User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Recruitment

Unread 15 Dec 2003, 17:03   #1
Chef!
Domestic Diva

Chef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to behold
Unhappy Is there really any need?

As far as i can see the Alliance Recruitment forum is unecessary for the current climate of PA. There arent alliances being created on such a basis as there once was due to a huge decline in player base. It would seem this forum is simply a dumping ground for alliance recruitment threads which are, for the most part, old and out of date.

Maybe its worth thinking about going back to just one Alliance Forum for both discussion and recruitment... just an idea ofc.

Greetz Chef

<rext> chef recall your fleet m8 they going to fc u
<Chef> recall my fleet?
<Chef> ive not logged in for two days

Its Only Nasty, When Its Not True.
Chef! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Dec 2003, 17:10   #2
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little
Re: Is there really any need?

but is this really needed
SilverSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Dec 2003, 17:11   #3
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

There isnt any real need to merge the 2 forums.

Having AR isnt causing any problems. Yes its pretty much dead, but a few people still use it and for those that do occasionally use it it is a much 'nicer' environment than AD.
Unread 15 Dec 2003, 17:16   #4
Chef!
Domestic Diva

Chef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke
but is this really needed
ooh intelligent constructive responses... why am i not suprised

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
There isnt any real need to merge the 2 forums.

Having AR isnt causing any problems. Yes its pretty much dead, but a few people still use it and for those that do occasionally use it it is a much 'nicer' environment than AD.
Well was just a thought...

<Chef> recall my fleet?

Unread 15 Dec 2003, 17:40   #5
Killerbij
Roidhumper

Killerbij is an unknown quantity at this point

I think destroying the alliance recruitment forum will be the final destructive blow to small alliances. I doubt its existance at this stage (in round 10) made any difference though. We can only hope rnd 11 has some really good code and marketing so we get new players and a returned need for this forum.
Unread 15 Dec 2003, 17:49   #6
Chef!
Domestic Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerbij
I think destroying the alliance recruitment forum will be the final destructive blow to small alliances. I doubt its existance at this stage (in round 10) made any difference though. We can only hope rnd 11 has some really good code and marketing so we get new players and a returned need for this forum.
Im not saying that the alliance recruitment forum wasnt a really good thing, but it simply isnt used to the extent of which it was when it was at its best.

<Chef> recall my fleet?

Unread 15 Dec 2003, 18:15   #7
*Cooper*

*Cooper* is an unknown quantity at this point

Chef???? its u!
long time no see m8
*Cooper* is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Dec 2003, 19:56   #8
Hurragutten

Hurragutten is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef!
Im not saying that the alliance recruitment forum wasnt a really good thing, but it simply isnt used to the extent of which it was when it was at its best.
even though it wasn't what it used to be it can still be a forum worth keeping. Some of the medium sized alliances has used the forum to recruit this round. I think this is good.

Unread 15 Dec 2003, 21:20   #9
RD-Chunky
Acquiesce

RD-Chunky is an unknown quantity at this point

Now Chef is a nick i havent seen for age upon age, lo

AR is not what it was clearly. But theres no reason to close it tbh.

(Another post onp forums sponsored by Boredom.)
Unread 16 Dec 2003, 13:44   #10
*Cooper*

yeh lets see if it picks up in round 11 cause loadsa ppl r leaving PA, so mite need recruitment rite?
Unread 20 Dec 2003, 15:51   #11
Chef!
Domestic Diva

wow Chunky and Cyanide, havnt seen either of you for several rounds. Just because you dont see my nick posting often it doesnt mean im not watching Have a good christmas both of you and track me down on IRC some time, im usually in #chef and #f-crew when im online!

<Chef> recall my fleet?

Unread 20 Dec 2003, 20:33   #12
*Cooper*

added #chef to perform, and will idle there permanetly (bnc etc)

Best wishes and merry xmas, James (Cyanide)