User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 18 May 2012, 03:38   #1
tulsa
Registered Loser

tulsa will become famous soon enoughtulsa will become famous soon enough
Disallow Havoc Alliances

Havoc alliances really ruin the whole havoc experience. It's certainly not fun if you're not in factory, and I can't imagine it's even fun to be in factory at this point - now that the universe is pretty well picked clean. How hard would it be to disallow new alliances & new members after tick 1177? Better yet, disallow ingame alliances altogether and put it all on irc/webbies to orchestrate things - old school style.

Factory lameness must come to an end!!!
tulsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 May 2012, 06:54   #2
CBA
Mind-boggling

CBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these parts
Re: Disallow Havoc Alliances

who cares?

Havoc is just a bit of fun after a lengthy round (7 weeks is lengthy!)

R21-Randy Dandys Winners R21
1:9:5 -SoClose- -YetSoFar-

You have pending friend requests from Newt.
CBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 May 2012, 08:16   #3
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'm firmly on the side of "lol havoc is lame, only losers play it lol". I still agree with this suggestion.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 May 2012, 13:24   #4
tulsa
Registered Loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBA View Post
Havoc is just a bit of fun after a lengthy round (7 weeks is lengthy!)
Agreed, 7 weeks is a long time. Much longer than I can ever last in t100 without crashing. That said, havoc fun should not be limited to the 80 players that jump into factory, it should be fun for all!
Unread 18 May 2012, 15:40   #5
Reincarnate
ToF

Reincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to all

i agree with all of the above, somehow. havoc is lame but if some people wanna play it fine. if you are gonna play it is the saddest thing i have ever seen for 90% of the people who bother to all join the same alliance.

my best idea would be hunt down and kill IRL all factory players.
[19:10] <coffee-> dont worry about Reincarnate he is an angry man

R1 - 9 none | R10.5 - 13 [ToF] | R14 [Reunion] | R15-17 [Subh] | R18 - 36 PA vacation | R37 [Evo] | R38 [NFI] | R39 & 40 [ToF] | R41 [Omega] | R42 - 47 [ToF][HC]
Reincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 May 2012, 17:09   #6
TheoDD
Othello Champion, Solitaire Champion, Anime BlackJack Champion

TheoDD has a spectacular aura aboutTheoDD has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reincarnate View Post
i agree with all of the above, somehow. havoc is lame but if some people wanna play it fine. if you are gonna play it is the saddest thing i have ever seen for 90% of the people who bother to all join the same alliance.

and people wonder why the pa community is perishing
TheoDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 May 2012, 18:17   #7
CBA
Mind-boggling

CBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reincarnate View Post

After or before killing me?

R21-Randy Dandys Winners R21
1:9:5 -SoClose- -YetSoFar-

You have pending friend requests from Newt.
CBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 May 2012, 19:59   #8
tulsa
Registered Loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheoDD View Post
and people wonder why the pa community is perishing
At some point it seems this community would take better care of itself. I see a lot of finger pointing on this forum regarding the demise of PA (mostly at MH's and Jagex), all the while a blatant disregard for any ownership of communal responsibility persists. I'm going to really get burned for saying this */me cringes* but there are a lot of really smart, talented people around here [insert least favorite player here for omission]. If we really wanted to attract and teach and train new players I'm sure we could. But it seems the majority would rather find ways to exploit positive personal outcomes than contribute to the greater good.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the only thing that will save PA is a digression from the cheating, ruining, hating atmosphere that continues to pervail here. For everyone that doesn't act like a dbag, thanks for keeping a glimmer of fun up in this joint and I'll see you on the battlefield!

*steps down from soap box and goes back to work
Unread 18 May 2012, 21:42   #9
Benneh
Non directed and witty

Benneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet society

I agree, i thought havoc was to have some fun hitting people you couldnt properly hit in the real round...

Alliances should be turned off and resources should be given out more frequently. Would make it for more fun.
Benneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 May 2012, 23:42   #10
Connovar
YAAARRGH!

Connovar is a jewel in the roughConnovar is a jewel in the roughConnovar is a jewel in the rough

I completely agree with this post, havoc is just for fun yea, but its spoiled by the creation of the 'super-alliance' factory.

What fun do members of factory actually get out of it?

I tried to play this round, with my galaxy, for a bit of a laugh. It quickly became impossible to find targets worth hitting that didnt instantly get 5 defense fleets. And then I started to get lolwaves from those brave soles in factory.

I managed to stay in the top 10 for a while, my gal was top for a fair bit too, but after the futility of it all smacked me in the face, much like the rest of this game, i decided to crash my fleet and save myself the heartache.

Last edited by Connovar; 19 May 2012 at 01:29.
Connovar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2012, 00:40   #11
budious
Egoistic Warmonger

budious has a spectacular aura aboutbudious has a spectacular aura about

+1 Connovar's comments

I think it's just sad that we need to have an intervention for 80 people and explain to them why thinking it is okay to be in Factory is the wrong mentality for the PA community.
budious is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2012, 00:55   #12
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benneh View Post
I agree, i thought havoc was to have some fun hitting people you couldnt properly hit in the real round...
You're just mad you couldn't win.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 20 May 2012, 02:06   #13
Benneh
Non directed and witty

Benneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
You're just mad you couldn't win.
And you make posts on a game you no longer sign up for!
Least i try!
Unread 20 May 2012, 07:52   #14
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

some people are teaming in a group of 4 or 5 in beta, and i havent seen anymore than 2 actives other than them in any of the beta 'rounds' yet

now thats lame!
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 May 2012, 09:45   #15
neroon

neroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of light

Havoc is kinda pointless anyways.. havoc with alliances is totally ridiculous though
Unread 20 May 2012, 10:03   #16
Mzyxptlk
mz.

No more pointless than the actual round is.
Unread 20 May 2012, 21:23   #17
Wouter

Wouter is just really niceWouter is just really niceWouter is just really niceWouter is just really niceWouter is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
No more pointless than the actual round is.
You just say that cause ur wife/gf, doesnt let you play anymore!
Wouter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 2012, 07:44   #18
Benneh
Non directed and witty

Quote:
Originally Posted by wouter View Post
you just say that cause ur wife/gf, doesnt let you play anymore!
haahhaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Unread 22 May 2012, 13:58   #19
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Don't laugh.
Unread 23 May 2012, 19:22   #20
MiX
Who cares?

MiX has a spectacular aura aboutMiX has a spectacular aura aboutMiX has a spectacular aura about

alliances in havoc are dumb. I left mine the minute havoc started to launch 3 fleets anywhere I wanted. Was kind of an odd feeling when some of those fleets pulled ~5 out of gal defenders. I mean really?

Of course I quit havoc the day after.
MiX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2012, 22:26   #21
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiX View Post
alliances in havoc are dumb. I left mine the minute havoc started to launch 3 fleets anywhere I wanted. Was kind of an odd feeling when some of those fleets pulled ~5 out of gal defenders. I mean really?

Of course I quit havoc the day after.
its a pity they can't planet manage this good in a real round , but I guess its easy to look good when your the only ones trying . if your in factorys and you have any respect left for yourself then I suggest you hit the leave alliance button now

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 May 2012, 09:35   #22
Mistwraith
Bad Girl

Mistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud of

Just bear in mind that even if they are removed they are still created.
R11 -> NOW HR HC
(a round history not condusive to suceeding in exams, having a life or much sleep )
I'm not misunderstood ... I'm EVIL
Mistwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 May 2012, 09:53   #23
Blue_Esper

Blue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistwraith View Post
Just bear in mind that even if they are removed they are still created.
at least the functionality of defense would be reduced.
Unread 6 Jun 2012, 05:27   #24
Aedolaws

Aedolaws is on a distinguished road

I don't need to read this, poo on principle, I say allow them!
Aedolaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jun 2012, 14:53   #25
Clouds

Clouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to behold

I do hope they disallow tags this havoc round.. :|
Clouds is offline   Reply With Quote