User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 29 Aug 2004, 03:24   #1
khaos

khaos is an unknown quantity at this point
Next Round

What do you think the updates will be next round, post here.
khaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Aug 2004, 03:49   #2
Gerbie
pe0n

Gerbie is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Next Round

- shipstats will be changed a bit
- journal will be back
- galaxy status will be back
- there will be a history page
- the buddy code will be improved a bit (so if you choose buddy code you know you'll land with your friends for certain)
- some more changes concerning payment/free accounts which will make the game better, but of which I can't remember if they were anounced officially yet or were told to me in confidentiality
round 7 noob: rank 6.198 25:20:25 - VoC member
round 8 noob: rank 4.112 7:2:3 - TFD member
round 9 rank 941 23:1:9 - TFD HC
round 9.5 rank 860 22:7:3 - TFD HC
round 10: rank unknown (was #1 for a while) 5:2:5 - Vengeance pe0n
round 10.5: rank 683 19:10:2 - VGN member
round 11: rank 138 8:8:4 - VsN member
round 12: rank 515 - VGN 'special attack officer' -> jumped ship to Rock
round 13: rank 85: NoS
Gerbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Aug 2004, 05:10   #3
khaos

khaos is an unknown quantity at this point

You think the lancer+bomner combo will still be alive? And the xan fleet scan not showing up?
khaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Aug 2004, 06:08   #4
Gerbie
pe0n

Gerbie is an unknown quantity at this point

I think so, but I know as much about that as you. I did hear they did not plan to make major changes to the fleet stats.
round 7 noob: rank 6.198 25:20:25 - VoC member
round 8 noob: rank 4.112 7:2:3 - TFD member
round 9 rank 941 23:1:9 - TFD HC
round 9.5 rank 860 22:7:3 - TFD HC
round 10: rank unknown (was #1 for a while) 5:2:5 - Vengeance pe0n
round 10.5: rank 683 19:10:2 - VGN member
round 11: rank 138 8:8:4 - VsN member
round 12: rank 515 - VGN 'special attack officer' -> jumped ship to Rock
round 13: rank 85: NoS
Gerbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Aug 2004, 09:53   #5
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

Have you seen the new skin? is it just me or the yellow ****ing ugly. No offence, i mean, it`s just goddamn ugly. I know, i could probably not make anything better, but for crying out loud, the colour theme used, is just not pretty. Like Forest.
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Aug 2004, 10:48   #6
Blixxard
Currently Unavailable

Blixxard is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ryzekiel_
Have you seen the new skin? is it just me or the yellow ****ing ugly. No offence, i mean, it`s just goddamn ugly. I know, i could probably not make anything better, but for crying out loud, the colour theme used, is just not pretty. Like Forest.
The skin was made by creature out of generosity. There will be about 4 race skins – one for each race based from the old round 6 ones. Then a round 12 one, and then some of the old ones will be modded.
Blixxard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Aug 2004, 11:46   #7
Linkie
fanboy

Linkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to behold

Hopefully the unit scan random percent will be lowered slightly. :|

FOUNDER OF THE OFFICIAL ASCENDANCY LADY GAGA FAN CLUB

ASCENDANCY DEMOLITION MAN
Linkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Aug 2004, 12:05   #8
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

Good to hear blixx, the skin isn`t really all that bad, i just hate the colour theme. :/, maybe try black instead of yellow?
Unread 29 Aug 2004, 18:01   #9
General Martok
used to register

General Martok has a spectacular aura aboutGeneral Martok has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blixxard
The skin was made by creature out of generosity. There will be about 4 race skins – one for each race based from the old round 6 ones. Then a round 12 one, and then some of the old ones will be modded.
You should start with (some of) the old ones (I bet you ppl have stats of which skins are most used (care to pulicate?)), instead of creating new ones like that orange/yellow awefully ugly skin
R1: ??:?? | R2: 51:6 | R3: 37:12 | R4: 186:13 | R5: 13:17 | R6: 1:25
R7: 15:14 | R8: 34:4 / 52:10 ¤ | R9: 16:2 | R9.5: 34:6 / 41:6 ¤
R10: 2:2 | R10.5: 15:4 | R11: 28:8 | R12: 22:9

Damn, outdated and too lazy to edit, retired now
-----
Started playing again Still too lazy to update though
General Martok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Aug 2004, 23:23   #10
Blixxard
Currently Unavailable

I only have round 6+ screenshots to work off.
They will basically be the 4 race skins from round 6. Suitably modded of course to keep along the new style Planetarion.
Just as a quick query, anyone has any pre-round 6 handy to send me?
Unread 30 Aug 2004, 09:43   #11
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

I actually like creature's skin, we played with quite a few colour schemes for it and this scheme had the cleanest feel to it and looked nicest, although it may be possible for gim to do a version with another colour scheme.

