User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 22 Mar 2010, 00:32   #1
Trunks
Fear The Reaper

Trunks is an unknown quantity at this point
Put galaxy status back to the top of the menu

Simple suggestion really, put the gal status button back to the top preferred it there
Unread 22 Mar 2010, 00:46   #2
Zaejii
This Space for Rent
Speedy Thief Champion, Turbo Turtle Champion, Cop-For-This Champion

Zaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud of
Re: Put galaxy status back to the top of the menu

yeah i have trouble finding it and politics. i think gal status was at the top of its old grouping and politics was the bottom?
Unread 22 Mar 2010, 06:09   #3
zebra
h3ll's angels

zebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to behold

Yes, or just more skins in general (probably something that's already being worked on I'd guess).
[18:04] * h3ll has quit IRC (Ping timeout)
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Mar 2010, 19:10   #4
M0RPH3US
idle

M0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really nice

yes pls

its the most important page probably, put it on the top

"It´s not about how hard u hit, its about how hard u can get hit and still keep moving forward! How much u can take and still move forward!"
M0RPH3US is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Mar 2010, 03:33   #5
Trunks
Fear The Reaper

Trunks is an unknown quantity at this point

I have nothing wrong with the skin itself, just this button in particular Overview is by itself at the top, gal status> overview Replace or add it at the top imo
Unread 23 Mar 2010, 05:49   #6
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

There's lots of things wrong with the skin. Before I compile a short list, let me say than I'm using the text-only skin, though from what I've seen from the r32 skin, the list applies to that skin as well (and probably others).

Overview: I approve entirely of moving the global announcement thing to a separate page and in-page pop-up, it makes things much more legible. I would however (and I've said this before) change it to something that sounds a little more professional than "important messages". Additionally, please finally introduce a quests page, it's beyond me why that info can still only be found on the overview.

Research: way too much info on one page. It's totally incomprenensible. The usage of javascript in the previous interface was excellent, it is beyond me why it was removed. I'll get to scrolling soon.

Construction: Pretty much exactly the same thing.

Scan: Even on a 900px high page, I can't see the bottom scan and it's even worse if I've already done a scan, it's not incommon for only the 3 top scans to be visible. Why the **** do you make me scroll every time I want to do an Advanced Unit or Jumpgate Probe, which is pretty much every second time I'm on that page? The info given for each scan is useful for new players, but everyone who's played the game before knows which scan is which and for them the info is useless. Auto-hide it.

Every single ****ing page: DEAR LORD THE HORIZONTAL SCROLL. ****ing hell, who the **** ever thought this was a good idea? You know, there's this beautiful set-up that's been used for pretty much, oh, I don't know, every single ****ing interface since punch cards: navigation on the right, header at the top. Stick. To. ****ing. Conventions.

So yeah, basically what I'm advocating is reverting every single change you made to the interface, except for the global announcement thing. Lastly, here, use this.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.

Last edited by Mzyxptlk; 23 Mar 2010 at 06:00.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Mar 2010, 07:20   #7
ricoshay
Save energy: Be apathetic

ricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricoshay View Post
Given that there are quite a few people that do NOT like the new layout of the research/construction/waves pages and/or the new side-menu, could we pretty please have a "classic" skin with the old layout available?
Unread 23 Mar 2010, 13:46   #8
Annie

Annie is just really niceAnnie is just really niceAnnie is just really niceAnnie is just really nice

Who made these changes and do they actually play the game?

The scan page is my most used page, it was concise before, I do like the idea that I can check a button and scan a number of scans at once of a planet, but the other changes make this pale...

I would like at least my last 10 scans on the same page, also go back to before with scans clean and straight down in a row, the scrolling is miserable and the information on that page is only needed once so why not put it in a info link.
Annie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Mar 2010, 13:32   #9
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie View Post
Who made these changes and do they actually play the game?
They don't. The people in charge of development department are volunteers that have been working on the poor excuse for a game for half a decade pro bono.

What do you really expect of them?
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Mar 2010, 13:59   #10
Judge
Doh!

Judge is infamous around these parts

Perhaps it would be possible to have a menu where the player can select the button(s) and move them to his/her own preferred positions?
Judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Mar 2010, 15:56   #11
Zaejii
This Space for Rent

Zaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud of

that^

on another note, anyone other than myself keep looking for Mail/Messages under the communications category?
Unread 25 Mar 2010, 17:08   #12
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I got used to that pretty quickly, actually. Probably because half the time I clicked the "!Mail!" and "!News!" buttons anyway.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Mar 2010, 20:02   #13
tobyy

tobyy is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunks View Post
Simple suggestion really, put the gal status button back to the top preferred it there
best suggestion
tobyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Mar 2010, 21:34   #14
Zaejii
This Space for Rent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
I got used to that pretty quickly, actually. Probably because half the time I clicked the "!Mail!" and "!News!" buttons anyway.
i mainly go looking for it on my mobile. when you zoom in on a page, it focuses to the left so you end up with Overview, Communications, etc.