Back in round 8 when Plush came to be (a Battlegroup and not Alliance) we didnt really have any forums. What we did have is access to arbiters to make sure we dont hit any friendlies and a website that had our own bcalc as well as Plush rules. We used primarily netgamers for IRC and then switched to Titans IRC server. Overall we managed quite well with a lose infrastructure so it is possible, but for that to happen you need all members to be at a certain skill level and being able to do most/all the jobs that would be required in an alliance.

Also keep in mind that Plush was a BG and not an Alliance. Initally things where managable, but when we grew we did have to have more infrastructure too. So if the alliance your planning on starting is smalle, 20-30 people then you can get away with less infrastructure, but the more members you have the more infrastructure you will need.

-RexDrax

Est Sularus oth Mithas
My Honour is My Life, My Life is My Honour
RexDrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Sep 2003, 22:53   #9
Haven
ROCK on

Haven is an unknown quantity at this point
It is all very easy to say I want to start an alliance, but it is hard work and requires a LOT of time being an alliance hc. Yes, you need a good support staff, and working well together is paramount. I would suggest that you might want to start smaller, form a battle group, get a great network of core people together, and find out how you work together. Like you mentioned, you can hand pick the people and hopefully choose well .This will give you a chance to see your weaknesses. This also allows members to stay with their established alliances and makes it easier for them to be covered, this way your bg/to be alliance has a chance to grow without straining your membership. Then if pa has a round 11 you are somewhat established and ready to start some serious recruitment.

The wing ideal has also been show to work before, but you need some great alliance hc willing to work with you.

gl

Haven
Haven is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Sep 2003, 11:26   #10
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Good to see people still make constructive posts on here while i'm away .

Lichtenstein - listen to what the above coulpe of posters have said (especially Wakey) as its all good advice.
Unread 24 Sep 2003, 13:19   #11
Chef!
Domestic Diva

Chef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by JC
Lichtenstein - listen to what the above coulpe of posters have said (especially Wakey) as its all good advice.
first time anyone's advised people to listen to wakey :P

<rext> chef recall your fleet m8 they going to fc u
<Chef> recall my fleet?
<Chef> ive not logged in for two days

Its Only Nasty, When Its Not True.
Chef! is offline   Reply With Quote