User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Administration > Planetarion Help Desk

Unread 30 May 2010, 02:44   #1
DooM2o12

DooM2o12 is an unknown quantity at this point
Production error

3 times now I have lost resources when the production page fails!

I went to build some Chimaera and I got this message:

An unexpected error occured at 01:39:24. Error #2: SQL error
This error may have occured due to routine work on the system or may have already been reported. Please check for any announcements or discussion in the forums before reporting this error to PATeam as we can only handle so many messages! Please remember to copy and paste this message in it's entirity or else we will not be able to properly investigate it's cause.

pa::game

I have lost 2 million resources due to this bug. I'm a first time player and I can tell you I wont be coming back if this isn't resolved! What terrible programming!

Anyone care to comment........??
DooM2o12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 May 2010, 07:55   #2
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: Production error

Quote:
Originally Posted by DooM2o12 View Post
3 times now I have lost resources when the production page fails!

I went to build some Chimaera and I got this message:

An unexpected error occured at 01:39:24. Error #2: SQL error
This error may have occured due to routine work on the system or may have already been reported. Please check for any announcements or discussion in the forums before reporting this error to PATeam as we can only handle so many messages! Please remember to copy and paste this message in it's entirity or else we will not be able to properly investigate it's cause.

pa::game

I have lost 2 million resources due to this bug. I'm a first time player and I can tell you I wont be coming back if this isn't resolved! What terrible programming!

Anyone care to comment........??
Hi DooM2o12, as you hopefully saw by the ingame message, the PA team is aware of the problem and are looking to recitify and sort it out as soon as it is possible. In the meantime, please only have one production going, not several.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cin's ingame message
As some might know by now there is a problem with production. Something meant to be generating random values isn't doing this very well, and atm we're not really sure why. There's been now changes to this done for this round and it's been working as it should for quite a lot of rounds.

You can avoid the problem by having just one running production order.
A fix/patch is coming, but it needs to undergo some testing before we can add it to the live game.
We apologize for the problems this is causing and we're fixing the affected production orders as soon as we can.
Unread 30 May 2010, 08:40   #3
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Contact support team, they should give you back your resources: http://game.planetarion.com/support.pl
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 May 2010, 16:00   #4
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Just to confirm this has been fixed.
Not *all* production was at fault, there was just a risk that multiple orders caused problems. all people who had errors with their production have had their orders sorted.