User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 9 Feb 2008, 15:22   #1
Charles
Banned

Charles is on a distinguished road
Tramps Tramps Tramps

Tramps

example: a 25-35 year old man sitting by the cash machine on student nights+friday and saturdays asking each and every person who passes for 'any spare change'

the general tramp i see seems very fit and healthy? with a beer can possibly or when they take it to the extremes their is a dog next to them.

Why post about tramps?

because frankly iam sick to death of them asking me and the people iam with for money and i hate the view of people have of them when they recieve pitty etc.

Last night i was out in Derby, UK, i was just walking back from a club and there is a tramp sitting next to the cash machine as normal so as we are walking up he says, 'guys, have ya got any spare change?'

so i simply reply, 'get a job'

then the girls who i was with start having a go at me, and calling me a dick and unfair etc etc, atleast the guy i was with also backed me up but seriously, who is in the right here?

i dont understand why the tramp cant get off his lazy ass and get a job, secondly where is the tramp during day times and where is he when it rains???
tucked up in a bed imo...
surely especially in the UK there is no reason to be on the floor begging, they should simple go to the nearest council offices and kick off....

I would also like to point out that some students from the University of Derby paid a tramp to dance and video'd it and put it on youtube (search for 'Derbys Dancing Tramp') but the thing is, this was then the day after on the news! with people complaining how the tramps deserve better then this and that they were humiliating the tramps, i just find this sickening... the tramp earned money and was made ~famous~? possibly? anyways the thing is i personally think tramps should get off their asses and do something with their lifes instead of beg off people who aint even well off but people who are not in a mental state, drunk etc, and why is that ok?

It just really gets to me that people who were in the group with me complained that i asked why the tramp could not just get a job etc..

so i wondering what is the general opinion of tramps, especially those in England....
Charles is offline   Reply With Quote