User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 15 Oct 2003, 01:20   #1
Orion Treet
Forever Noob

Orion Treet has a spectacular aura aboutOrion Treet has a spectacular aura about
How PA has effected your life

I'd like to know how PA has effected your life, what it means to you in every day.

I started playing PA in round 4, with 5-10 minutes a day just checking how my planet was doing (with my slow modem back then) Later on in that round that 5-10 minutes changed to about an hour, I started becoming involved in some small insignificant alliances.
But with that, the community came, and I felt more and more compelled to play, round 5 and 6 this just became worse and worse till in round 7 I spent 3 to 5 hours a day behind PA. PA filled my thoughts whereever I went, it was always somewhere at the back of my mind whatever I was doing. Getting up every night just to check if I'm not under attack, being pissed the entire day and maby the one after if my fleet got wiped out, being happy when I had done a good attack.

In essence it was controlling how much sleep I got and how I felt that day, this all ended when I got a gf 6 months back (still together ) and I discovered the better things in life. I've quit now, but I have many good and many bad memories attached to PA (and some great I can almost cry for happyness and some so bad I can almost cry (like being betrayed by someone you really trusted))
Well, that's my story, like to hear all of yours.
<Zhil> I am HC
<Zhil> I gave myself permission
<[MO]Forest> i meant a proper hc, not a hc who would suicide into his MO's fleet

Played r4-9.5 r12-14 Now retired.
Proud to have been Cosmic Frostbite (r12 - 22:5 - #1 gal)
Forever [4D] - LCH, ND, Absolute, TFD, DLR
Might and greed will never outweigh honor and loyalty!

Last edited by Orion Treet; 15 Oct 2003 at 01:31.
Orion Treet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Oct 2003, 08:45   #2
DaywalkerJ
Proud Father

DaywalkerJ is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: How PA has effected you life

I like your post Orion.

I like many other people that have past through the Community Game known as PA, have left the game of PA. Now lets see, where did it all begin? Ah yes, well it began sometime in the middle of Round 3. I had been introduced to the game by a friend from another website based off of the hit TV series Stargate SG-1. I guess it started as me not caring enough to play so I deleted that account, but since the game was free and the begging of my friend for me to try to learn the game, I created a new account. Well at that time I was only playing maybe 10 - 30 minutes a day, not too bad considering I was online for 1 - 2 hrs a day. I read the manual, met my galaxy members, and joined an alliance called RHGC, which i believe disbanded that round. After a few weeks I started noticing that I was playing the game far longer than I had ever wanted to. Like you, my thoughts dwelled on the game, the strategy, how many ships I was going to buy and of what type when I got back. This was kind of a problem since I was also working and would constantly be writing fleet calcs down, and getting distracted from work, Oh well, it happens.

By the end of Round 3 I had joined a group called Veterans, which seemed to be a much more stable alliance than the one I had joined previously. Unfortunately that only lasted through around the 3 week or so of Round 4 when they lost their most active leaders. After that the new leaders of Veterans decided to take up the offer of another alliance, called Rulers of Darkness, and merge into theirs. By the time we were informed of this merger, most people thought it was a plot to get the newly appointed Leaders, more power so many more veterans left. I on the other hand stayed and for a time RoD lasted. But the true reason for RoD wanting Veterans to merge with them was to try and create stability, after a leadership battle that engulfed RoD into a somewhat "civil war". By the middle to end RoD's leadership was being tossed left and right, and because there were so few active people it was left to me. I remember think, "Oh great, now if this alliance dies it will be my fault." So I started spending more time online, roughly 3 - 6 hrs. Ever watching my planet and trying to tie the alliance back up and give it some stability. Well that failed and RoD being dead was disbanded.