As to round 12, Gerbie is pretty much correct although the galaxy setup is not precisly defined. The one thing I can say is it won;t be the same as this round and it is being designed to counter the problems found this round.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Sep 2004, 20:30   #12
Chef!
Domestic Diva

Chef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to behold

there is a screenshot of the r3 skin on scouses PA History website (the url to which escapse me) if you make a r3 skin i will play... simply for that reason.

- Chef

<rext> chef recall your fleet m8 they going to fc u
<Chef> recall my fleet?
<Chef> ive not logged in for two days

Its Only Nasty, When Its Not True.
Chef! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Sep 2004, 00:57   #13
xtothez
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

xtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blixxard
Posting to demand the r5 skin (complete with flashy buttons). Hell, if P-lanetia think its worth stealing we shouldn't be left out.
Unread 2 Sep 2004, 01:13   #14
Blixxard
Currently Unavailable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef!
there is a screenshot of the r3 skin on scouses PA History website (the url to which escapse me) if you make a r3 skin i will play... simply for that reason.

- Chef
Just had a look on his site. There is a round 3 image. I do remember which one your on about now. I think I know where to get hold of it! It is possible with a little work. *sighs*
My first priorities are getting the 4 race skins done. They are taking longer than I thought.
Unread 2 Sep 2004, 01:23   #15
Blixxard
Currently Unavailable

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtothez
Posting to demand the r5 skin (complete with flashy buttons). Hell, if P-lanetia think its worth stealing we shouldn't be left out.
As I said with Chef. Will take work to make it to fit around Round12, If that clone is using the skin there isn't much we can do. I can make something similar, once I find time. Most Pa clones like to use Royles ship renders. Next round Planetarion has some exclusive renders.
So all is good.
Unread 2 Sep 2004, 02:03   #16
yupster
Dawsons Creek r0x

yupster is an unknown quantity at this point

lets hope everyone can be fleetscanned next round, too nice that odo's cant be

[1up]

Round5 - 16:23
Round11 - 21:1
Round12 - 22:5
yupster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Sep 2004, 06:16   #17
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

[] in galaxy names better be back == or -- looks really stupid.
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Sep 2004, 06:18   #18
AzureWrath
Evil has returned

AzureWrath is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by yupster
lets hope everyone can be fleetscanned next round, too nice that odo's cant be
did you actually call Xan, Odonata? wtf - traitor!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher
LCH is too far away, now they are the same roid amout as 1up
AzureWrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Sep 2004, 06:18   #19
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I think all that Dawsons Creek has broke yupsters head
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Sep 2004, 08:24   #20
jerome

yupster made me lol irl
Unread 2 Sep 2004, 14:27   #21
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hicks
I think all that Dawsons Creek has broke yupsters head
its leilani from that programme yupster watches the Gilmore girls,

but yupster you are classic
Unread 2 Sep 2004, 15:52   #22
yupster
Dawsons Creek r0x

yupster is an unknown quantity at this point

Im glad you all love me

Since I am/was playing 2 of these online strategic send-ships-to-capture-someone-elses-numbers-with-a-browser games I was a bit quick to post...

Clarificaion: I hope that one in Round 12 of Planetarion can Fleet scan XANDATHRI (wtfspelling) too. It what tip the weight over to being too powerful imo.

PS: My Dawsons Creek signature is me being melodramatic due to being an out-of-the-closet Dawsons Creek fan back in r3-7 when I last played Planetarion before this round. And yes pig is correct, my new favourite show is GILMORE GIRLS! Go watch!

[1up]

Round5 - 16:23
Round11 - 21:1
Round12 - 22:5
yupster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Sep 2004, 22:45   #23
AzureWrath
Evil has returned

AzureWrath is an unknown quantity at this point

Xandathrii, but it looks better than Odonata!

and ofc we love you

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher
LCH is too far away, now they are the same roid amout as 1up
AzureWrath is offline   Reply With Quote