User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 15 Sep 2006, 09:27   #1
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Question about joining the Beta

Its not, its just me, but I knew that would get your attention.

Anyway is there some sort of beta I can play while at work?
Unread 15 Sep 2006, 10:41   #2
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: God its a girl!

Title your threads correctly in future.

Try #beta . If you arent still permitted to be there, let me know and i'll n00b someone, when i get back from cards tonight/tomorrow .
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Sep 2006, 11:21   #3
newt
Banned

newt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud of

This seems like a good place to do this.

Appocomaster - why am I not in #beta?! Haven't been there since I got banned by spinner.... think its time to get me back
newt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Sep 2006, 11:28   #4
Ace
PA Team

Ace is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newt

Appocomaster - why am I not in #beta?! Haven't been there since I got banned by spinner.... think its time to get me back
Think you will give up in beta too
#multihunters
----------------------------
Former HC - Conspiracy Theory -
- Proud to have served as -
- High Commander and CEO -
[]LCH[] ...lets change history
Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Sep 2006, 11:32   #5
newt
Banned

newt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud of

I probably will do. But I promise I'll give a big list of reasons why I quit - and hence constructively improve planetarion. Thats what beta is about after all or is it only about ship stats? dunno, always just treated them as speed rounds in the past.
Unread 15 Sep 2006, 11:38   #6
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate Newbie
Title your threads correctly in future.
Think of the Comedy from the thread title. THINK OF THE COMEDY!

Quote:
Try #beta . If you arent still permitted to be there, let me know and i'll n00b someone, when i get back from cards tonight/tomorrow .
I wasnt too clear here, I can't actually get on irc :crymeariver: however I can be active on the forums which is but I just want to pass the time and test. Plus if people have issues with me attacking etc they can pm me on the forums <3

So ya can someone pm the link to beta so I can destroy some spaceships and shit. Although the link may be blocked, so this thread could be comically useless.
Unread 15 Sep 2006, 11:52   #7
Ace
PA Team

Ace is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
I probably will do. But I promise I'll give a big list of reasons why I quit - and hence constructively improve planetarion. Thats what beta is about after all or is it only about ship stats? dunno, always just treated them as speed rounds in the past.
Its to find bugs in the new code and testing stats.
And your last remark is the reason I think your not in closed beta , it's NOT a speedround
#multihunters
Unread 15 Sep 2006, 11:54   #8
Ace
PA Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
Think of the Comedy from the thread title. THINK OF THE COMEDY!

So ya can someone pm the link to beta so I can destroy some spaceships and shit. Although the link may be blocked, so this thread could be comically useless.
Its a closed beta atm with username/password on the pages so it's no use to ask for the url atm.

Once your on IRC I think PMing a PA team member might help a lot they can add you to beta if needed.
#multihunters
Unread 15 Sep 2006, 11:58   #9
pig
1up on you

Re: Question about joining the Beta

Closed betas are good

pa team

renaming this thread title

Technicallity though is I cant get on irc...;/
Unread 15 Sep 2006, 12:00   #10
Ace
PA Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
Closed betas are good

pa team

renaming this thread title

Technicallity though is I cant get on irc...;/
I asked appocco he said PM him once you get on irc.
The beta is not running atm so no hurry.
#multihunters
Unread 15 Sep 2006, 13:14   #11
pig
1up on you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace
I asked appocco he said PM him once you get on irc.
The beta is not running atm so no hurry.
coolio <3

I'm sure I can manage to hit irc sometime this weekend.
Unread 15 Sep 2006, 16:10   #12
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

are they using my stats in beta yet
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Sep 2006, 16:37   #13
Marv
Jazz Man

Marv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the rough

The Beta is invite only.

Asking to join is a good way to not get in.

Ex ROCK HC & PA Team Head of Support.
Marv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Sep 2006, 16:39   #14
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

seems to have worked for pig!
Unread 15 Sep 2006, 16:49   #15
Benneh
Non directed and witty

Benneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet society

so if i make a thread i get to play beta too?
Benneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Sep 2006, 01:00   #16
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Wait, they aren't letting you play?! Thats criminal! you cna't have a beta without Benneh, its like sandwiches without bread
_Kila_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Sep 2006, 13:33   #17
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace
Its a closed beta atm with username/password on the pages so it's no use to ask for the url atm.

Once your on IRC I think PMing a PA team member might help a lot they can add you to beta if needed.
tried that , didnt work

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Sep 2006, 16:07   #18
robban1

robban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv
The Beta is invite only.

so you guys omly invite guys who thinks the stats is ace and are good at lick ass? hardly the best way to get any creative development of the game :/
robban1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Sep 2006, 17:58   #19
DeLoS
Milan-fan

DeLoS is on a distinguished road

Quote:

You should be banned from everywhere tbfh.

