User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Closed Thread
Unread 5 Sep 2004, 18:52   #1
Intruder
Jolt took my jap girl :(

Intruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant future
[Declined] End of round rulername changes

Well, i think it would be interesting if the PA Team make avaliable for paid accounts to change the planet and leader name in the end of the round, so people could have their IRC nicks on the ranks whe it is secure to do so. Or at least on the first tick after the game stops and b4 the Havok starts.

|| Absolute || eXilition || FAnG || Insomnia || Seraphim || Silver || Vengeance ||

Channels:

#brasil #Counter-Strike #ChillSpot #cro #dawnofthedead #dragonslair #elurstaheht #Exilition #fang #fnp #g33k #HoneyBunny #insomnia #kon #Mirage #nebula #OuZo #planetarion #pta #rpg #Silver #the_witches #vgn

Unread 7 Sep 2004, 11:48   #2
yupster
Dawsons Creek r0x

yupster is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: A little change in the end for paid accounts?

If your too much of a peewee to have irc nick as your planetname, its your loss

[1up]

Round5 - 16:23
Round11 - 21:1
Round12 - 22:5
Unread 16 Sep 2004, 05:46   #3
Chippeh
Void of Sarcasm

Chippeh is an unknown quantity at this point

I think it's a great idea
Unread 16 Sep 2004, 11:06   #4
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

surely it would lead to people who are the 'jokers' changing their name to people theyre not....
It's not personal, it's just business.
Unread 16 Sep 2004, 11:28   #5
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Jester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond repute

Or comedy changes in general. The best suggestion I've seen is the 'enter IRC nick at start of round' one. Alternatively, if the passport system ever gets off the ground 'change to passport login name'.
Unread 22 Sep 2004, 06:15   #6
Intruder
Jolt took my jap girl :(

Intruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by JammyJim
surely it would lead to people who are the 'jokers' changing their name to people theyre not....
True. But anyway i would think that would give some the opportunity to have their names on sptlight in an way they might want it. But the variation presented by Jester is far better than mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester
Or comedy changes in general. The best suggestion I've seen is the 'enter IRC nick at start of round' one. Alternatively, if the passport system ever gets off the ground 'change to passport login name'.
This Passport login name could be an nice alternative, on the rnd end

|| Absolute || eXilition || FAnG || Insomnia || Seraphim || Silver || Vengeance ||

Channels:

#brasil #Counter-Strike #ChillSpot #cro #dawnofthedead #dragonslair #elurstaheht #Exilition #fang #fnp #g33k #HoneyBunny #insomnia #kon #Mirage #nebula #OuZo #planetarion #pta #rpg #Silver #the_witches #vgn

Unread 21 Oct 2004, 15:13   #7
Vencedor

Vencedor has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Yeah I agree with that approach ... that'd be sweet

2: Kane of Earth II 3: Caution of The Death Drop!
4: Gencore of Tyrian 5: Super Carrot of ^Tyrian^
6: Gencore of ^Tyrian II^ 7: Super Carrot of ^Tyrian II^
8: Caution of the Death Drop - From round 3 9b: SEE R3
9: Vencedor of todos 9.5: . = Kithal = . |_ ö v Ê r . of . Ë ¦ ÿ $ é . = Jadoor = .
10: Yalvon of Hunderi 11: Kithal of Jadoor
12: Vencedor of Todos 12 Speed#1: I cant think of a name for this rnd (rank 125)
Unread 21 Nov 2004, 21:06   #8
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

is this something a lot of people would like to see?

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Unread 21 Nov 2004, 21:39   #9
Gerbie
pe0n

Gerbie is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: [Discuss] End of round rulername changes

I'd like it.
edit: we don't have these top100 rank discussions after each round for no reason.
round 7 noob: rank 6.198 25:20:25 - VoC member
round 8 noob: rank 4.112 7:2:3 - TFD member
round 9 rank 941 23:1:9 - TFD HC
round 9.5 rank 860 22:7:3 - TFD HC
round 10: rank unknown (was #1 for a while) 5:2:5 - Vengeance pe0n
round 10.5: rank 683 19:10:2 - VGN member
round 11: rank 138 8:8:4 - VsN member
round 12: rank 515 - VGN 'special attack officer' -> jumped ship to Rock
round 13: rank 85: NoS
Unread 21 Nov 2004, 21:47   #10
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Yes i would like it also.

Possibly make it so u can only change ruler name/planet name to alliance u are in + alilance ingame nick, would stop ppl faking stuff.
Unread 23 Nov 2004, 14:43   #11
barney
Ex-Visionary

barney is a jewel in the roughbarney is a jewel in the roughbarney is a jewel in the rough

yep think forest has come up with a good idea might be nice to see my name sneaking into that top 100 at the end of the round
r11 NoS (16:9:10)
r12 VsN (22:2:1)
r13 VsN BC (10:10:10) - R.I.P.
r14 xVx Head BC (2:8:3)
Unread 23 Nov 2004, 15:18   #12
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest
Possibly make it so u can only change ruler name/planet name to alliance u are in + alilance ingame nick, would stop ppl faking stuff.
It'd help, but you can change your ingame nick to anything.
Unread 23 Nov 2004, 15:43   #13
Eol
The Subtle/Profound

Eol is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
What he says. Listen to this man.

But not as a replacement for rulername, but rather as an extra field. Like "Player Name".

I would *not* like to see arbitrary rulername changes at the end of round. Cos it breaks all my tools

Or indeed, why not just use the ingame alliance nick?
Unread 23 Nov 2004, 19:44   #14
Borg
Proud NoSser

Borg is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest
Yes i would like it also.

I like this idea

Proud to be NoS

My views are my personal views and are not a statement from NoS
Unread 24 Nov 2004, 14:48   #15
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

Tiz a good idea I like it

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
Unread 26 Nov 2004, 06:41   #16
demiGOD
the Sacred Pervert

demiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nice

that'd be cool

Veneratio | Insomnia | F-Crew | Subh
Unread 24 Jan 2005, 13:00   #17
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

people will allways find a way to hide - this will ruin themed ruler/planet names - would it not be more useful for us just to give full alliance member lists out after ticks stop...

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 24 Jan 2005, 16:52   #18
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

well would it make a difference, if people want to hide let them its end of round no idea why they would want to, if people want to display there nick in there planet name then let them.

I for one like the idea
Unread 24 Jan 2005, 17:18   #19
Kal
Inactive peon

the point is its pointless.... we coudl just do a db dump of the relevant info and put it on a website - that requires no coding at all

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 24 Jan 2005, 20:07   #20
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society

Its never pointless when its fun.. I like it
Unread 25 Jan 2005, 02:05   #21
demiGOD
the Sacred Pervert

demiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nice

this was suggested before on another thread around tick 1000 of r12, dont know what happened to it but i think it was very popular and was said to be a good idea by a lot

and it still is a good idea by a lot i personally like it, irc nick and/or pa forums acct name either/or should link them to who they are as the person known by everyone on irc and forums approve this heh!

Unread 25 Jan 2005, 10:49   #22
Kal
Inactive peon

we don;t know irc or forums nicks...

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 25 Jan 2005, 11:53   #23
Envious
Ambiguous Anachronism

Envious has a spectacular aura aboutEnvious has a spectacular aura about

Kal's suggestion of alliance dumps is good, i'd like to see it combined with a "nick" column in the gal screen that is only enabled at the end of round.

But i don't see any way you could prevent people from chosing "Synthetic Sid" as their alliance nick (when they are someone else, obviously).
Unread 25 Jan 2005, 12:45   #24
Kal
Inactive peon

also it would quite possibly break the layout of the page to add in an extra column

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 25 Jan 2005, 14:55   #25
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society

How about the alliance + chosen nick

I mean.. a fake Alessio wouldn't be a rock member for instance.. so that would prevent fakenicking.. a bit.. not completly but still..

its all about to fun and I dont think fake nicking would spoil it.. really..
Unread 25 Jan 2005, 15:18   #26
demiGOD
the Sacred Pervert

how about within the game, just automatically tagging everybody's alliances on the last 100 ticks?

Unread 25 Jan 2005, 15:35   #27
Conall
There is a better answer

Conall will become famous soon enoughConall will become famous soon enough

In general I like it. It clearly has some issues to resolve and cost/benefit to weigh. But as a general idea sounds great.

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.
Sir Winston Churchill
Unread 26 Jan 2005, 11:43   #28
Envious
Ambiguous Anachronism

Envious has a spectacular aura aboutEnvious has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
also it would quite possibly break the layout of the page to add in an extra column
oh my god, not the holy layout!
seriously, whats the problem really?
Unread 26 Jan 2005, 15:41   #29
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

Lil things sound so easy to do and kal makes out this could be difficult?

Sorry kal but you have lost me now i aint taking the pi$$ just lost me in how doing this idea in game wouldnt work.

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
Unread 26 Jan 2005, 15:50   #30
Kal
Inactive peon

its more i don;t see a huge point in it... if people really want it i'm sure we can find a way though

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 26 Jan 2005, 17:09   #31
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

i agree with kal, if you want to use a fake name, use it at the start, its not like it will be that hard to figure out the top100 if you compare screenshots before and after....
Unread 31 Jan 2005, 05:20   #32
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I like this idea, ppl could change their ruler/planet last 24 ticks or so of the game
Unread 31 Jan 2005, 13:02   #33
Orion Treet
Forever Noob

Orion Treet has a spectacular aura aboutOrion Treet has a spectacular aura about

Kal, it's fun, and abuse of it can be made impossible by means already mentioned above, would just be cool And aparently a lot of ppl like the idea
<Zhil> I am HC
<Zhil> I gave myself permission
<[MO]Forest> i meant a proper hc, not a hc who would suicide into his MO's fleet

Played r4-9.5 r12-14 Now retired.
Proud to have been Cosmic Frostbite (r12 - 22:5 - #1 gal)
Forever [4D] - LCH, ND, Absolute, TFD, DLR
Might and greed will never outweigh honor and loyalty!
Unread 31 Jan 2005, 13:07   #34
Assassin
PA Ancient

Assassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant future

Could be a gud idea, i ent to fussed tbh as i just read the History Pages anyway after the round has ended or of course just read the intel reports in alliance battle arbitters. But it may be fun yes.

Ever been attacked by a p3nguin? You get left a bit black and white!

p3nguin Founder
Unread 31 Jan 2005, 18:50   #35
Judge
Doh!

Judge is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
the point is its pointless.... we coudl just do a db dump of the relevant info and put it on a website - that requires no coding at all

The best option yet (imho)
Unread 31 Jan 2005, 20:45   #36
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
is this something a lot of people would like to see?
Its a good idea. Id rather have it like this:

A "nick for final rankings" option when you signup thats released after the ticks end, also displaying alliance and maybe how old the acc is and wether its paid or not.

-Jonas-

Retired
Unread 31 Jan 2005, 22:11   #37
Vencedor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas
Its a good idea. Id rather have it like this:

A "nick for final rankings" option when you signup thats released after the ticks end, also displaying alliance and maybe how old the acc is and wether its paid or not.

-Jonas-
And that is the best idea yet

9: Vencedor of todos 9.5: . = Kithal = . |_ ö v Ê r . of . Ë ¦ ÿ $ é . = Jadoor = .
12: Vencedor of Todos 12 Speed#1: I cant think of a name for this rnd (rank 125)
Unread 1 Feb 2005, 01:47   #38
NitinA
Laziness pays off NOW!

NitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant future

A round-to-round passport system would easily solve this problem. For now I think PA should focus on more practical coding of bigger things, rather than currently wasting the limited coding time avliable to PA coders on small cosmetic or "nice to have" things.

-Nitin
[Silver] High Council - Military
[WolfPack] High Council - Military
[Ascendancy] Member
[eXilition] High Council - Defence
7-Round Official Planetarion #Support Team Member
Retired Since Round 21
Unread 1 Feb 2005, 02:44   #39
Vencedor

Yes some things that are suggested are "nice to have" things, but even they have to be added sometime
A game lacking simple things, eg "nice to have" things needs to focus on getting them first in order to attract more players and/or to keep players playing.

The passport system was an idea many rounds ago but was never implemented (because of lack of coding time??) but it is one of the best ideas and should have been implemented long ago.

Unread 23 Mar 2005, 23:13   #40
Kal
Inactive peon

Declined - I don't really see the point and this sort of thing could be handled by the passport when it comes.

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Closed Thread