User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 14 May 2009, 15:09   #51
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute
Re: R31 tick 450 | Current state of politics

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood View Post
I have no idea what play along means.
lies

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 2009, 15:11   #52
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

No seriously man I have absolutely no idea what you mean.
Unread 14 May 2009, 15:14   #53
jelle
LCH

jelle is an unknown quantity at this point

pt 475 and asc is bored

forgot the scan :P http://round31.planetarion.com/shows...y68c3fhuu71fun

JNC - One Addiction, One Passion and One Goal

16:57 [Satyr] gonna play speedy tomorrow dude?
16:58 [Satyr] need a couple of gays to have some fun
14:44 [@Oizo]: i need more penis
22:27 [@Jumper] im not hardcock

Viking hoisting the Raven Banner high!
jelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 2009, 16:17   #54
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool View Post
Trying to create a wedge between xVx and Asc?
Not at all kargool, not at all.

I am merely stating that the gap between asc and xvx is shortening

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 2009, 16:40   #55
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedeejem! View Post
You want the illusion of opposition, if it weren't for some stubborn bg's this round you'd allready have no opposition.
What the **** are you talking about? how do you know what I want? A round where my alliance steamrolls everyone is boring as ****. Hell, I even got bored at the end of last round when we had "won"

Quote:
PS: Hows the recruitment going, heard you're still looking for more ?
Always man, feel free to apply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelle View Post
pt 475 and asc is bored

forgot the scan :P http://round31.planetarion.com/shows...y68c3fhuu71fun
I approve of this fleetcatch
Unread 14 May 2009, 17:01   #56
jelle
LCH

jelle is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Kila_ View Post
I approve of this fleetcatch
Yeah catching a scanner must the highlight of the asc day

JNC - One Addiction, One Passion and One Goal

16:57 [Satyr] gonna play speedy tomorrow dude?
16:58 [Satyr] need a couple of gays to have some fun
14:44 [@Oizo]: i need more penis
22:27 [@Jumper] im not hardcock

Viking hoisting the Raven Banner high!
jelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 2009, 17:07   #57
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

a catch is a catch.
its prolly a planet which had been attacking them / deffing against them.

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 2009, 17:07   #58
Benneh
Non directed and witty

Benneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet society

Nah my personal fave was isil getting roided but hey!

each to their own!
Benneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 2009, 17:26   #59
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute

Its pretty much like this: Ascendancy and xVx enters the round fully allied. Im guessing Asc has 150 members and xVx about 100. They dont(wont) understand how this is very bad for the round and the game. Alot of BGs and other alliances have been hitting Asc as they know if they dont the round will be over very soon. xVx I guess are the big winners here, soon taking over #1 by the looks of it. Wether Asc will end their alliance with xVx and make this an interesting round(and giving themselves a shot at #1 which I am sure is their goal) is yet uncertain.

Im also guessing Asc has sorted themselves a few naps around the universe, which is understandable.

So from a personal point of view, instead of having the two only 90 man(++++++) alliances on the same side, and the BGs/rest of the universe deciding who gets to become #1, they should split up and make two blocks.That would atleast mean each block would have a #1 contender, and it would be a fun war, rather than what it is now. There is no doubt the BGs can hold back either Asc or xVx letting the other win, as theres still so much force to be unleashed if need be. Even with Asc(in my opinion very damaging tactics) they wont be winning this round the way they are playing now.

I told JBG earlier that I dont mind Asc winning at all, but I do have a problem with them winning like they are trying to do now. xVx and Asc should simply agree to end their relations, both having a go at #1. I'm sure the game would be alot fun for everyone.

-Jonas-

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 2009, 17:44   #60
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas View Post
Its pretty much like this: Ascendancy and xVx enters the round fully allied. Im guessing Asc has 150 members and xVx about 100. They dont(wont) understand how this is very bad for the round and the game. Alot of BGs and other alliances have been hitting Asc as they know if they dont the round will be over very soon. xVx I guess are the big winners here, soon taking over #1 by the looks of it. Wether Asc will end their alliance with xVx and make this an interesting round(and giving themselves a shot at #1 which I am sure is their goal) is yet uncertain.

So from a personal point of view, instead of having the two only 90 man(++++++) alliances on the same side, and the BGs/rest of the universe deciding who gets to become #1, they should split up and make two blocks.That would atleast mean each block would have a #1 contender, and it would be a fun war, rather than what it is now. There is no doubt the BGs can hold back either Asc or xVx letting the other win, as theres still so much force to be unleashed if need be. Even with Asc(in my opinion very damaging tactics) they wont be winning this round the way they are playing now.

I told JBG earlier that I dont mind Asc winning at all, but I do have a problem with them winning like they are trying to do now. xVx and Asc should simply agree to end their relations, both having a go at #1. I'm sure the game would be alot fun for everyone.

-Jonas-
As far as im aware, you've got afew facts wrong?
Asc and xVx were not allied pre-round.
Asc and xVx were not nap'd pre-round.
Asc and xVx are not allied at the moment.
Asc and xVx are not nap'd at the moment.
Asc is currently nap'd with Rock.
xVx is currently neutral/friendly to everyone.

The current situation is that it is the BG's vs Asc. ND/CT are involved in the block but are not heavily targetting Asc like the BG's are. xVx is simply galaxy raiding and not actively targetting anymore and Asc are retal'ing/galaxy targetting whoever.

I may be completly wrong but thats what i think the current situation is?
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 2009, 18:05   #61
Tommy
Sain†s

Tommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud of

That's a matter of semantics. There may not have been any official agreements on either side, but for the first few hundred ticks Asc and xVx stayed away from each other and quite often hit the same targets, deliberately or not. It's fairly clear now however that they're going toe to toe, and I think most people approve of this as it's making the round far more interesting.

What ND and CT are doing is anyone's guess.
Unread 14 May 2009, 18:05   #62
Shhhhhhh

Shhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
As far as im aware, you've got afew facts wrong?
Asc and xVx were not allied pre-round.
Asc and xVx were not nap'd pre-round.
Asc and xVx are not allied at the moment.
Asc and xVx are not nap'd at the moment.
Asc is currently nap'd with Rock.
xVx is currently neutral/friendly to everyone.

The current situation is that it is the BG's vs Asc. ND/CT are involved in the block but are not heavily targetting Asc like the BG's are. xVx is simply galaxy raiding and not actively targetting anymore and Asc are retal'ing/galaxy targetting whoever.

I may be completly wrong but thats what i think the current situation is?
Is it really important what the actual relations are between Asc and xVx?
As long as everyone thinks Asc and xVx won't fight vs eachother, the only option for the rest of the game is to somehow keep Asc from winning the round easily and then bashing everyone.
So Jonas his post explains pretty well what's happening.
And it is very surprising that the Asc posts here dont seem to see the point of view from the rest of the game, but simply expect everyone to play the game like them, make a 120 man ally too and play like that.
Shhhhhhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 2009, 18:13   #63
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:

Im also guessing Asc has sorted themselves a few naps around the universe, which is understandable.

-Jonas-
Use me as a source for all you care, but you feel then that figthing Ascendancy so Ascendancy lose, making xVx that appears to be fencesitting win the round is better than Ascendancy winning?

Oh my, if this happens, I'm really gonna cry.
Unread 14 May 2009, 18:15   #64
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Not really. With regards to our recruitment - if an individual puts someone forward and ascendancy players like the cut of that person's jib, they will be recruited. That will not change. I recently recruited someone purely on the basis that the player in question had a good attitude rather than any planet ranking and so as long as she's active, she'll be a keeper. There is no logic for Ascendancy closing recruitment per se.

Regarding politics, despite the lack of any formal agreement, there seems to be some acquiescence between Ascendancy and xVx. Otherwise XvX would be hitting us in numbers. But really I'm wondering why we bothered this round. Not because it would be a straightforward win, but simply because I preferred it when it was open and we had a great run ending in last rounds heroics. But while we're motivated, I guess we're left with the current situation, which can't be changed.

Last edited by lokken; 14 May 2009 at 18:20.
lokken is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 2009, 18:20   #65
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
What the **** are you talking about? how do you know what I want? A round where my alliance steamrolls everyone is boring as ****. Hell, I even got bored at the end of last round when we had "won"
If it's sooooooooo boring, why recruit everybody + their mom, dog, priest, ... in asc?
I guess you want an initround soon for entertainment!

Quote:
Always man, feel free to apply.
I'd rather be with 20 people i actually like and who like me than with 200 of which half i can't stand / can't stand me

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Unread 14 May 2009, 18:36   #66
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken View Post
Regarding politics, despite the lack of any formal agreement, there seems to be some acquiescence between Ascendancy and xVx. Otherwise XvX would be hitting us in numbers. But really I'm wondering why we bothered this round. Not because it would be a straightforward win, but simply because I preferred it when it was open and we had a great run ending in last rounds heroics. But while we're motivated, I guess we're left with the current situation, which can't be changed.
Saying that the current situation cannot be changed is crap and you know it lokken. Agreements are both there to be upheld, and there to be dropped.

If this was any other situation, and Asc were lower down the rankings or whatever, you would be berateing the #1 and #2 alliances for holding an avoidance agreement...am i right?

Unread 14 May 2009, 18:37   #67
Foxman

Foxman is just really niceFoxman is just really niceFoxman is just really niceFoxman is just really nice

Quote:
Use me as a source for all you care, but you feel then that figthing Ascendancy so Ascendancy lose, making xVx that appears to be fencesitting win the round is better than Ascendancy winning?

yes somehow i feel its better to hit asc, then let them win to fast, then use the uni as roidfarms.

if that means xvx wins in the end... then fine, it will still be better then asc winning and farming us for half the round
Foxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 2009, 18:40   #68
Shhhhhhh

Shhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to all

How on earth can you be a full BG in size above the ally limit and still recruit more?
And then dont see anything wrong with your actions and wonder why people team up against you?
Shhhhhhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 2009, 18:48   #69
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek View Post
Saying that the current situation cannot be changed is crap and you know it lokken. Agreements are both there to be upheld, and there to be dropped.

If this was any other situation, and Asc were lower down the rankings or whatever, you would be berateing the #1 and #2 alliances for holding an avoidance agreement...am i right?
I wasn't talking politically; I was talking in our level of motivation. I'm of the opinion that we shouldn't give a toss, as we clearly can't play up to standard as last round took a lot out of us and I think 3 rounds in a row is more than enough.

But as we're talking politics - I have no real idea who is doing what in particular detail - my view on the situation is that we should probably pick off these BG's one by one if they're much smaller. But I am catastrophically inactive this round (I've probably only sent about 10 fleets so far) so my influence on the situation is nil!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shhhhhhh View Post
How on earth can you be a full BG in size above the ally limit and still recruit more?
And then dont see anything wrong with your actions and wonder why people team up against you?
Because I don't care about people attacking us. Last round people tried that and up leaving their corpse outside the castle gates because we showed we were resilient enough to take it. Resisting mass attackers is what I expect from Ascendancy. As for recruiting above the tag limit, if we find good people who want to play for us and we want them, I'm not sure there is much we can do really.
Unread 14 May 2009, 18:51   #70
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Quote:
I wasn't talking politically; I was talking in our level of motivation. I'm of the opinion that we shouldn't give a toss, as we clearly can't play up to standard as last round took a lot out of us and I think 3 rounds in a row is more than enough.

But as we're talking politics - I have no real idea who is doing what in particular detail - my view on the situation is that we should probably pick off these BG's one by one if they're much smaller. But I am catastrophically inactive this round (I've probably only sent about 10 fleets so far) so my influence on the situation is nil!
Your mates are probably planning on doing that in a while, so they have time for a final week of farming and then giving another victory speech of HOW HARD IT REALLY WAS

Unread 14 May 2009, 19:06   #71
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

The only reason why Ascendancy is over the tag size now is because of the supportplanet rule having been lifted, now have opened the possibility of having plenty of people out of tag. So everyone else should do it. However, since there is one domninating alliance now, and everyone wants to go there instead of the other optional alliances, they will always end up losing to the alliance that gives the best impression.

