User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 7 Sep 2007, 00:06   #1
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
ZOMG Downtime!

Whines here!
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Sep 2007, 00:07   #2
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place
Re: ZOMG Downtime!

i am most dissapointed
Unread 7 Sep 2007, 00:09   #3
Benneh
Non directed and witty

Benneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet society

Speaking on behalf of a terran. I am utterly devistated by the downtime.
Benneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Sep 2007, 00:10   #4
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

And it looks like we're down for 12 hours. Awaiting PA Team comment in this thread.
Unread 7 Sep 2007, 00:10   #5
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

EDIT: [01:08] <Lunar_Lamp> I said 12hours earlier. Evidently our own policies disagree with what I said.
[01:09] <Lunar_Lamp> Just to confirm to everyone - that is 24hours of downtime.

NOOOO
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Sep 2007, 00:11   #6
Zaejii
This Space for Rent
Speedy Thief Champion, Turbo Turtle Champion, Cop-For-This Champion

Zaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud of

long as they don't roll back that last tick i'm indifferent
Unread 7 Sep 2007, 00:16   #7
Kree

Kree is a glorious beacon of lightKree is a glorious beacon of lightKree is a glorious beacon of lightKree is a glorious beacon of lightKree is a glorious beacon of light

AWESOME finally some sleep
Unread 7 Sep 2007, 00:16   #8
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

24 hours then. Go outside, get some fresh air, change your poopsock.
Unread 7 Sep 2007, 00:20   #9
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

What is a poopsock?
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 7 Sep 2007, 00:28   #10
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

A poopsock eliminates the need to go all the way to the bathroom, which wastes valuable gaming time.

Unread 7 Sep 2007, 00:31   #11
Mzyxptlk
mz.

I'm a fan of recycling myself (pun intended).

But back to the topic at hand:

OH MY GAWD TEH GAME IS DOWN
Unread 7 Sep 2007, 00:36   #12
Elevator
Crackhead

Elevator is a jewel in the roughElevator is a jewel in the roughElevator is a jewel in the roughElevator is a jewel in the rough

WHIIIIIIIIII! Game down!
Now I'm really upset I didn't go to the pub :/
Unread 7 Sep 2007, 00:37   #13
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elevator
WHIIIIIIIIII! Game down!
Now I'm really upset I didn't go to the pub :/
I came back from a potential night out for this. Petition for pa smses when the game goes down!
Unread 7 Sep 2007, 00:40   #14
ArcChas
General (Adjective Army)

ArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud of

So that's 2% of the (already short) round gone. :-)

I wonder what the record is for the least number of ticks in a round of Planetarion? (Excluding the half-rounds from 9 to 10.5).

My guess is that it was last round - by some margin.

(I was wrong - it's 1129 ticks - in round 20).
Knights of the Green Shield R99 | Look Out of The Window R100 | Most of All R102
Hard of Hearing (2:7:1) R103 | The Lateness of Your Application (1:6:6) R104 | Kinnison of Tellus (5:1:2) R105
ArcChas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Sep 2007, 00:44   #15
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

I took my precautions, I have a few screenshots saved, i'll be able to stare at them for hours, just as if the game was up...
Unread 7 Sep 2007, 01:58   #16
GReaper
The BOFH

GReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makhil
I took my precautions, I have a few screenshots saved, i'll be able to stare at them for hours, just as if the game was up...
Would you be so kind and upload those screenshots for us? Withdrawal symptoms are not nice.
GReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Sep 2007, 03:04   #17
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

DrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud of

Noooooo, an alliance went through the trouble of scanning and setting up an attack on my galaxy, putting it all neatly into parser and they were done picking and ready to launch... the cin breaks the intraweb!!!??? I needed to offload some roids goddammit :|

* We do not exist *

* G-II * NoS * VsN * Ascendancy * Osiris * xVx * Ultores *

DrunkenViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Sep 2007, 03:12   #18
Hideo

Hideo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by GReaper
Would you be so kind and upload those screenshots for us? Withdrawal symptoms are not nice.
Quote:
There are currently 6 fleets moving, containing 523,631,006 ships.
speedgame ftw
Hideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Sep 2007, 04:50   #19
Ave

Ave is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of light

my attack is pretty much canceled now :/ kree sleeps together with aldarn :/
Ave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Sep 2007, 05:40   #20
Turbo
Smokin

Turbo is an unknown quantity at this point

I lost 7k co because I couldn`t login to recall my attack fleet but it seems no rollback so I am screwed :/

TURBO
Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Sep 2007, 05:59   #21
Digiscent
KiLLa

Digiscent is infamous around these partsDigiscent is infamous around these parts

u guys owe whoever paid for my credit some money!!!
R4:Oh to be A Pepsi Bottle(285:19)[Bluetubas][Pepsi]#6
R5:Lothlórien (28:16)[Wolfpack]#58
R6: (17:2)[NoS]
R7: (9:25)[NoS][Pepsi]
R9: (49:1)[Seraphim]
R9.5:[LDK] [S] [Oly] [Ely] [ETY](30:8)[Seraphim]#10
R19:Sexy Mandolin(1:5)[TGV]#7
R22:The Dutchmaster of Tallahassee(18:10:4)[ROCK]#111
R23:TheKing of Kush(12:2:4)[ROCK]#69
R24:Thoughts of Murder(6:7:1)[ROCK]#65
R26:President Obama of Yes We Can(4:3:9)[Jenova]#200
R30:President Obama of The United States (1:4:15)[CT]
Digiscent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Sep 2007, 08:50   #22
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkenViking
Noooooo, an alliance went through the trouble of scanning and setting up an attack on my galaxy, putting it all neatly into parser and they were done picking and ready to launch... the cin breaks the intraweb!!!??? I needed to offload some roids goddammit :|
Who the hell would want to attack your loser-galaxy?
Unread 7 Sep 2007, 09:15   #23
Allfather
The PropaGhandi

Allfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these parts

Hmz, who had routing problems this time?
I find it odd they do this for some players and not others.
Was 1-2 rounds ago there were some major routing problems in Norway, and I didn't notice any downtime in pa.

But when the Canadian moose people had a little hiccup they shut it down.
Do i sense some sort of trend?

<Deffeh> I just told my parents im a homosexual, now they kicked me out
Allfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Sep 2007, 09:23   #24
Nadar
I see you!

Discrimination I tell you!!
Unread 7 Sep 2007, 09:45   #25
Allfather
The PropaGhandi

Allfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these parts

Yes, and I who woke up at the middle of the night to do coverts so i could get my #1 spot back (well, got out of bed to take my midnight pee, but still counts) and then the game was offline

I WANT SYMPATHY!

<Deffeh> I just told my parents im a homosexual, now they kicked me out
Allfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Sep 2007, 09:56   #26
Lockhead
Cabeza Coder

Lockhead is a jewel in the roughLockhead is a jewel in the roughLockhead is a jewel in the rough

http://www.planetarion.com/pages.php?a=page&id=2

There is NOTHING written there about what happens if one tick is affected.

We would not have needed this downtime.

Kills the game-spirit and the work of many BCs arranging attacks.

lockhead.net

Quote:
Round 24 Conspiracy HC Comment at my planet
<Germania> 4.9.1
<Germania> hes our top hostile
Lockhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Sep 2007, 10:04   #27
Veil05
NE

Veil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud of

How does it lockhead? it only affects those who have JUST launched an attack. most people were going to be launching in 3/4 hours time. They can still do that.. right?
Unread 7 Sep 2007, 10:07   #28
jelle
LCH

jelle is an unknown quantity at this point

me loves downtimes

JNC - One Addiction, One Passion and One Goal

16:57 [Satyr] gonna play speedy tomorrow dude?
16:58 [Satyr] need a couple of gays to have some fun
14:44 [@Oizo]: i need more penis
22:27 [@Jumper] im not hardcock

Viking hoisting the Raven Banner high!
jelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Sep 2007, 10:49   #29
Mistwraith
Bad Girl

Mistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud of

OK i was at work for some of it, but from what i have heard it started with a few players who were aided in #support, but then the issues started to grow worse and move into european countries, it was monitored for about 12 hrs and appeared to be getting worse not better, so the decision was made to stop the game .
If the pa team had waited, and the situation had gotten even worse, then this thread would have been calls for a stop and a roll back!
the pa team concidered the % of players that could possibly be affected if the trend continued and stopped the game, RIGHT DESCISION !
R11 -> NOW HR HC
(a round history not condusive to suceeding in exams, having a life or much sleep )
I'm not misunderstood ... I'm EVIL
Mistwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Sep 2007, 12:51   #30
paolo
Kwaak

paolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to all

I can maybe try to understand why they stop ticks (not really, normal life also continues if you're sick, so why close the game if ~50 people can't access it...) but why do they have to close the game alltogether?
paolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Sep 2007, 12:56   #31
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Presumably because people will then have a harder time using the downtime to arrange defence or attacks. Which seems to be the logical thing to do, considering the fact that these 24 hours don't "exist" in-game.

WTF! WHAT IS THIS!! THE GAME IS DOWN!!! CRYYYYYYYYY!!!!
Unread 7 Sep 2007, 13:06   #32
GReaper
The BOFH

GReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant future

Any chance of putting some news on www.planetarion.com?
GReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Sep 2007, 13:36   #33
Elevator
Crackhead

Elevator is a jewel in the roughElevator is a jewel in the roughElevator is a jewel in the roughElevator is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
don't you mean Planetarjon?
Unread 7 Sep 2007, 15:03   #34
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

DrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allfather
Hmz, who had routing problems this time?
I find it odd they do this for some players and not others.
Was 1-2 rounds ago there were some major routing problems in Norway, and I didn't notice any downtime in pa.
Was last round and i were one of those losing a buttload of CR because of it. Nothing happened then.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadar
Who the hell would want to attack your loser-galaxy?
True, only nabbish idiots in there anyway

* We do not exist *

Unread 7 Sep 2007, 15:31   #35
Felagund
Lost in Translation

Felagund will become famous soon enoughFelagund will become famous soon enough

I Demand The Delay Of Final Tick 24 Hours
Unread 7 Sep 2007, 15:34   #36
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felagund
I Demand The Delay Of Final Tick 24 Hours
I agree. The round should stop after a given number of ticks, not on a set date.

* We do not exist *

Unread 7 Sep 2007, 16:33   #37
Nadar
I see you!

Agree with the two girls above me.
Unread 7 Sep 2007, 18:12   #38
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Smudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PA Portal
This page is currently under construction.
[14:53:26] * Keiz`afk has joined #support
[14:53:36] <Keiz`afk> THE SMUDGE CHEERLEADING TEAM HAS ARRIVED
Smudge is offline   Reply With Quote