User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Recruitment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 13 Jun 2004, 11:10   #1
Thommy

Thommy is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up The Thr33 Kings Recruitment

Hello M8tes!!!
Alliance [The Thr33 Kings] are recruiting right now, my name is Thommy and i am the Moc of my galaxy and also the Leader of my nem Alliance,everybody in my galaxy support me and I need You all 2!! I know the MoD,MoW and The GC in person.
If you want to join my alliance,you just have to send me a message , and i'll contact you as soon as possible. If we work togheter,we can win and make ourselves strong but to complete this I need You,please send me a message!

Thanks,
Moc [Thommy from ToXicity]

Last edited by Thommy; 13 Jun 2004 at 19:11.
Thommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jun 2004, 11:29   #2
jupp
Hi there ...

jupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant future
Re: The Thr33 Kings Recruitment

[Ascendancy] - While you were trying, we were sleeping

jupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jun 2004, 11:48   #3
Gerbie
pe0n

Gerbie is an unknown quantity at this point

No coords on the forums plz. Until you and your alliance members have struck fear in the heart of possible enemies, this might be an invitation to attacking you.

Let people contact you on IRC (nick+channel), by sending a message through the passport system, or by email. Or just let them sign up to the ingame alliance.
round 7 noob: rank 6.198 25:20:25 - VoC member
round 8 noob: rank 4.112 7:2:3 - TFD member
round 9 rank 941 23:1:9 - TFD HC
round 9.5 rank 860 22:7:3 - TFD HC
round 10: rank unknown (was #1 for a while) 5:2:5 - Vengeance pe0n
round 10.5: rank 683 19:10:2 - VGN member
round 11: rank 138 8:8:4 - VsN member
round 12: rank 515 - VGN 'special attack officer' -> jumped ship to Rock
round 13: rank 85: NoS
Gerbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jun 2004, 19:10   #4
Thommy

Thommy is an unknown quantity at this point

ok sorry i'm new in the game
Thommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jun 2004, 21:59   #5
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute

we know :P

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jun 2004, 22:22   #6
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Maybe i'm being slightly pessimistic here but never mind i'll give you my advice and then leave you be.

Back in the days when i started PA i played with a group of 10 to 15 real life friends. We formed a couple of galaxies and trying making a small alliance much like you are doing. It didnt really go anywhere because we were all new to the game and didnt know how to play the game that well nor did we have any good contacts outside of our close network of friends.

Things didnt really take off until we joined together with another few alliances that were in a similar circumstance and formed an alliance we called eXcessum. That probably means nothing to anyone except myself here, but we did fairly well for a small group of people back then and more than anything it helped us all gain some experience in the game.

I dont really seem to have made any proper points yet so i'll try and say it another way. Making a new alliance is extremely hard no matter how experienced you are. Doing it from scratch when you are new to the game is close to impossible. My advice would be to join a small to medium sized alliance that already exists and seems to have a good command. They may not be potential round winners but you will learn how to play the game with them, how an alliance should be run and perhaps more importantly you will start to gather contacts within the PA universe. From there you may be able to go on and make your own alliance in a round or 2 when you will probably be better prepared.

I'm not trying to discourage you from having a go at it, if you wish to continue i wish you the best of luck. I'm just trying to say from my experience that it wont be easy and may not be the best possible route. I havent played the game actively for a few rounds so couldnt name you any decent alliances to join instead of making your own, perhaps someone else could help you out there if thats what you decide to do. Anyways, good luck and welcome to PA .

P.S. Jupp if you are meant to be part of the mentor team you truely are a shit candidate for that role. From what i understand of the job you are meant to help out new players (ie, Thommy) not mock them and role your eyes at their lack of understanding.
Unread 17 Jun 2004, 13:26   #7
Chef!
Domestic Diva

Chef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
Maybe i'm being slightly pessimistic here but never mind i'll give you my advice and then leave you be.

Back in the days when i started PA i played with a group of 10 to 15 real life friends. We formed a couple of galaxies and trying making a small alliance much like you are doing. It didnt really go anywhere because we were all new to the game and didnt know how to play the game that well nor did we have any good contacts outside of our close network of friends.

Things didnt really take off until we joined together with another few alliances that were in a similar circumstance and formed an alliance we called eXcessum. That probably means nothing to anyone except myself here, but we did fairly well for a small group of people back then and more than anything it helped us all gain some experience in the game.