My own inital reaction towards the alliance I have been in this round, is that it is too limited for me to be in. Because if you have other views than the officers leading it, you'll either end up as an outcast or be ridiculed just because you refuse to "go along with the program". And after talking to a fair few of Ascendancys new recruits, I can most certainly understand why the stream of players going to Ascendancy is a steady flow.

If I was gonna make an alliance ever again, it most certainly would have a lot more room for freethinkers and for people to be less limited than the current alliance I am in.
Unread 14 May 2009, 19:06   #72
Mek
InSomniac

Quote:
Because I don't care about people attacking us. Last round people tried that and up leaving their corpse outside the castle gates because we showed we were resilient enough to take it. Resisting mass attackers is what I expect from Ascendancy. As for recruiting above the tag limit, if we find good people who want to play for us and we want them, I'm not sure there is much we can do really.
and at what point would you say that you have recruited enough? 250/300?

Unread 14 May 2009, 19:07   #73
Tommy
Sain†s

Tommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud of

Quote:
You CAN always say no. I'm not sure it'll do any good for anyone, but it can't be any worse than recruiting to the win.
Unread 14 May 2009, 19:11   #74
lokken
BlueTuba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
You CAN always say no. I'm not sure it'll do any good for anyone, but it can't be any worse than recruiting to the win.
If you can get enough Ascendancy players to solidly vote no, I suggest you approach them individually rather than asking Ascendancy to vote no. All I can say is that I don't like this round for various reasons, of which some but not all are Ascendancy related.
Unread 14 May 2009, 19:18   #75
lokken
BlueTuba

Quote:
Your mates are probably planning on doing that in a while, so they have time for a final week of farming and then giving another victory speech of HOW HARD IT REALLY WAS
Wait - last round was actually hard. This round won't be hard by any stretch if we continue as we are, thus any speech should we win would be bollocks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek
and at what point would you say that you have recruited enough? 250/300?
There's no limit - if you've got the right attitude to playing and like us, I want you to join. I'm sure that we would practically stop at some stage, or jesterina will just kick everyone and we'll start afresh.

Quote:
My own inital reaction towards the alliance I have been in this round, is that it is too limited for me to be in. Because if you have other views than the officers leading it, you'll either end up as an outcast or be ridiculed just because you refuse to "go along with the program". And after talking to a fair few of Ascendancys new recruits, I can most certainly understand why the stream of players going to Ascendancy is a steady flow.

If I was gonna make an alliance ever again, it most certainly would have a lot more room for freethinkers and for people to be less limited than the current alliance I am in.
Effectively we've got a better package than everyone else. Success, freedom, opportunity to lead, creativity. When you compare that to other alliances, why wouldn't you want to join? How is having the best package our fault exactly? Or more specifically, why is it a fault at all?
Unread 14 May 2009, 19:19   #76
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Quote:
If you can get enough Ascendancy players to solidly vote no, I suggest you approach them individually rather than asking Ascendancy to vote no.
So the people not in ascendancy should pm your 150+ members individually so they'd vote no to new recruits...

Unread 14 May 2009, 19:19   #77
Nestorn
-||-

Nestorn has a spectacular aura aboutNestorn has a spectacular aura aboutNestorn has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
The only reason why Ascendancy is over the tag size now is because of the supportplanet rule having been lifted, now have opened the possibility of having plenty of people out of tag. So everyone else should do it. However, since there is one domninating alliance now, and everyone wants to go there instead of the other optional alliances, they will always end up losing to the alliance that gives the best impression.

No offence m8, but you have run your own alliance that was based on strict rules.

And anyone fearing/loving ascendancy will wanna join em, so that they wont have to fight em. But whats the fun in that? :P
Unread 14 May 2009, 19:20   #78
Mek
InSomniac

Quote:
There's no limit - if you've got the right attitude to playing and like us, I want you to join. I'm sure that we would practically stop at some stage, or jesterina will just kick everyone and we'll start afresh.
so you are saying you would be quite happy to recruit even as far as half of the active playerbase left in the game.....and you don't see how this is unfair, doesn't promote competition and is essentially killing the game?

Unread 14 May 2009, 19:23   #79
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelle View Post
Yeah catching a scanner must the highlight of the asc day
As wish said, a catch is a catch. The fleet was attacking an ascendancy planet, why shouldn't we kill it? She's also been a bit of a pest to a lot of us with covops.

Quote:
Where are you getting your "info" from? it's retardedly flawed. We started the round with no NAPs or "alliances". Currently we are only NAPed to rock. We haven't, at any point, had an alliance/NAP with xvx. Please stop talking rubbish, you'll end up looking like a moron.

As for our members, we currently have 126 in Munin. How many of those are playing actively playing I don't know/care but we have a fair few Lok-type planets. Nowhere near 150.

Even if we did have an alliance with xvx, why would we break it? are you really telling us that in our situation where we have half of the universe is targetting us, the way forward is to go and attack the biggest alliance that isn't hitting us? It's a wonder that Insomnia never won a round with brains like yours pulling the strings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
ND are involved in the block but are not heavily targetting Asc like the BG's are.
20 fleets over 3 waves says otherwise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
That's a matter of semantics. There may not have been any official agreements on either side, but for the first few hundred ticks Asc and xVx stayed away from each other and quite often hit the same targets, deliberately or not. It's fairly clear now however that they're going toe to toe, and I think most people approve of this as it's making the round far more interesting.
I'm pretty sure that no conscious effort was made to avoid xvx. For the first ~150 ticks almost everyone went solo attacking and nobody was told to avoid anyone. Our galraids were just random fat gals. I'm pretty sure we've hit at least a couple of xvx planets in them.

Quote:
If it's sooooooooo boring, why recruit everybody + their mom, dog, priest, ... in asc?
I guess you want an initround soon for entertainment!
We're not going to deny entry to those who we think are cool just because you want them to play in your shitty alliances. You need more of a recruitment angle than "Ascendancy is full, join us!"
Unread 14 May 2009, 19:27   #80
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nestorn View Post
No offence m8, but you have run your own alliance that was based on strict rules.

And anyone fearing/loving ascendancy will wanna join em, so that they wont have to fight em. But whats the fun in that? :P
Read the last part of my post again.

I am open for change, I just have to see and understand why a change is needed.
Unread 14 May 2009, 19:34   #81
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Quote:
We're not going to deny entry to those who we think are cool just because you want them to play in your shitty alliances. You need more of a recruitment angle than "Ascendancy is full, join us!"
Lets get one thing straight, I don't want your "cool" people playing in my "shitty" alliance just because yours is full and our recruitment angle isn't "Ascendancy is full, join us!".

We have done no recruitment this round and if people would only want to join us because asc is full then they wouldn't get in anyway...

Unread 14 May 2009, 19:37   #82
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Then what are you complaining about?
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 2009, 19:44   #83
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
So from a personal point of view, instead of having the two only 90 man(++++++) alliances on the same side, and the BGs/rest of the universe deciding who gets to become #1, they should split up and make two blocks.
I said this when I talked to you but seriously, anyone wants to be on our side? Wish? Venox? Killerbee? Steinmetz? I wasn't there when people talked to xvx, which was largely a general agreement to stay friendly if the shit hit the fan, but I'd imagine it was sorted out largely because this scenario was foreseen. The universe* doesn't want a fair fight, the universe wants ascendancy to lose. Something easily seen in the current situation where people pm xvx every night asking them to join in and hit us. Woo, equal blocks for the win!

*I don't actually mean the universe obviously, it's just a phrase, for the love of god nobody reply to me pointing this out.
Unread 14 May 2009, 19:45   #84
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snurx View Post
Then what are you complaining about?
If you don't understand that 1 alliance having most of the active players grouped together outnumbering other fully tagged alliances about 2:1 and having an unspoken nap with #2 and a real nap with #5 is bad for the game...

