User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 8 Sep 2006, 13:12   #1
Fr0sten
Fear - HC

Fr0sten is infamous around these partsFr0sten is infamous around these partsFr0sten is infamous around these partsFr0sten is infamous around these partsFr0sten is infamous around these partsFr0sten is infamous around these parts
Exclamation Planetarion Trivia - Credits.

An Appology for everyone is in order.

I cannot run #Trivia because VikMan has P registered the channel therefor I cannot run the contest.

I have tried to reason with him but he said quote.

[18:47] <Fr0sten> last time i checked...
[18:47] <Fr0sten> my trivia bot was in the channel
[18:47] <Fr0sten>
[18:48] <Fr0sten> I was wanting to run a 24 hour Trivia Comp
[18:48] * Joins: Flyer ([email protected])
[18:49] <Vikman> #games...
[18:49] <Fr0sten> taken
[18:49] <Fr0sten> and Trivia was mine before you registered it
[18:49] <Ali> haha
[18:49] <Ali> im 499 in #games
[18:50] * Ali flaunts it at frosten
[18:50] <timeline> LOL
[18:50] <timeline> play nice now children
[18:50] <Vikman> trivia WAS yours
[18:50] <Vikman> key word is WAS
[18:50] <Ali> i helped make games with ummmmm Jinxzee and we never really used it
[18:50] * Devlin[DAW] is now known as Devlin
[18:50] <Ali> we used it
[18:50] <Ali> then we never kept it up
[18:51] <Vikman> hmmm 3 credits and #trivia is all urs
[18:51] * Quits: MCpt ([email protected]) (Quit: -eXtreme- Hit any user to continue.)
[18:52] <Vikman> wht trivia did u use?
[18:52] <CO> never see any1 sell an irc channel b4

I will not give him 3 credits for the channel I find this blackmail and a huge let down to the community.

Anyone that was wanting to win some Planetarion Credits cannot now do so due to Vikman being a tit!.

If you feel you have to go moan at him you will find him in #trivia

Nick
Fr0sten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Sep 2006, 13:34   #2
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Planetarion Trivia - Credits.

Why didn't you get P in there you numpty?

Vikman seems a bit of a cock for doing this though.
Unread 8 Sep 2006, 13:35   #3
Shyne
Flash in the PAN

Shyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud of

There is no I in team, but there are two in trivia.
Shyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Sep 2006, 13:40   #4
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Congrats to VikMan for winning the "Moron of the year"-award
Unread 8 Sep 2006, 13:43   #5
Ziw
cute and fluffy

Ziw is a jewel in the roughZiw is a jewel in the roughZiw is a jewel in the rough

There also is the opption, giveing a fk in him and get a new chan.
Wich then actually would enable you to have the triva.
[23:19:48] <wish> Thats gay. I like it
Ziw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Sep 2006, 13:44   #6
Fr0sten
Fear - HC

Fr0sten is infamous around these partsFr0sten is infamous around these partsFr0sten is infamous around these partsFr0sten is infamous around these partsFr0sten is infamous around these partsFr0sten is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadar
Congrats to VikMan for winning the "Moron of the year"-award
lmao hahaha!
Unread 8 Sep 2006, 13:48   #7
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

get a different channel and grow up.
no need for internet drama over something as petty as this
Unread 8 Sep 2006, 13:49   #8
Fr0sten
Fear - HC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziw
There also is the opption, giveing a fk in him and get a new chan.
Wich then actually would enable you to have the triva.
I would love to but.... Thing is....

Basicly I did P register the channel a while back... But since smudge / marv decided to mess around and kick the bots and take over for fun which I did not mind as I knew it was harmless fun... I just de registered the channel.

And if you ask why did marv / smudge do it quite simple they found my bots annoying and so did quite a few other people... So eventually killed them apart from the trivia bot. which has sat in #trivia until about the 10th of Aug when the shell server was restarted and I did not realise it was down because I forgot about it... And a few days later the channel was registered by vikman....

I have spoken to vikman and he has agreed to shut his bots down and op me and my bots. So this can go ahead... So please do tell your friends after havoc #trivia will be run for a whole 24 hours... there is a chance to win planetarion credits.
Unread 8 Sep 2006, 13:52   #9
Ziw
cute and fluffy

Ziw is a jewel in the roughZiw is a jewel in the roughZiw is a jewel in the rough

I Love Phil!
[23:19:48] <wish> Thats gay. I like it
Ziw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Sep 2006, 14:03   #10
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fr0sten
I would love to but.... Thing is....

Basicly I did P register the channel a while back... But since smudge / marv decided to mess around and kick the bots and take over for fun which I did not mind as I knew it was harmless fun... I just de registered the channel.
so? Doesnt stop you from doing it in another channel does it.
Quote:
And if you ask why did marv / smudge do it quite simple they found my bots annoying and so did quite a few other people...
Indeed, it would be quicker to count the number of people who *liked* them as opposed to those who didnt.
You, and they were banned from #planetarion repeatedly as i recall.

Since he's agreed to let you have the channel theres no problem but remember that no-one has a carte-blanche right to any channel, #cservice is the place to complain - not here , and something as insignificant as this does not require its own special thread in pd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziw
I Love Phil!
steady now...
Unread 8 Sep 2006, 14:08   #11
Chef!
Domestic Diva

Chef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to behold

amen to the voice of reason

<3 phil^

<rext> chef recall your fleet m8 they going to fc u
<Chef> recall my fleet?
<Chef> ive not logged in for two days

Its Only Nasty, When Its Not True.
Chef! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Sep 2006, 14:10   #12
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil^
Well, if he's been running that channel for a long period of time, it's probably his 'trademark' and people refer the chan with him. It's like if someone registered Nike as their trademark because they forgot to do it themselves. Kind of
Unread 8 Sep 2006, 14:17   #13
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Smudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
But since smudge / marv decided to mess around and kick the bots and take over for fun which I did not mind as I knew it was harmless fun...
Wasnt fun, just business

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil^
[14:53:26] * Keiz`afk has joined #support
[14:53:36] <Keiz`afk> THE SMUDGE CHEERLEADING TEAM HAS ARRIVED

Last edited by Smudge; 8 Sep 2006 at 15:57.
Smudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Sep 2006, 15:53   #14
Shyne
Flash in the PAN

Shyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud of

This is why you are meant to join your own channels at least once every 30 days :P

It is also a testament to why the netgamers website needs replacing (hurry the **** up, by the way) and then maybe the new one will send expiry warning reminder emails to channel registrants.
Unread 8 Sep 2006, 15:58   #15
Timeline
Dreamer in Pit of Hell

Timeline is just really niceTimeline is just really niceTimeline is just really niceTimeline is just really nice

ok time for a clear voice...
i was about at the time vikman made the above comment to fr0sten, and when i discussed it with him his response was it was all in jest although he wouldnt hand over ownership of the channel as when he applied for it #trivia was unregistered.
Upon talking to fr0sten about this i was made aware of his de-registering the channel after the trivia comp last round and as such vikman was well within his rights to claim it for himself and his friends to use.
I also spoke to fr0sten and arranged a compromise between himself and vikman so that #trivia could be used by fr0sten for his quiz....
end of story, good night sweet prince...and mods close thread please

random n00b - r3 & 4
MoE - round 12
Rock - round 13, 14, 15, 16
Pragmatik - round 16
ToF - round 16
Subh - round 17
Pa Team - rounds 16, 17, 18, 19
awol ever since
Timeline is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Sep 2006, 18:09   #16
Marv
Jazz Man

Marv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the rough

As far as I recall I only removed bots from official channels.

I had access in #trivia for a reason which is still beyond me and i think I used it once to kick Smudge out

tbh if you didn't want someone else to claim it you shouldn't have purged it should you?

Ex ROCK HC & PA Team Head of Support.
Marv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Sep 2006, 22:20   #17
Synthetic_Sid

Synthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet society

All this fuss is because you can't self-promote yourself in #trivia? Do you really think gicing away a £5 credit (or wahetver it is you're giving away - cba to check) deserves some special treatment?
Unread 9 Sep 2006, 00:31   #18
Shyne
Flash in the PAN

No offence to fr0sten but I think he should save his £10.

A quiz almost wholly comprised of "baby names beginning with X" questions, and music from the decades seems a little pointless - especially when its a case of typing the answer as fast as possible on the 3rd hint !

And the more community minded members aren't involved at all so I dont believe its a great community exercise.
Unread 9 Sep 2006, 10:58   #19
SpookyVince
The Force of Spookyness

SpookyVince is just really niceSpookyVince is just really niceSpookyVince is just really niceSpookyVince is just really niceSpookyVince is just really nice

Won't do trivia this year.

I was 2nd last round, but I never received the promised mug or mouse pad. I received the credit though.

1st was getting web hosting, 2nd & 3rd were mugs or mouse pad or stuff like that. Are there again prizes like that this round? I would be curious to know who's getting them. Or not.