Titans, 1up
Former Ascendant
DeLoS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Sep 2006, 18:22   #20
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

Quote:
The Beta is invite only.

should someone from each of the top 20 alliances not have a rep in the beta to ensure impartiality

-Rommel
Unread 16 Sep 2006, 18:28   #21
Chef!
Domestic Diva

Chef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzambo
should someone from each of the top 20 alliances not have a rep in the beta to ensure impartiality
There is actually a private alliance channel where two reps from every alliance and the PA Team are together. The people in this channel were invited by Marv.

<rext> chef recall your fleet m8 they going to fc u
<Chef> recall my fleet?
<Chef> ive not logged in for two days

Its Only Nasty, When Its Not True.
Chef! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Sep 2006, 18:30   #22
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef!
There is actually a private alliance channel where two reps from every alliance and the PA Team are together. The people in this channel were invited by Marv.
which probably explains why i didnt get the invite

Ps im in that channel

-Rommel
Unread 16 Sep 2006, 19:04   #23
qebab
The Original Carebear

qebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
The Beta is invite only.

Yeah it's way better just to use those who don't really have any wish to contribute and just get contacted halfarse their betaplaying instead. Seems like a great system if you ask me!

(But then you didn't, so it's okay)

Oh crap, I might be back. I should take my own advice.
qebab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Sep 2006, 20:07   #24
Timeline
Dreamer in Pit of Hell

Timeline is just really niceTimeline is just really niceTimeline is just really niceTimeline is just really nice

the beta was made invite only due to the abuse which occured last round, by which i mean people treating it as a free speedgame and not using it to find the coding bugs etc.

random n00b - r3 & 4
MoE - round 12
Rock - round 13, 14, 15, 16
Pragmatik - round 16
ToF - round 16
Subh - round 17
Pa Team - rounds 16, 17, 18, 19
awol ever since
Timeline is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Sep 2006, 20:25   #25
robban1

robban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeline
the beta was made invite only due to the abuse which occured last round, by which i mean people treating it as a free speedgame and not using it to find the coding bugs etc.

well if ppl treat it as a free speedo and play "for real" you get a better stress test of the stats. finding bugs? yeah right, in what code?

you guys are boring ppl producing boring stats, no wonder pa dies :/
Unread 16 Sep 2006, 21:42   #26
newt
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeLoS
You should be banned from everywhere tbfh.
Its ok, I've self-imposed a ban on myself from every channel (apart from one <3) to try and avoid contact with as many inanely shit people like yourself as possible. Seems to be working now jupp's stopped inviting you in every so often.
Unread 16 Sep 2006, 22:00   #27
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

bwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond repute

As if Newt's from blackburn \o/
Unread 16 Sep 2006, 22:33   #28
newt
Banned

Don't tell me you're from Blackburn too??!
Unread 17 Sep 2006, 07:27   #29
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by robban1
so you guys omly invite guys who thinks the stats is ace and are good at lick ass? hardly the best way to get any creative development of the game :/
You obviously dont have a clue as to what you are talking about. If you happen to achieve enlightenment and attain something along the lines of 'creative development', may i direct you to the Suggestions Forum. This is where ideas can be outlined, explored, developed into a form worthy of implementation, rather than some ad hoc basis through a beta.

Betas are for two things; making sure stuff that *has* changed this round is coded correctly and thus works first time, every time, and to see how much appoco has buggered stuff up (<3). It has a secondary objective, imo a more distant second, of highlighting major flaws in the Ship Stats - however properly done ship stats wouldnt display any major flaws in a speed-like environment anyway.

Quote:
well if ppl treat it as a free speedo and play "for real" you get a better stress test of the stats. finding bugs? yeah right, in what code?
I've just kinda addressed this, but alas your additional comment has done nothing in my eyes except highlight you as a moron. Finding bugs in the code is the #1 priority of beta testers. Or at least, should be. That involves clicking every link, pushing every button, inserting every number or symbol into every box. doing everything that actually *can* be done in the game, just to see if anything breaks. Particular attention, obviously, should be placed on the areas that change between rounds. If people who were beta testers actually did this more often, then flaws in the code such as ordering -ve numbers or fractions of a ship would result in breaking the game, would have been detected during the beta stage and NOT through the middle of a round. Obviously, people who are willing to do this sort of testing, rather than "winning" the beta, are desireable - and those who have shown or seem to show this willingness will be accepted into the programme.

Having said that, i personally believe that there is *some* scope for testing the game in the same fashion as it would during a normal round - eg, to "win" - however, this shouldnt be the point, as if everyone tried to win then only the course(s) of action that are most obviously going to achieve victory will be tested; eg researching Roids #1 is going to be tested more than researching PDS as #1. etc.

Quote:
you guys are boring ppl producing boring stats, no wonder pa dies :/
If you want to whinge about the stats, then build some of your own. Post them on the Strategy forum, and if/when i get the time, i will explore them with an open mind. The more holes your stats have, though, the more likely i am to think you are a moron (if that were possible, given your posts in this thread already).
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Sep 2006, 09:43   #30
jerome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate Newbie
You obviously dont have a clue as to what you are talking about. If you happen to achieve enlightenment and attain something along the lines of 'creative development', may i direct you to the Suggestions Forum. This is where ideas can be outlined, explored, developed into a form worthy of implementation, rather than some ad hoc basis through a beta.
shame that forum is more or less ignored :|

Quote:
If you want to whinge about the stats, then build some of your own. Post them on the Strategy forum, and if/when i get the time, i will explore them with an open mind. The more holes your stats have, though, the more likely i am to think you are a moron (if that were possible, given your posts in this thread already).
done! the stats being used are infinitely tedious and so on the pateam are idiots and shit people afraid of change etc etc
(note this is not due to them not using my stats but due to not even IMPROVING THE GAME IN ANY WAY with regards to the stats as they are still as linear and ****ing bland as the past 2 years or so)
Unread 17 Sep 2006, 09:46   #31
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerome
shame that forum is more or less ignored :|
I read it and reply to it regularly and where a change is directly relevant to changes for the coming round I poke Appoco to the thread.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Sep 2006, 09:58   #32
jerome

sorry, a better word would be pointless, due to the lack of coding time
Unread 17 Sep 2006, 10:47   #33
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

jer is hungover and grumpy
Unread 17 Sep 2006, 11:53   #34
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

but yet, his point remains valid :shockhorror:
Unread 17 Sep 2006, 12:22   #35
Timeline
Dreamer in Pit of Hell

Timeline is just really niceTimeline is just really niceTimeline is just really niceTimeline is just really nice

jerome et all...if you want to berate the team again because they are not using your stats, please use the other threads you have started. This thread is about the beta and its testers, please stick on topic and not ruin a thread (bar 1 or 2 comments) which has stayed relevant and civil

random n00b - r3 & 4
MoE - round 12
Pragmatik - round 16
ToF - round 16
Subh - round 17
awol ever since
Unread 17 Sep 2006, 15:55   #36
robban1

#Strategy ; #Support - Sovereign

well with the amount of ppl in support its kinda weird how little you guys do to the ppl asking about help about stuff. so i take it you guys are the pa-team asskissing crew^^ no wonder nothing happens gg

and i find it intresting how fast jerome's stats got ignored and beta continues with shitstats as usual
Unread 17 Sep 2006, 16:08   #37
Timeline
Dreamer in Pit of Hell

Quote:
well with the amount of ppl in support its kinda weird how little you guys do to the ppl asking about help about stuff. so i take it you guys are the pa-team asskissing crew^^ no wonder nothing happens gg

can i ask what your basis is for that comment? Everyday the people in the support team answer questions and queries to the best of their abilities and knowledge. If they dont know an answer or cant assist due to it not actually being a support issue then they refer to someone who can help.

For you to jump to a conclusion like you have robban is, tbh, offensive to all the people who give up their free time to help members of the community enjoy the game.

random n00b - r3 & 4
MoE - round 12
Pragmatik - round 16
ToF - round 16
Subh - round 17
awol ever since
Unread 17 Sep 2006, 16:17   #38
Marv
Jazz Man

Marv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
#Strategy ; #Support - Sovereign

and i find it intresting how fast jerome's stats got ignored and beta continues with shitstats as usual
I don't see your name on the list of people coming forward and help out.

I don't see your name on the beta list.

You always seem happy to complain about what you are not involved with or not trying to help out in yourself. Intresting that isn't it.

Ex ROCK HC & PA Team Head of Support.
Marv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Sep 2006, 16:39   #39
jerome

fine, let us run the game for the next round and you all quit and let's see who is the better pateam!

by us i probably mean someone other than me as all i really want is PEOPLE TO MAKE THIS SHIT GAME MORE INTERESTING! and not just worry about how their little shitty cosy ass internet job is
Unread 17 Sep 2006, 16:44   #40
Timeline
Dreamer in Pit of Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerome
fine, let us run the game for the next round and you all quit and let's see who is the better pateam!

by us i probably mean someone other than me as all i really want is PEOPLE TO MAKE THIS SHIT GAME MORE INTERESTING! and not just worry about how their little shitty cosy ass internet job is

once again i state can we please get back on topic as this is to do with beta...not flaming the pa team...you have made your view perfectly clear jerome and i respect that..but for the final time i ask you to stop turning all threads into anti pa team propeganda.

random n00b - r3 & 4
MoE - round 12
Pragmatik - round 16
ToF - round 16
Subh - round 17
awol ever since
Unread 17 Sep 2006, 16:48   #41
jerome

propaganda?!?

ok then question: how do you choose who plays betas?

this isn't meant to be flammatory i was just curious, when i was in there i felt more argumentative and honest people needed their presence too instead of seemingly yes-men, thanks to myk for initially getting me in there though!
Unread 17 Sep 2006, 16:52   #42
Timeline
Dreamer in Pit of Hell

Invite to beta is at the behest of the development team. If someone is suggested to them by a member of the pa group or a beta tester then 2nd and 3rd opinions on said nominee are obtained b4 a decision is made.

