User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 21 Aug 2003, 08:01   #51
Aaranaf
[=V=] Executive

Aaranaf is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Baco
Just a note:
- ViruS splitted in 2 coz 2 of their HC's were inactive
- MadCows died after round 9 (almost)

Should this mean something?
fine. i could name some happenings with the Olympian HC if i must, but i wont.

2nd- again, what did olympians do? put up a fight cos we didnt wanna use your unreliable irc server? thats the only thing i can recall that made you guys different from the rest
Former Eclipse Planetarion Military Officer
-Forever Lurking on the Darkside-

Round 10.5- 22:8:6 [ViruS]Playmates[Urwins] #1 Galaxy
========================
O' Canada!
Aaranaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Aug 2003, 08:18   #52
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Cochese
I refer you to rounds 4-6, in which Cows the community was vastly more successful than r8-9.5, with Cows the alliance.

Could be that the reason is cause u leeched defence of ur other alliances back then?

Much like dragons( a BG, and a comunity), has done for the last rounds too.

Guess we will see if they do much better than MadCows now going into it as an alliance.

[edit] Addded in that Dragons are a community

Last edited by isildurx; 21 Aug 2003 at 11:14.
isildurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Aug 2003, 08:59   #53
Legator
Pr0nstar

Legator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by Aaranaf
fine. i could name some happenings with the Olympian HC if i must, but i wont.

2nd- again, what did olympians do? put up a fight cos we didnt wanna use your unreliable irc server? thats the only thing i can recall that made you guys different from the rest

all of you ppl gave up. few attempts sometims to get it running and having meetings that was all.

no communication, nothing. at the beginning all was looking shiny but after the first few days when we got hitted all went quite and all went inactive.

well not all... but there were some more inactive as others were...
i wont name anoyne because its over and senseless now. but this
was worse than newx in r7
Honoured to have been [1up] Member

VfL Bochum >*
Legator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Aug 2003, 09:49   #54
Aaranaf
[=V=] Executive

Aaranaf is an unknown quantity at this point
i totally agree Legator. things were looking great until we were bashed. and yeah, most did give up.

what just pisses me off is some people have the audacity to think that THEY were dragged down by everyone... when in reality, they were no better then anyone else.

olympians gave up just as much as her allies did (again, bar Vision, they were usually the ones ready to fight)
Former Eclipse Planetarion Military Officer
-Forever Lurking on the Darkside-

Round 10.5- 22:8:6 [ViruS]Playmates[Urwins] #1 Galaxy
========================
O' Canada!
Aaranaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Aug 2003, 09:59   #55
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute
Olympians didn't give up, I dunno what their allies did, but I know that when looking at roids/score loss/gain olympians and vision were on top, most of the times I asked. I didn not see any cooperation between the 5 alliances, as a member. All I saw was the cooperation between my gal group, between people from the mentioned alliances(Cause of vvomm being hit very early, both vvomm and my group died) I can however say tho, that my group was one of the last to give up. Only when newsscan came we were given about no chance to defend ourselves ingal.

How did the coords come out again?

-Jonas-

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Aug 2003, 10:24   #56
lizardking
tappajahai!

lizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally posted by isildurx
Much like dragons( a BG, not a community), has done for the last rounds too.
Ðragons was, is and will forever be a community no matter if we're playing Planetarion or not.

<[eX]MacTAnzu> u playing in the.. what was it.. game.planetarion.com ? or in pirate.planetarion.com ?

Ðragons

eX undercover Nihilum HC (thx to bwtmc)
lizardking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Aug 2003, 10:48   #57
Jurgen
The Ðragon

Jurgen can only hope to improve
L0l!

Ðragons for being battlegroup not community... lol... I think we r the only alliance in what all the hc's have been in the same parties many times even if we r not from the same country.
I think we r more community than any other group of pa can be actually. PA is like my second life and Ðragons r that family. I don't say we r better in planetarion than u rest nor can I claim our community is better since I haven't seen all of the other communities, but I can say this is the best community that I've ever seen and I'm sure many can agree with me in this1.
Maddix: I'm sure u know ****loads of Ðragons... I hardly recall ur name from the past rounds... I think u were part of legion while I had my spynick there r5 or summit maybe I'm mistaken couldn't actually care less... heh.
Maybe u r so sure about Ðragons going down after forming this NaP between Eclipse and Tot block and RaH. I wish all the best luck to you and your block... Don't try to get 2 many allies otherwice Ðragons might not be able to bash u down totally.

