User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 24 Jul 2011, 16:39   #1
t3k
The Video Guy

t3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond repute
Lost City of Gold

Paititi – the legendary lost city of Gold.

For hundreds of years explorers have lost their lives in search of it. Rumoured to contain the gold hidden by the Spanish at the time of the conquest; to date, no-one has ever located this fabled city.

The location of the city itself remains uncertain with theories putting Paititi in locations throughout the Andes spanning countries as vast as Peru, Bolivia and Brazil.

One thing has remained constant throughout all the expeditions – faith! A faith in the legends of the natives who claim to know hidden settlements. A faith that modern scanning technology may yet reveal what has been missed thus far. A faith that the jungle has one more treasure to yield and that one day someone will find ancient Paititi!

[/spiel]

For those of you who've read all that, cheers. I just wanted to let you know I will be heading into the Amazon in August as part of an expedition to find the lost city of gold. 3 weeks of roughing it in the rainforest, filming a documentary about the experience and trying not to get killed in the process. In case you're wondering why I'm bringing it up, it's because we shall be 'Tweeting' live from the jungle about our experiences.

We hope to build up a following so that when we get back, our footage will look more popular and promising to TV studios. And, to be honest, as the project is fully self-funded I wouldn't mind making my expenses back heh.

https://twitter.com/#!/secretofincas

Is the Twitter account we'll be updating. If you're interested, or just want to show a little support for some good old-fashioned* exploration, follow us live as we trek through one of the most hazardous terrains on earth.

Thanks guys :-)

P.S. no trolling <3

*old-fashioned, except for the satellite phone, laptop and the camera equipment.
Unread 26 Jul 2011, 18:09   #2
t3k
The Video Guy

t3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Lost City of Gold

Right, fine. Be that way.

Free iPod competition coming this Friday, stay tuned x
Unread 26 Jul 2011, 21:56   #3
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Best of luck to you tuechts
Unread 27 Jul 2011, 12:01   #4
CBA
Mind-boggling

CBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these parts

Good on you!

Sounds exciting

R21-Randy Dandys Winners R21
1:9:5 -SoClose- -YetSoFar-

You have pending friend requests from Newt.
CBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jul 2011, 12:45   #5
HeimdallR

HeimdallR will become famous soon enoughHeimdallR will become famous soon enough

bring back home a pet panther for me

If life hands you lemons, drink more tequila

After the game is over the king and the pawn end up in the same box

HA - asc -rdm-asc-VR- #ODDR - APP
Finally retired
HeimdallR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jul 2011, 00:52   #6
t3k
The Video Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeimdallR View Post
bring back home a pet panther for me
lol'd.

Meanwhile, in other news, check out this competition:

http://thesecretoftheincas.com/competition/
Unread 31 Jul 2011, 09:46   #7
Mistwraith
Bad Girl

Mistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud of

Cool, but the cities of gold were a myth, the incan empire was almost gone by the time they found it, the conquistadors took the loot back to spain, unless the english pirates got it 1st, the incan gold was gold leaf applied to things not solid, but actually finding a lost inca city, thats the dream of many, good luck, keep taking your malaria tablets !
R11 -> NOW HR HC
(a round history not condusive to suceeding in exams, having a life or much sleep )
I'm not misunderstood ... I'm EVIL
Mistwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jul 2011, 12:10   #8
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

kenny is going to find the lost city of gold? thats freaking amazing!

Will there be some kind of kennyesque video to accompany your discovery? and will you mock DZ in it?
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Aug 2011, 12:03   #9
t3k
The Video Guy

recording some promo vids tonight actually mate, and they'll be very kenny-esque heh.

but no, I wont mention dz :P
Unread 1 Aug 2011, 12:11   #10
t3k
The Video Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistwraith View Post
Cool, but the cities of gold were a myth, the incan empire was almost gone by the time they found it, the conquistadors took the loot back to spain, unless the english pirates got it 1st, the incan gold was gold leaf applied to things not solid, but actually finding a lost inca city, thats the dream of many, good luck, keep taking your malaria tablets !
Yeah, crazy times at the moment with all the vaccines I'm being signed up for. Thanks
Unread 8 Aug 2011, 13:01   #11
t3k
The Video Guy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4k1nJyUKcs

The first of 4 'kennyesque' videos heh. Nearly 1,300 Twitter followers now btw guys, getting quite the interest in the project. We're holding a big fundraiser next week on the 18th before we go, set to be quite the event so looking forward to that.

The closer it gets to the trip, the more convinced I am that I'll not be coming back heh. That's real adventure for you!
Unread 8 Aug 2011, 16:46   #12
Demort
Anarchy Shadow

Demort is just really niceDemort is just really niceDemort is just really niceDemort is just really niceDemort is just really nice

ive set to follow you just cause its you dude id have gone with you would be very interesting hope you eat the right bugs and plants dont wanna see you illl on camera but ill monitor it constantly

EX

Legion, Fury, Xanadu, Wolfpack, NoS, TSU, LKSAB, Vgn, F-Crew, CT, Insomnia, Angels, VsN, Gross, Osiris, ROCK, XvX, Faceless, Unsullied, Haven, Carisan, RaGe, Carnage, Kittenz and EC

Currently

In ODDR Command
Demort is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Aug 2011, 14:35   #13
Reese
If not never; then once.