Please note that this is for this round, and for future rounds the decision process most likely will be different.

random n00b - r3 & 4
MoE - round 12
Pragmatik - round 16
ToF - round 16
Subh - round 17
awol ever since
Unread 17 Sep 2006, 17:24   #43
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeline

Please note that this is for this round, and for future rounds the decision process most likely will be different.

Again with this inconsistency.. I'd like for once to see a Pa team with some actual consistency instead of this wobbly attitude.
Unread 17 Sep 2006, 17:30   #44
Timeline
Dreamer in Pit of Hell

Actually kargool it is like this because of the abuse of the beta testing last round, and as far as i have been made aware making beta an invite only issue was a recent decision.
By next beta fixed criteria will hopefully be met and a consistent approach to testing will be attained

random n00b - r3 & 4
MoE - round 12
Pragmatik - round 16
ToF - round 16
Subh - round 17
awol ever since
Unread 17 Sep 2006, 18:02   #45
newt
Banned

The planetarion hierarchy is going down the same line as the english government is - full of liberal pansies that think what they're doing is the right morale/ethical choice (eg, banning funny, but rude, gal pics). When in fact all they're doing is ruining the country / pa We need more Enoch Powells in this world.
Unread 17 Sep 2006, 18:45   #46
Assassin
PA Ancient

Assassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant future

Quote:
The planetarion hierarchy is going down the same line as the english government is - full of liberal pansies that think what they're doing is the right morale/ethical choice (eg, banning funny, but rude, gal pics). When in fact all they're doing is ruining the country / pa We need more Enoch Powells in this world.
Banning funny and rude gal pics? Now forgive me if im wrong, but look back in PA history. Did you see LDK, ViruS, Legion, Fury and all the other great alliances with some of the best graphics i have ever saw have to resort to funny but rude gal pics? Instead they sat down and of course used there skills to create some great banners. Seems this 'new' community cant do that these days.

So personaly i dont see that as a good example. If the community think thats better having rude pics, compared to the old skool days then perhaps these rules are needed. But anyway thats going off topic there a little bit just wanted to make my point.

Ever been attacked by a p3nguin? You get left a bit black and white!

p3nguin Founder
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Sep 2006, 18:56   #47
newt
Banned

Those gal pics were awesome, graphically. But then what would you rather watch on tv? the simpsons or a documentary on the louvre?

And besides, you really claiming that "funny, rude" gal pics weren't about pre-r9? of course they were. Just not by the top galaxies/players (there is more to the planetarion playerbase than those simply in the top alliances incase you didn't know). Would spinner and co ever have banned them? no.

Anyhow, I added that as one of very many examples since it was the easiest to mention - and best protrays, in my opinion, the evergrowing shitness in the pa hierarchy.
Unread 17 Sep 2006, 19:53   #48
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
The planetarion hierarchy is going down the same line as the english government is - full of liberal pansies that think what they're doing is the right morale/ethical choice
Newt dude - look at your signature and then enter the conversation blaming PA team for trying to control/limit who has access in the beta

It's always been like this - the beta starts off with very few numbers and as the round approaches more people are allowed in, so that bugs etc can be ironed it.

The problem simply is that PA players are competitive, even in betas. So won't be looking to fix the problems or report them. More often than not, they'll exploit them and then the team will have to find out what happened.

THAT'S why they want to control who has access and who doesn't. Because there are too many morons around who can't win normal rounds, so treat betas as speedrounds
Unread 17 Sep 2006, 20:04   #49
newt
Banned

huh? this thread is about betas? oops. Does anyone really give a damn about those? :s And I only abused the beta that time because Mitre said it'd be the last time he'd ever 'play' - so I thought "oh shit, I'd better better beat him for once". And tbfh, it takes skill to run 3 accounts in 1min ticks

You misspelt skill dude

Last edited by JC; 17 Sep 2006 at 20:44.
Unread 17 Sep 2006, 21:17   #50
robban1

Quote:
I don't see your name on the list of people coming forward and help out.

I don't see your name on the beta list.

You always seem happy to complain about what you are not involved with or not trying to help out in yourself. Intresting that isn't it.
1. well you can just as well have "rtfm or pm appoco" as topic in #support eod

2. like you guys gonna invite me to the beta testing like ever um dont think so as i dont brownnose

3. for a head support guy and pa-team member. you do crappy posts dude, cudos to that