User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 24 Sep 2003, 00:24   #1
Mistwraith
Bad Girl

Mistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud of
Waving goodbye and thank-you to the old forums :-(

It will be sad day on the 27th , i'ts been here a long long time, despite the problems and the ups and downs, even the game closing theese forums have been with us.. they have done us proud, to their creators, their many hosts over the years and those who have upgraded, played with and/or fixed them, THANK-YOU.

Anyone Past or Present... who has had anything to do with them, i hope i speak for everyone whos spammed, created a thread, complained, solved a problem, moderated or just read them...

A HUGE THANK-YOU !
R11 -> NOW HR HC
(a round history not condusive to suceeding in exams, having a life or much sleep )
I'm not misunderstood ... I'm EVIL
Mistwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Sep 2003, 00:27   #2
A2
#planetarion

A2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud of
You do realise that there will still be Planetarion Forums don't you...?

All that's happening is an upgrade of the software, a requirement to re-register (by getting a passport account), and starting with some blank forum PD, AD, GD, Strategy, RolePlaying will all still be around.
Unread 24 Sep 2003, 00:30   #3
Mistwraith
Bad Girl

Mistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud of
Yes but they wont be the same.. they'll be all new and shiney, with a new history to be created.
R11 -> NOW HR HC
(a round history not condusive to suceeding in exams, having a life or much sleep )
Unread 24 Sep 2003, 00:33   #4
Mistwraith
Bad Girl

PS .. me wants you to keep the Christmas theme.. the snow rocks :-)
R11 -> NOW HR HC
Unread 24 Sep 2003, 00:48   #5
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Pookie
PS .. me wants you to keep the Christmas theme.. the snow rocks :-)
Unfortunately all themes will be going, only a R10-stylesheet will be available so far.
Unread 24 Sep 2003, 00:49   #6
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place
As in the look of the portal?
Oh dear god...
Unread 24 Sep 2003, 00:50   #7
A2
#planetarion

A2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud of
It actually looks rather nice (well I think so anyway), and doesn't have as many graphics as the portal.
Unread 24 Sep 2003, 00:54   #8
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Apparently the vB2 and vB3 stylesheets aren't compabtible, afaik Karmulian already tried converting them unsuccesfully.
Unread 24 Sep 2003, 01:06   #9
dabult
Ark-miner wannabe

dabult will become famous soon enoughdabult will become famous soon enough
No christmas theme

Unread 24 Sep 2003, 01:10   #10
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute
I like my Dreammaker, god damnit

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Sep 2003, 01:13   #11
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Lairyfish go bye bye

PS I really am the only person to use that style aren't I?
Unread 24 Sep 2003, 01:14   #12
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute
I used it for a bit when it got installed, but prefer Dreammaker.

Utterly useless since r3
Unread 24 Sep 2003, 01:19   #13
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally posted by A2
It actually looks rather nice (well I think so anyway), and doesn't have as many graphics as the portal.
Hehe. That's a pretty high bar to get under though.

I'm with you, Cochese--Dreammaker rocks!
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Sep 2003, 01:20   #14
Heartshunter
Little Miss Sarcastic

Heartshunter is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by JonnyBGood
Lairyfish go bye bye

PS I really am the only person to use that style aren't I?

No.
Unread 24 Sep 2003, 01:21   #15
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place
Lairyfish all the way...just for the name if nothing else

Would "copying" the in-game styles really be that much work, as some of those are quite nice...(Black is my favourite )
Unread 24 Sep 2003, 01:33   #16
Cochese
Retired

Quote:
Originally posted by Tactitus
I'm with you, Cochese--Dreammaker rocks!

Forum Users For The Preservation Of Dreammaker!!

Utterly useless since r3
Unread 24 Sep 2003, 07:34   #17
Karmulian

trust me Dreammaker will be copied over as its also my style of choice (though i do like the new rnd10 default)

simple enough the current style sheets r not compatible with vb3
the company which makes vb3 known this, but have also made no provision to copy them over, which is a tad annoying

so they all have to be done by hand.. template by tamplate :///
joy
Unread 24 Sep 2003, 08:24   #18
General Martok
used to register

General Martok has a spectacular aura aboutGeneral Martok has a spectacular aura about
SO let me get this straight:
-you cant convert the current users
-all signatures and options will be lost
-no stylesheets can be converted
-all old thread will be gone

THEN WHY TEH [CENSURE] CHANGE THE FORUM

edit: I can't type
R1: ??:?? | R2: 51:6 | R3: 37:12 | R4: 186:13 | R5: 13:17 | R6: 1:25
R7: 15:14 | R8: 34:4 / 52:10 ¤ | R9: 16:2 | R9.5: 34:6 / 41:6 ¤
R10: 2:2 | R10.5: 15:4 | R11: 28:8 | R12: 22:9

Damn, outdated and too lazy to edit, retired now
-----
Started playing again Still too lazy to update though

Last edited by General Martok; 24 Sep 2003 at 09:54.
General Martok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Sep 2003, 08:33   #19
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute
Ill loose the registration date which I am proud of :/

I also fear ALOT of nickstealing ...

-Jonas-

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Sep 2003, 09:48   #20
Ado

Ado is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by General Martok
SO let me get thsi sraight:
-you cant convert the current users
-all signatures and options will be lost
-no stylesheets can be converted
-all old thread will be gone

THEN WHY TEH [CENSURE] CHANGE THE FORUM
Generally an upgrade provides advantages and not to many problems, all we seem to be seeing is "cant do this" "will have to re-do this" I see problems but no benefit for the effort it takes to rereg.

I understand its hard work but why doesnt whoever is coding this almighty intergration of portal and forum write a nice simple script to convert the users and populate any missing fields with generic values allowing people to populate them later.

Its not hard looking at the data formats it doesnt look that hard and tbh I cant see why the users need to be removed AT ALL.
Ado is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Sep 2003, 09:50   #21
dabult
Ark-miner wannabe

dabult will become famous soon enoughdabult will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally posted by Jonas
I also fear ALOT of nickstealing ...

-Jonas-

Um..i *think* it says in another thread that your displaynick on the new forums = the nick you have (or will) sign up for a passport-acc with..

(which i wasnt aware of when i signed up my passport btw :/ i thought it was more of a 'loginusername')
Unread 24 Sep 2003, 13:23   #22
Chef!
Domestic Diva

Chef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to behold
screenshot anyone? plz?

<rext> chef recall your fleet m8 they going to fc u
<Chef> recall my fleet?
<Chef> ive not logged in for two days

Its Only Nasty, When Its Not True.
Chef! is offline   Reply With Quote