User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 30 Oct 2008, 12:47   #1
Memtok

Memtok has a spectacular aura aboutMemtok has a spectacular aura aboutMemtok has a spectacular aura about
Question for Creators

I have found that something is happening in my planet, something which I cannot "explain" by reading through the rules...

To wit:

I started my planet as Zikonian. I did the quests through Res Ctr build, and had 6m 6c and 6 e roids initiated. My remaining res amount was 350 of each type.

I then performed a planet re-set, thinking I could maybe do the ETD switch up/trade deal, and start instead with 5m 5c 8e. It turned out I was about 46 e short of having 8 e roids. I thought 6 6 6 was better, and I'd balance with later roid init, so I performed another re-set, to get back to 6 6 6...

When I did my re-set, and completed the quest etc, now I only have 200 of each resource type. I have done a couple other re-sets, and it seems that I remember having even MORE than 350 of each type of res after my 6 6 6 init pattern before, but I cannot be certain of that. I AM certain I had 350 of each left before this latest re-set though, and I am also certain I now have only 200 of each...

My question is:

Is there a "hidden cost" to performing a re-set this round, prior to tick start?

Is there some negative effect on quest bonuses after taking a re-set? (I have also noted that I do NOT need to re-do all the quests; merely initiating roids/applying to an alliance takes me immediately back to the res ctr quest)

Is there something I am missing that says this is supposed to happen?
Unread 30 Oct 2008, 14:51   #2
cha^
King of EMO

cha^ is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Question for Creators

There aint a "hidden cost" but sometimes if you reset and Planet 1:1:1 doesnt remove his mails, you wont get the bonus from that and can't finnish some quests. Thats why you are few resources late. But few ress here or there doesn't matter anything.

e: Might be misstaken then, sowwy

Last edited by cha^; 31 Oct 2008 at 08:37.
cha^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Oct 2008, 17:19   #3
Memtok

Memtok has a spectacular aura aboutMemtok has a spectacular aura aboutMemtok has a spectacular aura about

I don't think it is because of the mail to 1.1.1 quest...

i got the bonus for mailing before the re-set (1 of ea roid).

As for it not "mattering", it does matter because as a result of res lost SOMEWHERE, I cannot get to a 5 5 8 roid ratio to start. this should be possible for a zik, by using the etd trade option, because I know some who have done it.

Because I am somehow "losing" resources by re-setting, I cannot re-set and get to the 5 5 8 ratio.

sure...it isn;t a huge thing, but it is a small annoyance!
Unread 30 Oct 2008, 17:51   #4
Fatrick
Farmer Smurf

Fatrick can only hope to improve

I found this too...I didnt reset at all, and inited 6 6 6 roids....i was left with 200 of each res. I was Xan at the time.

I have no rival; No man can be my equal
Fatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Nov 2008, 17:35   #5
Linkie
fanboy

Linkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to behold

I can't really be bothered to check this now, but I seem to remember it happening because you finish the quests right away after reseting, therefore you'll have a couple of extra roids and your initial init cost will be higher.

FOUNDER OF THE OFFICIAL ASCENDANCY LADY GAGA FAN CLUB

ASCENDANCY DEMOLITION MAN
Linkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Nov 2008, 17:54   #6
Odyssey
The Ministry Hero

Odyssey is an unknown quantity at this point

Why make fuss for something as unimportant as this?
Unread 1 Nov 2008, 23:38   #7
Gabriel
Gabba gabba hey hey

Gabriel has a spectacular aura aboutGabriel has a spectacular aura aboutGabriel has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linkie View Post
I can't really be bothered to check this now, but I seem to remember it happening because you finish the quests right away after reseting, therefore you'll have a couple of extra roids and your initial init cost will be higher.
Quoted for truth. Deleting your sent mails and forum posts is supposed to fix this.
Gabriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Nov 2008, 01:30   #8
Memtok

The reason I asked wasn't to moan aobut the "loss"; I am fully aware of the fact it is minor...

But what I WAS doing was switching races frequently so I could make suggestions for research/construction/bonus use patterns to people. If I was going to CONTINUE losing resources for each and every re-set, it did not look to be long before I could not initiate to 18 roids at the start...

A single re-set made no difference really (hence me not "noticing" it for sure on the first re-set), but the cumulative effects of numerous re-sets could be damaging.

Thank you for responses.
Unread 2 Nov 2008, 04:11   #9
tobbe

tobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to behold

i resetted my planet 7 or 8 times before round start and i had 6 6 6 roids and 350 of each res

VisioN Forever!
tobbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Nov 2008, 10:48   #10
Mistwraith
Bad Girl

Mistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud of

Timing of when you initiated the roids is the key, one of the quests gives you roids, you have to iniate before that otherwise your iniating costs rise and you get less.
R11 -> NOW HR HC
(a round history not condusive to suceeding in exams, having a life or much sleep )
I'm not misunderstood ... I'm EVIL
Mistwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Nov 2008, 11:32   #11
Cooling
Tilting at windmills

Cooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Well I for one think that this is an absolute travesty, and the admins better do something about it right away!

Imagine if this happened to someone you know... it'd almost certainly ruin their round. They'd start at an immediate disadvantage, and couldn't possibly catch up with everybody else.

It's game over - they might as well delete their account, put a gun to their head and pull the trigger.

Fix it.
Unread 3 Nov 2008, 11:58   #12
Gabriel
Gabba gabba hey hey

Gabriel has a spectacular aura aboutGabriel has a spectacular aura aboutGabriel has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooling View Post
Well I for one think that this is an absolute travesty, and the admins better do something about it right away!

Imagine if this happened to someone you know... it'd almost certainly ruin their round. They'd start at an immediate disadvantage, and couldn't possibly catch up with everybody else.

It's game over - they might as well delete their account, put a gun to their head and pull the trigger.

Fix it.
This is sarcasm yes?
Gabriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Nov 2008, 12:51   #13
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Yes.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Nov 2008, 00:43   #14
Memtok

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooling

Fix it.
This is sarcasm yes?
No...that would be "HUA Syndrome"

(head up arse)