User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 16 Jun 2009, 13:03   #1
zPeti

zPeti has a spectacular aura aboutzPeti has a spectacular aura aboutzPeti has a spectacular aura about
Planetarion Banner

Hi,

Here is the banner that we've come up so far for advertising PA next round.

Any opinions are much appreciated:
http://apexwebgaming.com/planetarion/

Pete
zPeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jun 2009, 13:31   #2
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Planetarion Banner

Not bad.

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jun 2009, 13:42   #3
voodoo
a pain

voodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond repute

change Obsessive to something more friendly?

and last part: "join us for 7 weeks of raw gaming" or whatnot?

overall i actually like it
Unread 16 Jun 2009, 14:07   #4
Ronin
Legionaire

Ronin will become famous soon enoughRonin will become famous soon enough

agree on voodoo.

cool!

Round 3 - 8 (Legion)
Round 9 - 10.5 (Nos/FanG)
Round 22 - 23 (Jenova)
Round 24 - 28 (CT HC)
Round 31 (DLR)
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jun 2009, 14:07   #5
Juice
The liquid crusader

Juice is on a distinguished road

It looks ok but i must agree with voodoo, please change Obsessive, it makes us look like sad loney gits without a life.
Unread 16 Jun 2009, 14:09   #6
[DW]Entropy
Ent|lunch

[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juice View Post
It looks ok but i must agree with voodoo, please change Obsessive, it makes us look like sad loney gits without a life.
oh and the "7 weeks" part doesn't?

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results."

"Ars longa, vita brevis, occasio praeceps, experimentum periculosum, iudicium difficile"
[DW]Entropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jun 2009, 14:19   #7
M0RPH3US
idle

M0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really nice

i like it

"It´s not about how hard u hit, its about how hard u can get hit and still keep moving forward! How much u can take and still move forward!"
M0RPH3US is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jun 2009, 14:43   #8
[FC]Imperial

[FC]Imperial is a glorious beacon of light[FC]Imperial is a glorious beacon of light[FC]Imperial is a glorious beacon of light[FC]Imperial is a glorious beacon of light[FC]Imperial is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by [DW]Entropy View Post
oh and the "7 weeks" part doesn't?
yet..it's all true.. now other than saying 'if you're a sad, lonely and old git (like us) this game is perfect for you' what do you propose?

While i agree with voodoo and juice, I wouldn' change the word obsessive,i'd change the entire sentence it is use on.

Let's think about what we are trying to say about the game. 'only the obsessive will survive' - I don't play obsessively, yet usually I like to think I survive the round.

If you make it sound too difficult to survive the round (oor get any result) then you won't attract many new players..instead you will get a few mathgeeks who see the challenge in beating the stats.

Should talk about the key points that make Planetarion worth playing. Like 'Stratergy' 'Community' 'Sci-Fi' 'War' 'Controlling a civilisation'

Getting back to the sentence.. perhaps something like 'Strategic supremercy will define the universe'

Also, like Entropy mentioned, I don't like the 7weeks part at the end.. it may shy away those mildly interested in the game. I feel they can find that out later or by reading the portal.

I wouldn't even say join us, sounds like we are desperate for new players. So maybe instead something like 'Prepare your armada, expect war!'

So you could end up with a script like...

'The game the defiend all space games'
'Is back for another round'
'Strategic supremercy will define the universe'
Planetarion
'Prepare your armada, expect war!'

I think this would be more approachable and attract more interest - Not everyone connected to the internet with an interest in the sci-fi genre is an obsessive geek with nothing to do but dominate the universe

Hope this is of use, sorry for being long winded, but trying to be constructive with my comments.
Unread 16 Jun 2009, 14:46   #9
ellonweb

ellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant future

A step in the right direction!
ellonweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jun 2009, 14:50   #10
[DW]Entropy
Ent|lunch

[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold

I think "survival" should be in there, Imp u mentioned you're not obsessive but "survive the round". how about:

'The game the defined all space games'
'Is back for another round'
'Strategic supremacy will define the universe'
Planetarion
'Fight to survive!'

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results."

"Ars longa, vita brevis, occasio praeceps, experimentum periculosum, iudicium difficile"
Unread 16 Jun 2009, 14:59   #11
voodoo
a pain

voodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond repute

not overdoing is something we want to keep in mind as well.

keep it simple and appealing is what we are looking for i think
Unread 16 Jun 2009, 16:14   #12
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Obsessive needs to change to something a tad bit more friendly. other than that, cool.
Unread 16 Jun 2009, 17:05   #13
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by zPeti View Post
Hi,

Here is the banner that we've come up so far for advertising PA next round.

Any opinions are much appreciated:

Pete
Capitalizing 'The Obsessive' looks unprofessional. Other than that it's all right. Banners are pretty 2001, much like PA
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jun 2009, 20:15   #14
SpaceMonkey
Warden
Reactor Champion

SpaceMonkey is a splendid one to beholdSpaceMonkey is a splendid one to beholdSpaceMonkey is a splendid one to beholdSpaceMonkey is a splendid one to beholdSpaceMonkey is a splendid one to beholdSpaceMonkey is a splendid one to beholdSpaceMonkey is a splendid one to behold

This is terrible, I don't know how anyone can like it. The font on the Planetarion logo is shockingly bad and the perspective on the space station(?) is all wrong. All in all it looks like the sort of thing I was knocking together in Deluxe Paint all those years ago.

Am I looking at the same thing as everyone else?
SpaceMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jun 2009, 20:27   #15
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceMonkey View Post
This is terrible, I don't know how anyone can like it. The font on the Planetarion logo is shockingly bad and the perspective on the space station(?) is all wrong. All in all it looks like the sort of thing I was knocking together in Deluxe Paint all those years ago.

Am I looking at the same thing as everyone else?
Oi, over here, this one hasn't had his expectations beaten into the ground yet. Everyone get him!
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jun 2009, 20:29   #16
vuLgAr
Bi-Winning

vuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to all

Don't like it either.

Quote:
The game that defined all space games is back for another round?
Makes it sound like Planetarion's been away even though it's been going quite strong for years.

Quote:
Join us now for seven weeks
Just seven weeks? what about all the time that goes into the preparation of the round, the reading through stats finding an alliance/BP etc. Not to mention the round after.

Capitalizing 'The Obsessive' looks unprofessional i agree but is obsessive even a selling point of the game?
Also the gfx on this are typical of those which had everyone up in arms about the round 31 skin, fugly to say the least.

other than that the thought is in the right place

H-A ODDR Apprime xVx VisioN HEROES Ultores

Last edited by vuLgAr; 16 Jun 2009 at 20:39.
vuLgAr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jun 2009, 20:41   #17
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

How about focussing on the good points of planetarion?

- politics
- strategy
- alliances fighting for universal supremacy
- the fact that it's on for 7 weeks, no breaks, one winner.
- the fact that you can play it anywhere - at home and on your mobile.

Really the point of planetarion is that it's a game that's on all the time and about how you get to the finish and that you've got to work with others to get anywhere. How about giving people reasons to play instead of just saying its a 'space game'.
Unread 16 Jun 2009, 21:17   #18
Reese
If not never; then once.

Reese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud of

I don't like the "obsessive" part. Also "join us for 7 weeks" seems like its an incomplete thought, imo it should be 7 weeks of something...
Unread 16 Jun 2009, 21:18   #19
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

MrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud of

It needs moer bling -> http://eve-files.com/dl/199066

Safe to click, or i'll eat my hat

"he's got a proven track record when it comes to showy art composition" - Tommy

<Sigi> Light: can I ask u how many open internet-windows u always have?
<MrLobster|PM> i have 2, the pa page, and the website for naked light pictures
<Ave> both has bad gfx
MrLobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jun 2009, 21:18   #20
WreCkeRer

WreCkeRer can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken View Post
- the fact that it's on for 7 weeks, no breaks, one winner.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellonweb
i agree with both of these.

gd work zPeti..cheers

(its not the best banner..but its a start)
R19: [Myth] 9:10:14 Planet Rank: 620 || Galaxy Rank: 1 || Alliance Rank: 18
R21: |Lost| 18:4:12 Planet Rank: 861 || Galaxy Rank: 13 || Alliance Rank: 19
R28: [Orbit] 3:10:4 Planet Rank: 467 || Galaxy Rank: 40 || Alliance Rank: 15
R29: [NewDawn] 10:6:2 Planet Rank: 232 || Galaxy Rank: 18 || Alliance Rank: 4
R30: [Orbit] 9:2:21 Planet Rank: 617 || Galaxy Rank: 14 || Alliance Rank: 7
WreCkeRer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jun 2009, 21:54   #21
NOV

NOV is an unknown quantity at this point

Only see a black bar
NOV is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jun 2009, 22:44   #22
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

MrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud of

PA BANNER

EDIT: Had to relocate file as the quick usage actually got the file deleted from the first host...

<Ave> both has bad gfx

Last edited by MrLobster; 16 Jun 2009 at 23:38.
Unread 16 Jun 2009, 23:08   #23
Rio
Denial

Rio is on a distinguished road

Pete, i think you should just hire Lobster :/ he seems to know his stuff!
Rio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jun 2009, 23:25   #24
Considence

Considence has a spectacular aura aboutConsidence has a spectacular aura about

'Chose your allies for the war ahead' Sounds cooler than join us for 7 weeks encourages people to look for an alliance too
Considence is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jun 2009, 23:39   #25
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

Uploaded to new host...