Since me and another guy who was named as my equal in RoD didnt want our friends to be left in the dark with no Alliance, we decided to form our own, That was hard work I tell ya. Well, we formed an unknown alliance called DpM, and since we were creating the alliance from scratch and neither of us had any coding skills, we had to rely on pre-made alliance webpages, which dont look good, but dont look really bad either. Well it is now Round 5 and we have a fairly small but stable base of players, then one day, the guy I worked with to form the alliance just vanishes, and to this day I have still not seen him, but oh well can't control or perdict everything right? Well the creation of this alliance took a lot of time, so I started getting on the net for 5 - 8 hrs a night and then getting back up taking sleep out of the equation so that I could spend more time on it. My homework and class participation also started to go low. Thankfully I'm able to persuade people easily and was able to convince my mom to allow me to keep using the computer. Since I had no social life, and was not very good with friends or girls, mostly due to my low low confidence level. Well this alliance lasted till, oh I think mid Round 6. Soon my mom was prying me off the computer just to eat dinner, and then finally one day she decided to give up and started bringing me dinner at the computer desk.

Well nearing the end of Round 6 a very active member of DpM met up with some active members of 4FS and they decided to put together a mutual offensive pact, where both alliances would use the same facilities, same site, same IRC Channels, but would keep their own identities. That ofc later became known as 4D when the merger was finally decided to be made.

So it's now what, Round 7? 4D was far more of a problem than I had time for, and with PA, I was on a computer at school or at home every waking moment. But all in all it was a good round, not much to talk about except a few things that Orion has mentioned above in his Signature. We were in the same galaxy together and had to suffer the same trials. Anyway, I really dont have much else to tell, except that during that round I found something that drew me away from PA, 4D, and anything I was doing on the Internet. It was a girl named Jenny. Wow, she knocked my boots off. She was gorgeous, smart, funny, and liked many things that I liked too. It was a person I could talk to for hours and hours at a time. Unfortunately it took me till a yr later to actually gather the courage to ask her out. But when I did, it was like we connected.

Well after meeting Jenny, I became far more inactive in the game and the alliance, maybe spending around 1 - 2 hrs a day online, falling to sleep just after talking to her. And then late in the middle of Round 8, I made a rather peculiar decision. That decision was to join the US Airforce. And that has been what i've done for the past year. Unfortunately it means I have spent almost a year away from my fiancee, yes I proposed to Jenny on May 25th of 2002. We also have a 4 month old daughter named Katie, she is by far the most gorgeous thing ever, so I dont know why people keep saying she looks like me.

Hopefully in a year or so when we've saved enough money, and have been able to do a few things that we must, Jenny and I will get married. PA has had a profound affect on my life, it has taught me that there are many people out there like me, with some of the same attributes and some of the same likes and dislikes, but it has also reminded me that there is a time when you must call it quits, and when the time has come to leave. That time for me was Round 8. Without PA, I would never have met a few of my real good friends, like Orion and a few others who's name will follow. I hope all that still play will have good fortune with their fleets, their covert operations, and their sanity.

It has been a pleasure playing with such people as Akmaster, BeingNobody, Overcast, Unimatrix, Nitros, Lady Ariell(Dont remember how to spell that last name), GaGa, Hunter, Delen, NoNickYet, Piketa, Killerbij, and there are many others, so I wont bore you all with a long list of names. I hope to keep in contact with all of those people that have touched my life in some way during my 5 and half rounds of PA, but if it is not possible then I will keep in contact with those that I can. I wish them luck and hope that one day I'll see them all again.

-Daywalker
The most important thing in my life was born on June 10th 2003, She is my daughter, and ever jewel of my life. I will forever be a father, knowing that I took part in the creation of something so truly great. I am also proud to be marrying the greatest woman I have ever met.
----
Proud former member of 4D
All 4D members will hold a place in my heart, and forever that bond will follow me in my thoughts and actions.
Remember: Power, Might, and Greed will never outweight Honor and Loyalty.

Last edited by DaywalkerJ; 23 Jan 2005 at 15:27.
DaywalkerJ is offline   Reply With Quote