I dont really seem to have made any proper points yet so i'll try and say it another way. Making a new alliance is extremely hard no matter how experienced you are. Doing it from scratch when you are new to the game is close to impossible. My advice would be to join a small to medium sized alliance that already exists and seems to have a good command. They may not be potential round winners but you will learn how to play the game with them, how an alliance should be run and perhaps more importantly you will start to gather contacts within the PA universe. From there you may be able to go on and make your own alliance in a round or 2 when you will probably be better prepared.

I'm not trying to discourage you from having a go at it, if you wish to continue i wish you the best of luck. I'm just trying to say from my experience that it wont be easy and may not be the best possible route. I havent played the game actively for a few rounds so couldnt name you any decent alliances to join instead of making your own, perhaps someone else could help you out there if thats what you decide to do. Anyways, good luck and welcome to PA .
totally agree with everything you said in you're post JC especially...
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
P.S. Jupp if you are meant to be part of the mentor team you truely are a shit candidate for that role. From what i understand of the job you are meant to help out new players (ie, Thommy) not mock them and role your eyes at their lack of understanding.
... that bit.

<rext> chef recall your fleet m8 they going to fc u
<Chef> recall my fleet?
<Chef> ive not logged in for two days

Its Only Nasty, When Its Not True.
Chef! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jun 2004, 14:54   #8
Assassin
PA Ancient

Assassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant future

Well said guys i wish you luck anyway mate

Ever been attacked by a p3nguin? You get left a bit black and white!

p3nguin Founder
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jun 2004, 18:56   #9
alch
Retired

alch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC

I'm not trying to discourage you from having a go at it, if you wish to continue i wish you the best of luck. I'm just trying to say from my experience that it wont be easy and may not be the best possible route. I havent played the game actively for a few rounds so couldnt name you any decent alliances to join instead of making your own, perhaps someone else could help you out there if thats what you decide to do. Anyways, good luck and welcome to PA
agreed

However Thommy, if you really want to continue your alliance, few things would be really good to have on theses boards nowdays, try to give more information about your alliance, like how to contact you. IRC+email.
Give a public channel where you idle and where potential recruit could talk to you, Give your goals (having fun and having a great community is a goal too).
Give a short overview of who you are and then write also what are your recruitment requests, and what kind of players you are looking for.
Last thing, try to get on IRC and pop by #mentors, i am sure we will be able to give you some kind of help on all levels so you can enjoy Planetarion in more ways.

Try to browse theses forums to find more posts of other alliances, try to see what kind of info they give and see the strucutre of a good Recruitment Thread.

1.Good luck
2.Read the EULA - cheating is bad
3. Dont forget to upgrade your account.

regards
Unread 17 Jun 2004, 19:16   #10
jupp
Hi there ...

jupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant future

Quote:
P.S. Jupp if you are meant to be part of the mentor team you truely are a shit candidate for that role. From what i understand of the job you are meant to help out new players (ie, Thommy) not mock them and role your eyes at their lack of understanding
yes you are right and i will try to avoid things like that in the future! i dont want to search for excuses now ... it was not my intention to 'mock' tommy. If you feel insulted by me in any way tommy i want to say sorry here and now
Cant remember the situation anymore and another point is that i have to get used to the new positon as well.

a bit harsh to call me a shit candidate without knowing me and judeging by this single reply.

[Ascendancy] - While you were trying, we were sleeping

jupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jun 2004, 19:26   #11
alch
Retired

alch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud of

This was indeed a 'worthless' reply but i think now jupp have understand that his position mean to be able to give maximum information and be usefull especially on this forum "AR"
Unread 18 Jun 2004, 12:19   #12
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by jupp
Cant remember the situation anymore and another point is that i have to get used to the new positon as well.

a bit harsh to call me a shit candidate without knowing me and judeging by this single reply.
I may have been a bit harsh, but i dont see what not knowing you has to do with it. Your performance as a mentor team member depends on how you perform while in that role not how good you have been in the past. Thats the first post of yours i have noticed on here (i havent been too active on here recently so maybe i missed some) and you dont seem to have set off on the right foot.

As for getting used to the position, that comment just confused me. The phrase 'mentor team' should pretty much outline the role of the job. If not then the thread with the application form, which i assume is what you filled in, did explain it. Thirdly i assume one of the mentor team leaders will have explained what is expected of the team, if they havent the whole setup needs looking at quickly.

I've lived on AR for 3 years or so, i know the difference between a good reply, an excellent helpful reply, a flame, a troll and an altogether shit post. A post consisting of a rolleyes has never been classed as a useful reply.

Anyway, i'm taking this thread off topic, so i'll shut up .