User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 19 Aug 2006, 19:20   #101
Marv
Jazz Man

Marv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the rough
Re: Planetarion Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by xontas
i would like to ask marv to give us a job discription of his own job
What do you think a Head multihunter should do in this game!!!
http://www.planetarion.com/credits.php

Facts right before posting / accusing thing, need I go on?

Ex ROCK HC & PA Team Head of Support.
Marv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Aug 2006, 19:27   #102
Pilgrim
Bline

Pilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these parts

Quote:
this is the result of PAteam putting people in charge without proper training

lets view the issue first

a couple of accounts go on a attack and one of the accounts gets closed for cheating
resulting in a loss of all accounts involved

this issue has been around for years

the person that made the first post is placing blame @ the wrong stop
your buddy who you trusted to guard your back in battle wasnt honest and got closed
HE is the one that coudnt be trusted

the multihunter department did what it should do
close a account as soon as they have evidence of cheating!
the law in most country's prohibits PA from sending you a mail that someone else got closed (usualy called the privacy act)
so imo there is blame to place there

In the past ships lost in batlle have never been refunded for this and PA should not start doing it now.
why you might ask
This is a game of alliances enemy's and mostly TRUST
so if you attack, do it with the people you trust
then this will not happen!

Now reading the logs pasted in the orrigithe original post and knowing some of the details on what went on after this
i would like to ask marv to give us a job discription of his own job
What do you think a Head multihunter should do in this game!!!
** (turns out i was wrong marv is head support) but the question stands **

You keep probiong them all for information eventually well finnd out PA is run solely by bots
Pilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Aug 2006, 19:30   #103
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilgrim
You keep probiong them all for information eventually well finnd out PA is run solely by bots
impossible. Bots behave logically
Unread 19 Aug 2006, 19:32   #104
Chef!
Domestic Diva

Chef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil^
impossible. Bots behave logically
hehe phil^ made a funny

<rext> chef recall your fleet m8 they going to fc u
<Chef> recall my fleet?
<Chef> ive not logged in for two days

Its Only Nasty, When Its Not True.
Chef! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Aug 2006, 20:16   #105
xontas

xontas is a jewel in the roughxontas is a jewel in the roughxontas is a jewel in the rough

its nice to see PAteam he no-one to report to except god himself!!!!!

i asked marv if he could tell us what his job is
in this thread he poined to the portal
the portal only states his job title, not what the job actualy is

so i asked in #planetarion
he got VERY defencive and didnt want to awnser
so, i went to #support, (thats what its for) and made it a official query

this is the awnser i got

[21:00] <RageAgainstThem> Now can I just hear the answer to xontas's question
[21:00] <Marv> xontas that is not a question for this channel.
[21:00] <xontas> sigh
[21:00] <Marv> nor a public channel.
[21:00] <xontas> what question is not for this channel marv
[21:01] <xontas> because i think asking what your job is
[21:01] <xontas> is a game related question
[21:01] <xontas> so
[21:01] <xontas> i'd like a awnser
[21:01] <xontas> you can ofc kick me, but it only proofs my point
[21:02] <Marv> xontas - this is not a question for this channel or any other public one. So I am now asking you to leave and make said request to me officially via email ([email protected]) or to my superior ([email protected]) thank you.

imo PAteam is doing what it does best, when a problem ignore it untill people lose interest

so i will ask you ones again marv, what do you do as head support !?
xontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Aug 2006, 20:19   #106
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
lose interest

Making players quit PA, what else do you think the job assignement is for :xmasgrin:
Unread 19 Aug 2006, 20:46   #107
xontas

xontas is a jewel in the roughxontas is a jewel in the roughxontas is a jewel in the rough

well, i'll stop when i have a awnser to my question.......
i asked it in support, its regarding a person who runs it so i'd say its relevant and i dont like the brush off.
Unread 19 Aug 2006, 21:33   #108
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
i asked it in support, its regarding a person who runs it so i'd say its relevant and i dont like the brush off.
Good luck in your quest for truth my young padawan. May thy sword strike true on the infedels and strike thy enemies as you meet them on the battlefield.
Unread 19 Aug 2006, 23:15   #109
robban1

robban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
its kinda depressing acting and arogant behaviour of the team to fukall ignore ppls requests in a 2,5k players game on what is going on with stuff :/

seems like the folks in mh/ support think they are better than the average player or something

i remeber in the old days then shit happent to me i just mailed spinner and things got sorted asap
robban1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Aug 2006, 23:19   #110
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil^
kal means well, but he forgets his place at times.
Its appoco who is in charge of the team, not him. Appoco gets to make all the calls like that and as such, its from appoco ( or biffy as his superior ) any apology on the teams behalf should come from really.
There's no actual head of the team. I'm head of development and multihunting at the moment. Even if I thought I was qualified enough, I don't have nearly time to head the team. I'm starting my MSc in 3 weeks and I'm in the middle of my 3 week holiday in Scotland (well, Orkney).
Unread 19 Aug 2006, 23:23   #111
robban1

robban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster
There's no actual head of the team. I'm head of development and multihunting at the moment. Even if I thought I was qualified enough, I don't have nearly time to head the team. I'm starting my MSc in 3 weeks and I'm in the middle of my 3 week holiday in Scotland (well, Orkney).
so you leave the ball to retards? omg how cute why not just kick them all as the mh isnt doing much and support is a joke
robban1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Aug 2006, 23:42   #112
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Interesting* suggestion: Let robban1 support and multihunt for a week.