But sure, keep on destroying the game you claim you love so much (love to win is more like it i guess)

Unread 14 May 2009, 19:53   #85
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Achilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxman
yes somehow i feel its better to hit asc, then let them win to fast, then use the uni as roidfarms.
If you don't want to lose a single roid to Ascendancy for the rest of the round then there is a very simple solution to that. In fact, you'd probably end up with more Top100 planets than us. If that's not what you want though, if what you really want to do is hit us, then that's fine too. There's no need at all to pretend it's something else though.
Achilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 2009, 19:57   #86
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
If you don't understand that 1 alliance having most of the active players grouped together
This is retardedly wrong. We don't even have 25% of the top 200 value planets. I have no idea what definition you use for active but unless it's something you actively adjust so only ascendancy planets fit it it's wrong.

Quote:
outnumbering other fully tagged alliances about 2:1
I don't really know what this means. As far as I'm aware there's about 260 planets on the bg side of things and 120 on ours. I don't really think you've got the 2:1 thing the right way around man
Unread 14 May 2009, 20:00   #87
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
If you don't understand that 1 alliance having most of the active players grouped together outnumbering other fully tagged alliances about 2:1 and having an unspoken nap with #2 and a real nap with #5 is bad for the game...

But sure, keep on destroying the game you claim you love so much (love to win is more like it i guess)
Its not a unspoken nap, Asc has hit xVx and xVx has hit Asc. They dont target each other but they dont avoid each other either. The same relationship xVx has with every other alliance, as xVx is just galaxy raiding at the moment.

(As far as im aware)
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 2009, 20:36   #88
Bubert Samson
Come Closer, I Have Candy

Bubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the rough

Quote:

Normally I dont have a problem with you Vdm, but this is an awfully shit post

Get your facts straight.

[ROCK] || Conspiracy Theory || Ascendancy

Rounds Played: 3-9 16-19 23-33

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.
- Edgar Allan Poe
Bubert Samson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 2009, 20:47   #89
lokken
BlueTuba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek View Post
so you are saying you would be quite happy to recruit even as far as half of the active playerbase left in the game.....and you don't see how this is unfair, doesn't promote competition and is essentially killing the game?
I don't think it would get to that stage. As I have said elsewhere, I'm in favour of us being far more idle than we are now and probably in smaller number. But while we play this way, I don't see why we should turn people away who we like and want to join.
Unread 14 May 2009, 20:48   #90
Machado
Seraphim

Machado is a jewel in the roughMachado is a jewel in the roughMachado is a jewel in the roughMachado is a jewel in the rough

What, you're blaming people for being good at winning this game now? I blame the people letting them win
Unread 14 May 2009, 21:03   #91
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
We have done no recruitment this round
This is hilarious in so many ways I don't know where to begin.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 2009, 21:07   #92
[ND]Byrney
Nobody

[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
This is hilarious in so many ways I don't know where to begin.
Apparently by making a completely pointless post that contributes nothing to the thread!

(Much like my post, I know! )
[ND]Byrney is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 2009, 21:39   #93
Thatcher
VtS killerbee

Thatcher is a jewel in the roughThatcher is a jewel in the roughThatcher is a jewel in the rough

personally iam quite interested how this will all play out, in previous rounds with large dominant allaince it was common for small groups to split off (eg wolfpack which was originally a BG inside legion) left to do their own thing, so large allies such as modern day asc spawned new groups gradually leaving the original ally to be filled with a few old fags and a larger number of new crapper players.
however atm it is the less dominant allainces which have lost members to smaller groups, while asc itself is increasing its member number.
while my money is on a asc mass kick next round, i dont know of sub groups inside asc that will use this event to go independant and at the same time i dont know any group that will accept large numbers of asc members except xvx.
in summary i dunno whats happening, but iam looking forward to seeing it happen!

Easy Company - Founder

"Train Hard, Fight Easy"
Thatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 2009, 23:03   #94
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool

Yeah. I'd rather see xVx win on this kind of play than Asc, because clearly Asc would assrape Cardinals bunch within days if they were to fight. Hence xVx wont break it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood View Post
I said this when I talked to you but seriously, anyone wants to be on our side? Wish? Venox? Killerbee? Steinmetz? I wasn't there when people talked to xvx, which was largely a general agreement to stay friendly if the shit hit the fan, but I'd imagine it was sorted out largely because this scenario was foreseen. The universe* doesn't want a fair fight, the universe wants ascendancy to lose. Something easily seen in the current situation where people pm xvx every night asking them to join in and hit us. Woo, equal blocks for the win!
I'm sure there are many out there having grudges towards Asc, but theres just as many people having grudges against the people you mentioned there. If Asc and xVx made a block each, or whatever, I'm sure just as many would side with Asc as xVx....many would probably stay out of it for their own gain aswell...

At the moment though, the game is about to die. Asc/xVx have heavy gals together, obviously have preround agreements and have been attacking together. This is a fact. I've got logs and I've seen it with my own eyes.

Cant even belive the alliance limit is 90 this round. Should be 60 or something. Not that Asc would have had less members...

-Jonas-

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 2009, 23:16   #95
JonnyBGood
Banned

I doubt anyone else would side with us. It was pretty difficult finding people who'd deal with us last round when it was pretty much their only chance of winning the round. What are we to offer them this round, a hug?

I think it's hilarious you think the game's going to die though. I mean we're the ones receiving more incs man for man than any other alliance and you're on here whining about us killing the game. I mean heaven forbid we'd actually win. The internet would probably implode and take us all with it.

As for an alliance limit of 60 I entirely disagree. I think it should be about 10-15 or so. I have about that many good friends in PA I trust completely and would like to play in a small alliance with. Your alliance is now too big, please choose at least 10 people to kick out of it cheater, thanks.
Unread 15 May 2009, 00:00   #96
Foxman

Foxman is just really niceFoxman is just really niceFoxman is just really niceFoxman is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles View Post
If you don't want to lose a single roid to Ascendancy for the rest of the round then there is a very simple solution to that. In fact, you'd probably end up with more Top100 planets than us. If that's not what you want though, if what you really want to do is hit us, then that's fine too. There's no need at all to pretend it's something else though.
what am i pretending? WAFHH never joined in with the intention to beat asc, u will win the round... end of discussion...

what we did intend, was to keep u busy, so we might have a chance of keeping a top100 planet or 5

by letting u win without any fighting early on, we would have had a top100 with mainly asc, and a couple of xvx/rock planets. something we might still see.
Foxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 May 2009, 00:42   #97
_Kila_
break it down!

Quote:
At the moment though, the game is about to die. Asc/xVx have heavy gals together, obviously have preround agreements and have been attacking together. This is a fact. I've got logs and I've seen it with my own eyes.
You morons have been passing this stuff off as "fact" through the entirety of this thread. Prove it or stop making retarded assertions like that.
Unread 15 May 2009, 01:01   #98
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I d be interested in holding your hand JBG!

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 May 2009, 01:19   #99
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

then you would have to let go of mine ...... none of that! none of that i tell you! you can sit on his lap though.
Unread 15 May 2009, 01:28   #100
Nestorn
-||-

Nestorn has a spectacular aura aboutNestorn has a spectacular aura aboutNestorn has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
You morons have been passing this stuff off as "fact" through the entirety of this thread. Prove it or stop making retarded assertions like that.
Actually, im starting to think the opposite. Finally allot of ppl are starting to make the game balanced. Yes, we do need to outnumber you ascendancy, suprised?

Amongst the ppl attacking you there are elites (not allot i guess), crashers (Hi ND/CT, sorry vladel/catwoman ) and causuals. I put up casuals since those are the ones that mainly check for def, and if def is found they wont bother with a battlecalc, they just pull anyway :P

Anyways, i hope that the round is gonna stay at this level of interest or even higher. And ofc, thanks ascendancy for not folding. Then the fun would be gone