User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 4 Dec 2004, 06:36   #1
Pinkerton
doo doo dah

Pinkerton can only hope to improve
Exclamation Better IRC instructions for newbs.

To the veteran players everything seems extremely easy to understand. But to a newb that has just stumbled upon this game some things are not so clear and they may feel they can't be bothered to take the necessary steps to get setup.

With that said, when i first signed on there were two things that I was not aware of. 1) this is an alliance centered game 2) what the hell was IRC.?

Entering commands? setting up the PERFORM? etc....Easy now that i know . But it would have been harder had i not met a very friendly PA player who walked me through the whole setup.

The importance of these 2 ( alliances & IRC) should be made clear in BIG BOLD LETTERS for the clueless newb (me two months ago) How to down load and setup an IRC client and connect to the correct server. ( Some people don't even know what a server is) or where to enter it..so they don't even bother to do it.

The main point is to make the set up of IRC more user friendly ( I know that people will think that it is absurd because it is so easy now that you know but so is the Chinese language), And to emphasize its importance and make it appear simple to set up.

I know there is a guide on the side bar of the panel, but that could be made clearer and more prominent on the page [RED and BLINKING]

Or whatever……..I was just reflecting on my earlier misconceptions of what the game was about. It’s a great game and I’ll keep playing. This thread was started on the idea of how to get more new players to sign up and STAY…instead of quitting after a few days because the heart of the game is inaccessible to them without more guidance