User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 19 Jun 2009, 17:20   #1
MegaNova
m33p

MegaNova is a jewel in the roughMegaNova is a jewel in the roughMegaNova is a jewel in the roughMegaNova is a jewel in the rough
Meeting people from PA

I know that loads of PA ppl have met other PA ppl.
There have been meetings etc.

But how far would you go?

My first PA meeting that i really liked was the pr0nstars meet at Prestel in the UK. Xyxmokin Sweettooth and me drove up there. Everything went like you expected. We got drunk, had a good time and many laughs and best of all, there nearly wasnt any PA chitchat. The downside was that sweettooth was abit more odd then the others.

After this there have been 2 more pr0nstar meets. Big props go to Xtrac and Prestel(yes again!) for their hospitality.

Last year zzhou came to europe(London) and we talked about him coming to my place and drink afew beers. But then he decided to go to Norway first, and asked if i wanted to tag along. Becouse i had exams i didnt. So we had to come up with a new plan, and while i was arranging the tickets to the 24h of Le Mans and was chatting to zzhou at the time i asked if he wanted to come along. He said yes, and i paid for his ticket and campsite in advance.

He then came a week earlier then expected and he crashed on my couch while i was working.

In the end we went to Le Mans and had a great weekend with loads of beer and many BBQ's. (zzhou wasnt really into cars but he said he liked Le Mans anyway). So we dropped him at the Paris airport where he would ponder what to do next.

Anybody got a story about a PA meeting that went from shit to worse?
Unread 19 Jun 2009, 17:30   #2
Machado
Seraphim

Machado is a jewel in the roughMachado is a jewel in the roughMachado is a jewel in the roughMachado is a jewel in the rough
Re: Meeting people from PA

Nothing really bad, but I did go to Israel after PhoeniX-FlamE came to Holland. Okay, so, I knew him before we both got (back, in my case) to PA, but I guess it counts as one right??!

Also drank beer and licked cans (eh?) with HK and Med-Ion in Rosendaal, and went to an Iron Maiden concert with Meddy/Coeus/Missy/Hydrax.

The concert was on the first day right after PA started, I remember having to log in to PA via cell phone every hour to init roids :P Hardly slept before the night before too :P

In all cases, I had a real blast, to be honest. Was good times!
Unread 19 Jun 2009, 17:57   #3
Mistwraith
Bad Girl

Mistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud of

I'm UK (close to london)

I've met Kiasthor (Finland) whilst he was in London, Exode the same (Netherlands), had a complete gal meet at a members house near Nottingham, Epcylon came over from Norway for that, the galaxy had incomming and the one guy who wasnt there sms'd us whist we were all sat in mcdonalds and we had to rush back to cross defend.
I've been over to Norway and met/stayed with Epcylon again and Chaos.
Sirad (canadian) camped on my sofa for 2 nights traveling back to canada from a trip round Europe, spent a few hours in a pub in Covent Garden with A2 and him.
Had an alliance meet in Amsterdam, where many dutch and a German player came down to meet up.
I've been over to Budapest where i stayed on the sofa of Stoner.
Stayed with Kattepis when over in holland.

Every time its been really good fun, no special trips just sitting in or outside pubs chatting and shooting the breeze.

oops i forgot the rock meet, weekend camping in a field, players from Holland, UK, Norway and Ireland...

Intend to go back to Norway to meet a couple of others and probably drop in on Epcylon again, My attack buddy for the last 5 rounds is in Portugal, would be nice to go there and meet up for a drink maybe.
R11 -> NOW HR HC
(a round history not condusive to suceeding in exams, having a life or much sleep )
I'm not misunderstood ... I'm EVIL

Last edited by Mistwraith; 19 Jun 2009 at 18:04.
Mistwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jun 2009, 23:32   #4
Demort
Anarchy Shadow

Demort is just really niceDemort is just really niceDemort is just really niceDemort is just really niceDemort is just really nice

I have had a few meets at my house in england biggest one has to be 4 years ago there was 4 norwegians 3 dutch 1 canadian 7 english and we managed to fit everyone in my house was quite amusing we mainly got drunk oh and perrin from canada got stoned for the first time in his life and we filmed it was funniest thing I seen in years I go to other meets probably met around 50 or 60 pa players over the years and plan to meet lots more just not decided which first hehe

EX

Legion, Fury, Xanadu, Wolfpack, NoS, TSU, LKSAB, Vgn, F-Crew, CT, Insomnia, Angels, VsN, Gross, Osiris, ROCK, XvX, Faceless, Unsullied, Haven, Carisan, RaGe, Carnage, Kittenz and EC

Currently

In ODDR Command
Demort is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jun 2009, 23:38   #5
Zeyi
Tides of Fire

Zeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really nice

I'd like a meet this summer it's just getting to them that's difficult for me.
Unread 25 Jun 2009, 09:24   #6
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

TGV have had a few meets in Norway. Clogg came over from Holland for one, and it was him, me, and Cedlind.

Best part of it was watching a gay dude getting thrown out at a disco, and Clogg starting to laugh his head off because he saw the norwegian bank called Fokus, and said: "you got a bank called fock us!" Clogg later threw up all over our living room, but it was okay, we didnt mind.

Another meet was with me, Car, Auto| zub0 and fiskum. Auto and Car stayed in a hotel not far from where I live, while zub0 stayed a bit further out. zub0 likes a drink or 25, and got extremly drunk, but we didnt mind, it was funny as hell, and Car and Auto was like an old couple bitching and checking PA via their laptop/phones.

Third meet was for my birthday with me, notsure, zub0 and Warlord2k. zub0 again got very drunk, and at my birthday party this merry band of people met my local friends.. And they did not mix. notsure proposed to me that night, and we're still debating if I was drunk or not when I said yes.

Oh, and this summer Appocomaster came over, Appocomaster being the geek that he is he does not drink, he does not like anything called vegetables on his hamburger and loves geek chat. Him and notsure kept talking about computerstuff, but I just phased out not knowing shit about computers or coding or similiar. But it was fun meeting Appocomaster in the shoebox of an appartment me and the missus have.

So all in all, quite a few fun meets!
Unread 25 Jun 2009, 09:48   #7
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I only meet the coolest cats from PA.

Then stand them up.

Twice!

hi kila!
Unread 26 Jun 2009, 09:19   #8
rUl3r

rUl3r has a spectacular aura aboutrUl3r has a spectacular aura about

My first meet with PA people was back in 2001, not long after I started playing. Met some guys in the area of Frankfurt, was quite a good time. 2002 we went to With Full Force festival together, great time as well.
Ever since I started gaming I went to meet people. From my experience, it´s always good fun, I´ve never been disappointed (or even shocked).
Most recent event was last years eXcessum meeting in Amsterdam. I on´t dare to list who went there (as I´d prolly miss out one or two ), but it was certainly great, and I´d love to see those people again.
Especially newt guaranteed some amusement, when he fell off his chair in a sports bar right in front of some cops who wanted to close the location for the evening <3
rUl3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jun 2009, 11:41   #9
Marv
Jazz Man

Marv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaNova View Post
But how far would you go?

All the way. Especially if HK was there.

Ex ROCK HC & PA Team Head of Support.
Marv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jun 2009, 12:04   #10
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

MrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud of

hmmmm HK drizzled in honey...hmmmmm

"he's got a proven track record when it comes to showy art composition" - Tommy

<Sigi> Light: can I ask u how many open internet-windows u always have?
<MrLobster|PM> i have 2, the pa page, and the website for naked light pictures
<Ave> both has bad gfx
MrLobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jun 2009, 17:32   #11
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat View Post
I only meet the coolest cats from PA.

Then stand them up.

Twice!

hi kila!
Die.

Yeah I only meet up with cool people like tomkat and pig. Pig is massive and tells everyone that we're cousins. Funny stuff.
Tomkat, on the other hand, cancels meets that he arranges because he can't be arsed to go. What an utter faggot. Negrep him please.