Reese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud of

sounds awesome, have a great time. I went to the rain forest for a week in Belize this summer, it was really fun! I hope you have a good time! My uncle did an exploration of Peru many years ago (he was actually the videographer) so I've always had an interest in that area after reading the book about their expedition. I will be following your trip with interest.
Unread 11 Aug 2011, 13:25   #14
Nitz

Nitz is a name known to allNitz is a name known to allNitz is a name known to allNitz is a name known to allNitz is a name known to allNitz is a name known to all

Good luck and have a great time buddy
Unread 11 Aug 2011, 13:54   #15
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

he aint your buddy guy
Unread 11 Aug 2011, 14:35   #16
w3nnk
Banned

w3nnk is infamous around these partsw3nnk is infamous around these parts

hello kenny could i ask you what the meaning of the trip is about? If you hit/find any gold do you get to keep it?and whois going with you ? i am just interested thanks
w3nnk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Aug 2011, 17:34   #17
t3k
The Video Guy

We're making a documentary about our attempts to find the lost city of gold.

Yale university is currently still arguing with the Peruvian government about the 'rights' to treasures recovered at Macchu Pichu, so I doubt we'd get to keep much. It'd certainly make the documentary a lot more interesting, and there'd be a lot more publicity surrounding the project.

Ultimately though, it's about the journey and the people on the expedition and anything above that is food for content.
Unread 11 Aug 2011, 22:28   #18
Nusselt
share the <3

Nusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by t3k View Post
Ultimately though, it's about the journey and the people on the expedition and anything above that is food for content.
tbh; when you advertise about finding GOLD and a lost city of GOLD the journey is merely the shit you go through to get the GOLD

best of luck to your expedition! ill follow you on twitter

coincidentally ive also started my privateer recreation society...
Unread 12 Aug 2011, 01:14   #19
t3k
The Video Guy

you're more than welcome to look for it as well! The purpose of the journey is as avertised, but the purpose of the documentary will be of the journey
Unread 12 Aug 2011, 01:24   #20
eksero
What-A-Shot Champion

eksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud of

Have fun!
eksero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Aug 2011, 02:11   #21
w3nnk
Banned

w3nnk is infamous around these partsw3nnk is infamous around these parts

Well ok t3k have fun !!!
w3nnk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Aug 2011, 13:20   #22
t3k
The Video Guy

New vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U85YmEr1o2A
Unread 13 Aug 2011, 15:09   #23
Demort
Anarchy Shadow

Demort is just really niceDemort is just really niceDemort is just really niceDemort is just really niceDemort is just really nice

keep the videos coming there interesting to say the least

EX

Legion, Fury, Xanadu, Wolfpack, NoS, TSU, LKSAB, Vgn, F-Crew, CT, Insomnia, Angels, VsN, Gross, Osiris, ROCK, XvX, Faceless, Unsullied, Haven, Carisan, RaGe, Carnage, Kittenz and EC

Currently

In ODDR Command
Demort is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Aug 2011, 19:24   #24
t3k
The Video Guy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfFYxKP3oY0

new vid, serious one this time
Unread 16 Aug 2011, 20:47   #25
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by t3k View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfFYxKP3oY0

new vid, serious one this time

Cos its serious ill point out that at the cut caption at 45ish seconds you spelt 'search' as 'serch'

Hope that helps - want it to look professional Ken
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Aug 2011, 14:22   #26
t3k
The Video Guy

Oh dear. Well, it wasn't actually me that edited these videos so I can't take the blame for that one!

That said, I'll be sure to amend this quickly.
Unread 20 Aug 2011, 01:26   #27
dreis

dreis is an unknown quantity at this point

DONT eat the "patchamanca" or something that sounds like this!

R-23 @PT: 197
(@sigrid) you have an unpayed account????
(@dreis) yup
(@sigrid) well
(@sigrid) its payed for now.
(@sigrid) get going!
---
R43 @Tick: 128
Aug 25 00:14:25 <Zeyi> dreis
Aug 25 00:14:35 <dreis> yes?
Aug 25 00:14:46 <Zeyi> i have a spare credit
Aug 25 00:15:07 <Zeyi> if it'll help you i have no problem upgrading you
dreis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Aug 2011, 01:27   #28
Korsan
Always MadcowS

Korsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the rough

Kai loves you.

And...

Relation Change Ascendancy and the Horde are now at war with each other.
Korsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Aug 2011, 17:03   #29
t3k
The Video Guy

Roger that, dreis!
Unread 12 Sep 2011, 16:50   #30
t3k
The Video Guy

Sorry chaps, didn't die!

Unread 12 Sep 2011, 17:43   #31
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

But did you pull a burd though kenny?
Unread 21 Sep 2011, 21:56   #32
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

When do we get to see it?
A Glaswegian forcing his way through unyielding and hostile terrain ... on his way out of Glasgow to the Amazon
Unread 22 Sep 2011, 12:55   #33
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster View Post
When do we get to see it?
A Glaswegian forcing his way through unyielding and hostile terrain ... on his way out of Glasgow to the Amazon
Forget the amazon .... If kenny can walk through Govan (a rangers saturated area of glasgow) with a celtic top on then I would call that survival skills.