PA BANNER

<Ave> both has bad gfx
Unread 16 Jun 2009, 23:39   #26
ellonweb

ellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellonweb View Post
To elaborate, this is a good start, certainly better than nothing. If you take on and react to your customers' constructive criticism (some excellent points above) as well as you did in the development of the new skin, then we might get something awesome enough to sell this giant chunk of poop to new players!
ellonweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jun 2009, 23:48   #27
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I like "the game that defined all space games". Nice.

I like the little spaceships!

I'm not keen on capitalising "The Obsessive".

Perhaps "Only those with dedication will survive" instead? Or "Only those with perseverance will survive"?
Unread 17 Jun 2009, 00:18   #28
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

PABanner Version 10

Summary:

"Supremercy will shape the universe"
"Choose your allies... Face your enemies..."
"The game that defined all space games..."
"Planetarion: The Massively Multiplayer Online Game"

All lasting 10 seconds, and about 2 megs in size (10 fps).

<Ave> both has bad gfx
Unread 17 Jun 2009, 00:29   #29
VenoX

VenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant future

When I opened your last link Lobster it had an advert for Tribal Wars and "play now for free", could be a decent point to make when advertising.. just a thought!
Unread 17 Jun 2009, 00:54   #30
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

Lobster rocks!

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jun 2009, 01:02   #31
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenoX View Post
When I opened your last link Lobster it had an advert for Tribal Wars and "play now for free", could be a decent point to make when advertising.. just a thought!
Yep I noticed that too, so i sort of included it in the banner.

PABanner v11

Now i'm off to bed...

<Ave> both has bad gfx
Unread 17 Jun 2009, 02:42   #32
Mistwraith
Bad Girl

Mistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
PABanner Version 10

Summary:

"Supremercy will shape the universe"
"Choose your allies... Face your enemies..."
"The game that defined all space games..."
"Planetarion: The Massively Multiplayer Online Game"

All lasting 10 seconds, and about 2 megs in size (10 fps).

congratulations for graduating from the Appocomaster school of spelling !
Its spelled supremacy :P
R11 -> NOW HR HC
(a round history not condusive to suceeding in exams, having a life or much sleep )
I'm not misunderstood ... I'm EVIL
Mistwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jun 2009, 05:02   #33
cknight725
[ND] for Life

cknight725 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juice View Post
Yes, I much prefer "insomniacs" ...
Unread 17 Jun 2009, 08:51   #34
[FC]Imperial

[FC]Imperial is a glorious beacon of light[FC]Imperial is a glorious beacon of light[FC]Imperial is a glorious beacon of light[FC]Imperial is a glorious beacon of light[FC]Imperial is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
Yep I noticed that too, so i sort of included it in the banner.

PABanner v11

Now i'm off to bed...
Well done, I like all your banners, they wa you put the 'play for free' is subtle but noticable which in my opinion is really good..
Unread 17 Jun 2009, 09:37   #35
Ave

Ave is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of light

The game that defined all spacegames should certainly be the first sentence, it does get the readers/viewers attention.

Also prepare your aramada sounded so much cooler than choose your allies...

The game that defined all space games
The endless need for growth to race your enemies
Strategic supremacy, Political wisdom
Choose your standing to face the waves
Can u survive the battlefront of...
Planetarion
'Fight to win!'

something like this
Unread 17 Jun 2009, 10:01   #36
[DW]Entropy
Ent|lunch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistwraith View Post
congratulations for graduating from the Appocomaster school of spelling !
Its spelled supremacy :P
thank god you mentioned it..every time i clicked each link on the way down this thread my eye twitched when i saw that spelling.

Unread 17 Jun 2009, 10:07   #37
[FC]Imperial

Quote:
Originally Posted by [DW]Entropy View Post
thank god you mentioned it..every time i clicked each link on the way down this thread my eye twitched when i saw that spelling.
In all respect to lobster.. he likely copied my iliterate post - but thanks for the English lesson
Unread 17 Jun 2009, 12:55   #38
Tomkat

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Super...mercy!
Unread 17 Jun 2009, 13:50   #39
world

world is an unknown quantity at this point

"the massively multiplayer online game"
doesn't sound right, pretty sure massively multiplayer doesn't work, try "the legendary spacegame" something like that
world is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jun 2009, 13:53   #40
[DW]Entropy
Ent|lunch

Quote:
Originally Posted by world View Post
pretty sure massively multiplayer doesn't work
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MMORPG

just read it before making absurd statements

Unread 17 Jun 2009, 14:15   #41
Gabriel
Gabba gabba hey hey

Gabriel has a spectacular aura aboutGabriel has a spectacular aura aboutGabriel has a spectacular aura about

Pete, I don't know whether you paid for your banner or not, but I definitely think you should consider Lobster's contribution.
Gabriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jun 2009, 14:35   #42
[DW]Entropy
Ent|lunch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
Pete, I don't know whether you paid for your banner or not, but I definitely think you should consider Lobster's contribution.
Or at least enquire as to why someone can knock one together in their spare time and it still be better than one your staff or someone you paid produced.

Unread 17 Jun 2009, 14:45   #43
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by [FC]Imperial View Post
In all respect to lobster.. he likely copied my iliterate post - but thanks for the English lesson
Indeed i did. At 2 in the morning, my eyes were not proof reading :P

PABanner v12

<Ave> both has bad gfx

Last edited by MrLobster; 17 Jun 2009 at 15:00.
Unread 17 Jun 2009, 15:05   #44
zPeti

zPeti has a spectacular aura aboutzPeti has a spectacular aura aboutzPeti has a spectacular aura about

I've got a revised version in the same place

Apart from the ending where planetarion is really in your face, I don't think MrLobsters banner would work as advertising.

First off, I want people seeing it to know what they're clicking on before clicking (so they will convert better).
I want them to know that this is a serious game, but I have changed obsessive now.

I don't think the actual text used on MrLobster's really mean anything, it might to existing players but not anyone looking at the ad.

So... what do you think of this one? I might still change the Logo to be similar to the ending of MrLobster's banner.

Also, if MrLobster agrees I will try and split test the two banners, see which works better.
zPeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jun 2009, 15:33   #45
world

world is an unknown quantity at this point

you're right entropy, thats probably why it sounded strange to me, so used to having the RPG bit in it, it sounds weird without it.

As for the banner, the spaceships are a bad idea, the graphics look cheap, wording is off as well, definately needs work, ok as a beta though. Prefer the static picture on lobsters, think the paid one looks to busy, simple is always best.
world is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jun 2009, 16:41   #46
Tommy
Sain†s

Tommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud of

I'm getting the feeling you need to be somewhere in the middle. MrLobster's is flashy but doesn't say too much, and yours says what you want it to but looks almost cartoonish. The round, bold, san-serif font in particular looks out of place, especially when serif fonts are considerably better at conveying gravitas. There's a lot that can be done with a simple flash banner, so it's worth seeing if you can get some better animation in there too. While Lobster's contribution isn't perfect, he's got a proven track record when it comes to showy art composition.
Unread 17 Jun 2009, 17:54   #47
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by zPeti View Post
I've got a revised version in the same place

Apart from the ending where planetarion is really in your face, I don't think MrLobsters banner would work as advertising.

First off, I want people seeing it to know what they're clicking on before clicking (so they will convert better).
I want them to know that this is a serious game, but I have changed obsessive now.

I don't think the actual text used on MrLobster's really mean anything, it might to existing players but not anyone looking at the ad.

So... what do you think of this one? I might still change the Logo to be similar to the ending of MrLobster's banner.

Also, if MrLobster agrees I will try and split test the two banners, see which works better.
When I compare the two, I prefer MrLobster's form an aesthetic point of view. I think it looks more professional (more like the sort of banner I;ve seen for other games).

I find your banner to visually distracting - text in multiple locations, lots of moving bits.

I have no idea which version would be more sucessful as an advert though.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jun 2009, 18:24   #48
Tomkat

I prefer Pete's now that he's updated and changed some of the wording.

Lobster's is good (especially the PLANETARION bit at the end) but there's lots of words and no substance. The game could be about anything.
Unread 17 Jun 2009, 18:47   #49
Ave

Ave is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of light

I like the switching pa address and play for free in the new version, it should stay definately.

How ever as pzeti said, something to get the readers attention, like the games name itselfs or the text I mentioned above should apear straight from start. So the rest of the advert gets viewed aswell and not just ignored.
Unread 17 Jun 2009, 18:55   #50
Ave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal View Post
When I compare the two, I prefer MrLobster's form an aesthetic point of view. I think it looks more professional (more like the sort of banner I;ve seen for other games).

I find your banner to visually distracting - text in multiple locations, lots of moving bits.

I have no idea which version would be more sucessful as an advert though.
The game that defined all space games needs to be more flashy and have some backround in it. Now it gets ignored before the blue planet etc comes in. The ending PA logo is poor, otherwise I like your version very much, it says more than the lobsters one.

How ever they are both good imo. The next question is to find places to put them on