*Probably a good way to **** up everything, but it'd still be interesting
Unread 19 Aug 2006, 23:58   #113
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadar

And you and me could do the stats!!

I got some real cool stats worked out!

Xan's ships all gets names after snowwhite and the seven dwarfs, terrans after famous french military victories, Caths after people Pamela Anderson havent slept with, and Ziks after the Bush family!
Unread 20 Aug 2006, 00:41   #114
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

No names for Terran and Cathaar then?
Unread 21 Aug 2006, 18:17   #115
xontas

bump!!

ofc i got no awnser yet
seems PAteam dictate how there clients should ask there questions?

i for one dont want a e-mail responce
i want a public one
Unread 21 Aug 2006, 18:57   #116
Mighteh
Your typical Troll

Mighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadar

well, as we had seen, in majority of cases, multi hunting has nothing to do with intelligence (how do u spell that long and complicated word again ?), we can just set up free tryouts for MH team and base the responce if we are keeping someone or not as a MH based on public oppinion !

That might work !

*ofc, nother brilliant way to fcuk everything up
And an illustrated book about birds
See alot up there
But dont be scared
who needs action, when you got words....
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbg
reading this line is explicit acceptance of my superiority over you
Mighteh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Aug 2006, 21:42   #117
d3c0y_n4m3l355

d3c0y_n4m3l355 is an unknown quantity at this point

Even while there is a lot said by eitherway the players as well the MH's and so on I seriously fail to understand why this is so difficult.
Why it requires coding and rules and so on. This game is getting stuck by all kinda regulations. Without these tight-up regulations we wouldnt be in such a situation. If MH's were just a bit more careful for example first approached the supposed cheaters or pa-mailed them they would have known they are new people who just like everybody else doesnt read EULA's nor overviews. I'm not going to discuss weather this is right or wrong that people dont read such information but its just a fact.
What about MH's just for once work with a bit of tact, they are the first line players get to deal with. Fam might be rather rude as what i can read, yet the reactions from the MH's arent any better. But now comes imo the worse part, MH's are supposed to know how to handle players, Fam not.
d3c0y_n4m3l355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Aug 2006, 08:01   #118
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3c0y_n4m3l355
Even while there is a lot said by eitherway the players as well the MH's and so on I seriously fail to understand why this is so difficult.
Why it requires coding and rules and so on. This game is getting stuck by all kinda regulations. Without these tight-up regulations we wouldnt be in such a situation. If MH's were just a bit more careful for example first approached the supposed cheaters or pa-mailed them they would have known they are new people who just like everybody else doesnt read EULA's nor overviews. I'm not going to discuss weather this is right or wrong that people dont read such information but its just a fact.
What about MH's just for once work with a bit of tact, they are the first line players get to deal with. Fam might be rather rude as what i can read, yet the reactions from the MH's arent any better. But now comes imo the worse part, MH's are supposed to know how to handle players, Fam not.
What you suggest there is a possibility, but its worth noting that it is a rule in itself, just for the mh team internally. We do have a feature called "warn" which perhaps could be used more when we believe their may be a logical explanantion for actions that look like cheating.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Aug 2006, 08:26   #119
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

Quote:
its nice to see PAteam he no-one to report to except god himself!!!!!

i asked marv if he could tell us what his job is
in this thread he poined to the portal
the portal only states his job title, not what the job actualy is

so i asked in #planetarion
he got VERY defencive and didnt want to awnser
so, i went to #support, (thats what its for) and made it a official query

this is the awnser i got

[21:00] <RageAgainstThem> Now can I just hear the answer to xontas's question
[21:00] <Marv> xontas that is not a question for this channel.
[21:00] <xontas> sigh
[21:00] <Marv> nor a public channel.
[21:00] <xontas> what question is not for this channel marv
[21:01] <xontas> because i think asking what your job is
[21:01] <xontas> is a game related question
[21:01] <xontas> so
[21:01] <xontas> i'd like a awnser
[21:01] <xontas> you can ofc kick me, but it only proofs my point
[21:02] <Marv> xontas - this is not a question for this channel or any other public one. So I am now asking you to leave and make said request to me officially via email ([email protected]) or to my superior ([email protected]) thank you.

imo PAteam is doing what it does best, when a problem ignore it untill people lose interest

lol
he sits in #planetarion with his @ trying to look cool

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote