User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 15 Sep 2010, 13:32   #1
t3k
The Video Guy

t3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond repute
Mehh

Hi guys.

Right, NFI have just given NewDawn a pre-agreed 16-hour notice period on our NAP termination.

The way I see it is this:

There was no way, with the politics staying as they were, NFI were going to lose tag win. I think that's pretty much agreed upon by all.

Meanwhile what was happening was NewDawn were hitting everyone and nobody was hitting them back because of their NAP with Asc. This included hitting planets not in NFI in NFI-heavy gals whilst we weren't allowed to def (a tactic we repeated once and got all sorts of abuse for - oh, the irony). Then they were targetting alliances like Osi and ODDR knowing there was nothing they could do about retals, and all the while I had DigitalZero bitching at me in pm "are you trying to end the NAP then?" every five minutes, despite that not being my intention at the time.

The rest of the round was set to be very boring for everyone concerned, and I'm sure you will all be glad that there is going to be a bit of action at last.

Implications for NFI:

Yes, we backed out of a previous promise to maintain nap until round end. We didn't think though that this would be non-aggressive only though, as after one night of incoming NewDawn napped our opposing "block" by proxy (asc) as to avoid any and all incomings, whilst alliances like CT had to pay the price. That, and the lolwaves we're still getting - although, the lolwaves have been the most fun we've had this round.

We may now find ourselves in a position whereby we have no naps (apart from CT who have been amazing to work with this round) and being attacked by everyone over the entire universe. We've worked out an agreement with App for the time being which you should all be able to see on the universe page.

Basically though, we might well lose tagwin, not get anywhere near planet or galwin, and end the round having acheived nothing.

You know what though? We're absolutely A-OK with that. We've done enough to secure tagwin already so if we don't win now it will be due to a desire to test NewDawn and see how they hold up against incomings from an alliance they can't pick on. If we don't win it will because I didn't like the thought of NewDawn telling me that if Phant was still winning come the last 2 days they were gonna break the nap and roid him.

RE: Phant

Yes, I'm aware he pissed a lot of people off, but personally I'd rather Phant won after pissed a couple of people off but being made to fight for his rank, than Mythx won after not having been challenged at all in the last 700+ ticks. Nothing personal, Mythx - you played as best you could in the political climate NFI and ND created over the universe, but I still don't think you've 'earned' your right to be where you are. You have 9 days to prove me wrong.

As for everyone else...

Do what you please, I don't doubt you'll be approached by either myself or NewDawn or possibly both. I don't want to turn this into an "all on newdawn" scenario as this isn't about bashing them for the sake of it. We stand nothing to gain from this, but feel it's required to spice up the remainder of the round and open things up a bit.

That's all for now, unless I remember something in a minute and edit my post.

Edit: "ND Have been riding our coattails and fencing the entire round out, and have now been talking to alliances to outright backstabb us. In response to ND's lack of living up to the intent of the agreement made, we're now dropping the NAP with them and will be working together with anyone else who belives ND might finally deserve some incoming this round"

I thought I'd mentioned.

Thanks,

[NFI] HC

Last edited by t3k; 15 Sep 2010 at 14:48. Reason: Told you I'd missed something.
t3k is offline   Reply With Quote