User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 4 Nov 2013, 07:27   #1
Korsan
Always MadcowS

Korsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the rough
Free T2 selection

I wondered what would happen if we run a Single Target round with one addition: All T2 targets of all ships can be set by the player...

First we need to do some alterations on that targetting though, like small ships weapons losing effectivity against big ones and other way (through weapon speeed/agility maybe).

Just wondering if people thought about this or what they actually think about such a step and what exactly they could suggest to make this idea work (if possible)
I think some option like this one would add some tactical depth into the game as it is then not just pure and dry bcalc with 0 losses clear landings, but people would have to sacrifice or risk something.

My suggestions so far would be:
- attacker can set T2 on every ship prior to launching
- defender can set T2 until LT
- Ship will do 50-75% less damage on T2
- Landing a battle has to be much more rewarding

On the last point:
Increase the number of XP you can earn and change the way XP is working. Attackers and defenders should be encouraged to battle.
XP should not be counted towards score as suggested many times, but should be spendable on bonusses.
One bonus could be to reclaim the losses by spending x amount of XP (also get rid of salvage and do it through this), say recover 50% of the lost fleet for the bigger part of the earned xp. Numbers has to be set and someone has to seriously burn some brain cells on this but I think the outcome might be very very interesting.

Opinions?

And...

Relation Change Ascendancy and the Horde are now at war with each other.

Last edited by Korsan; 4 Nov 2013 at 08:06.
Korsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Nov 2013, 08:36   #2
Tiamat101

Tiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the rough
Re: Free T2 selection

I like this idea alot, but I'd rather see it as a fixed Targeting. So when you finish research of Hulls 1 you would then be given 24-48 ticks to fix your T2's to what ever you wanted. The constant fluidity would be way too much to change at once, and it would only cause less landings. However this idea has a lot of potential. I have suggested on a few posts that talk about giving the option to customize your own targeting/init either by research or by questing.

I would love to see more bReps, as it stands the only time you see a brep is if someone is afk or sleeps through a landing. But if we make it worth while to land more breps either through xp or other benifits then we should try.
Unread 4 Nov 2013, 08:48   #3
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I don't really see how this will significantly improve the game. That would be OK if it were a small feature, but I'm as sure as I can be without having seen the PA code that this would require a lot of effort to implement (bcalc, production, T2 selection page, ship stats, scans, news, maybe others). So I'm against this.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Nov 2013, 10:36   #4
Plaguuu

Plaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nice

Dont like it all, how will the defender calc with all theese changing t2's.
I rather yatzy for randomness
Plaguuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Nov 2013, 12:13   #5
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

So many variations don't think it would wor.

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Nov 2013, 16:11   #6
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Whilst I encourage Ideas on the forums and cheers for posting Korsan.

It would come down to when the inits would fire (he who fires first wins) to stop races like Cath or Xan being overpowered and would need fine tuned stats... Would be a nightmare to balance the stats.

Looking at the the early game, there would be less incentive to rush hulls 3 and rather rush eta with hulls 1.

I do like the idea of XP being expendable.
May I suggest an idea like having 3 fleet Admirals and 1 base commander.
Have certain properties that can be Aquired via XP.

Edit - thats got me thinking now i'll post a new thread on it at some point.

Last edited by Paisley; 4 Nov 2013 at 16:29. Reason: Will post new thread when Idea is fully thought out
Paisley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Nov 2013, 17:14   #7
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

You can suggest it, or you remember that i posted a thread about that exact idea a few weeks back and you commented on it

http://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=200146
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Nov 2013, 17:51   #8
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Cheers for bringing it to my attention Kaiba, I forgot about this thread
Unread 5 Nov 2013, 12:10   #9
Korsan
Always MadcowS

Korsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paisley View Post
It would come down to when the inits would fire (he who fires first wins) to stop races like Cath or Xan being overpowered and would need fine tuned stats... Would be a nightmare to balance the stats.

Looking at the the early game, there would be less incentive to rush hulls 3 and rather rush eta with hulls 1.

I do like the idea of XP being expendable.
May I suggest an idea like having 3 fleet Admirals and 1 base commander.
Have certain properties that can be Aquired via XP.

Edit - thats got me thinking now i'll post a new thread on it at some point.
I edited my suggestions and put the "50-75% less firepower on T2". This would simply make it not cost effective to run Harpy as BS replacement.

On the Stats part i agree. We need a well tweaked set of stats.

I once suggested also an alternative stat system which got lost though. But this T2 idea also works for that idea so in my opinion it would be a nice change.
I have to admit though that Kaiba's idea is also very good (and i hate to give that douche british some credits )

And...

Unread 5 Nov 2013, 12:24   #10
TheoDD
Othello Champion, Solitaire Champion, Anime BlackJack Champion

TheoDD has a spectacular aura aboutTheoDD has a spectacular aura about

how is free T2 selection a viable idea?

You can't calc any battle properly...
TheoDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2013, 13:36   #11
Plaguuu

Plaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheoDD View Post

You don't need a bcalc to play yatzy
Plaguuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2013, 17:44   #12
Korsan
Always MadcowS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheoDD View Post

I am sure battle commanders don't run a bcalc before running into battle Maybe we all should realize that we need to get rid from this 100% accurate battle predictions.
The initiative to make XP spendable and landing/combat in general more appealing is part of this idea. Without a change in this part any other change doesn't make much sense.

And...

Unread 5 Nov 2013, 18:09   #13
Papadoc

Papadoc is a jewel in the roughPapadoc is a jewel in the roughPapadoc is a jewel in the roughPapadoc is a jewel in the rough

I think you would have to have the targeting selection show up in a scan so that it could be calced. Similar to my pod class selection idea I think it adds complexity and could be fun. It does seem that implementing it could be cumbersome