P.S. Maddix don't read this1 this is not meant for u so don't read this.

Ok all my m8's in RaH and Eclipse this is not meant to flame any of u just aimed to maddix to make him angry. I wanna c sum more flame for his allmighty spirit.
Btw. piaz is shiva still playing iwth u and RaH?

-----> Started to Ðring now gonna Ðrink all days to teh start of the next round with my m8's in belgium and holland so be nice here... don't flame me or Ðragons 2 much since I'm not here to deff us :::
The Forsakenlands - The Ðragon
Together we stand divided we fall.
--
Used to be a Wolf - When you once see a Wolf you are already surrounded.
Jurgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Aug 2003, 11:44   #58
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute
Re: L0l!

Quote:
Originally posted by Jurgen

I think we r more community than any other group of pa can be actually.
Ohh and I wouldn't wanna bet on that m8, seriously. Then again I don't know how the community of Dragons is, but I know that FAnG has been a gaming community (as in more then just PA) since r7 and FA (part of FAnG) has been that since r2.
So claiming you're the more of a community imo is nonsence.

rgds Kj

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Aug 2003, 12:00   #59
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Scouse is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Re: L0l!

Quote:
Originally posted by Kjeldoran
Ohh and I wouldn't wanna bet on that m8, seriously. Then again I don't know how the community of Dragons is, but I know that FAnG has been a gaming community (as in more then just PA) since r7 and FA (part of FAnG) has been that since r2.
So claiming you're the more of a community imo is nonsence.

rgds Kj
You're funny. FAnG just has to be better than everyone all of the time, doesn't it?

Considering the Dragons meetings that their members attend in Finland, and the fact that they actually know each other in real life, I'd say he's got the right to say Dragons has a better community than most.

However, I'd say LDK beat Dragons in that aspect.
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Funny Film Reviews :: SWOS
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Aug 2003, 12:05   #60
Legator
Pr0nstar

Legator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

*cough* *cough*

VfL Bochum >*
Unread 21 Aug 2003, 12:08   #61
Legator
Pr0nstar

Quote:
Originally posted by Jonas

-Jonas-

i cant recall it 100% anymore (im getting old). but i think it was Atlas who was hacked (tits/oly arbiter)

VfL Bochum >*
Unread 21 Aug 2003, 13:20   #62
Maddix
Imposter?

Maddix is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Maddix: I'm sure u know ****loads of Ðragons... I hardly recall ur name from the past rounds... I think u were part of legion while I had my spynick there r5 or summit maybe I'm mistaken couldn't actually care less... heh.
I don't really care if you recall my name from past rounds or not, just because you consider yourself (more) important does not mean you are always correct as I will now prove...

Quote:
Maybe u r so sure about Ðragons going down after forming this NaP between Eclipse and Tot block and RaH. I wish all the best luck to you and your block... Don't try to get 2 many allies otherwice Ðragons might not be able to bash u down totally.
What the **** are you talking about?

If I understand correctly, which I probably don't due to a complete lack of sense in your posting - you are saying that RaH, Eclipse and ToT have formed a block for R10 with the sole aim of bashing Dragons? Perhaps you missed Petru's opinion of Eclipse from a recent thread. Oh look Jurgen is making himself look silly...again

I would love to know where you get your intel, cos maybe they can keep all the alliances supposedly in this block better informed, I'm sure Germania, Zhil and Sonnenbomber would all love to know about the deal we've made

Quote:
P.S. Maddix don't read this1 this is not meant for u so don't read this.
Okay

Quote:
Ok all my m8's in RaH and Eclipse this is not meant to flame any of u just aimed to maddix to make him angry. I wanna c sum more flame for his allmighty spirit.
Btw. piaz is shiva still playing iwth u and RaH?
Oops, was this the bit I wasn't meant to read?

Letting me know you are trying to get me angry (altho strangely I don't get angry when other people make a fool of themselves) tends to have a detremental effect on the reaction you are after...if you want a tip for the future

And to answer your question, incase Pia misses it, Shiva has not been in RaH for approximately two rounds.

