User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 28 Jun 2006, 15:41   #1
tombcfc
thomus always sober...

tombcfc is an unknown quantity at this point
Change the PR officer rank

i dont know if this has been suggested before, but can the rank PR officer ingame be changed to DC or just add the rank DC ingame, it would make sence because every allaince splits their officers to DC's and BC's i dont think PR officer is really used anymore or just as a substitute for a DC rank.
Unread 28 Jun 2006, 15:47   #2
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Change the PR officer rank

I always made my officers 'BC' rank and any non-HC who I wanted to have planetary arbiter access got the rank 'PR'. Usually it was scanners/recruiters/senior commanders who got that. There may be a case for re-naming the rank, but I'd keep it nonetheless.
Unread 28 Jun 2006, 15:51   #3
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Not every alliance does split it actually, we certainly dont at F-Crew.

We generally use the BC level for BC and Scanners (we like all our Scanners and BC's to be able to carry out the Defence and Attack duties if they need to) and we use the PR level for other people like recruiters whom arent doing a Military role but which we feel they need more access in game
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jun 2006, 15:56   #4
tombcfc
thomus always sober...

tombcfc is an unknown quantity at this point

well what i should of put was 'some alliances like to split bc from dc' for example subh likes to give BC's more access than their DC's, we could keep the PR rank and add a DC rank ingame
Unread 28 Jun 2006, 16:04   #5
Chef!
Domestic Diva

Chef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to behold

simple solution would be to have custom named ranks

<rext> chef recall your fleet m8 they going to fc u
<Chef> recall my fleet?
<Chef> ive not logged in for two days

Its Only Nasty, When Its Not True.
Chef! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jun 2006, 20:03   #6
Lοki
God of Fire and Mischief

Lοki is a jewel in the roughLοki is a jewel in the roughLοki is a jewel in the rough

not really simple, it is the best solution though.

8 editable statusses would be best.... Recruit, Member, Recruiter, Scanner, DC, AC, BC, HC. Or Piggy, Pig, Pig Hunter, Sniffler, Agressive Hog, Defensive Hog, Swine, Head Swine
Lοki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jun 2006, 23:10   #7
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Not really, there's only three relevant options in the settings - no arbiter access, galaxy access and planetary access.

So you only need two different officer ranks, the rest can be members.
Unread 28 Jun 2006, 23:14   #8
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

aNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet society

a change to "battle commander" and "defense commander" would be cosmetically correct possibly, if you happen to use these features to set in game arbiter access, but mostly it's not a big deal I think as you can use the different officer types however you want anyhow
Unread 6 Jul 2006, 23:47   #9
jt25man
Victim of Marriage

jt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud of

I'd like to see an added rank of DC that way you can have customizable features for DC and different ones for BC. PR Officer seems to be an almost useless rank as there's no real public relations tools in tag, it just allows them to use the alliance messaging and delete threads and posts.
Unread 7 Jul 2006, 03:14   #10
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

aNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet society

if there were more arbiter options, and customizing each officer access level actually meant something I could see actually putting this on the priority list. When I say changes, I mean for example, setting it so alliance level arby access could list known alliances of planets, much like most major alliances have in their own tools. Also a possible feature could be listing planets that are free to attack, napped, allied etc, this ofcourse set and monitored/administered by alliance HC. This could be done also at the alliance/galaxy/planet level. These changes can also cut you to the bone should this info be exploited or shared with enemies. But the same goes for private alliance info and who has access to those, so no increased risk. Just a few thoughts.....