User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 23 Jan 2005, 10:43   #51
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Stealing ships comeback?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
I don;t think consultation is bad, we just like to have a few surprises now and again, its about the only fun we have left, and some people have ben consulted on the change in question....
Oh right so you told ppl who can get a head start on the idea maybe some ppl in a
popular alliance?
Just a question is all

But anyways i do agree with demigod you is all doing a brilliant job tbh yes ppl make mistakes and ppl moan but you find the ppl who moan probs make plenty more mistakes than you do hence why they notice them quicker

Good work PA team

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jan 2005, 12:30   #52
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

for thoose that haven;t guessed yet - it is indeed stealing that will be making a come back but it will work quite differently from the last time it was here - details will be announced along with beta info soon.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jan 2005, 12:32   #53
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
for thoose that haven;t guessed yet - it is indeed stealing that will be making a come back but it will work quite differently from the last time it was here - details will be announced along with beta info soon.

Wahoo all them poor terrans/cats/xans getting there ships stolen by pink ships with sexeh pretend not real women in them in pink bikinis to trick them with

Unread 23 Jan 2005, 12:41   #54
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mist
assuming that you're going to tell people what they're getting when they choose races, the only difference i can see between telling people now and telling people in a month's time is the month of fixing time you loose if someone does indeed spot a problem.

i promise we'll all look just as surprised now as we will later. honest.

well quite obviosuly people find things out in the beta anyway... which will be very very soon

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 23 Jan 2005, 13:18   #55
hook
I'm who you want me to be

hook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of light

So stealing instead of pink wings? You can count me out on taking Zik...
Unread 23 Jan 2005, 13:43   #56
noah02
The Original Terran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hook
So stealing instead of pink wings? You can count me out on taking Zik...
they still get the pink wings

Unread 23 Jan 2005, 14:26   #57
Orion Treet
Forever Noob

Orion Treet has a spectacular aura aboutOrion Treet has a spectacular aura about

w00t! Ziks get at least some form of stealing back
<Zhil> I am HC
<Zhil> I gave myself permission
<[MO]Forest> i meant a proper hc, not a hc who would suicide into his MO's fleet

Played r4-9.5 r12-14 Now retired.
Proud to have been Cosmic Frostbite (r12 - 22:5 - #1 gal)
Forever [4D] - LCH, ND, Absolute, TFD, DLR
Might and greed will never outweigh honor and loyalty!
Orion Treet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jan 2005, 00:07   #58
Conall
There is a better answer

Conall will become famous soon enoughConall will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
Being in PA team for a sufficient length of time tends to have that effect on you .
It is called drinking the cool aid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mist
assuming that you're going to tell people what they're getting when they choose races, the only difference i can see between telling people now and telling people in a month's time is the month of fixing time you loose if someone does indeed spot a problem.

i promise we'll all look just as surprised now as we will later. honest.
And mist has a point. If a dog bites you once and you go back to pet him, it is called being trusting. If he bites you a second time and you go back again, its because you are a fool, and deserve Cujo's rath.

So for people to be skeptical should hardly be a suprise. My take is that keeping us in the dark is a protective measure. So if we point out the flaws then there is no time to fix it and the round just carries on. Sort of like PA has done in the past. That is if there are any flaws.....maybe there are not. (not holding my breath tho).

Hmm, maybe thats the old thing, and the tease is the new twist?!?!

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.
Sir Winston Churchill
Conall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jan 2005, 01:41   #59
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

hmm, maybe it could be good, as long as stealing is not as good as subvertion in terms of effectiveness ( subvertion has same effectiveness as emping, this is so unfair....). surely caths would be improved as a result, and terrans would then have more targets, and therefore xans would have more targets, and zik would.. and you get the idea...
Unread 25 Jan 2005, 10:48   #60
Kal
Inactive peon

stealing will definitly not be effective thats for sure

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 25 Jan 2005, 14:00   #61
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

just as long as stealing has nowhere near the effectiveness of subverting im happy
Unread 25 Jan 2005, 14:42   #62
Cannon_Fodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envious
stop teasing us Kal.. come on give us some meat to chew on
did i miss something or didnt he already tell us it was stealing?
Unread 25 Jan 2005, 16:48   #63
Envious
Ambiguous Anachronism

Envious has a spectacular aura aboutEnvious has a spectacular aura about

true, thats what you get from not reading the middle part of a thread
i'll delete my post
Envious is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jan 2005, 03:22   #64
Orion Treet
Forever Noob

Orion Treet has a spectacular aura aboutOrion Treet has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
stealing will definitly not be effective thats for sure
You've got me confused now But I'm pretty sure that's the general idea.
<Zhil> I am HC
<Zhil> I gave myself permission
<[MO]Forest> i meant a proper hc, not a hc who would suicide into his MO's fleet

Played r4-9.5 r12-14 Now retired.
Proud to have been Cosmic Frostbite (r12 - 22:5 - #1 gal)
Forever [4D] - LCH, ND, Absolute, TFD, DLR
Might and greed will never outweigh honor and loyalty!
Orion Treet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jan 2005, 04:04   #65
Gumbie
SiN HC

Gumbie is a jewel in the roughGumbie is a jewel in the roughGumbie is a jewel in the roughGumbie is a jewel in the rough

Nono, you want it to be effective, just not too effective. Else no-one will go zik. I agree that you need a lot of consultation to get that balance right. After all 2 heads are better than one, extrapolated out to a decent size.

Or at least extensive alpha testing by the PA team to ensure they can compete. Then pitch it to us in a closed beta, and mass tested in the open beta. Of course, you should know that, and I assume that's the direction you're going.

<toot> of course at a cow
<toot> what do you think
<Tearz> I mean... like theres anythign else to do with a bazooka
Gumbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jan 2005, 04:48   #66
exblade
that one dude

exblade has a spectacular aura aboutexblade has a spectacular aura aboutexblade has a spectacular aura about

i think it might be PDS...
ROCK - DC [ROCK]
The Galactic Vikings - DC [TGV]
Vengeance - DC [VGN]
CareBears - DC [CB]

Rounds 9.5,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,19,26,27,28,38
exblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jan 2005, 10:28   #67
Karjeg
SiN

Karjeg is an unknown quantity at this point

None of you people know anything. Cathaar will have a new construction called "barn" where they can buy "cows"

These "cows" will produce "fuel" for the ships. A massive effort on the part of PAteam to make the game better for the environment. This will not be forgotten, you have the word of the CCFEFSFS (Cathaar Collective For Environmentally Friendly Ship Fuel Systems) on that.

Alternately, huge tanks will collect all the BS on the forums and process it for methane.
<Jeeves> --- 1.1 Centaur will kill 0.277037037037 Hornet
Karjeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jan 2005, 16:05   #68
noah02
The Original Terran

Why are you 2 above me still guessing when Kal has specifically said its stealing?
Or do you not know hes part of PA staff?

And watch them words carefully Kal saying stealing will not be affective sounds a bit tonk but then again you could steal ships and use the ones you have nicked.

Unread 26 Jan 2005, 16:56   #69
Cannon_Fodder

i would have suggested having zik only being able steal other zik ships, but as kal has said in other threads, such things are not realistic.

plus it would screw up the balance, maybe someone can alter that suggestion slightly?
Unread 26 Jan 2005, 19:10   #70
Gumbie
SiN HC

Gumbie is a jewel in the roughGumbie is a jewel in the roughGumbie is a jewel in the roughGumbie is a jewel in the rough

If zik could only steal zik, you'd just end up with more zik ships, which can still only steal zik ships...
Also, everyone would nuke zik knowing they can't do much back.
You could introduce a new shipstat, succeptability, that dictates how effective things such as EMP and stealing are. Then if you find that Xan are just being stolen in droves, you improve them in that way, but keep their armour the same. After all, why is a hulking terran lump of steel just as good at taking fire as it is protecting its systems from EMP or nanobots?

<toot> of course at a cow
<toot> what do you think
<Tearz> I mean... like theres anythign else to do with a bazooka
Gumbie is offline   Reply With Quote