R2: XXV
R3: Æternals
R4: Fx9/Wolfpack
R5: Legion
R6: Legion BC
R7: Legion BC
R8: RaH BC
R9: RaH HC
Maddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Aug 2003, 13:22   #63
General Martok
used to register

General Martok has a spectacular aura aboutGeneral Martok has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
I don't wanna wake you from your pleasant dreams, but I'm quite positive that TFD has build a more attached community during the last 40 months. The rl meetings we had in that time are immense, though we have the region advantage ofc And the old LDK (before foreigners were allowed in) were almost all rl friends too i heared.
R1: ??:?? | R2: 51:6 | R3: 37:12 | R4: 186:13 | R5: 13:17 | R6: 1:25
R7: 15:14 | R8: 34:4 / 52:10 ¤ | R9: 16:2 | R9.5: 34:6 / 41:6 ¤
R10: 2:2 | R10.5: 15:4 | R11: 28:8 | R12: 22:9

Damn, outdated and too lazy to edit, retired now
-----
Started playing again Still too lazy to update though
General Martok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Aug 2003, 14:15   #64
lizardking
tappajahai!

lizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud of
Jurgen: I think u've had enough of Seto for 1 day Guess I need to slap u back into real world when I get into Helsinki 2morrow
Say hi to Gorgo for me.

to Maddix:

It makes me laugh more each time u post summit these days
It's also quite funny when u state things u say here r merely ur own opinions, without any affect to ur alliance whatsoever. If u really think that's true, then u must be either blind or a fool. .. or maybe both, dunno. I don't know u so can't tell, nor do I want to.

to Rah in general:

It'll surely be fun to meet u all in the battlefield. May the best alliance win :-)
I hope u won't block to save ur spine, coz blocking is lame ok? Besides 1vs1 is always more fun =)

And hum...just to get back to the old topic, I don't think it was Jurgen's intension to start argument about which community is the best. I'm sure all communities have their up and down sides. I've made couple of dozen rl m8s during these ~6,5 rounds I've played this far and most of those friends r ofc land m8s, but for example 2morrow we'll be flying to Belgium and from there to Holland, just to have sum quality time with PA m8s and Ðragons who r gathering there to c us

So well I would say we have a pretty tight community. Maybe it's not the best around, but I wouldn't change it for any other either

-liz-

<[eX]MacTAnzu> u playing in the.. what was it.. game.planetarion.com ? or in pirate.planetarion.com ?

Ðragons

Unread 21 Aug 2003, 15:33   #65
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute
Just wondering.

Seeing as most dragons (afaik) are students or young people.

How on earth do you have the money to drink 'every day' and travel aruond europe a bunch of times?
Unread 21 Aug 2003, 15:47   #66
SpazMonster
No, really...

SpazMonster is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Not at all Baco, be pround Olympians carried proudly on in their tradition of mediocrity.
Tradition? Doesn't that require some sort of past or history? Round 9 was Olympians first round. If they remained mediocre while getting hammered by 70-80% of the universe I would be quite proud and accepting of that.
Unread 21 Aug 2003, 16:00   #67
Maddix
Imposter?

Quote:
Originally posted by lizardking
to Maddix:

It makes me laugh more each time u post summit these days
It's also quite funny when u state things u say here r merely ur own opinions, without any affect to ur alliance whatsoever. If u really think that's true, then u must be either blind or a fool. .. or maybe both, dunno. I don't know u so can't tell, nor do I want to.
Thats funny, makes me laugh reading most of the Dragons posting also Personal insults are most unbecoming btw, especially when you don't know someone

Quote:
Originally posted by lizardking
to Rah in general:

It'll surely be fun to meet u all in the battlefield. May the best alliance win :-)
I hope u won't block to save ur spine, coz blocking is lame ok? Besides 1vs1 is always more fun =)
Is this an official declaration of War from Dragons to RaH then? Fun fun

A word of advice tho, don't try and take the high and mighty seat regarding blocking with us, our history and yours speaks for itself in that respect.

Unread 21 Aug 2003, 16:07   #68
lizardking
tappajahai!

Heh dunno

I can make these trips maybe once in a year (if I'm lucky)
And yes, we have 'lots' of meeting in Finland, usually atleast 4-5 per year.
We just like to gather up and get together to talk about PA, life and eventually try 2 drink each other under tables

f*** I can't wait 2morrow.....
anyways, need to start packing up and set everything ready. This might be my last (and 2nd) post today, so be good and take care :-)

ps: any1 who'd like to catch us in Amsterdam this weekend, feel free to drop me a pm and we can maybe sort out summit, who knows I'll be gone early tomorrow.

Ðragons

Unread 21 Aug 2003, 16:10   #69
lizardking
tappajahai!

No time to argue Maddix, soz (well maybe later 2day; )

well have a good weekend anyway.

I'm really off to rl for few hours.

cyas _o/~

Ðragons

Unread 21 Aug 2003, 16:33   #70
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Jonas
Olympians didn't give up, I dunno what their allies did, but I know that when looking at roids/score loss/gain olympians and vision were on top, most of the times I asked.
Since our arbiter tracked roid/score loss/gain--I believe it updated daily--I had access to that information. It wasn't as cut-and-dry as you think, and anyone who told you so wasn't being entirely honest.

I don't recall the specifics, but I belive Sirad will recall looking over that information and comparing the progress (once VVOMM was left alone) of the various alliances involved. No one alliance was consistently on 'top' in roid/score gain; it fluctuated depending on the previous nights' targets.

Quote:
Some say hacking of the arbiter, but since it was IP specific, I don't know much about that. We had plenty of defectors, and I was told by reliable sources many offered "member lists" and so forth in exchange for 'asylum'.

It's not far-fetched though; if there's one thing a vvomm member couldn't do, it's keep their ****ing mouth shut.

The obvious 3rd option, it was quite easy for the other side to see which planets weren't theirs and doing well on the rankings, and on their own pilkara-type tools (vvomm as a whole got off to a great start, making ourselves even easier to find by that method).

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Aug 2003, 16:41   #71
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Re: Re: L0l!

Quote:
Originally posted by Scouse
You're funny. FAnG just has to be better than everyone all of the time, doesn't it?
no, but FAnG is the biggest GAMING community Scouse, no way around. We have been playing other games ( like FPS and MMORPG games) since r7 as FAnG and even earlier as FA. So for once would you just keep posting to the things you have a clue about?
It's just not fair to claim you're more a community then another one. So they meet irl, wow, let's now adore them cause that's the most important aspect of ONLINE communities ...

Mind the word ONLINE, which means the community primaly exist over the net.

So yes scouse, with all my arrogance I still claim to be a bigger gaming community then Dragons. Why? we got more members, we play more games and we've been playing more games longer then they have.

rgds Kj

FA Gaming community

Unread 21 Aug 2003, 16:45   #72
Sonnenbomber
ToT HC

Sonnenbomber is on a distinguished road
Quote:
your dragons intel is really lovely, Jurgen.
I didnt spoke Maddix since R9 and Volcano last time in beginning of R9.5..
but we're in one block? perhaps your spys should work a bit better.
after my knowledge RaH is going solo and ToT hasnt any agreements till yet for PA R10.
perhaps you should accept that every ally does his own politics and you shouldnt try to create rumours about new powerblocks to justify your own one at a later time.
R4 120:25 Cäsar of Roman Empire (p25a)
R5 14:9 Sonnenbomber of Reschis Götterhimmel (ToT Trialmember)
R6 23:14 Häuptling Kaltes Warmes und Fließendes Wasser (ToT BC)
R7 7:12 Dummheit kann man nicht verbieten (ToT HC)
R8 15:1 Gummizofe of Brigade 0 (ToT HC)
R9 16:3 Vicky Vomit of The yoghourt bums around quiet (ToT HC)
R10 13:10 KratzDeinPupsloch of DurchfallImWeltAll (ToT HC)
R11-12 Reallife and other games
Sonnenbomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Aug 2003, 17:13   #73
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Quote:
Originally posted by Kjeldoran
So yes scouse, with all my arrogance I still claim to be a bigger gaming community then Dragons. Why? we got more members, we play more games and we've been playing more games longer then they have.
Re-read what he said, he said 'more a community', nothing to do with gaming. I really couldn't give a fk who has a bigger gaming community or who knows each other better in RL. I simply intended to point out your absolute refusal to have anything bad said about FAnG. He didn't even say 'We are better than FAnG' either, yet you still had to reply with 'FAnG are better'. Blind loyalty is not a good thing, and you're suffering terribly from it.
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Unread 21 Aug 2003, 22:08   #74
Biusa
Proud to be a Ðragon!

Biusa is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Re-read what he said, he said 'more a community', nothing to do with gaming. I really couldn't give a fk who has a bigger gaming community or who knows each other better in RL. I simply intended to point out your absolute refusal to have anything bad said about FAnG. He didn't even say 'We are better than FAnG' either, yet you still had to reply with 'FAnG are better'. Blind loyalty is not a good thing, and you're suffering terribly from it.
Indeed. We aren't the most wide spread online gaming community (compared to FAnG like you said, for example) and we never claimed that.
Ðragons have always put a lot of value in the community as itself, it's always been friends-based - whether it's a channel to idle in, abg channel, or now, an alliance (to idle in)

The word ONLINE community is a bit limited in my opinion. Some of the original Ðragons were already mates in real life, and the majority of the new guys knew some of the veteran Dragons in real life. If not, they were already good mates from the past and hopefully, they'll meet some other Ðragons
Like lizardking stated, the Higher command of Ðragons has evolved into a 1337 drinking society and we are spreading the trend world wide Tomorrow we will invade Belgium and Netherlands, beware (roarwr, the first signs of this could be seen in Finland when Rob-, Berten and NeverL visited us finns (atleast 10+ finnish Ðragons were present, too) @ SamiStock '03, Gorgoroth's own music festival for friends.

This is da real ****.
cypher is gonna get rap0red tomorrow \o/

tada,
Biusa|packing
Unread 22 Aug 2003, 00:08   #75
Sonnenbomber
ToT HC

Sonnenbomber is on a distinguished road
is it necessary to have a "community-discussion" in this thread?
O_o
there are surely a small number of allys/communitys which bases on RL friendships like ToT and Dragons and some communitys which bases more in onlinegaming only(like ViruS and FAnG eg). fine, its everyones personal decission. I definitly prefer the RL part, but this doesnt allow me to compare the quality of the community between FAnG and ToT (just to give an example).
perhaps you should go back to the real intetion of this thread.

PS: Jurgen, I still wait for an answer.
R4 120:25 Cäsar of Roman Empire (p25a)
R5 14:9 Sonnenbomber of Reschis Götterhimmel (ToT Trialmember)
R6 23:14 Häuptling Kaltes Warmes und Fließendes Wasser (ToT BC)
R7 7:12 Dummheit kann man nicht verbieten (ToT HC)
R8 15:1 Gummizofe of Brigade 0 (ToT HC)
R9 16:3 Vicky Vomit of The yoghourt bums around quiet (ToT HC)
R10 13:10 KratzDeinPupsloch of DurchfallImWeltAll (ToT HC)
R11-12 Reallife and other games
Sonnenbomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Aug 2003, 06:40   #76
Biusa
Proud to be a Ðragon!

Biusa is an unknown quantity at this point
Agreed
Unread 22 Aug 2003, 11:05   #77
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Quote:
Originally posted by Legator
i cant recall it 100% anymore (im getting old). but i think it was Atlas who was hacked (tits/oly arbiter)
The reason your coords got out in round 9 was because there was about 45 people with HC access. The HC of your block made the massive error of giving everyone HC access (so they could add intel).

Plus another 20 with Officer access.

Unread 22 Aug 2003, 11:22   #78
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Indeed you are right, there was no need to really do much Weet was practically able to hit all gals which were non weet/nar in the start. Nar usually booked 1-2 paras while any significant galaxys in the others were usually taken.

Especially in the start there were some high profile defectors, even before the first shot fell. Eclipse refused to take any in but i know for sure other alliances traded "memberlists for protection" in some cases.
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Razorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Aug 2003, 11:37   #79
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
then re-read my initial post aswell Scouse. They claimed they are the better community, I don't agree to that and I prove them that at gaming, FAnG is a better one.
I didn't defend FAnG or anything, I only doubted his point and proved he isn't right, to me atleast.

And Scouse, I know you like to claim it, but I do NOT jump on every occasion to defend my FAnG and infact (and you can ask some pple) I'm often openminded to constructive criticisme towards myself or FAnG, yet I haven't seen a single constructive one on AD since maybe a few rounds or so.

rgds Kj

FA Gaming community

Unread 22 Aug 2003, 11:42   #80
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally posted by Biusa
Indeed. We aren't the most wide spread online gaming community (compared to FAnG like you said, for example) and we never claimed that.
Ðragons have always put a lot of value in the community as itself, it's always been friends-based - whether it's a channel to idle in, abg channel, or now, an alliance (to idle in)

The word ONLINE community is a bit limited in my opinion. Some of the original Ðragons were already mates in real life, and the majority of the new guys knew some of the veteran Dragons in real life. If not, they were already good mates from the past and hopefully, they'll meet some other Ðragons
Like lizardking stated, the Higher command of Ðragons has evolved into a 1337 drinking society and we are spreading the trend world wide Tomorrow we will invade Belgium and Netherlands, beware (roarwr, the first signs of this could be seen in Finland when Rob-, Berten and NeverL visited us finns (atleast 10+ finnish Ðragons were present, too) @ SamiStock '03, Gorgoroth's own music festival for friends.

This is da real ****.
cypher is gonna get rap0red tomorrow \o/

tada,
Biusa|packing
Well, I'm glad you know eachother in real life, really I am. But when we talk about communities and PA and alliances, then the meaning of community is ONLINE. Whether you meet irl isn't important, you could call yerself something else if you like.

And why did Jurgen say Dragons are more a community (mind the meaning of the word related to PA) then any other alliance would have?

nway, have fun on your meetings, if you drop by antwerp make sure I don't hear you etc cause else I might spoil it all

rgds Kj

FA Gaming community

Unread 22 Aug 2003, 12:34   #81
MegaNova
m33p

MegaNova is a jewel in the roughMegaNova is a jewel in the roughMegaNova is a jewel in the roughMegaNova is a jewel in the rough
Mr dictionary sais that a community =
A group of people living in the same locality and under the same government.
The district or locality in which such a group lives.
A group of people having common interests: the scientific community; the international business community.
A group viewed as forming a distinct segment of society: the gay community; the community of color.
Similarity or identity: a community of interests.
Sharing, participation, and fellowship.

Talking about who's community is the best, is one the most stupid thing i have heared. How can you measure it? Its the same with boobs. Its about your own opinion. one likes em huge the other a little smaller. one wants big nipples, the other wants small ones. And the last one likes men.

So i think that PA itself is the biggest community.
Unread 22 Aug 2003, 12:38   #82
DarkAngel
Nothing Is Forever.

DarkAngel is an unknown quantity at this point
what meganova said :P ^^
Unread 22 Aug 2003, 13:19   #83
Treveler
Its time to roll the dice

Treveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant future
Likewise! :-)
Unread 22 Aug 2003, 17:05   #84
wubanger
what do you care...

wubanger is an unknown quantity at this point
the HC's of the original VOM are the 1st ones who you want to look at towards the collapse of VvomM later on.they had all the pull and say so anyway. I'd go into detail but A) I don't care but I haven't seen much truth here yet.... B) posting logs are bad and c) Everyone knows that OLY, their server situation, and general attitude towards the rest of us was a main factor in the breakdown of communication. Don't make me post logs here gentlemen, I have nothing to lose or gain by it and would be my pleasure as I hate finger pointing and you did nothing at all to be spared your fair share of blame for that mockery of a block

PS as for how the coords were leaked..I can recall a few instances of high ranking officers defecting rather early and some spies being given access. They were quickly discovered but the damage was done already unfortunately

Former Member
Ministry(HC), Xanadu(WingHC) and 1up (peon)

Last edited by wubanger; 22 Aug 2003 at 17:14.
wubanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Aug 2003, 19:08   #85
Legator
Pr0nstar

Quote:
Originally posted by wubanger
the HC's of the original VOM are the 1st ones who you want to look at towards the collapse of VvomM later on.they had all the pull and say so anyway. I'd go into detail but A) I don't care but I haven't seen much truth here yet.... B) posting logs are bad and c) Everyone knows that OLY, their server situation, and general attitude towards the rest of us was a main factor in the breakdown of communication. Don't make me post logs here gentlemen, I have nothing to lose or gain by it and would be my pleasure as I hate finger pointing and you did nothing at all to be spared your fair share of blame for that mockery of a block

PS as for how the coords were leaked..I can recall a few instances of high ranking officers defecting rather early and some spies being given access. They were quickly discovered but the damage was done already unfortunately
the main point wasnt olys attitude, the main point was that ALMOST NONE had the spirit to fight.

some ppl were to arrogant to take it that a lost war is possible. the server **** etc was just something really very unimportant.

it was more energy spend about the server fight than on anything else.....some big egos played their game.

VfL Bochum >*
Unread 22 Aug 2003, 21:10   #86
wubanger
what do you care...

wubanger is an unknown quantity at this point
for the most part you are spot on with that, but communication was atrocious in the start. That's all I was getting at, everything else was a result of that and a few other petty things. At least VSN came out of it intact and gained a little overdue respect

Feel free to find me on irc one day if you wanna go into the controversial parts

Former Member
Ministry(HC), Xanadu(WingHC) and 1up (peon)
wubanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Aug 2003, 12:31   #87
Legator
Pr0nstar

Quote:
Originally posted by wubanger
for the most part you are spot on with that, but communication was atrocious in the start. That's all I was getting at, everything else was a result of that and a few other petty things. At least VSN came out of it intact and gained a little overdue respect

Feel free to find me on irc one day if you wanna go into the controversial parts

theres nothing to discuss....and you know where im idling if YOU wanna talk

VfL Bochum >*
Unread 23 Aug 2003, 14:30   #88
Jurgen
The Ðragon

Jurgen can only hope to improve
Ehm... Sonnen... not much sense to wait for a fast reply if I tell in my post h0w I'm gonna be high in belgium and holland for next 2 weeks.

Anyways... Amsterdam rlz... Ill get sum joint now and then come back to my reply just a sec.

Ok... so... u maybe didn't notice how this post of mine was made to provoke maddix. And why tot rah and eclipse? It just sounded right heh... just look at the history... ever seen those 3 fighting each other? Not me...
Ever seen those 3 attacking together... hum... seen that for the nearly all rounds those 3 bein around.

If maddix thinks he knows summit about Ðragons why can't I claim same thing about his alliance? ;-)

Peace out men...
The Forsakenlands - The Ðragon
Together we stand divided we fall.
--
Used to be a Wolf - When you once see a Wolf you are already surrounded.
Jurgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Aug 2003, 14:21   #89
Maddix
Imposter?

Quote:
Ok... so... u maybe didn't notice how this post of mine was made to provoke maddix. And why tot rah and eclipse? It just sounded right heh... just look at the history... ever seen those 3 fighting each other? Not me...
Ever seen those 3 attacking together... hum... seen that for the nearly all rounds those 3 bein around.

If maddix thinks he knows summit about Ðragons why can't I claim same thing about his alliance? ;-)
Hahahaha, you're postings are bad enough when you are not high or drunk, why make things worse?

You obviously don't know your history too well, nor what the **** you are really talking about at all. In fact I don't think anyone does, at the time of your post my only reference to Dragons on this thread was suggesting that MadCows may replace them as the 'alliance-type battle group'.

If that is to what you are refering, then your "made up alliance" reference is based entirely on facts in your own mind, while the fact that Dragons was a Battle Group that acted more like an alliance is a fact that has been apparent to everyone for several rounds.

I eagerly await the day you post and don't make yourself look like a fool

Unread 24 Aug 2003, 23:13   #90
Guran
Puppet Master

Guran will become famous soon enoughGuran will become famous soon enough
Boys boys, you should learn to stick to the topics.
Unread 25 Aug 2003, 09:09   #91
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute
lol, its not the first post that has gotten a bit "out of hand"

However, thanks to this post there was a sticky made, about the issue, so Im satisfied

-Jonas-

Retired
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 15:10   #92
Alas
Celestial

Alas is an unknown quantity at this point
lo m8 Jonas
R3: 24:16 (n00b, ViruS)
R4: 162:23 (ViruS)
R5: 6:1 (Nothing)
R6: 16:1 (Xanadu)
R7: 25:12 (Xanadu)
Alas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Aug 2003, 11:03   #93
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Hey man!!

Saw this some days ago, but the db was fked so I couldnt post. Left you a private message tho. Find me on irc m8

-Jonas-

Retired
Unread 30 Aug 2003, 11:16   #94
dabult
Ark-miner wannabe

dabult will become famous soon enoughdabult will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally posted by Alas
lo m8 Jonas

Omg youre back and gonna play??! :eek: hiya

This is all so much funny ****..lets all compete and compare where the best community is, and who has the most and best rl-meetings!!!1 lol

Amusing read though
Unread 30 Aug 2003, 15:53   #95
Golin
Retard

Golin is on a distinguished road
JBGood ur mailbox is full. (oh)
[RETARDS] will be playing r10.
ta.
I LIKE PAUL2.
HE IS MY FRIEND.
HE IS THE BEST FRIEND ANYBODY COULD WISH FOR!
Golin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Sep 2003, 15:44   #96
Chef!
Domestic Diva

Chef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to behold
F-Crew

ph33r teh hamstah (Wakey) and his minions

<rext> chef recall your fleet m8 they going to fc u
<Chef> recall my fleet?
<Chef> ive not logged in for two days

Its Only Nasty, When Its Not True.
Chef! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Sep 2003, 02:48   #97
CrazySpoon
Pimpin Spoon

CrazySpoon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Aaranaf
tell me. what did Olympians do which made them better allies then anyone else ? so what, you had a few higher scoring players. that doesnt make you better allies though.

as far as im concerned, you guys polluted VOM as much as the next.

though, i will agree, Vision were outstanding allies
First of all I want to mention memberlists. If it wasnt for Oly pushing it we wouldnt have had them before protection was over. I think it was Sirad who was about the only one helping from the other alliances.

Next to that the complaints about the server where plain said lame. We never had problems with the servers. Its not my fault 1 gal channel wasnt locked with Cservice the way it should.

Ministry was dead before the round ended. Virus splitted. And MadCows where about dead end R9. All these things must mean something. Maybe its that the HC of Olympians and the HC of Vision go allong good wich made it easier to work with I dont know.

And I dont blame any of you in person. Just the lack of agreements that where held caused lot of trouble in the first place. Then about entire PA on our neck caused the rest of the failure imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desse
<Desse> go away
<Desse> you are retired
CrazySpoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Sep 2003, 03:43   #98
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute
IMHO, Rehs was the glue that held things together...when he left, so did the functionality we had spent weeks planning and organizing.

Once the storm had 'passed'--and associated problems cleared up--it seemed to be a damage control mentality all around...no one was interested in VVOMM, only salvaging what they could from their own alliance.

There's nothing wrong with that either, we'd all been battered to hell and needed to put our respective alliances' first.

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Sep 2003, 16:31   #99
Tesla
Custom User Title

Tesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally posted by CrazySpoon
First of all I want to mention memberlists. If it wasnt for Oly pushing it we wouldnt have had them before protection was over. I think it was Sirad who was about the only one helping from the other alliances.

Next to that the complaints about the server where plain said lame. We never had problems with the servers. Its not my fault 1 gal channel wasnt locked with Cservice the way it should.

Ministry was dead before the round ended. Virus splitted. And MadCows where about dead end R9. All these things must mean something. Maybe its that the HC of Olympians and the HC of Vision go allong good wich made it easier to work with I dont know.

And I dont blame any of you in person. Just the lack of agreements that where held caused lot of trouble in the first place. Then about entire PA on our neck caused the rest of the failure imo.
Ministry had 50 members. Where we fcked up was when we didnt go wiv Ely and WP as planned due to the fact that we liked Vision and had seen great help from them in the past.. In addition to having 2 ex-Ministry ppl in Madcows HC...
And about the server: The olympians one was utter total wank whereas the Ministry one was rockstable, but nooooo u couldnt admit that ours was better. Even though ours was under constant supervision of dropt|afk who made the fckin thing. Why was this anyway ? Olympians 'the pride of the block' was too arrogant ? Not willing to communicate ? U tell me ?
Fck knows that u guys wasn't any better then the rest of us though. I personally found Madcows, Virus (especially Aaranaf) and Vision easy to communicate wiv the little time that I had (I was in army). U guys however seemed stuck on ur high horse, and after the abysmal result that we actually got that round one would think that u fell of that horse instantly, but its hard letting go off the sadle isnt it ?
I however will be admitting; Ministry got owned left, right and centre. We knew this would happen if we lost the round.. We gambled that our block would win as we are known to be good in offense but **** at defense, when we lost we simply sucked and disbanded into Vision and partly Elysium to keep from holding back our very loyal members..
Oh and just to put sum salt in the wounds of the seemingly unbeatable Olympians pride; How was it that u performed in r9,5 again ? How many players did u loose that round (to LDK especially and also sum others) ?

Yeah...thought so...
Tesla is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Sep 2003, 19:34   #100
MegaNova
m33p

MegaNova is a jewel in the roughMegaNova is a jewel in the roughMegaNova is a jewel in the roughMegaNova is a jewel in the rough
Maybe many left afther r9 to LDK and other alliances. But if you look at the top rankings i still have to find the first ViruS guy there and i only see one Vision in there. And there are 6 Oly ppl in there although NIN wasnt oly at that time yet so it would be 5 ppl.