User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 2 Jun 2004, 07:37   #1
Stealth
Potentate

Stealth is an unknown quantity at this point
Better Skins

Is it just me, or are most of these skins thrown together? Please get some good skins. You could run a skinning contest or something. Also, you could bring back some of the old skins (Especially the purple one from the First Pay round. I forget what round that was.)

From this day to the ending of the world we in it shall be remembered. We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.
Stealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2004, 09:28   #2
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold
Re: Better Skins

would be a nice feature for the ingame alliance, to be able to select it's own skin. as for the current ones it's a matter of taste. On the same skin i'm sure to get all the different comments imaginable between 'I love it' and 'I hate it'. Or maybe you should express what you feel is wrong with most of the ones we have now, it would help the future designers.
Unread 2 Jun 2004, 10:16   #3
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

I like the SIlver skin myself.

It woudl be nice in round 12 though if you could say upload your own skin or something. Although for all I know round 12 doesn't even have skins.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2004, 11:33   #4
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

If PA was delivered to the browser in valid and well-structured (X)HTML and CSS, not only would skinning be dead easy, but skins could change the entire look and layout of the page, and be generally much more elaborate and well-designed.
Unread 2 Jun 2004, 12:26   #5
Spaced
[WP]

Spaced is an unknown quantity at this point

I've mentioned before about how good it would be to have the option to use the skins from past rounds. Personally I'd love to see the second and third round skins make a come back.

Ex [WP] Peon
Ex [NoS] Officer
Ex [Coven] Officer
Ex [=V=] Whore
Ex [Ely] Peon

Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperie de connard d'enculé de ta mère! You see, it's like wiping your arse with silk, I love it.
Spaced is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jun 2004, 21:17   #6
Zeke

Zeke is on a distinguished road

Well, I loved the skin from round 5, that was the best of all I think
Zeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jun 2004, 18:55   #7
Chef!
Domestic Diva

Chef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to behold

SOMEONE MAKE ME A ROUND 3 SKIN!!!

oooh the grey bars... i want them back!!

<rext> chef recall your fleet m8 they going to fc u
<Chef> recall my fleet?
<Chef> ive not logged in for two days

Its Only Nasty, When Its Not True.
Chef! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jun 2004, 17:45   #8
Sephiroth
PA n00bie

Sephiroth is an unknown quantity at this point

Only one skin in the game I regard as "usable" in that the other skins I either do not like the layout of, or they hurt my eyes.
R11 Beta :: [FAnG] :: 5:2:4 :: Dark Templar of Shakuras :: Galaxy Rank #9, Planet Rank #16 ::
Round 11 :: []LCH[] :: 24:5:1 :: Mirage of Deception :: Galaxy Rank: #53
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jun 2004, 17:49   #9
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

they all have more or less the exact same layout/composition :/
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jun 2004, 17:53   #10
Sephiroth
PA n00bie

Sephiroth is an unknown quantity at this point

OK then, maybe not the layout then. :\
R11 Beta :: [FAnG] :: 5:2:4 :: Dark Templar of Shakuras :: Galaxy Rank #9, Planet Rank #16 ::
Round 11 :: []LCH[] :: 24:5:1 :: Mirage of Deception :: Galaxy Rank: #53
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2004, 12:21   #11
scotty1234

scotty1234 is an unknown quantity at this point

why dont the PA team put a notice on the overview that any1 who designs a good skin gets a free credit?(limit 1 per person)
also,is the person who runs palnetarion makin money or doin it for fun?
scotty1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2004, 12:55   #12
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ryzekiel_
they all have more or less the exact same layout/composition :/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshy
If PA was delivered to the browser in valid and well-structured (X)HTML and CSS, not only would skinning be dead easy, but skins could change the entire look and layout of the page, and be generally much more elaborate and well-designed.
Unread 13 Jul 2004, 12:57   #13
scotty1234

scotty1234 is an unknown quantity at this point

hmmmm....
scotty1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2004, 13:04   #14
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

As a sidenote, there is no direct person in charge of Planetarion.

The company Jolt owns the game and has the intention of turning a profit; most of the PA Team members who are in charge of day to day affairs around the game are volunteers. Spinner is as far as I know, compensated for his services, but doesn't work on Planetarion full-time.