User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions > Departing PA Messages

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 30 Nov 2009, 21:46   #1
Assassin
PA Ancient

Assassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant future
The End is finally here...

Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening Ladies and Gentlemen of the PA community

Well think its safe to say i have wrote a fair few of these in my PA carrear. But due to real life finally getting a hold of me, this time im afraid it is for real. But what a fantastic ride it has been. Now if you all allow me i just wanted to say a few words and thank a few people. First of all, its been a pleasure to have been part of this game since it first begun in 2000 when i was just the tender age of 13 (might of been 12 depending on dates?) And as i said above i have 'tried' to leave this game before but was usally always dragged back so never actually left lol I have virtually grown up with this game, from of course a child upto the age of 23 (and yes i am 23... not 40+ which some people seem to think i am) and this game and the people within it have helped me grow to be the man i am today. As sad as that may sound its very true i have learned a lot from this game, not just via playing it as lets face it i always did suck at it,but more about interacting with the people who have either left, the people we have lost (R.I.P h3ll) or even the people which still drive on in this community... its the community which made me what i am today and taught me a lot about myself. I have been in some fantastic alliances, i enjoyed my time in every single one of them. Although most seem to disband once i joined them and was started to be saw as maybe a curse? (ie virus, vts, 1up, nos... the list goes on!) But i have enjoyed as i say my time in each and every one of these alliances that i have been part off. But my top 4 would have to be:

Rock.. mainly due too it was the first alliance i called home. Lead by the great TGO, TDO and TFO this small alliance was once known as the backbone in PA once called by sid and many other PA legends to be known for its fantastic defence. This is where i started to grow from been a little kid, to embracing this game and becoming a recruitment officer in rock to work alongside some excellent people such as Thely, tauc_redfox, keyman, Starlet, Angelus, trashy, TAA... god the list goes on but you know who you are in that alliance! And im glad to see the alliance Rock is still going.

The second alliance i have to say would be Legion. I remmember for weeks and weeks i witnessed that alliance in ore dominate (in my own apinion) the game which i started to get addicted too. People such as Grendel, Biggdogg, Rampage, Willzzz etc. I was such in ore of this alliance that, been any anoying teanager would do, i started to pester the HC daily to give me a shot at been a member of the fantastic alliance. Finally, after many days of pming Willzzz finally gave me the shot i wanted.. and this is probably the only round i could say i ever had a 'decent' planet ranking. And it was thanks to the guys in this alliance. Almost caused me to fail my GCSE's mind you as i fell asleep during a maths exam due to been up all nite. But it was worth it to experience such an alliance as this.

My third choice, amusingly is Ascendancy. Ive had the privlage of been there twice.. once sponsored by JBG and of course i left due to i thought JBG was going to quit and created Audentes (we all know how that worked out right?...) and later got sponsored back in again. Now i didnt really do much to help their cause i was a scanner, and not the best lets face it not like achi, pele, rul3r etc but i tried my best. And i know a lot of people say these guys are arrogent and troll the forums etc, but your wrong. Until you have experienced just how well they work togther as a unit, and as solo players that is when you really do respect these guys. They are just good at what they do and you cant fault that. And JBGs leadership was always fantastic, especially when he would say stuff like 'the next person to speak i will pm you the battle calc of this incoming and you will do it or be kicked' only to see the likes of zhil enter the channel and say 'lo' was pure genious to watch.

And finally my current home (yes i had a top 4 instead of top 3) the p3nguins alliance. Its been an honour and a pleasure working with you guys over the last 3 rounds. Origonaly it was a drunken rant between myself and m0 to create this alliance, which turned out to be saw as a type of 'asc clone' (although no where near of course as id never compare us to asc) But same sort of recruitment methods etc. Our first round was a great one, we ended second which wasnt bad in my book to be honest. But then the second round wasnt our best performance unfortunatly, but we still had a fantastic time and have developed a core. Id like to thank people such as m0, agar3s, munkee, mpulse, krypton, crowly, marcus.... heck this list could go on of former and current p3nguin members. You all in either your time their, or still been there made me proud to have ended my last pa rounds with you. And im sure p3nguins will go on to play many many more rounds with krypton and mpulse (plus others) leading the way.. (fantastic tech btw from mpulse)

But anyway.. yes its been a long road and im sure a lot of you know me for my boring speeches who have been in alliances with me. I have experienced a lot over my time in this game, some might even remmember when i was unfortuntaly stabbed when taking some cash out of a cash point on my way home from work, and i came home from hospital to witness a thread and some fantastic replies from this community wishing me well that was really an eye opener that yes you get some idiots trying to act all arrogent to make a name for themselves, but in the long run this community is still alive with decent people and is still as strong as it was all those years ago (Here is that thread: http://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=194962 )

I have since in my pa carrear had the privlage of working on the support team and PA team as the MH manager working alongside people such as phil, xontas, appocomaster, lunar_lamp, ph8, squishy, fiery, cin, kal and it was a pleasure working alongside all of you (theres too many to name to so appologse for not mentioning all of you) Also was a pleasure receiving that huge hamper from biffy the one christmas was fantastic! Thank you for that biffy

All in all its been a long run, and i think, after all these rounds its finally time to admit my time has expired in this game. I would like to thank just a few people who i havent already mentioned in my huge speech above which are: Androx, tobbe, posi, becky, kenny, baddars, irvine, ogami, horus, markb, gzambo, mz, tomkat, trashy, dark_crystal, kloopy, shev, catwoman, zhil, krypton, sjor, landor, mazz, cisco, booji, londo.... theres to many to name im afraid during 36 rounds.. but anyone ive come accross over those years will know i thank all of you really do . Also all the current p3nguins alliance as well as this round YOU HAVE BEEN FANTASTIC! (btw linkie just for you too thank you for the lovely sarcastic remarks you always gave in #trans... i love you for it ) Also as a final FINAL mention to the moaning woman known as light whos just moaned she wasnt mentioned on here... so here is to the lovely stalker of all irc guys (especially with phil poor guy), and the only person ive ever known to admit shes right about everything.. THE ONE AND ONLY LIGHT!

Anyway thank you for hearing my boring speech, i wish you all luck and thank you all again, this game and community helped me grow, and im sure it will still be here many years to come.

Assassin

Ever been attacked by a p3nguin? You get left a bit black and white!

p3nguin Founder

Last edited by Assassin; 11 Dec 2009 at 23:36.
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote